mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

Re:Post any Murder Island: Secret of Tantalus technical issues here only

[Post New]by mcurty on Feb 8, 11 5:29 PM
grandma007 wrote:Go into room with books and my name badge disappears from my list of items and I can not get into the next room.Any ideas

Are you talking about Miles' ID badge that you used for the rings puzzle at the gate? If so, that will disappear -- you don't need it anymore.


SPOILER!!!!!




The passcard that you need for the next room is in the safe at the boat.

 

Re:Post any Murder Island: Secret of Tantalus technical issues here only

[Post New]by carolemoore1961 on Feb 8, 11 8:07 PM
tomtroxel wrote:Same Prolem as Carol1961...GAme freezes at towwer gate after puzzleis solved. Ie, door lock is "heads up". Tried it twice no relief. Reinstalled and game does not allow me to proceed. So she is not the only one with a problem. Too bad! Off to Customer service now.


Went into the game one more time. Only pin is the red one at the top of the gates where it now says "nothing for me to see". Checked the map and no yellow pins but decided to go back down. In the cave I see a pair of glasses and clicked on and gave me a message about being Miles, I believe, glasses. Then traveled down to the beach and had sparkles on the junk pile on the beach. I'm now playing game again with stuff from there and other rooms again. Try this and see if it works for you. if this is all it was the only problem I had was when it froze...thought I had to open the gates to get something on the other side...maybe you don't...

 
WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

Re:Post any Murder Island: Secret of Tantalus technical issues here only

[Post New]by WilJul on Feb 8, 11 11:09 PM
carolemoore1961 wrote:
tomtroxel wrote:Same Prolem as Carol1961...GAme freezes at towwer gate after puzzleis solved. Ie, door lock is "heads up". Tried it twice no relief. Reinstalled and game does not allow me to proceed. So she is not the only one with a problem. Too bad! Off to Customer service now.


Went into the game one more time. Only pin is the red one at the top of the gates where it now says "nothing for me to see". Checked the map and no yellow pins but decided to go back down. In the cave I see a pair of glasses and clicked on and gave me a message about being Miles, I believe, glasses. Then traveled down to the beach and had sparkles on the junk pile on the beach. I'm now playing game again with stuff from there and other rooms again. Try this and see if it works for you. if this is all it was the only problem I had was when it froze...thought I had to open the gates to get something on the other side...maybe you don't...

Wow! This is just crazy carolemoore1961! I have no idea what's going on! I just popped in to ask you - so you never got in the gate? I think you just have a cut scene once you open the gate which shows you where the yacht is. So I'm hoping you will be able to get on the yacht. Will you let us know how it turns out?

 

Re:Post any Murder Island: Secret of Tantalus technical issues here only

[Post New]by carolemoore1961 on Feb 8, 11 11:40 PM
Okay where I think I was misled...and feel like a real dummy over this...is it did freeze on me 3 times....but when I figured out the keys and it froze I got out of the game. Went back in and it kept telling me I had to get to the lookout tower I believe. So once there the keys were gone like I figured out the puzzle and telling me "nothing for me to see here" or something like that. The map only had a red pin at the gate location. Decided to go back down and seen the glasses in the cave and a comment about seeing in the dark. Went further down and now there were sparkles on the beach for more hidden objects...think I got the matches then. Still no yellow pins on the map though...and think this is where I got keys to go to the other rooms up from the beach. So now I've played it just fine up to the books in the library...didn't get it and hit skip...and guess what...FROZE AGAIN! Just got out of it and checked in here...but going back in to see if I have to do the library books again and see if it freezes again...then will keep trying to see if I can get past this puzzle. Shouldn't have the problems with the thing freezing. As I tend to get off track, where I was misled was it kept telling me I had to get to the lookout tower and once there no place to go....but really just had to solve the key puzzle to advance in the game...just not from there....does that make sense?

 

Re:Post any Murder Island: Secret of Tantalus technical issues here only

[Post New]by carolemoore1961 on Feb 9, 11 12:48 AM
Whew! Just finished the game...it let me back in and didn't have to solve the library puzzle....played til the valve puzzle and solved it and it froze again...waited 3 minutes and the screen went nowhere...so did the ctrl alt del key and got out and went back in and didn't have to solve the valve puzzle again. But I skipped some other games and it didn't freeze but did freeze on me 4 times during this game. Put in a comment to the help desk and got the initial message but haven't heard back from one of the techs. Although able to finish the game it shouldn't freeze like this.

 
tomtroxel
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

Re:Post any Murder Island: Secret of Tantalus technical issues here only

[Post New]by tomtroxel on Feb 9, 11 12:16 PM
carol1961.....My experience is the same! After some restarts and guess on what to do, I finnally was able to finish the game. It crashed another 3 or 4 times And crashed on the last puzzle as well. But I finished. The game itself was not worth the effort!!!!

 
WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

Re:Post any Murder Island: Secret of Tantalus technical issues here only

[Post New]by WilJul on Feb 9, 11 8:27 PM
Thanks for the update, carolemoore1961. That can only be a very frustrating way to play a game! I hope you and tomtroxel get it figured out so you don't have to deal with this ever again!

 

Re:Post any Murder Island: Secret of Tantalus technical issues here only

[Post New]by drigs4tarheels on Feb 12, 11 8:27 AM
Jessiebelle wrote:I think there are some tech difficulties in this game. The hint tells where the object should be. Its' either not there or wont pick up the ****.I dont want to restart but if we cant collect the ****, there's no progress. Any suggestions pse?

 

Re:Post any Murder Island: Secret of Tantalus technical issues here only

[Post New]by drigs4tarheels on Feb 12, 11 8:30 AM
I'm having the same problems as jessiebelle!! I can't pick up the "cask" or the "marble chest" in one of the early HOG's. I know where they are but I can't pick them up which won't allow me to collect the item for that scene which means I can't proceed!! HELP!!!

 
WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

Re:Post any Murder Island: Secret of Tantalus technical issues here only

[Post New]by WilJul on Feb 12, 11 1:01 PM
drigs4tarheels wrote:I'm having the same problems as jessiebelle!! I can't pick up the "cask" or the "marble chest" in one of the early HOG's. I know where they are but I can't pick them up which won't allow me to collect the item for that scene which means I can't proceed!! HELP!!!

Yes, this one is a glitch. The only known work around is to start the game over under a new player name. Sorry.

 

Re:Post any Murder Island: Secret of Tantalus technical issues here only

[Post New]by drigs4tarheels on Feb 12, 11 3:39 PM
I'll try that!! Thanks!!

 

Re:Post any Murder Island: Secret of Tantalus technical issues here only

[Post New]by tdbeary on Feb 15, 11 1:50 PM
There MUST be a solution for all of us who are having trouble with the oars. No, I do not want to start the game over....how about a fix for this??

 
WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

Re:Post any Murder Island: Secret of Tantalus technical issues here only

[Post New]by WilJul on Feb 15, 11 3:53 PM
You should probably contact tech support directly. Use the green envelope to the right of these posts.

 
FinnyFine
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

Re:Post any Murder Island: Secret of Tantalus technical issues here only

[Post New]by FinnyFine on Feb 16, 11 8:24 AM
Also had the problem of not being able to pick up the marble chest or the cask.

I tried the suggestion of restarting the game under a different name, still the same problem. Can't pick up the chest or the cask.

In addition I also have the invisible cursor problem if I uncheck custom cursors. AND if I try to play the game in windowed mode, it crashes.

I REALLY like this game, but it's unplayable past the storeroom scene for me.

It's getting very disappointing the number of unplayable Mac games I am hitting lately.

Mac OSX 10.5.8

 
WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

Re:Post any Murder Island: Secret of Tantalus technical issues here only

[Post New]by WilJul on Feb 16, 11 11:35 PM
FinnyFine wrote:Also had the problem of not being able to pick up the marble chest or the cask.

I tried the suggestion of restarting the game under a different name, still the same problem. Can't pick up the chest or the cask.

In addition I also have the invisible cursor problem if I uncheck custom cursors. AND if I try to play the game in windowed mode, it crashes.

I REALLY like this game, but it's unplayable past the storeroom scene for me.

It's getting very disappointing the number of unplayable Mac games I am hitting lately.

Mac OSX 10.5.8


FinnyFine, I'm so sorry to hear you have had so much trouble with this game. I, too, am playing on a Mac OSX 10.5.8 and I didn't have any trouble with it. I can't understand why you would have so much trouble and I didn't. Have you tried contacting tech support and sending them a Dr. Felix to see if they can figure out what the issue is?

 
LaDeeDah
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

Re:Post any Murder Island: Secret of Tantalus technical issues here only

[Post New]by LaDeeDah on Feb 17, 11 4:37 PM
Cursor is touchy. And instructions on bottom of scenes take a while to disappear. this makes it frustrating because you can't move on or see what might be at the bottom of the scene until the instructions go away. I consider this more of a glitch than a technical problem per se. But still aggravating.

 
cjpandie
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

Re:Post any Murder Island: Secret of Tantalus technical issues here only

[Post New]by cjpandie on Feb 21, 11 1:13 PM
[b]I didn't realize that a cobra would rattle like a rattle snake, hiss maybe but not rattle. Besides that, I cannot trap the darn thing because I didn't get the toy mouse. I know where I was suppose to get it but I didn't. I got the string at the ruins and there was a mouse there, was that suppose to be it? I guess I go back and retrace my steps. This game is confusing getting where you need to be. And the map doesn't help at all. Why not just click on the map and go where you need to go. But we can't make it that easy. So I will muddle through and try to find that mouse. Spending too much money on these games to be this confused.

 
Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

Re:Post any Murder Island: Secret of Tantalus technical issues here only

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Feb 21, 11 1:15 PM
Click on where you want to go then on "jump to" to go there. Two steps instead of one. Yellow dots have something to do.

 
WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

Re:Post any Murder Island: Secret of Tantalus technical issues here only

[Post New]by WilJul on Feb 21, 11 8:39 PM
cjpandie wrote:[b]I didn't realize that a cobra would rattle like a rattle snake, hiss maybe but not rattle. Besides that, I cannot trap the darn thing because I didn't get the toy mouse. I know where I was suppose to get it but I didn't. I got the string at the ruins and there was a mouse there, was that suppose to be it? I guess I go back and retrace my steps. This game is confusing getting where you need to be. And the map doesn't help at all. Why not just click on the map and go where you need to go. But we can't make it that easy. So I will muddle through and try to find that mouse. Spending too much money on these games to be this confused.

The toy mouse should be found...
SPOILER (highlight below to read):
...in a hidden object game, I believe in the spot between the beach rooms, outside of Brandon's room, if I'm remembering correctly.

And I'm with Mr_Russ, it's really not that complicated to jump from one location to another, two clicks is all it takes! I thought it was simple, fast and loved it!

 

Re:Post any Murder Island: Secret of Tantalus technical issues here only

[Post New]by 1tbear on Feb 28, 11 7:26 PM
DianeSS42 wrote:I put this message on the main forum - having problems with, I think, one of the last HOG's - I was trying to find the last gold Euro to put on the scale and the 'hint' button kept sending me to a spot right above the base of the scale - and nothing is there... tried all the 'hints' - PC is all up-to-date - then when I closed the game and started it again I found that the entire scale is missing - and I have gone back in several times... deleted and tried to re-install - to no avail! Maybe missing graphics are part of the game! ;-)
Diane


I'm having the same problem in the same HOG. Any suggestions??

 
 
 
 
Go to: