SnowMeow
Stingray
Stingray
5,934 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Treasure Seekers: The Time Has Come Collector's Edition

[Post New]by SnowMeow on Jan 20, 11 12:10 PM
Package...you said it alot better than I did .
SnowMeow (Calif.)

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Treasure Seekers: The Time Has Come Collector's Edition

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Jan 20, 11 12:42 PM
I like this game and don't find a thing wrong with it as in other players..but I don't agree with most of them anyway. Everyone has their own opinion and that's the way it should be.. I am one of the ones who likes the Treasure Seeker games..

seahorsequeen
Guppy
Guppy
143 Posts

[Post New]by seahorsequeen on Jan 20, 11 12:57 PM
Nilosh wrote:I enjoyed the first two Treasure Seeker games and was looking forward to the sequel. However I have to say that I am dissapointed that BFG has put it out as a CE when the first two were not. I realise that with the current economic trend going on, marketing strategies are changing however I think that with this particular game, BFG is way off the mark as to pricing this as a CE. If BFG has decided to change their pricing policy, we as members should be informed. I would like to however bring this to their attention, 6 months ago I was buying at regular price frequently and able to fill out 4-5 punch-cards. Now with the increase of CEs, and the low quality of games recently marked at the normal club price, I barely am able to fill out two punch-cards. I purchase two CEs that come out that month and now am more selective when buying normal games mainly because many of them have been released with numerous glitches. It is safe to say that superior games will now be priced as CE which seems to be the new pricing trend .
You're missing a game there are three Treasure Seekers games wonder which one you are missing? Agree with what you are saying I don't fill out one card most months anymore,very few games seem to grab me !! and I don't think the CE's are worth the extra,have to watch the pennies now.Happy gaming.

samfish
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by samfish on Jan 20, 11 1:13 PM
Hi, I'm samefish, I bought Treasure seekers, the time has come, and there is an problem, at the bowl,unable to run it,and I can's go on in the game. hope there is a fix soon!!! I just hate this. I will check back, I got this game at 7:30am and it's 1:10 now and still no fix? Samfish******

barbee44
Clownfish
Clownfish
667 Posts

[Post New]by barbee44 on Jan 20, 11 1:16 PM
Strixi wrote:Lots of fishies talking about CEs.

I'll buy CEs of the Mystery Case Files, and I bought one of the CEs for the PuppetShow series, but other than that, I just wait, which is what I'm going to do with this one.

I haven't been a member for a whole year yet, so I watch for DDs and Catch of the Week, or I go back and replay games I bought last spring and give myself challenges with them (no misclicks, no hints, no skipping puzzles or mini-games). I guess it's tougher on fishies who have been members for a few years and already own a lot of te games, though.

I agree and do wait... but often by the time it comes out, I've forgotten how much I wanted it... you don't get the in game guide.... and if you need help the people who could help you can no longer remember how they did something in a game they played 4 weeks ago.

I am saying that it would be nice if more fishies put pressure on BFG to allow us to use credits to buy them.

[Post New]by buddymolly1264 on Jan 20, 11 2:52 PM
Love the game too. However, I am at the Temple and cannot zoom in on the bowl to get the water. Help!

MzNancy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by MzNancy on Jan 20, 11 3:55 PM
I am also stuck in the temple with no water, I too have already purchased the game and I'm disappointed I can't play it due to this glich, when is the fix coming out?? Or should I go ahead and ask for a refund?

[Post New]by Chime90 on Jan 20, 11 4:22 PM
This is the first time I have played Treasure seekers but am having a hard time when it comes to the temple. I have collected the chalais and the pyramids but cannot figure out how to quench the flames in the temple. I was doing fine up til then. I thought I was great with these games but I'm stumped.

[Post New]by heatherington on Jan 20, 11 4:29 PM
Treasure Seekers are good, but they are not that good. I'll wait till it comes out $6.99. Whats with all the CE games? New way to get more money I guess.

Welcome to the forums Chime90!

Edited on 01/20/2011 at 4:30:02 PM PST

jca22
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by jca22 on Jan 20, 11 4:30 PM
THIS is where I am stuck too. I have tried everything, hints recharging ten times, stopping the game, starting it again, and there is no bowl of water anywhere, and thanks for the very poorly written guide. Use the bowl. Really? WHAT BOWL? Then it sometimes says, go to another time? WHAT? And find another bowl?
HELP HELP HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kelvarda wrote:Could I just ask if any of you that have posted a review got past the area in the 'smoky temple' (chapter 2 - Jerusalem) where a lot of us seem to have hit a little 'glitch' in that we cannot move on from here, as we cannot access the water!

C'mon all - spill the beans - how did you do it?

Thanks - Kel

lvfao
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
499 Posts

[Post New]by lvfao on Jan 20, 11 5:03 PM
steelerlady1 wrote:nail on the head! yessireebob! is it me or do we have a little crankiness on our site today?not on this thread , of course! anyway, how bout those STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looking for the win on Saturday...on to the Superbowl!

At beginning of season Peter King picked the packers and Pittsburgh for the game....looks like it could happen! And nobody can beat the Steelers when they are on!
Here we go!

Steeler fan since 69....

lvfao
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
499 Posts

[Post New]by lvfao on Jan 20, 11 5:04 PM
buddymolly1264 wrote:Love the game too. However, I am at the Temple and cannot zoom in on the bowl to get the water. Help!

spoiler:
dunno if it's the same temple, but for plaster mold i found the water dripping from the ceiling, used the water jug on it...

Edited on 01/20/2011 at 5:05:35 PM PST

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Jan 20, 11 5:11 PM
Love this game. Purchased the last one and really liked it as well. I like having to find parts and pieces to complete a game. Good graphics. Very different crossing from one time to another. Definite purchase for me.

SPOILER ALERT:
Switch between time when in a room or area. Find something to put the water in. Won't completely spoil it by telling you what you are looking for. Have fun.

lvfao
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
499 Posts

[Post New]by lvfao on Jan 20, 11 5:12 PM
barbee44 wrote:
SeaMoon wrote:I'm tired of the CE's..it seems that every good game comes out first as a CE and a month or so later the regular edition...I won't download or try the CE games I'll just wait for the regular edition to come out or get it elsewhere. Sorry, just my two cents worth.

That's exactly how I feel, SeaMoon. Thanks for expressing it so nicely.

PROBLEM: Fact is, I joined because my budget allowed for 6.99. I have purchased over 200 games since I first joined back in 2000 or 2001... it wasn't even a club when I bought my first few games. I'm retired and since there are no longer any Social Security raises... I can't afford the increase. It drives me absolutely mad to see these great games and have to pass them up until they come out a month later.
(I just had surgery, my Medicare co pay was $425 and now hubby needs surgery and his co pay is $425... the medical situation is getting worse too. I realize things are tough for businesses but they just pass it off on us by raising prices. It's the little guy that the economy busts all fall back on. Gas here in NY is 3,27 a gall.

SOLUTION: I suggested to BFG that they allow us to use two game credits to purchase them but as yet... nothing. I don't even bother trying to fill up my punch card because I don't even want a free credit. What will I do with it? The best games are 13.99.

It's all well and good that those of you who can afford them don't mind and even mentally criticize our griping, but if you put yourself in our shoes, you'd see how frustrating it is.

SUMMARY: I always felt that BFG was a company that really cared and tried it's best to please it's members, but lately that seems to not be the case. They've heard our cries but have done nothing. They are scooping up the money as fast as they can and are putting off letting us buy the CE's for two credits. Don't they realize we'd buy more games if we could just to get the two credits to buy the CE's.

And I would never say the CE isn't worth the money, just that some of us can't afford them.

I totally agree barbee...times they are achanging and if companies want our hard earned $ they need to realize the boomers are getting hit from both ends, frozen wages and increased medical, a lot of companies are dropping dental and optical.
time to be more selective about spending...

Itsupikachu
Flounder
Flounder
2,158 Posts

[Post New]by Itsupikachu on Jan 20, 11 5:52 PM
I played the trial and I really enjoyed it. I have all of the previous Treasure Seekers games and love them all. This one is every bit as good as the previous ones, I thought. It wasn't too difficult for me which means a lot. To me it's no longer a game when it becomes too hard and frustrating. I did need to use some hints but I was never so stuck that I couldn't progress. The graphics I found to be quite good and the hints recharge at a fast enough rate. I would certainly recommend trying the demo. It's a great game!

Astina
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by Astina on Jan 20, 11 8:53 PM
Then there are the ones like me that are trapped between I can't afford medical insurance on my own but not old enough for medicare. So we are really watching are pennies but there are no places for cheap games and BFG is the cheapest I've been able to find. I still find their customer service top notch every time I've written them they couldn't be nicer. SE for Me

barbee44 wrote:
SeaMoon wrote:I'm tired of the CE's..it seems that every good game comes out first as a CE and a month or so later the regular edition...I won't download or try the CE games I'll just wait for the regular edition to come out or get it elsewhere. Sorry, just my two cents worth.

That's exactly how I feel, SeaMoon. Thanks for expressing it so nicely.
PROBLEM: Fact is, I joined because my budget allowed for 6.99. I have purchased over 200 games since I first joined back in 2000 or 2001... it wasn't even a club when I bought my first few games. I'm retired and since there are no longer any Social Security raises... I can't afford the increase. It drives me absolutely mad to see these great games and have to pass them up until they come out a month later.
(I just had surgery, my Medicare co pay was $425 and now hubby needs surgery and his co pay is $425... the medical situation is getting worse too. I realize things are tough for businesses but they just pass it off on us by raising prices. It's the little guy that the economy busts all fall back on. Gas here in NY is 3,27 a gall.

SOLUTION: I suggested to BFG that they allow us to use two game credits to purchase them but as yet... nothing. I don't even bother trying to fill up my punch card because I don't even want a free credit. What will I do with it? The best games are 13.99.

It's all well and good that those of you who can afford them don't mind and even mentally criticize our griping, but if you put yourself in our shoes, you'd see how frustrating it is.

SUMMARY: I always felt that BFG was a company that really cared and tried it's best to please it's members, but lately that seems to not be the case. They've heard our cries but have done nothing. They are scooping up the money as fast as they can and are putting off letting us buy the CE's for two credits. Don't they realize we'd buy more games if we could just to get the two credits to buy the CE's.

And I would never say the CE isn't worth the money, just that some of us can't afford them.

VolleymomDee
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by VolleymomDee on Jan 21, 11 2:39 AM
I thought this game was a step above the others in the series, but the introduction and slow loading were a bit annoying. I enjoyed the combination of HOG, IHOG, and FROG. I loved that doors and drawers had to be opened and closed, and after I updated to the version without the glitch, I found this to be an enjoyable game. I do, however, agree that the CE price seems exorbitant (although I was so desperate for a decent game to play I purchased it)... Please note I was impressed with the speed with which the update was available.

sunidayz
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by sunidayz on Jan 21, 11 3:41 AM
I didn't find any glitches and enjoyed this game. It wasn't too difficult for me and the hints were helpful.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jan 21, 11 4:50 AM
Nilosh wrote:I enjoyed the first two Treasure Seeker games and was looking forward to the sequel. However I have to say that I am dissapointed that BFG has put it out as a CE when the first two were not.

This is the fourth "Treasure Seekers" game. The 3rd one was called "Follow the Ghosts", which was my least favourite game of the three. I really hated those sunbeams that intruded in almost every scene so it was hard for me to see properly and find items.

I didn´t much care for this 4th game. It was better than the 3rd one, but I don´t like the fact that when I am looking for items, the cursor changes automatically when I have found an item. So all I have to do is move about and when the cursor changes, I know I have found one of the items. Makes me not even want to actually look for them.

All in all a nice enough game, but after playing really interesting games like Phantasmat, Queen of Spades and 13th Skull, etc, this game just doesn´t do it for me anymore.

Jolly6
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by Jolly6 on Jan 21, 11 7:33 AM
I love this series and from what I'm reading on the forum, this one won't disappoint. But, is a Collector's Edition really worth the extra $? I never feel like I'm missing much when I wait and buy the standard game. Am I wrong? Advice, please!

Go to: