Re:Welcome to Murder Island: Secret of Tantalus forum

[Post New]by annay301 on Feb 1, 11 6:06 PM
I'm having the exact same problem as superspurs1595, and garynsharon. Any solutions yet?

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Feb 1, 11 6:55 PM
Hey superspurs1595, garynsharon and annay301! Well, I'm stumped, if you played the second HOG at that location and didn't get the nails. Do you know what inventory item you did get? Or did the nails just not go in your inventory?

I'm playing on a Mac, too, so I don't think that's the problem. Now, I did notice the second time I played, that there were times when I had games to do in another place, but the yellow button on the map wasn't lit.

Really, the only thing I can suggest is to try starting over under a new player name and see if you can get it second time around. I'd also let tech support know. Sorry, guys.

ETA: Just had a thought, there were times when I acquired enough inventory to go to two pages. Is it possible it's in your inventory and you need to click the arrow to get to it?

Edited on 02/01/2011 at 6:57:07 PM PST

lizkgames
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by lizkgames on Feb 2, 11 1:54 AM
I'm stuck finding the 12th bell. I know where it's supposed to be but I'm not finding in there at all. I found the others that were there but not the last one.

Never fails. I call for help then find it.

Now I need to figure out the code to get into the shed. .....

Edited on 02/02/2011 at 2:05:28 AM PST

[Post New]by petuniazee on Feb 2, 11 3:03 AM
petuniazee wrote:I am at the beginning of the game. I cannot find the cask or the "marble chest". The clue points to the object but when I go there I get nothing.

[Post New]by maryy1 on Feb 2, 11 3:34 AM
Hey guys, i have found the nails, hammer and the wood but can't build the ladder. I have tried clicking on it 100 times but it won't let me build the ladder. Please help. I am starting to think its a tech issue here. Thanks

pooka0360
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by pooka0360 on Feb 2, 11 8:19 AM
I'm looking for the rings that fit into the door puzzle, I have the largest one and need 2 more. Anyone? Thanks, sl frustrated!

Thanks Wiljul, Your a BIG help to all of us! The info bits you wrote are a great idea too!

Edited on 02/04/2011 at 7:16:55 AM PST

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Feb 2, 11 8:23 AM
petuniazee wrote:
petuniazee wrote:I am at the beginning of the game. I cannot find the cask or the "marble chest". The clue points to the object but when I go there I get nothing.

The marble chest is a joke: its the bas relief of the hunky Greek guy....

[Post New]by dazegnbye on Feb 2, 11 8:36 AM
trying to build the ladder.have nails,lumber & hammer but cannot seem to use them. what am i missing?

[Post New]by vittoria2 on Feb 2, 11 9:24 AM
I can't stress enough how much I disliked this game. I have literally hundreds of these hidden object games, most through BigFish but some through other site as well, but I found this one the most frustrating I've played in ages.

The whole Map function is poorly executed, as it never really identifies the real area you still need to deal with. With no walk-through this is an exercise in futility. I wish I could get my game club credit back. I find myself constantly looking for keys one never knows you need until you run into yet another puzzle requiring yet another missing key to hunt for...that's not identidfied on the map as an area you still need to investigate. Hate it.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Feb 2, 11 10:01 AM
maryy1 wrote:Hey guys, i have found the nails, hammer and the wood but can't build the ladder. I have tried clicking on it 100 times but it won't let me build the ladder. Please help. I am starting to think its a tech issue here. Thanks

Hi maryy1 and dazegnbye!

In order to build the ladder you need:
1. Another long piece of wood, similar to the one leaning on the ziggurat
2. A pile of wood for the steps of the ladder
3. A hammer
4. A box of nails

Hope this helps!

joanies
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by joanies on Feb 2, 11 10:04 AM
I'm at the "last step". How do I find out how many tiles I have left to recover? I don't know how many found tiles are represented in the wheel thingy in the upper left-hand corner. I have just one slot left to fill. Does that make any sense?

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Feb 2, 11 10:05 AM
pooka0360 wrote:I'm looking for the rings that fit into the door puzzle, I have the largest one and need 2 more. Anyone? Thanks, sl frustrated!

Hi pooka! Here are the locations of the three rings. SPOILERS (highlight to read):

1. Hanging on the top right of the gate with the rings
2. In Miles' room in his armoire (Miles' room is the gate at the end of the path past the gate with the rings)
3. In a HOG on the balcony of Miles' room

Hope this helps! Good luck!

Edited on 02/02/2011 at 8:44:08 PM PST

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Feb 2, 11 10:11 AM
joanies wrote:I'm at the "last step". How do I find out how many tiles I have left to recover? I don't know how many found tiles are represented in the wheel thingy in the upper left-hand corner. I have just one slot left to fill. Does that make any sense?

Hi joanies! While playing the game if you open the map you have a compass rose in the upper left. Each time you find 12 tiles you unlock a piece of Greek mythology trivia. Each piece you unlock is denoted by a full color triangular piece on the compass rose - so each "pie piece" represents 12 tiles. The unlocked ones are grayed out. Along the edge of the compass rose are twelve curved rectangular pieces that turn blue for each tile you have found. I looked at it at the end of my game and saw I still had 4 tiles to find, I had unlocked all "pie pieces" except the last one which was still gray and I had four rectangular pieces that weren't colored in blue, so that meant I only had 4 tiles to find. I also found out (after I finished the game) that when you are in a location that still has a tile to be found the star in the compass rose will light up yellow - so check that often to find your tiles!

Hope this helps!

joanies
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by joanies on Feb 2, 11 10:21 AM
Oh, rats! That means I still have 10 tiles to find! Last grayed out area and it has only 2 blue curved rectangles!! Glad I asked....that's rather confusing. And, thanks for the fast answer. I guess it'll be a little while longer before I finish this fun game.

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Feb 2, 11 11:58 AM
Thanks, WilJul for the info re tiles. I had one piece left to open when I gave up and ended the game. I wondered how to find out just how many were left. Really glad to know that the map gives you directions on where they might be located.

I'm going to have to play this one again. Was so caught up in the story and game play that I can't remember where anything is any more. Really loved the game.
m

[Post New]by cookk2 on Feb 2, 11 12:14 PM
How do you fix the sail on the boat. I can see the chain but have no idea what to do next. I have no yellow dots to go to.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Feb 2, 11 12:35 PM
cookk2 wrote:How do you fix the sail on the boat. I can see the chain but have no idea what to do next. I have no yellow dots to go to.
Hi cookk2! Welcome to the forums! Do you have a pair of handcuffs in your inventory? They may be helpful!

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Feb 2, 11 12:51 PM
You're welcome joanies! Hope you find 'em all!

I had the exact same experience mcurty! The first time I play a game I play it just for me, take my time and get lost in it. It takes a second run through before I can actually remember where I found things, and sometimes a third! If I really like a game and think I may be of help on the forums, sometimes I even take notes. I started doing that for this game especially since there isn't, and isn't going to be, a walkthrough. I also started playing again to see if I could reproduce the trouble folks were having with the "marble chest"/casks HOG and with acquiring the nails. But no matter what I do, I get them every time. I just can't reproduce the problems so I can't figure out where it's going wrong.

So if you play again, take some notes and maybe between the two of us, and others, folks won't need no stinkin' walkthrough! Haha!

ETA: Forgot to mention there should be exactly three tiles in each location.

Edited on 02/02/2011 at 1:27:25 PM PST

[Post New]by annay301 on Feb 2, 11 8:03 PM
Hey WilJul. Took your suggestion and started game over in other name and finally got nails. First time would not give me second HOG at gates, it just kept me stuck going back over everything over and over, but when I started over I got second Hog at gates and finally got nails. Thanks for suggestion. Just finished game. Think I'll play again.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Feb 2, 11 8:19 PM
annay301 wrote:Hey WilJul. Took your suggestion and started game over in other name and finally got nails. First time would not give me second HOG at gates, it just kept me stuck going back over everything over and over, but when I started over I got second Hog at gates and finally got nails. Thanks for suggestion. Just finished game. Think I'll play again.

Excellent news annay301! Thank you so much for letting me know! I'll pass it on!! And congratulations!!!

Go to: