Pat_ric_ia
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Jewel Keepers: Easter Island

[Post New]by Pat_ric_ia on Feb 6, 11 1:47 PM
Hi all, I wish I'd read Goofyduck77's review before downloading this game. I also love match 3 games but this one was far too frustrating for me. The latter levels seemed to go on and on and on ......... 'til I just couldn't stand it anymore. What a shame!
I liked the idea and the images but the actual game play was just not for me.
Hope some of you fishes manage to sort it. As for me? I'm off to pastures (or should I say ponds?) new. Love you Big Fish ...... you keep me sane (ish)!
Pat_ric_ia x

Peace1369
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by Peace1369 on Feb 8, 11 8:58 PM
Have to say this was a quick no sale for me for two reasons. Doubt if I would even buy this one on the 2.99 sale. They have this huge honkin cursor for the game that moves really jerky with no option to turn it off. When I have this problem in other games and am able to turn it off I usually find that the game then runs smoothly for me. The second reason is that you have to click both tiles instead of being able to click and slide. I couldn't even make it thru the one hour demo .

school451
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by school451 on Feb 10, 11 6:58 PM
TERRIBLE GAME! Slow response to cursor for moving tiles. Cursor seems to float. Can't beat a timed game that does not give a fair try. Glad I only paid $2.99 for this. Deleted after level 32.

[Post New]by FLAMEonfire on Mar 22, 11 9:01 AM
OK I read the other comments and maybe it me!

I play a lot of match 3 games just to pass the time - "Don't want to think - play a match 3 game" - But I keep some "higher skill" match 3 games encase I'm looking for a challenge too. Those are my "Jewel Quest" type of games - Today was a non-thinking day, I was looking for something just to pass some time. I found this game wasn't it! The "blocks" they used made the game more difficult because you had to move your game pieces into holes that are made when you clear out the game pieces under the "blocks"- So now you had to think about what to move into the empty areas. Then you get it all set up - And the Bombs blow it all apart - and you have to start all over again! [LOL]
The first couple of levels the timer give you SO MUCH time it was a joke to have it, then all of a sudden I was running out of time?! - I was surprised to say the least!

I liked this game and was surprised when I came here and started to read the forum's reviews....

If you like a game with a challenge - that you have to think about what's happening on the board - This is a good game! It's not pretty - it's not beautiful jeweled pieces that are all shiny and pretty. It's kind of dull and the "story line" is a laugh - But the game itself is worth you're time. I say play through the full hour on the demo and see for yourself if the challenge of having all your well laid plans being blown to bits and you having to start over again with a timer at your back your kind of game- I found it was mine!
I give it a "BUY"

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Feb 27, 12 6:51 AM
gimmegames wrote:
WolfenRaindancer wrote: I usually enjoy the demo on a game like this and then, after I buy, get frustrated when the timer runs out and I have to keep doing the same level over again, and this just repeats as each level becomes more difficult or time becomes shorter and I just don't care for that at all. I usually only play M3s when I am killing time while waiting for someone or something. Easy to play a few levels and pick up where I left off later. But have learned my lesson where timers are involved. Night all.

When timed match-3's get hard, start a new player profile and start again from the beginning. You're back to moving thru levels again, and often the experience you gain from it lets you play further than the first time through.

Now THAT suggestion sounds like a GOOD idea; I'll have to try that (since it's a DD today) and see if I can get to the completion of a timed game

MEnr56

[Post New]by Joto95 on Apr 15, 13 12:32 PM
I actually liked JKEI and have finished it several times now. I didn't have any tech probs or complaints - although there are a couple of really tough levels. My favorite spot is Level 12. Leave one of the lower squares blank (under the locked black squares). If you keep it blank, you can enter "infinite play" mode. It will keep giving you matches and I think you could play for millions of points - all you need it the time and patience. I have played Level 12 for hours, so I know. You never run out of time and you never run out of moves. Try it!

Go to: