dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Chronicles of Mystery: Tree of Life

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Jan 20, 11 4:04 PM
I don't mind this sort of game, but there is just too much running around and chit chat in this one for me. Don't like the cursor either. Graphics are great, but not enough for me to purchase.

[Post New]by vanderploeg on Jan 20, 11 6:32 PM
This game has a good story line & good graphics but there is too much dialogue and it moves soooo slow. I played the demo but will not be buying it.

Leanda1
Clownfish
Clownfish
513 Posts

[Post New]by Leanda1 on Jan 20, 11 9:34 PM
I agree with most of the comments about it being an Adventure Game through & through. I LOVE adventure games and am a bit tired of the Ihogs & frogs & TM & Match 3's lately. So for that THANKS BFG.... now as to Why it didn't work properly and why it "sticks" in certain places that is just BAD for business as this is the 3rd or 4th game this month that "came out" with alot of bugs!! so... COME ON ALREADY FIX THESE GAMES BEFORE YOU RELEASE THEM PLEASE!!! We love BFG & don't want to have to go else where for our gaming..... HELP US WANDA *wanda being a fictional character that we all call for when in need of help - there is no one that we know of at BFG that is named/called wanda LOLOLOL

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jan 21, 11 3:01 AM
goofyduck77 wrote:This is another game where you got the pop-up for DirectX and the Bing Bar, which is rather irritating since my DirectX was already up to date and the Bing Bar errored out.

There is a choice of whether you want to install the Bing Bar or not. I just declick the "Install the Bing Bar" box. And although our DirectX may be up-to-date, some people might need the update.

pbashby
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by pbashby on Jan 21, 11 5:55 AM
love the graphics .... love the story line .... love the game style (adventure, logic) BUT really not pleased with all the chatting the characters do ... and for no purpose that I can see other than extending game time. LOTS of buggy bits, check out the technical issues thread. Very important to save often so that when you hit one of the buggy areas, you can go back and try again.

RasmusB
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by RasmusB on Jan 21, 11 9:07 AM
Very nice adventure game. In my book, better than the VERY overrated Broken Sword games, with there annoying, unlogical puzzles. I'm conisdering buying this.

carolwooden
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by carolwooden on Jan 21, 11 11:28 AM
I've struggled throughout this game so found myself saving often. If you don't follow the walkthrough sentence by sentence you will get stuck unless you are super smart. I'm nearing the end of the game trying to get the ship to fly. It may take awhile.

I had problems with the chest in Brittany and separating the ramrod from the pistol. (You right click the pistol to remove the ramrod).

In Cairo, I thought I'd never get that camel milked but after hours of doing things over and over and in the right order I got her milked. Also, had trouble getting the pot for the milk. It was offered but it did not appear in the inventory (yes, I clicked on the right arrow). If the girl doesn't reach for it when the camel guy offers it, then it will not appear in the inventory. Also, It was not fun to adjust the water and that took hours and hours too.

The same goes for the dice game at the cafe. I played it over and over too and finally got past it after it froze on me numerous times. You better believe I saved these milestones and how.

In Gibraltar I thought I'd never get past that dog but after about 12 tries I finally mastered it. It wasn't that I didn't know how, it was because it was timed.

Advice: Get the walkthrough and read it carefully as you go along. Also helpful was collecting advice from this forum and looking at another walkthrough which was not as much help as the one on BFG but it did have some additional advice on getting the water going for the camel.

[Post New]by phstes on Jan 21, 11 11:32 AM
I have tried and tried to program the course for the airship and cannot get the arrows to go right!! I have followed the walkthrough but it doesn't give you any advice on HOW to set the course and you can't SKIP it so until I can get it to work, I am stuck. Somebody HELP PLEASE!!!

[Post New]by NecrosisThanatos on Jan 21, 11 4:44 PM
I love point-and-click adventure games and will definitely be buying this one. It's so sad that this type of game is dying out while mindless FPS's and HOG's thrive.

Leanda1
Clownfish
Clownfish
513 Posts

[Post New]by Leanda1 on Jan 21, 11 5:34 PM
NecrosisThanatos wrote:I love point-and-click adventure games and will definitely be buying this one. It's so sad that this type of game is dying out while mindless FPS's and HOG's thrive.

FPS??????????????

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Jan 21, 11 7:27 PM
Leanda1 wrote:
NecrosisThanatos wrote:I love point-and-click adventure games and will definitely be buying this one. It's so sad that this type of game is dying out while mindless FPS's and HOG's thrive.

FPS??????????????

FPS = first-person shooters

Carolest
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by Carolest on Jan 21, 11 11:57 PM
I was falling asleep during the black screen to the next scene...it lasted for ages.
This game is a no-buy for me. I can't be bothered with games that don't get me hooked early...or at least partially interested to find out more about the story. The voices were at different volumes, I don't think it's very good at all.
Too tedious, too boring, not a game for me.

seeme278
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by seeme278 on Jan 22, 11 8:26 AM
I bought it, but I wish I could return it. I had some trouble during the trial because the game requires things to be done in very specific order, and didn't get far enough along to form an opinion. But the graphics are good and the characters sort of funny, so I bought it. Boy does this game drag -- so much useless chatter. I spend most of the game reading quickly through the dialogue lines and not enjoying the graphics. Also, I've never needed a walkthru as much in any other game. Tiny little "hotspots", illogical order of what to do and find and who to talk to. Even when your instincts are correct, there is probably some mundane task you've missed and must accomplish before you can do a parallel assignment -- i.e. like finding the "ramrod," which took almost all of my trial time, before the game would give me the key to the secretary so I could find the ink for the 3D printer. Not the worst $7 I ever spent, but unless you are really bored -- I'd pass on this one.

LeBoof
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by LeBoof on Jan 22, 11 4:06 PM
D/L'd the trial. This game was so SLOW that I could only play like 10 minutes at a time. It was very boring (to me), and unengaging. The endless talking drove me to tears. And unlike most here, I found the graphics to be similar to the 3D stuff we saw years ago; Very clunky and blocky. The sound was horrid. The only voice I could hear was Sylvie's; The others were bearly audible. And the storyline....Hmm, was there one? There didn't seem to be a rhyme or reason for what you did, and the order in which to do it.

All in all, it was amatureish (sp?), and not well thought out. Again, JMHO. I've played a few Nancy Drew adventures, and found them much better than this, Although I must admit, I really prefer the HOGs like Ravenhearst, RTR, Sherlock Holmes, Briar Rose, etc.... I'm sorta new to the forums, and I don't know what an iHog, or FRog is, so I didn't refer to them as such, if in fact that's what they are.

To those who enjoy having to walk around, hunt & search, talk alot and have absolutely no clue or hint....this will be the game for you.

Happy Gaming,
LeBoof

[Post New]by Meredith43 on Jan 22, 11 4:27 PM
I have downloaded/removed/downloaded again four times and the thing won't open properly. I get a black screen and music. After as long as 30 minutes, the only way to close it is to shut off the computer. I'm done with this one!

uniphin
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by uniphin on Jan 24, 11 11:22 AM
Phew, finally finished it, I enjoyed the story and graphics in this game, reminded me of syberia, however it would have been excellent if the nonsense chit-chat was removed (talk about waffle) and the glitches were sorted, got fed up of restarting from an earlier save.
Not an easy game, had to use walkthrough a few times, which i try not to use, game could have benefitted from a hint system. A good long game (has taken me about 4-5 days on and off, wouldn't like to guess at the hours, TOO MANY!!!!) and worth a credit if they sort out the glitches.

1misskitty
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by 1misskitty on Jan 24, 11 2:13 PM
The game would have been a lot better if it had not been for some glitches. Some of the walkthrough was a little hard to understand also. I have not finished it yet, I guess its an ok game. I found some parts to hard and had to use walkthrough for them. Some of the puzzles need a little explanation in order to understand what and how you are supposed to solve the puzzle.

[Post New]by Ladyscarlett on Jan 24, 11 4:36 PM
How do I get the ramrod out of the pistol? I am stuck Any help would be appreciated.
Thank You

[Post New]by snoozanwillow on Jan 25, 11 2:38 AM
Well I played the game until the glitches started and now left with a movie without an ending.very frustrating.........This happend with the other game in the series...Will not be purchasing any more until BFG stop releasing games that dont work correctly....ANNOYED...I was about 80% way through and now need to start again.....NOT. I have requested my credit back.

1misskitty
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by 1misskitty on Jan 25, 11 11:12 AM
I have to say I did enjoy the game even though it had a few problems. I am glad I bought it.

Go to: