bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Re:Post any Mishap 2: An Intentional Haunting technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Jan 31, 11 7:05 AM
Hi fishies,

Any players that are experiencing a "freeze" after entering the Profile name, be sure to press the Enter key on your keyboard (large key used for spacing and validating commands).

This will resolve the issue and you can start your adventure to release the imprisoned spirits !

If you continue to experience issues, be sure to get in touch with Customer Support by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages, and then click "Contact Us" to the right of the screen to submit a support ticket.

Or if you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 9:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope this helps!

bfgImbrium

Edited on 01/31/2011 at 7:06:57 AM PST

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Jan 31, 11 1:36 PM
The problem I'm having is with the mini games slowing down. I was really worried I wouldn't manage to get past the fishing game with the shark. Until the shark scared away the fish, I could barely move the cursor except for occasional jumps here and there. I'm going to try uninstall and reinstall but I'm sorta doubting it will help... If it does I'll come back here and say so...

The rest of the game is fantabulous! If the game is updated to fix the finale freeze, please also include a fix or a sooner skip for the mini games. The game is fine even without them, but I don't want me or anyone else getting hung up with them... I feel like the rest of the game is worth recommending wholeheartedly.

Update: Nope, uninstall and reinstall didn't seem to help, after a reboot even.

Edited on 01/31/2011 at 4:51:11 PM PST

[Post New]by Charmbird on Jan 31, 11 6:08 PM
Jeriann64 wrote:Thank you for the feedback, I pushed enter & went right to the game. Now I have another problem; I figured out the riddle in the hotbath scene but every time I try to dump the salts, they all come back again. I tried doing them in a certain order but that didn't work; can you help me?????

For the hotbath scene you are suppose to put only two of the ingredients present into the water per the riddle---Iron and salt, in that order.

[Post New]by Charmbird on Jan 31, 11 6:17 PM
I haven't seen anyone talking about this problem, but I am coming across it. I have finished the final chapter and have the 're-animator'. Normally, it goes directly to the mini-game when you have the gadget, but nothing happens. Per the walkthrough, there is supposed to be an operation game, but I get nothing. I've completed everything on the checklists and found all the ghosts, but I am still int he private quarters screen. What am I missing here?

ravensgone
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by ravensgone on Jan 31, 11 9:15 PM
the game ending cut scene freezes up after all the ghosts gather around, so i can't see it, kinda disappointed, don't feel like i beat the game lol

[Post New]by boredwidow on Feb 2, 11 8:53 AM
Guess I'm not the only one out there who can't get past create a profile.
White space shows up and then freezes. I have tried 4 times now.
Really wanted to play this game. OH WELL
Wow, reading is such a wonderful thing. Hit enter after typing in your name.I am such a dork. Game is working just fine now.

Edited on 02/02/2011 at 9:21:04 AM PST

[Post New]by arrith on Feb 4, 11 2:37 AM
I am on chapter 6 and I have completed everything on the checklist, but the minigame will not start. In fact the game is not doing anything. I can move around the screen and go into the various rooms, but it's not doing anything else. Help please. I'm afraid to uninstall and reinstall because I don't want to risk losing what I've already done.

prchalpn
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,132 Posts

[Post New]by prchalpn on Feb 4, 11 3:12 AM
ravensgone wrote: the game ending cut scene freezes up after all the ghosts gather around, so i can't see it, kinda disappointed, don't feel like i beat the game lol

Ditto! Same thing happen to me. I feel incomplete LOL.
Rebooted my puter and went back in and it was doing the credits.

alilypad
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by alilypad on Feb 4, 11 10:48 AM
I am so frustrated. Everything is up-to-date and I still get the access error. The game doesn't even start. Customer service was no help. Grrrrr....

[Post New]by mzzzchriss on Feb 4, 11 4:01 PM
Kittensrgreat wrote:Chapter 2 gym riddle. When I click on the table to complete the riddle, it exits the game to the main menu. ???

Hey
I too am having the same EXACT problem! we cant be the only two people in the world? could we?? have you found the answer yet?
Chris

[Post New]by g_stillwill on Feb 7, 11 6:02 PM
Stuck in Gym everything is checked and completed but every time I click on the table it takes me to the main menu. I have reloaded the game three times and can only get to this point each time, any ideas.

[Post New]by spiritdog51 on Feb 7, 11 8:11 PM
The end scene also did one frame every 5 seconds! After having my computer crash big time from Beyond the Reflections, I didn't want to hard crash this game too. 3 hours later it was still running the "end scene", so I had to call my puter guy to get me out of the dang game.
I asked for a refund. I got it.
I loved the first Mishap, but after this 2nd one, I won't be trying any more because of this 5 second a frame ending.

misty5
Herring
Herring
337 Posts

[Post New]by misty5 on Feb 8, 11 4:37 AM
Yep, I had the freeze-frame issue in the final scene, too. Task manager didn't get me out so I thought I'd just let it slo-mo to the end, but after two hours I gave up and did a hard shutdown. Very strange, as the rest of the game played fine.

jeanniemouse
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,337 Posts

[Post New]by jeanniemouse on Feb 8, 11 7:49 PM
I've made it past the gym scene (sort of...). My issue: on both of the final games, my cursor was stalling and slowing down. Of course I lost both times. Usually I would have put it down to my poor reflexes, but my cursor simply wouldn't move on gym game (and I'm usually pretty good at that type of game.) Is this a unique problem for me?

amj0963
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,544 Posts

[Post New]by amj0963 on Feb 9, 11 12:51 AM
prchalpn wrote:
ravensgone wrote: the game ending cut scene freezes up after all the ghosts gather around, so i can't see it, kinda disappointed, don't feel like i beat the game lol

Ditto! Same thing happen to me. I feel incomplete LOL.
Rebooted my puter and went back in and it was doing the credits.

same thing here as well. it makes it frustrating when you come to the end of the game and then you don't know how it ends because you have to pull up task manager to exit out.

jeanniemouse
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,337 Posts

[Post New]by jeanniemouse on Feb 9, 11 12:32 PM
I just e-mailed CS about my sluggish cursor problems. I really like this game; it's very cute and creative, but right now it's actually become headache-inducing. I'm concerned that I might reach the end and encounter the same problems others are describing as well. I'll see what response I get.

jerryrs
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by jerryrs on Feb 11, 11 7:33 AM
I loved both the first Mishap as well as this one but I'm also experiencing the EXTREMELY laggy ending with 1 frame every 5 seconds or so and no sound. I have a fairly decent powered machine and my cpu is only at 11% so I'm not sure what the problem is. Please issue a fix or update!

Thanks!

Jerry

jerryrs
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by jerryrs on Feb 11, 11 7:42 AM
Also as amazing the quality is of the game, graphics, etc, there were several typos throughout the game (sarcophagus comes to mind as one). If there is an update, please correct these as they are no indication of the quality of the game.

[Post New]by wingedmaud on Feb 12, 11 5:16 AM
TillyQ wrote:Has anybody had trouble shooting the kamikaze rockets? Since I'm playing on a MacBook with a track pad there is no "right click". I've tried using the control, option, command & shift keys with no luck. I can't shoot the green box & my demo time is running out.

I have this same problem. Anyone have a solution?

RavenQuo
Clownfish
Clownfish
839 Posts

[Post New]by RavenQuo on Feb 12, 11 7:08 PM
Same problem with the ending. I'm now 3 minutes shy of 3 hours locked up, looks like 1 frame every 5 minutes. Using a different computer to post this. Bummer, the rest of the game was great, but this 3+ hour lockup just ruined it...no sense of closure, and I can't do anything else in the meantime!

The computer I used to play the game is only a few months old and hasn't had any issues playing video for other games on this site. For comparison, the only other game it's had issue with period is Neverwinter Nights 2, which I'm pretty sure requires a pretty powerful video card/driver.

What gives?

Go to: