Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Haunted Legends: The Queen of Spades

[Post New]by jpickering on Jan 23, 11 4:36 AM
Just completed Queen of Spades great game top puzzles didn't get the 'solve the letterbox' though and couldn't understand the 'message in the fireplace' but again GREAT GAME......

beryltheperil
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by beryltheperil on Jan 23, 11 8:17 AM
I really enjoyed this game. Plenty of puzzles and good graphics.

[Post New]by GameStudent on Jan 24, 11 8:46 PM
This is one of the best games I've played for ages. Still not sure what the foggy slot under the main entrance was for but who cares. This was a long game (yay!), not too difficult (yay!), great story (yay!) and bearable music (yay!). From me it gets 4 out of 5 stars. Excellent!

co_ff_ee
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

I liked the game and DO recommend it

[Post New]by co_ff_ee on Jan 24, 11 10:35 PM
For me it was challenging, had to do the walkthrough several times, but no complaints except for two small things... Too many RATS.. and too many BUGS. i didn't do the SG box on the steps or the fireplace but finished without it.

Edited on 01/24/2011 at 10:37:24 PM PST

MissMoraduke
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

[Post New]by MissMoraduke on Jan 25, 11 6:37 PM
This is such a great game I am not done yet, but just dropping in to say how much I like it. Trying to savor it, and dont want to finish to quickly!

[Post New]by catfromaus on Jan 26, 11 1:59 PM
Reallly enjoyed the game, nice graphics, challenging without being impossible and good story. Didn't like the ending though, thought it was too easy. What was with the letterbox?? Oh well, overall enjoyed!

LuckyKate
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by LuckyKate on Jan 27, 11 11:26 PM
EXCELENT GRAPHICS!
EXCELENT SOUND!
PERFECT GAME!
HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!

OzzyRobyn
Minnow
Minnow
254 Posts

[Post New]by OzzyRobyn on Jan 28, 11 9:31 PM

I just played this again and it's SUCH a good game! And long! It's also about the only game where I found buying the CE to have been worth it, as I needed the SG more than once and the bonus game is a lot of fun.

Just one teensy weensy quibble - sometimes you click on an object but it isn't picked up so you assume it's the wrong object, then you use Hint and it was the right object after all, you'd just clicked in the wrong place on it. There was a set of ribs once where the sweet spot was along the bottom edge rather than in the middle, a bit strange. Still, it's a tiny complaint.

All in all this one is and .

zorroback2
Herring
Herring
302 Posts

[Post New]by zorroback2 on Jan 29, 11 7:05 AM
Great, Great, Great game!!!!!
But............................I just finished Shadow Wolf Mysteries: Curse of the Full Moon Collector's Edition - from the same developer ERS Game Studios and....
all that i can say is WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Realy BOMBA!!!!!
Loved it as i had loved Haunted Legends: The Queen of Spades and other games from ERS!!!

lorialcorn2006
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

Played through did not like it

[Post New]by lorialcorn2006 on Jan 29, 11 2:44 PM
I just had real trouble with this game there were plenty of HOs but the mini games were all the kind I really hate and I so hate skipping mini games but aside from about 1/2 of them I had to skip them . also although the graphics were nice the story was just weird and not in a good way . things were spread out so far from the point of use in most of them I had so much in my inventory It got crazy . Normally I love ERS games but this one was very frustrating and I felt like it was very disjointed . The one big problem I had with it was you had to do a whole lot of stuff to get one main object or to find one small clue like the wagon that had to be moved and you have to run around finding a bunch of stuff to get out of the way only to find that whole thing was for one tiny item . I don't know maybe I'm off my game or something but Ive been playing for hours and never once got that this is a cool game feeling but that could be because I'm really hooked on Phantasmet . I just did not really understand the story I guess and it was a surprise to find that all the inventory I had at the end of the game all went into one place and that was the end . All I kept thinking is with all this in my inventory this must be a long game . I was disappointed that I reached the end unexpectedly even though I could not wait to finish and unuinstall it . I'm really going to have to check walkthroughs before buying to see if the mini games are the kind I do not mind doing

cjpandie
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by cjpandie on Jan 29, 11 3:48 PM
[b]I can say I enjoyed this game very much. The graphics were great, almost too busy at times, but that is a plus I think. I had to use the hint button quite often and then thought duh of course that is it. Very challenging. And Fun. We need more like it. Yes, maybe a map might have helped but then it was fun to go back and make sure you did everything you needed to have done. Give us more.

Tikatoy
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by Tikatoy on Feb 1, 11 9:42 AM
I really loved this game! The graphics and music were amazing, and the hidden object scenes and puzzles were fun. I liked that although the map was pretty big, the hidden object scenes would pop up near where you'd used an object or solved a puzzle so you didn't miss them.

As I said, the full map is large, but you can only access a few rooms at first and gradually open up access to the rest, so I never got lost while I was playing.

So, what does SG stand for?

mendolyn
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by mendolyn on Feb 3, 11 3:20 PM
over all the game is great. scenes are good, graphics good, the lentgh is good, the music is mostly good altho anything gets annoying if you listen to it long enough. i enjoyed the story line and the ending was satisfying. the only things i can say got a little oldish is there is A LOT of backtracking and it can get confusing to remember where everything is. also (spoiler alert) i thought that the town was really a wasted setting since you only go to the library to get a book which you had to run all over to get stuff for the guard only to do one thing in town. i think you picked up a bucket of something too there but otherwise it wasn't a very well thought out addition to the rest of the story and setting. luckily it's a small portion of a really great game. as much as i enjoyed it, the game has some gruesome surprises so this one probably isn't good for small children or people who prefer more lighthearted fair. i'm definitely looking forward to sequels and really enjoyed it a lot.

[Post New]by Janlbca on Feb 5, 11 6:55 PM
I enjoyed this game very much. Hated for it to end.

Breezeie66
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by Breezeie66 on Feb 8, 11 11:20 AM
One of the more enjoyable games we have played lately. Will just say that agree with most other comments as to graphics, playability and good fun. Sometimes just wish they would realize it is a good game and give it more play time. Will definitely buy another like this as long as they don't change the format.

Edited on 02/08/2011 at 11:21:02 AM PST

buckeyelibra
Guppy
Guppy
153 Posts

[Post New]by buckeyelibra on Feb 9, 11 12:56 PM
great game! easy enough to figure out the next move by looking at the journal. some objects a little hard to find but with patience found them all. didn't go to the WT at all.

[Post New]by HotGamer1255 on Feb 10, 11 6:10 AM
This was a great game,, It holds your interest. The graphics are very real. I had lots of fun with this game... and look forward in playing it again
Thank You

[Post New]by HotGamer1255 on Feb 10, 11 6:11 AM
This was a great game,, It holds your interest. The graphics are very real. I had lots of fun with this game... and look forward in playing it again
Thank You

MrsPatty
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by MrsPatty on Feb 10, 11 3:04 PM
Just wanted to say how much i enjoyed the game. It kept me challenged and on my toes. I found myself coming to the walk through when i got stumped. And that really helped. I never once got frustrated with this game. Some games i do when i have trouble trying to advance. But this one because of it having the walk through it let you go back and retrace your steps to find all the tools and cards you need to finish the game. And you can not finish the game if you do not have all the cards. You must have all 52 to play the ending. WHich lets you play until you win 3 times. Great game. I see there is a collectors edition. I may check it out also. So if any of you have trouble getting through this game you can always come to the forums and go to the walk through so it can help you. Great Game Big Fish. KUDOS....

avueik
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Haunted Legends: The Queen of Spades

[Post New]by avueik on Feb 13, 11 8:56 PM
bfgArnoStyx wrote:Hey Fishies! What do you think of Haunted Legends: The Queen of Spades? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments and opinions in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

If you are experiencing technical issues with the game, please refer to our Technical Issues thread <a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/137577.page">here</a>.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!**

Happy gaming!

Go to: