bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

Re:Post any Chronicles of Mystery: Tree of Life technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Jan 21, 11 3:34 PM
Hello Fishies,

It sounds like a number of you are having troubles with your inventory not collecting necessary items to move on. Sometimes progression blocks can occur when something is outdated in your system. If you'd like to check for any updates, please take a look at this help article:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If you've already taken these steps and are still unable to progress, you may want to try uninstalling and reinstalling your game and starting over with a new player profile.

Still having issues? Please get in touch with Tech Support and they will be happy to help you! To do this, you can click on the green envelope to the right of the screen, and then click "Contact Us" (bottom left) on the next page to reach the online web form. To submit this form, first click "Check for Answers" to visit the Help pages, and if you still can't find an answer, you can then click the "Submit" button to send your ticket to our reps.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can connect to Live Chat for real-time support through your "My Game Club" page. Chat hours are Monday through Friday 9:30 AM to 4:30 PM PST.

Thank you all for taking the time to post in this thread.

-bfgArnoStyx

Re:Post any Chronicles of Mystery: Tree of LifeE technical issues here only

[Post New]by peanutrootsgal on Jan 21, 11 7:47 PM
craneneck wrote:I went to talk to the janitor about the toner cartridge, and the new cartridge did not go into my inventory. I can no longer speak to him or anyone and am stuck.

[Post New]by peanutrootsgal on Jan 21, 11 7:53 PM
The same thing happened to me: the janior greeted with the message that he was giving me what I needed regarding the toner cartridge, etc. It didn't happen.

Likewise, Claire gave me permission to take what I needed from the box on the table in the Exhibition Hall, but when I clicked on it, received a message that I needed permission.

Repeated efforts on trying to get help with copiers, 3D machine, and flour--which the fellow at the restaurant said he had. Told me to take the pail (for water), but there was none.

What's with this game? Any help greatly appreciated!

[Post New]by Claribel on Jan 22, 11 3:15 AM
Having read through all the other posts I can see that I have just encountered the same inventory issue that many other players have had - i.e. when a character automatically gives/receives inventory items. I can still pick up inventory items and use them but anything that the game should transfer between players at key points has stopped working, which means I am now stuck where I am in the game. I note that the official advice is to start again with a new profile - but I am at the end of the fourth chapter in Gibraltar and that advice is just annoying after quite a lot of hours of gameplay.

Where I am, Sylvie should have automatically transferred cash/cheque to Sarah, then Sarah should give some money back which Sylvie uses to pay to pick up a parcel. None of this is happening - yesterday the first cash transfer from Sylvie to Sarah happened fine, now none of those steps works, and I've gone back to an earlier save and the first cash transfer doesn't happen either.

BFG - it's just not good enough to say that something must have updated. Your games should be robust enough to remain playable under simple update circumstances, which is a regular occurrence in the software world these days.

Not happy and will say so in other forums too!

HAULBOOTY
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by HAULBOOTY on Jan 22, 11 3:52 AM
kris_cross48 wrote:I seem to have a different issue. I've never run into this before. The picture is half off the monitor. The whole left side is black. When I close it, all is fine again. I don't think it's my monitor...anyone have any ideas?

I have, also, run into this problem. Does anyone know how to fix it? I tried to adjust screen manually, but screen still the same. I opened another game right before this and that is the first game that showed up half-off the screen; BROKEN SWORD. I just c/a/d then deleted that game. Would like to nip this in the bud . Any sugguestions would be appreciated.
Thanks.

elde
Catfish
Catfish
1,597 Posts

[Post New]by elde on Jan 22, 11 12:20 PM
vkacademy wrote:Glitches seem to be popping up randomly for a lot of us. Mine is in Cairo, after copying the map and returning to the antiques dealer, he is supposed to take the scarf back during our conversation. Well, the conversation happens, but he never takes the scarf, so I can't actually continue the game.

Have the same problem and please don't tell me I'll have to start OVER AGAIN!! (and maybe risking getting other glitches than the ones I already had ) Already uninstalled and reinstalled after the glitch with the pot for the camel milk and now this...
I know one thing, in future, before buying another game, I'll read the reviews and technical issues and will then decide where I'll buy a game

Has this game been tested??

Edit : this way I'll have a couple of grandchildren before I finish...if ever

Edited on 01/22/2011 at 12:22:28 PM PST

puzzle_player
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by puzzle_player on Jan 22, 11 1:12 PM
I haven't seen my problem in here so I don't know if this is a glitch or not. My game won't take me to Venice. I have read the walkthrough up to the point of where I am and, I have everything, done everything, and I've talked to everyone. I'm still at the castle. Any suggestions please? This is the third game in a week that I haven't been able to play.

[Post New]by fernham on Jan 22, 11 7:22 PM
tobor57 wrote:I never had the demo, so can't blame it on that. I do have 2 of the glitches. I did not get the full toner cartridge nor did I get the flour. Like the others I can't talk to Antoine or the Innkeeper any more. I am not going to keep starting the game over again in the hopes it will work. If they can't come up with an update to fix this, I think we need our money back.

Same here! Never loaded the demo, just bought the game. Antoine says "Here's the toner" and no toner in the inventory. Yes, I checked, there's only an empty toner cartridge in my inventory.

barviv
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by barviv on Jan 23, 11 1:47 AM
Very disappointing! It started out like a really cool game, but once I bought the full version, it had a ton of glitches. OK, so everyone says you have to start from the beginning again, that's a bummer! After reading some of the other comments, it doesn't look like the glitches get any better. I think I'll just delete it and maybe try again when I'm really bored with nothing better to do.
I would be ticked about loosing my money for this game, but I love the BG Fishy I received for my anniversary!! I'll call this one even!
On to a HOG. Good luck everybody.

crazyfor20
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by crazyfor20 on Jan 23, 11 7:23 AM
I enjoyed the demo. Once I bought it and downloaded (3x now) it never played. I kept getting driver won't load. I have sent an e-mail to tech support. Hopefully they will fix or give me my credit back.

[Post New]by Wittious1 on Jan 23, 11 1:49 PM
I am having the same issues as everyone else, the camel trader will not take back his milk jug or the whip so i can't move on.
no way am I restarting from scratch this far in! I want my money back!

EDIT
okay i figured it out. when i did a windows search for CoM I found a file called game.setup in the folder for this game. I noticed that the setup file was for the time that I closed the game Without saving so i fiured it must have saved the glitches, (as returning to earlier saved games had given me the same results). so I did the following
Step 1 went to a much earlier save and over wrote all of the saves since the issue with the jug with duplicates of my save from earlier (getting the scarf)
Step 2 I closed the game and the bigfish game manager and restarted game from the desktop icon
3 when i went through this time I never touched the keyboard while people were talking, (I found that sometimes clicking the mouse to speed through a conversation sometimes makes you miss the graphic for being handed an item, and they don't always hand items to you precisely when the character says, "here take this"
4 I did things in a very linear order, for example, I milked the camel, transferred the milk from bucket to jug and immediately gave the bucket back to the camel trader even though i really wanted to get on to using the milk.

I do not know if it is necessary to restart the game for certain but it did replace the old setup file so it might be. It was just my hunch. I had to redo over an hour of game but that was better than restarting from the beginning.

I hope that this helps

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

S
P
A
C
E

The walkthrough that I read says to do a lot of other things first; and that at a pivotal point later when you talk to the camel trader you can give him the milk pot,(or bucket) but having the bucket at that point prevents the trader from giving you an item or taking the bucket.

Edited on 01/23/2011 at 3:12:00 PM PST

euwiles
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by euwiles on Jan 23, 11 1:52 PM
In Gilbrator and have had all the conversations with the officers and parcel is not in inventory. Have gone back in save games and started over several times to no avail. The game is also freezing. My daughter also is having problems and can't get the pail form the camel trader. Are there any patches or fixes.

[Post New]by RowanGolightly on Jan 23, 11 1:59 PM
Just three minutes into the demo, not even out of the beginning scene and the sound is really FUBAR'd. The music is really loud even though I adjusted the volume and the sound cuts in an out; horribly distracting.

Should I trash is and try to download the game rather than the demo?

It looks like a potentially very interesting game.

honeyg412
Clownfish
Clownfish
985 Posts

[Post New]by honeyg412 on Jan 23, 11 5:32 PM
I want to know why certain games like "Treasure Seekers: The Time Has Come" are fixed right away (within hours) and other games are not. TS had numerous fishies reporting the same tech glitches and by that afternoon we received a report that you were working on it and sure enough that day the newer game was posted. "Yet" this game has tech issues being posted by fishies that are very similar to each other and there's no word of a fix. I guess that all games are not created equal in BFG land. If you can get one developer to fix a game within a few hours then why not all games! Very frustrating.

diji
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by diji on Jan 23, 11 7:10 PM
I can't get past the part once I have the seeds! If I talk to the Counts guy then it just stops working; and if I try to bypass him and go to the Head of the lecture guy I don't have anything to say to him. I don't know how the others were able to keep going without that part! HELP!

[Post New]by Nancy_344 on Jan 23, 11 7:55 PM
I, also, have had to restart the game. I did notice you have to follow things exactly to get other things to happen. One person mentioned the torch on the gondolier. I had to click and click and click and found, near the bottom of the torch, it finally lit. Now I'm on the island of Bimini and cannot get the "panel" to work right to move the thing to make the "lift" work. I have followed the walkthrough and it states: "it can get stuck". Well, it's stuck and there is NO making it work. Okay tech guys. Let's get this game fixed. I've already put in many hours and will NOT start over.

2thick4u
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by 2thick4u on Jan 24, 11 6:28 AM
I am a little frustrated to say the least. I hear how great the game is but am unable to get the game to play. Even though I have the icon on my computer it never gets past the validating stage.

Yup I am getting a little tired of this lately I have had a lot of problems getting games to download and play so a little frustrated here.

[Post New]by Mmonteleone on Jan 24, 11 6:15 PM
Silentone1 wrote:I am stuck in the conversation with the Gondalier in the meeting hall. He says he has something to give me. But the characters continue to look around. No dialogue and I can not leave the scene.

Me too. What now? Has anyone had any help getting through this? I really like this game. I would like to know when the glitches are fixed.

Margaret

[Post New]by snoozanwillow on Jan 25, 11 2:27 AM
I am so annoyed as this is the second game from the series and has same issues with glitching. I have gone to the last say hour of play after playing for 5 hours and really enjoying it but now having glitches..Need to go back to a save point and hope I can get past the glitch some times it has worke and other times not....totally annoyed as I enjoy these games with a stroy line but this is like watching a movie and not being able to see the end...so frustrated.............BFG I have been a customer since 2007 and you are still pumping out game that are obviously not ready..........UNHAPPY. I have asked for my credit back.

Also someone in this thread said they are even as they love the anniversary fishy.......lol I never got one.............WHERE'S MY FISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited on 01/25/2011 at 2:32:33 AM PST

[Post New]by ljc51215 on Jan 25, 11 1:20 PM
[quote=pbashby]gosh ... sounds like a really "buggy" game ... so many folks with the same issues. I'm stuck in Venice, Sylvie just will NOT run away - though I'm ready to. Perhaps BFG could give us poor frustrated gamers a credit for another game ..... this one is TOO buggy for words.[/quote]

I am also STUCK. Sylvie won't run away after fixing the tree, talking to the Count etc. He says someone followed her and for her to run and go to Cairo. I tried getting back on the gondola, but she says she still has work to do here (Venice). I have tried everything and I have looked at the walkthrough and have done it all, but still I can't pass this section....Any suggestions, aside from restarting and reinstalling the whole game!!!! It makes me upset that I paid for this to work correctly and there is a glitch in it....Obviously mine is one of MANY glitches this games has.....HELP!

Go to: