Re:Technical Issues

[Post New]by crypticsolofawn on Jan 17, 11 10:59 AM
Ditto....having same probs as everyone else. Game just froze after I played the music note to wakeup enity...Is BF going to fix? Afraid to even delete after reading some posts, and already used game credit.

[Post New]by Donna1876 on Jan 17, 11 11:06 AM
First time I have posted on here, actually first time I have ever had a problem with a BF game.

Got through the trial ok and bought the game, now I can only get so far and just keeping getting the message that a problem has caused the program to stop working.

Tried to load it umpteen times and the same thing happens every time, getting totally frustrated.

MrLipid
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by MrLipid on Jan 17, 11 11:26 AM
Wow. Wonder what is going on with this one. Can only get out of this game by using Task Manager. Not that I was really in the game. It has frozen quite predictably during the main menu.

Noticed in Task Manager that there are two Eternal Night.EXEs. One takes up roughly 219,000 K of memory and the other uses about 1,300 K. It's the smaller one that kills the game.

Until there's a fix, I'm leaving this one alone.

Tammy735
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by Tammy735 on Jan 17, 11 11:30 AM
I'm having the same problem with my mouse as a lot of people are in here. I have to reboot because of freezing.

[Post New]by CalifDreaming on Jan 17, 11 11:43 AM
Hi Fishies.
I was not having a problem until I put the game into Window mode so I could sneak out for a look at the walkthrough. When I went back to the game after changing it back to fullscreen, I lost the bottom line of my h.o.g., + my menu button was missing. I was able to click below the screen line & get the menu to change into Window mode again so I could play, however the game is too small for me to enjoy.
Another small thing that I was able to clear up after some clicking around. I had the "Task" balloons up & couldn't close them.
I won't be buying this game. I don't like games where I need to spend half my time in the walkthough trying to find out where to go and what to do.
As others have stated, this looks to be an interesting game/story, but not if a fishie has problems during the demo.

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

Re:Post any Eternal Night: Realm of Souls technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Jan 17, 11 11:44 AM
Hi everyone!

Thanks for starting up this thread. I've edited the title and we've gone ahead and stickied it as well.

If you are having problems getting Eternal Night: Realm of Souls to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct common issues in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (ie. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

mrsj
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by mrsj on Jan 17, 11 12:03 PM
i have the same problem that was mentioned earlier, i played the demo, then purchased, havn't been able to play since i bought it as all i get is a black screen

MrLipid
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by MrLipid on Jan 17, 11 12:18 PM
BFG lists these as the specs:

CPU: 600 Mhz
RAM: 128 MB
DirectX: 6.0
Hard Drive: 514 MB

Namco lists these:

CPU: 1.3GHz
RAM: 512 MB
DirectX: 9
Hard Drive Space: 200 MB
Video Memory: 128 MB

Edited on 01/17/2011 at 12:18:57 PM PST

PamNor58
Lobster
Lobster
95 Posts

[Post New]by PamNor58 on Jan 17, 11 12:19 PM
More comments under "tech issues" than under "comments" should have told me something, but I downloaded anyway. Could not even open the game, had to shut the computer down to get out of it. Download with caution!!

Kanithia
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by Kanithia on Jan 17, 11 12:31 PM
I made it to the second cavern - with the lava flow - and could not go any further. This looks like a good game and one I would probably buy, if I could get thru the demo!

[Post New]by Monarch3455 on Jan 17, 11 12:44 PM
The game starts to come up and then it goes to the bottom of my screen in the bar as an icon. I click on the icon and a black screen comes up, the game screen flickers, and then back to the bottom as an icon.

[Post New]by postal_nana on Jan 17, 11 12:53 PM
black screen of death....finally tried cad to get out and back to window....such flickering at a rapid pace ,,, finally had to do a hard shut down... . game looked like it would be good,,, but guess it wont be for me. i suppose it is not just an older computer with all these fishies that have new ones that are maxed to have so much trouble with this game...good luck to all that can play this one...

[Post New]by pixiecat2007 on Jan 17, 11 1:09 PM
Im having same problems as everyone else. SLOW loading, freezing up , thats if you can get into the game in the first place. Left relly flustered and annoyed. Never had problems like this before. BFG need to make sure there games are playable before releasing them. I used a game credit for this game .

New1
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by New1 on Jan 17, 11 1:09 PM
I am really getting tired of this. That's 3 games that don't work!

jobynana
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,017 Posts

[Post New]by jobynana on Jan 17, 11 1:27 PM
MrLipid wrote:BFG lists these as the specs:

CPU: 600 Mhz
RAM: 128 MB
DirectX: 6.0
Hard Drive: 514 MB

Namco lists these:

CPU: 1.3GHz
RAM: 512 MB
DirectX: 9
Hard Drive Space: 200 MB
Video Memory: 128 MB

Thank you for this Mr Lipid, I really did wonder if the 128mb RAM and 600Mhz CPU was.....well, not quite right!

[Post New]by lillyalex2003 on Jan 17, 11 1:32 PM
I am very disappointment with BF after this game. I downloaded the demo and it froze up twice. I went ahead and bought it and almost everytime I go to a new area it freezes up. Now I can't get past the big glowing arm in the sky-it starts to load and then says "Windows has encountered a problem" and closes it out. I went to the help pages and tried all of their suggestions and then restarted my computer and now when I click on the game in my game manager it won't even come up.

I know it's not my computer because it is a Sony All in One and is less than a year old and all of the drivers are up to date. I have not had this problem before with any games. I'm really upset that I wasted my free game code for a game I can't even play

Edited on 01/17/2011 at 1:32:52 PM PST

MrLipid
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by MrLipid on Jan 17, 11 1:59 PM
Just out of curiosity, I downloaded the trial version available at the publisher's site. Game installed with no problems and runs without a hitch. Now, there may be bugs that show up later, but so far, so good.

mamajay
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,222 Posts

[Post New]by mamajay on Jan 17, 11 2:07 PM
My demo of the game didn't seem to load too slowly, BUT, as soon as I tried to play (this is straight after the intro and the 'volunteer' has been chosen), the cursor went nuts, swinging from one side of the screen to the other, when I had barely touched it! I couldn't even get it to stay inside the box where I had to do something, so I could click on it.

Unfortunately there is no option to change the cursor, and I had to use task manager to get out of the game - twice. I was also getting extremely bright circles over different parts of the scene, which made it even more difficult to see what I was doing.

I have now uninstalled the game, as I cannot (and will not) play it while it is so full of bugs/glitches/whatever.

My desktop uses Windows 7 and everything is pretty much up to date.

HACC43
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by HACC43 on Jan 17, 11 2:33 PM
Once again I saw a game I liked and I tried to play the 1hr.trial demo but I could'nt get out of the starting gate. ( error access violation 0x0306EFAE(tried to write to 0x00000000), program terminated! I've gotten this for several of there last
games I really liked so I had to purchased them from other game sites or buy them on CD from computer games stores on line.

teeka57
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by teeka57 on Jan 17, 11 2:41 PM
was this game even tested? What a mess!

Go to: