Lord_Lollipop
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Island Tribe

[Post New]by Lord_Lollipop on Jan 30, 11 5:39 AM
I like TM games but this one doesn't do much for me. Nothing new, novel, or interesting.

carolwst
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by carolwst on Jan 31, 11 10:17 AM
Not so easy, starting level 24. Clearly I need to improve my strategy but only able to get silver on many at and after that. Have played completely through once and instead of being able to go back and work on achieving golds that I missed, I had to start completely over. That wasn't welcome. Also some little glitch that only shows 0's for completed time on previous levels after I have left and returned to the game.

tee2072
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by tee2072 on Jan 31, 11 11:29 AM
I really enjoyed the game but it was much much too short. I think the entire game took me maybe 3 hours.

Also, the credits crashed, which was odd. I had to force the game to quit.

efi24
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,228 Posts

[Post New]by efi24 on Jan 31, 11 1:39 PM
I must say that I really love this game and find playing it very enjoyable. Already purchased it and trying to win my gold cups on some of the last levels.
The only real thing that buggs me is, much like others here, that it is way too short and ends too fast. Maybe the creators didn't want to take a chance. Hope they will on a sequal 'cause it's a really fun game! Thanx

Nessikk
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Nessikk on Feb 1, 11 1:16 AM
Yeeeey! The updated version of the game is available!
Great job, devs

jewel64
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by jewel64 on Feb 2, 11 8:31 AM
Bought the game now wish I hadnt on the later levels it is virtually impossible to obtain gold on the timer and it becomes really irriatating when the buildings keep catching fire or need repairing. I like to enjoy strategy games but this one is just annoying. Not a good buy!!

[Post New]by crashandboom on Feb 3, 11 6:32 PM
Bought this game without question, but I was also feeling the need to treat myself that night.

Biggest complaint: too short, though I haven't gone back to try and get expert on all levels. That said, will probably be a while before I return for that purpose.

Biggest Hooray: being able to click ahead and chain actions, which adds a lot to the strategy of play.

Not sure I get why to go after jewels unless they really do "recharge" re-appearance of resources more quickly. Suspicious that they are just there to throw us off balance! They are so....pretty, I just want them...but

Great game, very satisfying to clear the fog. Will return and get gold on all levels one of these days. Thanks BFG!

angel2shine
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by angel2shine on Feb 6, 11 10:05 PM
I have windows 7, and much trouble with newer games but not this one, what a delight!, The volcano looks like it could be a major problem in later levels, but I love stratagy! Gonna purchase with my credit! I think a cross between Roads of Rome and MKFTP.

[Post New]by redhawke on Apr 23, 11 10:22 AM
I have really enjoyed the game so far! I like the fact that the goals are acheivable if you keep moving at a good pace, some games are designed to run out of time no matter how fast you play. Seeing 'Out of time' over and over again is just not an enjoyable way for me to spend my time. If you save one last task, then work quickly you can use extra time to rake up a lot of supplies and points and finish the level at the last moments.;
It works well if you use strategy when deciding on buildings, giving highest priority on essentials and items that certain building need for ongoing supplies.

Nessikk
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Nessikk on May 20, 11 2:21 AM
I've heard Island Tribe 2 is coming soon — I even saw the site takeover on the developer's portal. Looking forward to getting it on BigFish asap!!!
Can't wait!!

Tikatoy
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by Tikatoy on Jun 16, 11 6:51 AM
This game is like MKftP and Roads of Rome. Its unique aspect is that some of the production buildings require resources from other buildings to keep making resources, e.g. the apiary needs water from the well to make honey.

This adds a layer of strategy that in the later levels requires you to plan your order of actions in order to get gold for the level. This makes it more fun than MKftP, but because you sometimes require resources in a specific order, and you don't necessarily know at the start of the level what that order is, you're almost certainly required to replay it to get gold. (You can finish levels pretty easily on the first try if you don't care about gold times)

With Roads of Rome, you could get gold scores on levels as long as you had a sound strategy and you didn't need specific knowledge, so that had some challenge, but was still very zen, so I liked that one more than Island Tribe, although I still found it fun.

lindiana
Guppy
Guppy
144 Posts

[Post New]by lindiana on Jun 30, 11 3:58 PM
This was an enjoyable game but with only 30 levels I finished it in one afternoon. I prefer my games a bit longer.

Lolaliloo
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by Lolaliloo on Oct 7, 11 4:44 PM
I played the Demo,
I usually like those type of games.
I like the graphics and i really wanted to like this game, but i found it boring, i played the demo all the way thru, to see if it picked up..but i did not..oh well!!!
better luck next time

[Post New]by PotionLover on Apr 2, 12 8:51 PM
Like this game a lot -- tried it after it was recommended to those who enjoyed My Kingdom for the Princess, which is one of my all-time faves. This is very similar, with equally challenging resource collection, terrific scenery and graphics, and similar gameplay. There are some interesting ways it differs from MKftP, but the same basic idea is there: that you actually have to plan, and strategize, and use your resources wisely, not just click click click (I frankly hate those click click click games, a reason I gave up on the later versions of Diner Dash. A little brain engagement is a good thing.)

The game has a very "real" feel to it; you actually talk with an interact with the other characters, unlike MKftP, where you just move them around -- it actually makes you feel that you are part of the little island village, and I found myself getting weirdly attached to the other characters, the farm animals, and the rest because it is just that vivid. I also found the "fog-clearing" aspect a novel and interesting twist. An excellent game for nights when I feel like getting my brain revved up a little.

[Post New]by siouxwoman on Dec 12, 12 9:00 AM
Really nice game. However, the game isn't recording my "gold" levels. No matter how quickly I complete all the required tasks, I still get "silver". I only play this type of game to challenge myself to get gold on every level. I'm a bit miffed about it.

[Post New]by residentialguy on Sep 14, 14 3:00 AM
I purchased this game on my mac and on Level 15 there is no pickaxe. You can't move forward and after seeing update from BF and doing what they say to check for updates in BF game console it reads "No Updates" Im very frustrated with this game and am waiting for them to fix it or I want money back.

kirtl
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by kirtl on Sep 27, 14 6:07 AM
I contacted ****, the game creators. They told me they would not be fixing this game. Apparently, they create games with issues and then abandon them. I suggest avoiding **** games. The censoring of the game maker's name is by Big Fish. Not me.

This experience has not made me want to use Big Fish any more.

kirtl
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by kirtl on Sep 28, 14 10:16 AM
After contacting Big Fish, I was told that the fix for the Level 15 pick axe issue is resolved and that I should uninstall and reinstall the game. After doing that, the problem is solved. Despite being told the game would not be fixed, it now is. Thank you Big Fish.

The game is not enjoyable. The process was annoying but the game is fixed.

sandicats5
Clownfish
Clownfish
573 Posts

[Post New]by sandicats5 on Oct 3, 14 1:18 PM
used a coupon on it glad I did it was a fun game, just too short.

Go to: