Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Hidden Object Crosswords

[Post New]by sjsullivan on Jan 5, 11 8:16 AM
Not a buy for me!!!!!!! Not fun. Really lame gamea.

amj0963
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,544 Posts

[Post New]by amj0963 on Jan 5, 11 8:20 AM
first off welcome back poodlebear i have missed your reviews as we both have the same taste in games lol.

i really like the concept of having both of my favorite things in one game however i have a 24 inch monitor and i wish it would have filled my screen, i don't like having the bars on the sides, plus it didn't seem as clear as it should have been looked a little pixellated.

also my game ran very slow and choppy so i am going to uninstall and reinstall it this morning to see if that clears it up some. even switching over from custom cursor it still ran very slow and choppy.

JanG7
Guppy
Guppy
110 Posts

[Post New]by JanG7 on Jan 5, 11 9:07 AM
What a unique concept for a game! Unfortunately, it runs too slow for my taste. I have a new computer with all the latest updates, so I'm thinking thats how the game was designed.

If another game of this genre comes out, or there is a fix for this one, I will consider buying. But not at this time.

Edited on 01/05/2011 at 9:08:11 AM PST

Brenny190
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Brenny190 on Jan 5, 11 9:12 AM
I love this game!!
I like crosswords and enjoy HOGs so this is a definite buy for me

Brenny190

Pickles77
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by Pickles77 on Jan 5, 11 9:16 AM
I have to pass on this one......it was so painfully slow that I deleted it after 10 minutes ......Have fun, everyone who is enjoying the game....and a big welcome back, Poodlebear, if you are indeed back

Mouse381
Guppy
Guppy
125 Posts

[Post New]by Mouse381 on Jan 5, 11 9:26 AM
Well, this sure is different, to say the least!
I REALLY wanted to like this game, But the board poping up and down constantly got annoying fast. Also alot of the grammatical errors got to me, as well as the face fact that some of the clues did not match the item.
That said...The music was soothing, except for the loud part when you complete a level. The graphics are wonderful.
I'm going to pass on this one, but I give it 2 stars out of 5.

Faylyn
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by Faylyn on Jan 5, 11 9:26 AM
I really wanted to like this game but it is too slow and choppy. I hope they can fix it because if they do, I will buy it. As it is now, I have to pass on this one.

Welcome back, poodlebear! It's nice to read your comments again!

Faylyn

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Jan 5, 11 9:28 AM
I thought this game might be fun but instead I found it too slow and boring. I don't usually play crossword games anyway so I won't be buying this one.

k8edidnt
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by k8edidnt on Jan 5, 11 9:29 AM
I never post either but used to start every morning with Poodlebear. I must echo welcome back and ask you not to get such a big head that you don't come back!

SMQMC
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by SMQMC on Jan 5, 11 9:45 AM
Glad Poodlebear is floating around again. Always looked forward to her comments and reviews. For this one though, even though I absolutely love crosswords (I do at least 2-3 a day), and HOGs, combining them sounded like fun except when I read the reviews. I just don't want to be irritated by some of the things mentioned. It will just ruin my enjoyment of either type of game and I don't want that. Maybe some day if this ever goes on a really good sale, I may be tempted again, but for right now, I don't think so.

SnowMeow
Stingray
Stingray
5,934 Posts

[Post New]by SnowMeow on Jan 5, 11 10:01 AM
Great concept, lousy result.
Missed ya Poodlebear - glad your back!
SnowMeow (Calif.)

FawnMart
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by FawnMart on Jan 5, 11 10:08 AM
JanG7 wrote:What a unique concept for a game! Unfortunately, it runs too slow for my taste. I have a new computer with all the latest updates, so I'm thinking thats how the game was designed.

If another game of this genre comes out, or there is a fix for this one, I will consider buying. But not at this time.

Ditto for me. My computer is current. Brief freeze in the game at the start, followed by very choppy, slow movement. Only other game I have had this issue with was Roads of Rome 1 where my men appeared to have their shoe laces tied together when they ran . Followed every possible thread, hint, Big Fish advice and could not get it to play correctly. Not going through that again any time soon. Deleted this one after five minutes. Interesting concept but not a buy at this time.

Cromaxgal
Clownfish
Clownfish
730 Posts

[Post New]by Cromaxgal on Jan 5, 11 10:09 AM
Ditto on what JEFFORY said. Not for me.

cyndrap
Guppy
Guppy
124 Posts

[Post New]by cyndrap on Jan 5, 11 10:35 AM
yasure wrote:That was a nice change. I didn't like the crossword puzzle popping up all the time. I knew a lot of the answers but had a hard time finding the object. Nice but not a buy for me.

I have to agree and a no buy for me also

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Jan 5, 11 10:44 AM
Pickles77 wrote:I have to pass on this one......it was so painfully slow that I deleted it after 10 minutes ......Have fun, everyone who is enjoying the game....and a big welcome back, Poodlebear, if you are indeed back

Ditto!!

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on Jan 5, 11 10:48 AM
Just wanted to stop in and say "hello" to Poodlebear. Hope this is the start of a comeback!

akaratcat
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by akaratcat on Jan 5, 11 11:20 AM
picture grainy and jerky cursor,,,,sounds ike an interesting game,,,but will have to pass for now..........also would like the pond to welcome poodlebear back,,,,,always looked for reviews and poodle was always on the mark.

kdubs
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,480 Posts

[Post New]by kdubs on Jan 5, 11 11:32 AM
Wanted to like it but just can't. Taken on its merits purely as a HOG, graphics seem mediocre. As a word puzzle, the crossword portion didn't grab me either. The up/down of the puzzle made me .
The flittering fairy was just too annoying. May I borrow that flyswatter for a moment please?

gailweis
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by gailweis on Jan 5, 11 11:33 AM
cherbtoo wrote:
Stevihj wrote:The graphics are nice. The gameplay is a mix of HOG and crossword. You are given a crossword panel and you have to find the object that is the answer. There is a hint fairy that flits across the screen. I want a flyswatter to beat it as it becomes very annoying. There is a hint button, the flittering one is unnecessary. Many of the "riddles' are actually old wisdoms, ie An empty purse has few friends or When the cat's away, the mice will play. However, many of these are English sayings so I am not sure if they translate well to those who don't speak English as their first language or second. The game get rather dull in the higher levels as there mislabelings.

This game is a C-.

I know exactly what you mean ... try this one

prp __
prp| i |
prp| i |
prp| i |
prp| i |
prp| i |
prp| i |
___| i |____
|########|
|########|
|########|
|########|
|########|
''''''''''''''''''''''''

Cherb - It took me a minute, but I finally figured it out! Flyswatter. Very clever, and loved your drawing of Poodlebear (how do you do these drawings?) - Welcome back to you, Poodlebear! Can't wait to try this game - love crosswords and love hidden objects.

Gail

Edited on 01/05/2011 at 12:32:43 PM PST

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Jan 5, 11 11:35 AM
I just played the hour demo. An interesting crossbreed of a game. Worth taking a look at, at least.

The clues are a bit like crossword puzzle clues - a bit harder than the usual ones in HOGs. I didn't particularly care for the sound of the chalkboard moving up and down, so I turned down the game sounds a bit. It feels like a game type that could have some potential if it finds its niche. For me it's not quite clicking yet, as to feeling like it's fun. But it's a well-made shot at trying something new.

Go to: