lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for The Secret Legacy: A Kate Brooks Adventure

[Post New]by lovely62 on Jan 23, 11 11:22 AM
well after 30 minutes of the game, I am going to buy this game, I love everything about this game, Graphic's are off the chain, there is nothing boring about this game, I am going to take my time and i know i will have a few hours of fun, Keep up the good work BF...I give this game 5 stars and thumbs up..

Calky
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

[Post New]by Calky on Jan 23, 11 11:38 AM
This game has glitches. Will not let you pick up items. I had problems with a baseball bat. My husband tried it on his computer and he had problems with glasses. Don't they try these before making them available??

SMQMC
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by SMQMC on Jan 23, 11 11:46 AM
I was fortunate enough to Beta Test this one in mid-October. I played as far as I could before it was ended for me, but I was SO sad because I wanted it to go on and on and on!! What a great game as far as I could tell from the limited amount of game time available to test it. It's a definite "buy" for me because I want to continue playing! 5 stars in my book!

MySadie
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by MySadie on Jan 23, 11 12:12 PM
I was so disappointed in this game. I thought I would really enjoy it, but I found the same problem as others here. I have a widescreen laptop HP with a 15-1/2" x 7-1/2" (15-1/2" if measured diagonally like they do with TV screens, 13-1/2 if measured straight across). I can't change my resolution to the 1680 x 1050 mentioned by sinshack. The highest I can get is 1366 x 768. I haven't had this problem before. My concern now is that game developers are going to cater more to people who have computers capable of higher resolution. I've never had any problem until now! Even if I've had the black bars at the side, the game has been visible and playable! It is also almost impossible to see items and very impossible to click on some of them! I clicked all over that darned baseball bat and never did get it, even after using a hint. Come on BFG - Please make your games playable by as many of your loyal fans as possible!

christaruth
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

[Post New]by christaruth on Jan 23, 11 12:18 PM
I HAVE XP AND I9 DIDN'T HAVE ANY TROUBLE FINDING ANYTHING. IT IS A GOOD GAME AND I HAVE JUST FINISHED IT. I ENJOYED IT VERY MUCH.

kymbeee
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by kymbeee on Jan 23, 11 12:28 PM
I like that you have both word lists and silhouette lists to work from. Unfortunately, I find everything just a tad small for me. I like the scenes where it is a close up (i.e. the ones with the Egyptian tablets to be found) but those are too few for my liking.

Some of the items are hard to click on, you have to click two or three times in different areas of the item for it to work. That's a pain, you start second guessing yourself (Is that a wrench? No, maybe it's not a wrench... but it looks like a wrench!)

I like the story line, played the full 60 minutes of the demo, but it wasn't enough to convince me to buy. I'll wait for this to come up as a daily deal eventually. I do give it though.

SnowMeow
Stingray
Stingray
5,934 Posts

[Post New]by SnowMeow on Jan 23, 11 12:28 PM
I really like this game. I bought it and I'm very pleased!!! I like how the game draws me into the atmosphere. It's a lovely game with great graphics. Thanks for all of the great reviews. Have some fun with this one.
SnowMeow (Calif.)

smilestogo
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by smilestogo on Jan 23, 11 1:58 PM
I just finished the game, what a blast! I've been waiting for another good one and this is it. I had absolutely no problems-picking up objects or not able to see objects on the side. I have a large screen and the graphics were very good. On the down side- the game was a little short- just under 3 hrs. I did buy this one for 2 reasons- the large file and the graphics were beautiful. It's the first time I've purchased a 3D game and I loved it!

roxiestar74
Minnow
Minnow
290 Posts

[Post New]by roxiestar74 on Jan 23, 11 3:45 PM
I am not sure if I will be purchasing this game yet. So far it seems more like a straight HOG with some light interaction instead of an IHOG, and I prefer the latter, but I have only played about 10 minutes of the demo so that is subject to change. More than anything, I am just grateful that the game works, or at least it has for me so far. I have had trouble with 4 TGT's this week (Nightmare On The Pacific, Eternal Night, Stroke of Minute and Spirit Seasons, these games wouldn't start or they wouldn't play right, I know that I am not alone in my frustrations since I have seen other tech complaints that were similar to mine on some of these games' forums) so more than anything I am just glad that a TGT has been released this week that works for me (The new Treasure Seekers worked fine for me too, but that is a CE, and I have had problems with non-CE games this week, which makes me wonder about the quality testing they are doing for CE games vs. non-CE games, but I digress).

Anyways, The Secret Legacy looks like a nice game. The story seems like it will be interesting, but if it is too much of a straight HOG than it won't be for me. I know there are other people here that enjoy straight HOGs, so they might like this game. But like I said, I will finish the demo before I decide if it's a buy or not.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Jan 23, 11 6:38 PM
Well, I liked this one. Nice graphics, HOGs not hard to find, but not easy either. Didn't care for the "fog" FX, just sort of muddled things up. Got to chapter 3 before the hour was up and only has 5 chapters. Was very different than what we have been getting for months now. I got into it, so will go ahead and purchase anyway, even though I will probably finish in the next hour. Happy gaming! Back to work tomorrow..need to make more money to buy more games.

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Jan 23, 11 7:18 PM
well, i got pretty far with a heavy leaning on the hint button for those oh-so-tiny last items that just evaded me... unfortunately, since i'm a long-term headache sufferer, that's a huge minus in my book!

for the pluses, i'd have to start with ambiance and the pan-and-scan scenes... the active area in each scene then becomes much larger and it makes for sneaky hides between layers than only can be seen from certain angles... it's truly cool! and the music is right there with it, never intrusive but instead rather enjoyable, something i rarely say about games nowadays...

in all, i think it would be a great game, just not for me and my head!

ryanjohn
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by ryanjohn on Jan 23, 11 10:25 PM
I have Windows XP and I have no glitches in the game. I enjoy it, but very HOG and too little IHOG for me. I just might buy it though as I kept playing right to the end and then was upset the demo was over. Clear sign I should buy it.

silverfiesta
Guppy
Guppy
155 Posts

[Post New]by silverfiesta on Jan 23, 11 10:26 PM
I am wondering if I am playing the same game - did anyone else notice that when an object is hidden behind another object and revealed it is not a complete object - only the part seen is drawn the rest is missing, and I am not talking about finding pieces to complete an object - it is just weird - like the developers didn't finish the developing but ran out of time or something

Also, some objects have such a tiny spot that responds to your click that I was clicking all over trying to get it selected - very frustrating

Not a buy for me - I am beginning to wonder if I will find another game this month to finish my punch card - bummer

trtb
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by trtb on Jan 24, 11 12:09 AM
I was and still am frustrated in the very first 15 minutes of the game... glitch can't click on the baseball bat fot the shadow hidden object. I tried redown loading the game...that didn't help.......so I bought the game ... still can't get it to recognize I am clicking on the bat. Can't move forward without finishing this hidden object... so stuck.......grrrrrrr.

CplDave
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by CplDave on Jan 24, 11 4:58 AM
I played the entire hour demo and then deleted this. I so much wanted to like this game and gave it every chance. Beautiful graphics, decent story (by hog standards), but the gameplay is - in a word - annoying. I had no issue with clicking on things, that worked flawlessly for me. It's just that every scene is a double dose of hidden objects with little or no connection to the story. You have to find these things just because it tells you to and many of them are TINY. When I got to the manor I kept wanting to explore and move the story along but oops! there's another list of crazy things to find for no reason. By the way, from the condition of the living room granny must have been a total slob, and why is there a pipe and man's hat there? She must have a secret life and THAT is a much more interesting story lol. The silhouette objects were especially difficult to identify ... I'm not sure I could have spotted them if I was physically standing in the actual room.

There were some opportunities for mini-games that were totally missed that would have made it a bit more interesting and give you a break from the hidden objects, such as when you have to find the pieces of the Pharoah's mask. It puts it all together for you... if that's not a puzzle then what's the point of finding it piece by piece? A no-buy for me.

kalalika
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
465 Posts

[Post New]by kalalika on Jan 24, 11 8:28 AM
My favorite game of all time is Syberia by Benoit Sokol - so I'm definitely interested in checking out this game. Haven't downloaded yet, but hopefully everything will run fine on my computer. If there are any fishies out there who haven't tried the Syberia series of games, do so as soon as possible - wonderful games!!

Dianneamyte
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Dianneamyte on Jan 24, 11 8:48 AM
This is a no buy for me. The items are so small as to be almost impossible to find. The graphics are not clear at all. This is also just too much HOG for me. There seems to be almost no interaction. I prefer more adventure. So, not for me.

dashwood95
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by dashwood95 on Jan 24, 11 8:50 AM
Played ten minutes. Felt some objects were too obscure in the pictures, and overall felt the screens were too small and therefore hard on the eyes. Doesn't matter if it's a good story or not, I can't be bothered to find out if I'm going to get a headache from squinting.

GrandWeeze
Guppy
Guppy
107 Posts

[Post New]by GrandWeeze on Jan 24, 11 8:52 AM
momshere wrote:Uninstalled after 10 minutes due to two words - PIXEL HUNTING

I could SEE the objects, I could click on them but couldn't "pick them up". When I spent nearly half the 10 minutes attempting to pick up first the telephone, then the baseball bat (after I finally got the telephone and was able to move on), I just said forget it. I don't want to have to FIND. JUST. THE. RIGHT. PIXEL. to be able to pick up an object I have found. Like trying to pick hair off a sweater. *shudder*

I didn't know what you were talking about until I demo-ed the game today. This didn't happen for all objects, but there was one in each H0 scene that was totally frustrating. Then I thought I had guessed the secret as clicking slightly below the object, but that didn't work all the time either. The oddest/funniest/most horrifying thing to happen was when trying desperately to pick up a key, the entire scene separated (!!) and I could see my desktop underneath! No, no, no to this game!

[Post New]by satexasgirl on Jan 24, 11 9:42 AM
Had family in town all weekend so I just now finished the demo. Overall it's a very lovely game in all respects except one. Several other fishies have mentioned it. At least one object in every H0 scene was difficult to pick up. It was glasses in one of the first, a key in another, & a hex or allan wrench in another. I was still in Grandma's house when the demo ended & I had not used the walkthrough. I'm on the fence about this one, more because of budget than anything else though. Have a great day/evening y'all.

Go to: