telescope in bedroom

Re:telescope in bedroom

[Post New]by peanut55 on Jan 30, 11 10:11 AM
i am also having this pro blem i really do like this game, please fix it asap. i am very much hype to get it going again.

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Jan 30, 11 2:20 PM
I am reinstalling as I type. I hope that works to "unstick" the telescope. I do not have the patience to wait weeks for a fix.

[Post New]by joker59 on Jan 30, 11 5:39 PM
Yes, I am having the same problem. It won't reset. I'm stuck since it won't let me enter the code until the number comes onto the telescope. I need a solution too.

lost61
Guppy
Guppy
104 Posts

[Post New]by lost61 on Jan 30, 11 5:46 PM
I have the same problem with the telescope! Knowing the numbers as told in the guide doesn't matter!!!!!! It won't work. I tried reinstalling the game. No change.
I sent a message to BFG. Probably hear back tomorrow or Tuesday. Hang in there everyone..could be a temporary glitch?

[Post New]by heelin on Jan 30, 11 9:38 PM
Nothing helps. Clicking on the center of the lens does nothing. The globe won't let me put in the numbers, saying that I need to solve the telescope game before.
I have deleted the game and downloaded it again. Nothing changed.....still can't go any further.
I don't spend this amount of money on a game that ends up frustrating me instead of letting me enjoy it.
Let's hope you get this cleared up this week.

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Jan 31, 11 4:58 AM
I received an answer from Big Fish, but from what it says, it does not address the problem in this game at all. What a disappointment! It's a generic "what to do if something in the game freezes." I've started a new game with a different profile and I hope I am able to finish. My only other option is a refund, and i'm enjoying the game so much, I don't want to have to do that. OTOH, I'm not going through all the "check your stuff" when it's perfectly obvious that it is not my computer, it's the game.

Edit: I am replaying the game and got through the telescope. The answer for me was to look carefully at the strategy guide, follow the directions exactly, and do not, under any circumstances, back out of the scene until the telescope shows the code numbers. What an annoying glitch!

Edited on 01/31/2011 at 9:40:51 AM PST

LaNala108
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by LaNala108 on Jan 31, 11 8:49 AM
iluvfh wrote:The telescope is also stuck for me. I tried the center lens but it won't let me move the lenses. I tried to insert 326 into the puzzle, but it said I had to find the code (solve the lens puzzle). Any suggestions?

Same here.
The telescope is stuck for me, no more possibility to turn it aorund or even do anything. Also tried to put the known number 326 to the globe but nothing it tells me I had to find the code first.

I do not understand what Margie means by "click on the large lens in the center" that would reset the puzzle.
Nothing happens, I can click like a wild woodpecker - the damned telescope and its lenses do not move.

What can we do?

Edited on 01/31/2011 at 8:50:08 AM PST

[Post New]by spooky42 on Jan 31, 11 8:50 AM
My game froze up on the telescope puzzle, also. I am going to try to reinstall from my purchase history. If this does not work, I will wait for the fix. Thank you for all the info. I thought my new computer was acting up.

folkdance
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by folkdance on Jan 31, 11 10:35 AM
Are they going to tell us when it's fixed or do we have to keep coming back to this forum?

LucyMarie
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by LucyMarie on Jan 31, 11 11:11 AM
same "sad" story as everyone else. waited for about 10 minutes to chat with customer service. good news--fix should now be out in days not a week. also, they understand and are trying to make people happy as they can. thank you BFG.

Blessings,
LucyMarie

MargieB
Salmon
Salmon
2,658 Posts

[Post New]by MargieB on Jan 31, 11 11:13 AM
folkdance wrote:Are they going to tell us when it's fixed or do we have to keep coming back to this forum?

There will be an announcement "stickied" to the top of this forum when an update is available.

You should also see an update in your game manager when this or any update is available for a game in your game manager.

MargieB

[Post New]by tallpine on Jan 31, 11 2:31 PM
i am stuck on telescope too. it won't reset ,it acts like its frozen.how do you reset it?

BGOVEA
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by BGOVEA on Jan 31, 11 5:10 PM
I tried uninstalling and then reinstalling and it still wouldn't let me move the lenses. So I bit the bullet and restarted as a new player. That worked, I just finished the game.

Tomsde
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by Tomsde on Jan 31, 11 5:33 PM
Uninstalling and reinstalling didn't work for me either. I don't want to start at the beginning again and take the chance this glitch will happen again. I will, unfortunately, have to wait until the patch comes out to continue--which I hope is soon since I'm really enjoying the game and am a bit sad I can't continue to play.

constantfire
Shark
Shark
12,978 Posts

[Post New]by constantfire on Jan 31, 11 7:29 PM
Well just add me to the mix! I'm having same problem with telescope. I was really enjoying this game. Sure hope it gets fixed soon!

folkdance
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by folkdance on Feb 1, 11 10:35 AM
I got the fix - it works perfectly! Thank you.

LaNala108
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by LaNala108 on Feb 1, 11 10:40 AM
Update is available!

Just loaded it down and will try it now!
Hope it works, if not I'll tell you

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Feb 1, 11 1:48 PM
Hi everyone!

folkdance and LaNala108 are right in that we now have an updated version available for Shadow Wolf Mysteries: Curse of the Full Moon Collector's Edition that fixes the issue with the telescope along with a couple other things.

To get the latest version, please uninstall and reinstall the game. You'll then be able to continue from the same spot and will not need to start with a new profile.

More information can be found here:

UPDATE! New version for Shadow Wolf Mysteries: Curse of the Full Moon CE! February 1, 2011.

Since this issue has been resolved, I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread, but please feel free to post any further technical issues in the Post Shadow Wolf Mysteries:Curse of the Full Moon Collector's Edition tech issues here only thread and to also contact Customer Support.

Happy gaming!

-bfgDonau

Go to: