murphy1923
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Death at Fairing Point: A Dana Knightstone Novel

[Post New]by murphy1923 on Jan 31, 11 2:34 PM
The puzzles in the game (demo) were way too easy - I'd rather have a game with tougher puzzles and less walking around to get to where you need to go. This would work better with a map so you could go there right away - saves on sneakers. Oh well.

lilTweet7
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Death at Fairing Point: A Dana Knightstone Novel

[Post New]by lilTweet7 on Jan 31, 11 3:35 PM
I really enjoyed playing this game. Story line, I really did not pay much attention to, but I found the mini games unique and entertaining, though not difficult at all. Graphics were very nice as well, and no tech glitches experienced.

Athena99
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Athena99 on Jan 31, 11 4:11 PM
Played it loved it! Well worth the full price credit. Just waiting for February as it will work out better to start a new punch card. I already have one full card for January and hey!...February is tomorrow!

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Jan 31, 11 4:30 PM
Great game! I have liked this game also in the CE, but doesn`t want to pay the double price for that game. But its a buy for me as the standard version of course

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Jan 31, 11 6:05 PM
There's so many good HOG's/IHOG's/Adventure games that I don't ever get around to buying - I own so many I haven't played yet - and this is likely one of them.

But I did enjoy playing the demo. I like the ghost story thing, and the house environment is very beautifully furnished. Atrium, flowers, wood grain, nice. I don't think this one would be easy to play a bit at a time - when I came back to it, I was just wandering around for awhile trying to remember what I was doing - but I did manage to pick up a thread to go on...

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Feb 1, 11 7:09 AM
Thie graphics are beautiful and wonderfully crisp. The gameplay has some HOG, as well as interactive HOG, and puzzles galore. This is a wonderful game that is engrossing: I was stunned when the demo ended.The music is lovely and faintly haunting. Truly a joy to play. Huge thank you to the creators! There seems to be little difference between the CE and SE.

This game is an A++.

roxiestar74
Minnow
Minnow
290 Posts

[Post New]by roxiestar74 on Feb 2, 11 5:50 PM
I just finished this game and I enjoyed it, but found myself getting a bit annoyed with how repetitive some of the puzzles were, especially near the end. I wish there were less move the pieces to make a picture puzzles, those were the ones that got the most monotonous for me. You can skip the puzzles, but not right away. You have to wait for the skip button to load and that takes a couple of minutes, so if you don't like a puzzle and want to skip it, you are stuck in the puzzle until the skip button loads, and that added to my annoyance of some puzzles being too repetitive. But beside that, I did get hooked on the game, especially during the middle chapters. I thought the story was very engrossing, and I also liked the fact that there was a lot of inventory items to collect and use.

The fact that there were not a lot of H0 scenes didn't bother me, but it might bother other people here that really love HOGs. I do not consider this game a HOG. It only has a handful of H0 scenes, I would consider it a puzzle adventure game. The fact that there weren't a lot of H0 scenes made it different from your typical HOG and I liked that. I don't mind doing some H0 scenes in a game, but I do not enjoy straight HOGs. I like some adventure, puzzles and inventory item finding/usage mixed in with my game, and this game has all of those things, which made it very enjoyable for me.

I really liked the story, and I thought the ending was satisfying. I would definitely be interested in playing the sequel whenever it comes out, I just hope the puzzles will be a bit less repetitive in that game. That really is my only complaint though, and I thought that this was a really good game and would recommend it to anyone that likes puzzle adventure games.

Edited on 02/02/2011 at 6:00:25 PM PST

gmmace
Minnow
Minnow
249 Posts

[Post New]by gmmace on Feb 2, 11 5:55 PM
Initially I really liked this game, even though I'm not a real fan of romance novel themes. I liked the graphics and the different mix of puzzles. But I found several of the puzzles to be not necessarily hard, but confusing.

[Post New]by wynkie02 on Feb 2, 11 6:37 PM
HELP! I can't get out of France and back to Fairing Point! I have the ring and the invisible ink letter but don't have any idea what to do next. I'm one of the "lucky" ones to have half the instructions cut off at the top of the screen so if there are directions there, I'm not able to read them. What am I missing? Other than not being able to finish the game, I've enjoyed it. Graphics are good, story is good so far but really do want to finish up! Would appreciate any help!

dvdiva
Clownfish
Clownfish
911 Posts

[Post New]by dvdiva on Feb 2, 11 7:52 PM
Hi wynkie! Did you already read what was on the letter, using the candle? After you do, click the letter to put it in your inventory. It should advance to the next chapter after that. If not, go to the Main Menu, and click Start Game to continue the story. You should then find yourself on the cliff.

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Feb 3, 11 8:01 AM
Played it today, restarted right from the beginning as I like to have a game "in one piece" when I think it's going to grab me the whole time. Loved it. Superb graphics, nice music, not too many dialogues, good little easy mini games (which my ageing brain likes as it makes me feel clever...), catching story, can't wait for the sequel. .

viteacher
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by viteacher on Feb 3, 11 11:39 AM
I finished the game last night. It was fun doing a game in chapters. I rarely looked for help. I hope to see another like it. I would purchase it for sure.
Vi teacher

Tazania
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by Tazania on Feb 3, 11 3:03 PM
[/b]Hi Gamers, I loved this game. Does anyone have any suggestion on a similar game that I could try. Would love to get input. Thanks!!

imjaws2
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by imjaws2 on Feb 4, 11 6:32 PM
This is a great game and lots of fun. I have gotten to the last chapter but the game will not go onto the last chapter. i have the letter over the candle but nothing proceeds from there. Anyone else?

dvdiva
Clownfish
Clownfish
911 Posts

[Post New]by dvdiva on Feb 4, 11 8:42 PM
Hi imjaws! Did you already read what was on the letter, using the candle? After you do, click the letter to put it in your inventory. It should advance to the next chapter after that. If not, go to the Main Menu, and click Start Game to continue the story. You should then find yourself on the cliff.

cagamenut
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

[Post New]by cagamenut on Feb 5, 11 5:07 PM
I'm glad that I waited to buy the none CE game. While I will miss having the bonus game, the extra things..screen savers, etc...aren't important. I also found that I don't need, at least so far, the strategy guide to play. It's a beautiful game!

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Feb 6, 11 11:00 AM
Partial quote from CE review by portia60 on Jan 14, 11

"I enjoyed this game quite a lot for the first two-thirds or so, but then found it rather a chore to make myself plow through to the end, as the challenges became repetitive and the storyline faded. The graphics are lovely and bright and clear, something my aging eyes very much appreciate. The storyline is generally well-done but lost energy in the later chapters. Play follows in a logical way. The puzzles, though, are very easy and started to feel like filler after awhile. The dialog also pretty much tells you what to do step-by-step. . Grade: B-. . "

The part I cut is about the CE.

I seem to be one of 2 people in the universe that didn't think this was "The best game ever". Like portia60, I did enjoy much of the game but it then became very repetitive and almost tedious where puzzles and chores were concerned. I didn’t so much feel the puzzles were too easy, as I don’t mind easy, if the storyline continues to hold my interest, which I seemed to start losing about the time I got the housekeeper’s list of chores.

There are many games I have Loved but I feel this one kind of lost it's "magic" for me toward the last third of the game and I started playing more just so I could finish.

I am however glad that so many of my fellow fishies enjoyed it so much.

Edited on 02/06/2011 at 11:02:00 AM PST

moonchild8
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by moonchild8 on Feb 7, 11 4:57 AM
Just finished the game and have to say I loved it! The graphics were excellent I hope to see many more games like this one!

[Post New]by Linda_in_Aussie on Feb 7, 11 9:26 AM
Really loved this game. Wasn't sure at first after playing Shadow of the Wolf CE with the built in Strategy Guide.

But this game is pretty good and keeping me interested. Love it that the Hints give some idea what to do next... I really love the "hand holding" as mentioned by Casual Gran in other games.

Everything makes sense from one scene to another and not alot of "twoing and frowing". The graphics are excellent and the puzzles are playable with the option of skipping. No regrets about waiting for the SE. In my opinion, its basically not a strong enough game to pay full price for the CE. Fantastic value for a game credit.

Not too many junk pile HOGs and lots of imagination. I kinda like looking for the same objects ...meaning like finding 20 coins or other similar objects..

Excellent 5 star game.

Edited on 02/07/2011 at 4:26:18 PM PST

zorrogumbo
Clownfish
Clownfish
550 Posts

[Post New]by zorrogumbo on Feb 7, 11 1:16 PM
Just love playing this game. Awesome graphics, nice story, alots of puzzles and easy to follow. Very relaxing and well done game.

Go to: