Re:Your Comments and Reviews for A Girl in the City

[Post New]by bettyboopy1 on Jan 31, 11 10:31 AM
just when i think i wont see any other game that is so absolutely lame and boring and hard to navigate i am wrong , whats up with the pizza thing makes no sense , cant navigate it , no skip button , i woudnt take this game if you gave it to me free. please get some games that we can see and play with enough hints and skip buttons on the stupid mini games , which i mostly find annoying , that s why i dont buy more games

[Post New]by africangreylady on Jan 31, 11 10:44 AM
I lasted about 10 minutes before . And the music didn't help keep me awake. What's with having to find 9 of the same object, then 9 more of another! The next location was finding multiples of another object! Boring! I didn't last long enough to discover a storyline. This one is a definite 'no-buy' for me.

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Jan 31, 11 10:55 AM
I have to say, the pink stilettos put me off without even trying the game. Yech.

However, I usually love HDO games, so I guess I will try it. They are ... different. And I like that. And it seems I usually like games no one else does. I guess I'm contrary. I'll let you know what I think...

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on Jan 31, 11 10:57 AM
Oh, my. I can't believe I hung in there for 15 minutes thinking the game would get better. It didn't. Guess I could have played longer but why when I have better games to entertain me. Besides, why put a puzzle in a game that the player is not going to win?! I'm really good at sliders and nailed the pizza one quickly only to be told I didn't get the job?! WTF is that about?!

Would I purchase this as DD? Nope. While this game may be fine for some - it's not for me.

doccat5
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by doccat5 on Jan 31, 11 11:45 AM
Boring, busy and a waste of time. Sorry, no buy on this one

mimiismags
Starfish
Starfish
55 Posts

[Post New]by mimiismags on Jan 31, 11 11:52 AM
I am windering how long this game is? I didn't find it that bad. It was a nice change from driving in a storm and my car breaking down or being in an asylum. I didn't have any timer so it wasn't that hard. You also gain hints by finding stars.

Rose151
Clownfish
Clownfish
520 Posts

[Post New]by Rose151 on Jan 31, 11 12:07 PM
As soon as I saw names of developers (so many?) that I didn't recognize I had a feeling this wouldn't be a game for me.
I played the demo and it worked fine on WIN 7 but when my time ran out I deleted it.
Another poster was right BF, you really have spoiled us this month! Thank you!

fireeyes5
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by fireeyes5 on Jan 31, 11 12:08 PM
Great thing about this game...you can adjust the brightness.
That's all folks. No buy for me!

moosie111
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by moosie111 on Jan 31, 11 12:25 PM
I liked this game as it was very interesting and different.

Does anyone know how long this game is?

I might consider buying if I knew.

Thanks ~ I hope someone can answer this.

moosie111
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by moosie111 on Jan 31, 11 12:30 PM
I was able to do the pizza slider puzzle.

I like sliders ~ maybe that is the secret to my success.

Happy gaming little fishies!

[Post New]by jvhjee on Jan 31, 11 12:45 PM
A definite no-buy for me.....maybe been spoilt with all the great games lately but this is not even close.

Sliding pizza puzzle did it for me - hate them & the skip time is too long.

Sorry fishies xxx

[Post New]by Taitter on Jan 31, 11 1:04 PM
Pretty much beat the game in the demo. Not my favorite game so far. Kinda got suckered in to the buy because I was already so far.

Very apparent that it wasn't written in the states due to the translation issues and the cheeseball scenarios she gets herself into.

Bink_In_AK
Minnow
Minnow
237 Posts

[Post New]by Bink_In_AK on Jan 31, 11 1:13 PM
It has already been said...

I can wait for the DD.

lilTweet7
Herring
Herring
333 Posts

[Post New]by lilTweet7 on Jan 31, 11 3:30 PM
Well, I'm undecided on this one. I made it in demo mode to the luncheon with a friend, and then got cut off. I like the uniqueness of the game, but feel it is too easy. Not sure how long it goes on, and wouldn't mind purchasing it, but only if it is not a quick game. I liked the mini games, as they were different from the usual seen in other games of late. Hmm, will perhaps wait for the credits due me, that are coming in Feb.

barbee44
Clownfish
Clownfish
667 Posts

[Post New]by barbee44 on Jan 31, 11 3:42 PM
Well... saved another 6.99..... no buy! I hope we can still get a few good games for 6.99...

Cobweb55
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by Cobweb55 on Jan 31, 11 3:55 PM
Way too many negative comments for my liking... most comments relate to my biggest pet peeves about games (except for the slider puzzle!! I LOVE those!). Gonna skip this one and hope that February brings an abundance of great games!! (one can hope...)

eddyatwork
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,169 Posts

[Post New]by eddyatwork on Jan 31, 11 4:06 PM
Thumbs down. I hated the crossword puzzle and ended up skipping it because I simply had no idea how to rotate the squares. No right click? Really?

Hated the story as well. If you're literally scrounging around your apartment for change to buy food then why are you buying flowers and wine? Why are you shelling out money for new clothes to impress a classmate? Wouldn't you be more likely to get ramen noodles than luxuries like that?

Also, there was a lot of double clicking because I'd click on an object and it wouldn't take it so I needed to double click.

[Post New]by carolemoore1961 on Jan 31, 11 4:26 PM
I agree with the majority here...dumb, dumb, dumb game. Think the cover for the game too is a direct rip-off of Sex In The City...that was my first thought when it came up as a new game. Have 33 minutes left of the demo...and that's just because I'm cooking dinner now and have left numerous times to flip stuff. Deleting now...

aliceh
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by aliceh on Jan 31, 11 4:36 PM
I couldn't get past a dark screen & music. Never has come on. Tried everything. I guess it's a no for me.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Jan 31, 11 4:37 PM
The game is just okay, much to easy to me and I prefer interactivity games (ihogs). For straight-hog-lovers a good game, but not for me

Go to: