Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mishap 2: An Intentional Haunting

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Jan 28, 11 12:08 PM
LOVE... ...loved the first Mishap, one of my favorites, so I couldn't be more EXCITED to see Mishap 2, offered today!!!
This is going to be a GREAT DAY, for this gaming addict, downloading the trial now, just to make sure it works, there is no doubt, I will LOVE it !!
These developers know how to make an AWESOME game, they are brilliant, imaginative and very creative, and as far as I am concerned, one of the BEST, out there !
There is nothing better in the morning, than going to the BF site, and finding a GEM of this quality, just waiting to be played...it is full of surprises, it's FUN, it makes you laugh, and did I mention the special effects, to die for GOOD !!
My coffee is made, so let the adventure begin, I can hardly contain my EXCITEMENT, so will write more later

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Jan 28, 11 12:39 PM
Yosemite1956c wrote:Are these developers on drugs or what????
And if you over-click..........WTF is that????

No thanks!

Not too sure what kind of informative and helpful review this is. It's pretty nice to have some insightful pros and cons to help make judgments. Casting dispersions on developers doesn't get us anywhere. This game is absolutely a step up from the first one, which is a classic in its own right! I'm glad I have it--IMHO, those that don't are missing out on a great experience!

dogmama
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,998 Posts

[Post New]by dogmama on Jan 28, 11 12:49 PM
What a fun game ! I played the first but think this one is a lot more fun. Darn, I wish game credits would carry over to the next month. I would definitely purchase today.

WitchK
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by WitchK on Jan 28, 11 12:53 PM
Downloaded the game and received an error messagewhen I tried to play. It would ot open. I uninstalled and reinstalled still no luck. Guess I'll pass on this game although it looks like it might be a good one to play.

[Post New]by indigo_ladybug on Jan 28, 11 1:01 PM
it was fine, a probable buy until I got to the (grr) arcade game with the jade box. I loved the stories, the character bios etc. if only there was a way to skip the stupid mini game or whatever, without having to crack the box. seriously. :| wasted half the demo on it. either I'm getting old, or arcade games just ain't my thing. how about a SKIP button?

[Post New]by indigo_ladybug on Jan 28, 11 1:02 PM
Yosemite1956c wrote:Are these developers on drugs or what????
And if you over-click..........WTF is that????

No thanks!

I think someone (developpers) hit the catnip a little too much

and the over clicking? that's a really teed off Geisha in your face. ROFL!

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Jan 28, 11 2:07 PM
Wow, reads like a lot of grumpy players here, but like Mishap1, one requirement is to bring your sense of humor with you when you hit Play. The overall concept of both is what crack me up because what I see is a parody, or spoof, satire, of maybe every game ever made, pushed to the edge! If you hate HOGS, try this! If you hate arcade shooters, try THIS! LOL. Ok, maybe I'm just crazy enough to find the absurdy of it all hilarious and fun, only 3 games last year made me laugh. Oh goodie, got a LOLoud ouf of me with that combo mousetrap/wall socket when I hit Quit.

Maybe some others were doing the "Scary", I did the casual one. I stare at those scenes, animations, details so long I forget I'm supposed to find one. Even the obligatory items may be there, ducky (at least well placed where supposed to be) and never saw a boomerang quite like that. I like how they play off the "trite". And 30 second for a Hint, what's wrong with using it, but if I take my time being amused I do spot most of them. If I hit one right I'm not even noticing the light "flashes?" My eyes are looking down at the list to see what it was. Sometimes it was on the list but a random guess, strike a word.

Maybe if on a humongous monitor with Bright amped up to blind white but on my 17" laptop even on high performance they were moderate. I am one who never buys an M3 or arcade with blasts of unnessesary blasts, fireworks, garish bells and whistles. So I surmise these are playing off those. Didn't get the picture of ghost screaming at me like Mishap1, which after the first one (had just finished Dire Grove then) was nothing like that annoying Banshee popping up, and thought they threw in these ghosts on misclicks on purpose. But, as I said, most the elements here I thought those guys didn't miss a trick. But there ARE skip buttons on minis if you don't play "scary" mode. I hung in with the jade box one and was easier than I'd think (I'm no swifty with the mouse), knowing demo time was clicking against me but by golly got it, just didn't get the best trophy. Who cares, I don't play for those.

LOVE the riddles, you just have to say the word for the pix, minus or plus a letter like texting or shorthand and verbalize for the solution. I love word games, those are fun if you know how to play. And aren't those bios shades of MCF Prime Suspects and Huntsville?

OK, I know there is no way to explain humor when one isn't getting it, or taking games too seriously. I rate BRILLIANT! 5

[Post New]by Games_Blonde on Jan 28, 11 2:14 PM
Great review Puzzledone! You should try scary mode on your next playthrough. The ghosts all have funny ways to insult those who misclick like crazy! This time it's more fun than the 1st.

[Post New]by Betafishfighter on Jan 28, 11 2:15 PM
Way to represent Puzzledone! I'm a huge fan of the series!

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Jan 28, 11 2:31 PM
re the misclick popups. I think same as Mishap1 they go by every 4th misclick and are cummulative. So if you got 3 wrong guesses then go to next room and miss one, you set her off. But I take so much time just scanning every little thing I didn't get yelled at much (but was expecting it, not like stupid Banshees which I thought annoying, not scary)

Never did get what she said but someone said it is Get Focussed or you're not focused, I think that was the print out on Mishap1 or some game. Music I finally had to near mute, for lingering so long on one chapter it was a short loop. But fitting at least.

I'll tell you, this is like trying to watch a Monty Python movie without pause, stop, replay to catch everything. So many items in one scene there's bound to be leftovers for lots of replay value.

(btw if you hate this game, don't even get into Vampireville, my other most funny game ever played, thought of that howling wolf in the moon they tossed in too after the demo of new Shadow Wolf Mystery) If you are weary of so many "dark" games, hate werewolf, vampires and such, try these, I think this creative team hates them too except they give them something to play with. You didn't like finding an iron to make bacon in M1?

Admit, I am playing just one chapter a night like the first one, so much going on, pretty intensive, don't want to OD. .

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Jan 28, 11 2:37 PM
Oh thanks, glad we got a "cult" going here. My ONLY gripe is this fowled up my punchcard strategy expecting it to be a CE. I didn't even buy Phantasma yet or anything all month expecting 3 punchs. So what now?? PhCE and start hustling for 2 more punches with few days left. Oh well, if only one punch, can't complain since I got it FREE.

And now...back to Strategy Punchcard game. Felix better not bring us CE for Farmscapes til Feb now, I hate dangling chads wasted like last month I had 7 games.

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Jan 28, 11 3:31 PM
sinshack wrote:Downloading now, and I am also re-installing the first in the series, Mishap: An Accidental Haunting, so I can replay that. I'll just run the demo long enough to check to make sure it works (always a good idea even if you KNOW you are going to buy) and then I'll hit the "Buy It" button as fast as I can!

Yesterday's CE made me start a new punchcard, so I'm glad to have a game today that I know I will love.

Don't know if this will help, But I usually use the name "TEST" during the Demo. This allows me to use my regular profile if I decide to purchase. It allows me to replay the demo and refresh my memory. (Old Timers Disease has set in)

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Jan 28, 11 3:42 PM
Old Timers' Memory?? Is that my problem? I type the date for a demo name unless they don't accept numerics. Even when I buy. That way I know how long since I started it and no wonder I don't remember if it is last April like one I bought and never played. Heck, if I wait 2 days on an adventure I don't remember where I was and have to start over with a new date. And I got demos in GMgr that are timed out because I dozed off and don't even remember if I liked them LOL. Shows how "memorable" most these games are. But Mishap?? One chapter at a time I'm good to go back, all I remember was it was fun

kristidumplin
Manatee
Manatee
3,656 Posts

[Post New]by kristidumplin on Jan 28, 11 3:45 PM
It is wonderful!! I loved the first one and was waiting anxiously for this one and it hasn't disappointed me. The graphics are terrific! I find myself just watching everything that is going on and forgetting what I'm looking for...lol. The music is lots of fun, as well. Game play is pretty much like the first one - and great gadgets to have fun with, riddles to solve, stuff to hunt for - it's a five out of five stars for me.

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by thistle809 on Jan 28, 11 4:09 PM
Felix is my hero! I was hoping we would see this soon; because when I played the demo at the developer's website a few weeks ago, it was love at first click. I absolutely loved the first "Mishap" and this is certainly as good, if not better. This is great fun, a little exercise for the "little gray cells", and a wonderful game for those with families; because it is not scary: just plain entertaining. Thank you, Felix for making sure that those of us who wanted this marvelous game, did not have to go elsewhere to purchase. (Not something I like to even consider, because the only games site with truly customer-oriented policies is BFG.)

KATE60
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by KATE60 on Jan 28, 11 4:41 PM
I agree with Puzzledone and Darkdeciple bring your sense of humour to this game. Great just as good if not better than first. Maybe i am crazy but i liked all the popping and eurpting and things moving when you dont expect it. It is also very colourful and it certainley made me laugh. love to all the fishies.

Edited on 01/28/2011 at 4:43:39 PM PST

cyndrap
Guppy
Guppy
124 Posts

[Post New]by cyndrap on Jan 28, 11 6:08 PM
Too much fun
loved the first one and loved this one
Funny - Silly and a great play
lots to do and keeps ones interest
a buy for me
1/2 out of 5

Leemo
Herring
Herring
309 Posts

[Post New]by Leemo on Jan 28, 11 6:13 PM
I was moaing about the lights in my last post but since then have found the game play so intrigueing that I'm going to buy it anyway. Adjusting my monitor helped a bit with the lighting. Love the art work.

abuscher
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by abuscher on Jan 28, 11 6:28 PM
Accidental Haunting was one of my favorite games. When I got up this morning and saw Intentional Haunting I said "YAHOO! I love em.

mintjulelip
Minnow
Minnow
232 Posts

[Post New]by mintjulelip on Jan 28, 11 8:57 PM
It was a LONG wait but definitely worth it

This game is the sequel to Mishap: An Accidental Haunting and it does not disappoint! Absolutely amazing graphics, a tongue-in-cheek story line that leaves you laughing out loud, many hours of play, and with the mini-games, ghost hunting, and hidden object scenes, there is something for everyone. The devs attention to detail and efforts to make this game a home run make this a definite buy for me.

, , and huge kudos to the devs. I'm already waiting for the next one!

Go to: