silentpages
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Jack of All Tribes

[Post New]by silentpages on Jan 27, 11 6:29 PM
I bought & enjoy this game. I just wish you could TURN OFF THE TUTORIAL!!!! I am half way through my 2nd game (with a new name so it's fresh) & the tutorial was irksome.

off topic....why do some fishies feel the need to use novelas to rate a game?

LuckyKate
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by LuckyKate on Jan 27, 11 11:23 PM
I bought this game too. Great graphics and music. I recommend.

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Jan 28, 11 1:07 AM
kdubs wrote:Maybe there are other similar games where the little people talk and make sounds like these guys do when they eat or sleep. If there are, please tell me which ones!

try: little folk of faerie and settlement: colossus

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Jan 28, 11 1:20 AM
silentpages wrote:off topic....why do some fishies feel the need to use novelas to rate a game?

to enlighten others as to different aspects of the game that they either liked or disliked... to warn others about certain things that might be 'bad' [ie: spiders or flashing lights]... to applaud something innovative about a game... to give the reader the idea that this person has a clue about the way the game is played and might be someone to follow-up with later if they get stuck... to not only quantify a response, but to qualify it...

let's say you live in townsville and someone you casually know recently took a trip to anycity and says: oh, you've got to go! it was great! wouldn't you like to know why, what he did, where he went, check to see if you could call him while you were there if you forgot the name of that really super restaurant he told you to check out???

some of the fishies in the pond [like me ] like to check the forums for information on a game before they decide to check it out, download or buy, and the more information that is available - the better informed a decision they can make...

happy gaming

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Jan 28, 11 1:29 AM
cyndihugs wrote: but this one had a cave ya had to explore [think it might of had an animal in it?],

there was a pile of rock that had to be cleared on the far left as well - if it's the same level i'm thinking of... i cleared the rock leading to the cave on the right, built the huts, and explored the cave but the level didn't end...then i saw that i still had that chunk of rock to deal with - D'oh! - and was able to finish it out...

good luck

cyndihugs
Salmon
Salmon
2,926 Posts

[Post New]by cyndihugs on Jan 28, 11 11:26 AM
ember89 wrote:
cyndihugs wrote: but this one had a cave ya had to explore [think it might of had an animal in it?],

there was a pile of rock that had to be cleared on the far left as well - if it's the same level i'm thinking of... i cleared the rock leading to the cave on the right, built the huts, and explored the cave but the level didn't end...then i saw that i still had that chunk of rock to deal with - D'oh! - and was able to finish it out...
good luck

That's the one ember! The Chief wants the rock piles cleared from his hut and after that, we had to clear the way to the cave and it was an Egg that was in the cave, not an animal. lol I did everything I was suppose to do but that level didn't finish or I ran out of time. I went to Dev.s site and downloaded it and it had saved my place. I did have to redo that level and this time I finished it and was able to move on. I went to Gamezebo where they have a walkthru of the game and from there found out I could D/L it from Dev.s site. I played past where we had to build a bridge and there *possible spoiler alert!* was a pirate ship which was another H0 game (did ya'll know that on the plane and ship there are several gold coins you can pick up to get more money? They're all over the place! it was either after that or the next level, which once again I wasn't paying attention to what level I was on..but had finished it and the game got stuck on me again! I need to look at the walkthru to see where I was at...I really enjoyed playing it and hope it isn't as short as Island Tribe. Thanks ember...not sure what a ''novelas'' is silentpages, are you talking about where some ppl give a game a rating? (like 4 out of 5)? To be sure ya don't mean leaving a comment that becomes rather long? lol never mind, even though I'm not sure what ya mean, it doesn't bother me and no am not trying to be rude Also thanks Rhinoceros [sorry for not spelling it the way you do] for your help, those I knew since there were in the tutorails...for the most part...lol...'cept if I wanted to cancel something out, I got "the hand"...didn't hear 'em say 'kick out' or didn't pay attention to it. lol As far as some talking about the game getting dark [as in night time], no big deal, you can still see everything, just like some of the other games on here that got dark, IMO it didn't get as dark as that 'Shaman' game. Thanks again for the help!

cyndihugs
Salmon
Salmon
2,926 Posts

[Post New]by cyndihugs on Jan 28, 11 11:42 AM
Just something I'd like to know and it'd have to be from those that have this game and the "Island Tribe" game.....which one did you think was longer? I can play Island Tribe back to back almost in under 6 hours.....give or take a few minutes. lol although what I've played so far, I much prefer this game...if I can play it without it acting up on me anymore that is. lol

Thanks to those that can answer this question [of course I know ppl play games at different rates?] hmm is that the word I want to use?

Have a good one all~

[Post New]by MeauxJeaux on Jan 28, 11 3:24 PM
ember89 wrote:
silentpages wrote:off topic....why do some fishies feel the need to use novelas to rate a game?

to enlighten others as to different aspects of the game that they either liked or disliked... to warn others about certain things that might be 'bad' [ie: spiders or flashing lights]... to applaud something innovative about a game... to give the reader the idea that this person has a clue about the way the game is played and might be someone to follow-up with later if they get stuck... to not only quantify a response, but to qualify it...

let's say you live in townsville and someone you casually know recently took a trip to anycity and says: oh, you've got to go! it was great! wouldn't you like to know why, what he did, where he went, check to see if you could call him while you were there if you forgot the name of that really super restaurant he told you to check out???

some of the fishies in the pond [like me ] like to check the forums for information on a game before they decide to check it out, download or buy, and the more information that is available - the better informed a decision they can make...

happy gaming

I love the people that post in detail about the game! When I find a game that looks like it might be something I like, I read the whole forum to see what has been said, both good and bad. Knowing that the cursor is slow, or the graffics are fuzzy, or that there are spiders and snakes are something I really am interested in. Just a basic, "it stinks, don't bother" or "it's great" doesn't really help all that much.
Keep those reviews coming fishies, I for one appreciate the time and effort you are giving us.

MeauxJeaux

[Post New]by mitexus on Jan 28, 11 11:14 PM
I bought the game and have played half way through. So far it hasn't been that challenging so I hope it gets better. I find the continious conversation bubbles/tutorals annoying during game play. I wish you could just look down and see what you need to accomplish without the pauses in play. I am in hopes this doesn't continue thru out the game. The mini little hidden objects games are fun.

Dialogue
Minnow
Minnow
202 Posts

[Post New]by Dialogue on Jan 29, 11 5:29 PM
I enjoy all the reviews and most of the comments about the games. After seeing all the different opinions about a game I'm interested in I try it for myself. I don't remember ever not buying a game because of what was said in the forum but I have certainly tried a lot of games I would not have had I not read the forum comments.

As for Jack of All Tribes in particular, I really like this game. I'm not much of a time management game player because I hate timed games but since I can continue doing whatever I was doing when the timer ran out I just ignore it altogether and play the game. I think the banter in the game makes it a little lighter than some games so I don't mind that either.

When I was younger I was like some of the players who are always in a hurry and just want to win the game as quickly or with the highest score as possible. Now that I'm older just playing the games are the real joy for me. I hope that most of the fishies out there are playing for the enjoyment and not so much to beat the game at all cost.

kitbit
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by kitbit on Jan 29, 11 5:50 PM
I'm enjoying JoAT very much BUT... could we please please please have an option to disable all the conversation??? It's fine on the first run through when you're learning how to do things but after that it's just plain annoying.

These are the games I joined BF for: MKftP, Royal Envoy, Roads of Rome and Aerie - they are all TM/strategy games WITHOUT getting into the very hectic play of the Youda games - bought one of those and abandoned it halfway through. I've got gold on every level of all these games but I like to change my name and start all over again - that won't be happening on JoAT unless I can get the conversation pop-ups disabled. They are linked somehow to specific actions: I'm trying to pick berries off a bush - cos there are three bushes after all - and yet the game won't let me unless I click on what Rainbow wants me to click on. TEDIOUS!!!!

Please Devs, let us choose whether we want tips enabled or not - Royal Envoy gives you the option to turn them off. Is my only quibble on an otherwise enjoyable game - but I wouldn't have bought it for a mere 3-5 hours of gameplay...

[Post New]by enhydra on Jan 30, 11 2:32 AM
Hello Gamers!

I'm currently stuck at Level 28. Could anybody tell me how to get the big smiley on the big house on the left? I've built and fully upgraded the watchtowers, I've done the flowerbeds, but I only get an orange smiley. Is there something to do about the statue by the house?
My anticipated thanks for your lights...

Edited on 01/30/2011 at 3:55:02 AM PST

[Post New]by Scupper on Jan 30, 11 4:06 AM
Ok, I spend a decent 4 hours finishing this game. Not sure if it was good, but it is addictive.
What concerns me was the ending...there was some menrion about an alter, but then the credits page came up. Does this mean that there is somerhing else we are meant to do? or is there a Jack Of All Tribes 2 coming out in the near future?
If not, the ending is rubbish. But in saying that, I'm bound to have another run through and try and beat my times.
Thanks guys, happy gaming.
xZx

Slavicdiva
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by Slavicdiva on Jan 30, 11 10:55 AM
What a delightful game! I bought it yesterday, and played all day. I finished with gold on all the levels.

It played very smoothly on my Dell D620 laptop running Win98. I had no issues or glitches at all!

I did have to replay some levels to get gold, but it never got so frustrating that I felt like I couldn't do it. Even with my arthritic thumbs, it didn't make my hands hurt; TM games that are too fast and frantic sometimes do (cf. Magic Sweets, which I demoed but didn't buy because it got too difficult too fast, and did make my hands hurt).

This is probably not a game for those who relish extremely difficult games - but for people like me who play games to relax, decompress after work, or just amuse themselves, it's really great!

cyndihugs
Salmon
Salmon
2,926 Posts

[Post New]by cyndihugs on Jan 30, 11 1:11 PM
Scupper wrote:Ok, I spend a decent 4 hours finishing this game. Not sure if it was good, but it is addictive.
What concerns me was the ending...there was some menrion about an alter, but then the credits page came up. Does this mean that there is somerhing else we are meant to do? or is there a Jack Of All Tribes 2 coming out in the near future?
If not, the ending is rubbish. But in saying that, I'm bound to have another run through and try and beat my times.
Thanks guys, happy gaming.
xZx

Welcome to the pond, Scupper, enhydra, kitbit, mitexus~ (& anyone else I've missed)

oooooo Just in case....*Possible Spoiler Alert!*

I was coming in here to ask the same thing as you did, Scupper....thinking about starting a thread for it, that way maybe it'll get answered sooner. After I finish fighting all the guys and then the Chief runs into the big house and becomes nice...all the other Chiefs say their 'good byes' but in between that ya have this one Chief that says, "The legend is not over yet...to return home, put the magic items on the Altar of Time" then 'click to continue'(what magic items? or am I suffering from CRS again?)....everyone continues to say good bye and then the "Well Done Chief" pops up (like it does after finishing each level), then the Credits are shown and when you click 'OK', it goes back to "Play" and if ya click on 'play', then you replay that level again...and again..if ya hit 'play' again that is. lol At first I though I had to replay it to get to the 'Altar of Time'..Jack makes it clear he's in no hurry to leave...yep, I think he wants to check out..see what's at the end of it. LOL but I reckon it's the Dev.s way of saying, "to be continued"...yeah, I wasn't to crazy about that, especially when ya click, 'Ok'..it goes back to 'play' which led me to think I was going to the, Altar of Time. well at least we know there's gonna be a part 2 to this game..or will Jack be left looking for whatever is at the end of ?

enhydra, I clicked on everything on & around the big
house...flowers/bushes/statues, little water holes...I did it on one level only to find out I still had one more big house to build! If you didn't click on the Statue by the house, that could be your problem as they do bring some happiness...put ur cursor on statue/water holes, etc, it explains what they do. Good luck

Your Comments and Reviews for Jack of All Tribes

[Post New]by footballfishfan on Jan 31, 11 4:23 PM
I liked the game and bought it (really sick of all those Hidden Object games...so not worth buying at all..) and love all the time management games like this one, but have to agree with most of the cons that have been posted here:
1. Darkness after expert time expires
2. A few hidden object minigames thrown in was nice, but should have more to extend gameplay, which is short
3. Inability to choose where to place homes and which types to put up
4. Annoying interruptions of dialogue without the ability to switch it off
5. Replay tutorial everytime
6. No ability to turn off timed mode
And most of all, the main reason why I'm posting, is because I want to know, if there is a GOLD TIME and you get expert on every level, what is the bonus to you? Why do you strive for that level of play? There's no bonus level, no sandbox level, not sure why its added unless its just to beat the developer.
If anyone could give an opinion I'd really like to hear it,
Regardless, I bought the game and do like it alot. Opposed to other sites that charge $20.00 a game, BF is decent.
Thanks

bfgFlounder wrote:Hey Fishies! What do you think of Jack of All Tribes? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!**

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

Edited on 01/31/2011 at 4:31:12 PM PST

TKincaidIN
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by TKincaidIN on Jan 31, 11 5:51 PM
I LOVE TM, but this one I am sorry I bought. I played it through one time and I don't see me palying it again.IMO

manndiee
Stingray
Stingray
5,395 Posts

[Post New]by manndiee on Feb 1, 11 10:23 AM
I really liked this game. Simplistic in nature: yes, but if your are going for gold, there are a few levels that threw me for a loop. Had to change tactics to get through them, but was fun. The only thing I found annoying was having to clobber the bad guys that came around.Thoroughly enjoyable. The darkness of the timer running out never bothered me, you can still see everything really well. I'd give it 4 out of 5 stars. The graphics were great.

MsNona1126
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,880 Posts

[Post New]by MsNona1126 on Feb 1, 11 3:34 PM
Simply enjoyable game and yes, very addictive. Was not happy when demo ended. Very easy to follow. I really liked the the "explore" areas aka Hidden Object Scene that gave a break away from the game a bit. All in all..will put this on my wish list. Very nice game.!!

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Feb 1, 11 4:14 PM
Hi Fishies!

I just wanted to add that some additional reviews can be found here.

Happy gaming!

-bfgDonau

Go to: