BossBrat
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Eternal Night: Realm of Souls

[Post New]by BossBrat on Jan 17, 11 3:54 PM
I lasted 12 minutes - barely. BORING! I had no problems whatsoever with the game and it has beautiful graphics. The music basically put me to sleep and I'm really tired of RA or other imaginary gods, lol. I can't wait for the dollhouse game I beta tested a while back. I don't care if it's CE or what. That is going to be a great game!

Kizmit
Clownfish
Clownfish
585 Posts

[Post New]by Kizmit on Jan 17, 11 4:02 PM
I thought the same thing as snapnhiss!
The tech problem thread is longer than the comments and reviews thread.
Makes one nervous about this game right out of the gate!
Kizmit

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Jan 17, 11 4:04 PM
Very Interesting and the walk through sure helped. I would have been stuck on one thing forever. I do like the game and it's a game you can play at your own pace. Will be a buy for me..

beckykay
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by beckykay on Jan 17, 11 5:36 PM
waste. of. time.

ryanjohn
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by ryanjohn on Jan 17, 11 6:11 PM
I am not a fan of Egyptian themes anymore, so the whole premise was dull to me. What little I did play was boring. It did take too long to load and then crashed my computer, so my review does not reflect a good hour's worth of play.

lauriedoss
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by lauriedoss on Jan 17, 11 6:16 PM
Poodlebear...good to see you again! It's been a while, and even if you aren't writing the longer reviews I appreciate your input...as well as Goofy, CasualGran, Cherbtoo, and everyone else that contributes. Off to download the demo!

maj_50
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

Don't like

[Post New]by maj_50 on Jan 17, 11 6:24 PM
Do not like this game at all; have never had problems downloading a game before after it loaded that first screen with all the symbols on it stayed forever, nothing wrong with my computer......

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Jan 17, 11 6:31 PM
I agree that the game is unusal, but I don`t like this game enough after the trial that I have the feeling now for buying it. Maybe later, if its a Daily deal or if we have the next sale, but surely not now.

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Jan 17, 11 6:35 PM
I played the hour demo. Very cool, creative, and colorful. The only tech problem I had was just not closing out to the game manager right - had to click play again to get it to tell me my demo hour was up - not really a problem lol. Anyway, it goes on my "may buy" short list - alongside Tulula and Brunhilda.

Edited on 01/17/2011 at 6:38:40 PM PST

Ucwatuget
Guppy
Guppy
185 Posts

[Post New]by Ucwatuget on Jan 17, 11 7:54 PM
I can't determine if I'm going to buy this one. I downloaded it when they put it out a couple days ago. This game played fine for me for the first 57 minutes then it forced closed. I disliked the amount of time it took to load between sections of the game. As there was no walkthrough available, it really made me think I enjoyed that. Reminded me of the old days. LOL. No junk pile scenes and few finding items. You must scroll ur mouse around the scene to determine where to go. They moved things around so that you had difficulty finding where to go and what to do without playing with things and often. I think I'm going to skip this. Tho I would have liked it, the technical problems and the shortness was the deciding factors.

GONGA
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by GONGA on Jan 17, 11 9:20 PM
This game is a no buy for me, I thought it was way to slow and the cursor was kind of skittish. I just could not get into it oh well.

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Jan 17, 11 9:22 PM
way too long to download, annoying voice, and far too tedious

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on Jan 17, 11 10:42 PM
Thanks for the great reveiw, LizzieK! Spot on, as always!

BereniceP
Minnow
Minnow
227 Posts

[Post New]by BereniceP on Jan 18, 11 12:33 AM
Used a game credit to buy this one and wish I hadn't. Too short, and not a good game at all.Cannot understand why it was such a large download either!
Waste of time and money.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jan 18, 11 12:49 AM
snapnhiss wrote:I'm a little concerned that the tech problem thread is longer than the comments and reviews thread.

Me too. That, and the fact that there are flashing images and, from what I saw in the walkthrough, the background images are mainly in blue, green and purple *shudders*, and I am really tired of Egyptian-themed games, I am not even going to bother with the demo.

[Post New]by shirlthecurl on Jan 18, 11 1:30 AM
started off with the cursor having a mind of its own and you are unable to revert to custom cursor, thought I would persevere but what with it taking for ever to load I just got fed up about 5 mins in

amanda4
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by amanda4 on Jan 18, 11 3:23 AM
Have just finished playing this game and have to say was one of the best I have played to date.Graphics and colour absolutely beatiful.The only critisism I would have is having to wait for loading between scenes but otherwise excellent game.

Timbuctu
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by Timbuctu on Jan 18, 11 5:19 AM
Other than the fact that the **** picture puzzles (as in, the ones with the items missing from the pictures that need to be found and placed back) were so poorly thought out as far as indicating what you actually needed to find (I ended up just randomly clicking until I had most of the objects, then hinting for the rest), the game is average. Just average. This isn't some new breakthrough in HOG play style, it is just a couple of thinking puzzles and a lot of travelling to complete them.

That being said, the load times are ridiculous, and mar the game quite a bit.

sheilaclown
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by sheilaclown on Jan 18, 11 5:28 AM
CURSES on the custom cursor (Curser!!!!) makes it all t-o-o-o-o-o-o s-l-o-w-w-w- for me; pity ! it looked to be good.

[Post New]by adventure777 on Jan 18, 11 6:31 AM
I love the game ! It only fails at providing sufficient length However, it's gorgeous as graphics and so very interesting and innovative that it grasps you right away. I am not into the Egyptian theme either, but this one really deserves the attention. At least, try the demo

Cheeers

Go to: