Re:Your Comments and Reviews for: Behind the Reflection

[Post New]by africangreylady on Feb 3, 11 10:35 AM
This is a fairly simple, beginners level FROG/IFROG game. I'm not overly fond of FROGs, but this one is easy to assemble the pieces and find the objects. It's a little too easy! I got bored quickly and didn't find the storyline exciting enough to keep me playing. I had to mute the music as it got on my nerves. It's repetitive, very dramatic music that didn't fit well with the game. The mini-games can be skipped, but are simple to solve, however, I felt there were too many of them. If you're looking for a game just to relax, without killing brain cells trying to figure out what to do next, then this is a good game. I think I'll wait till it comes out as a DD to buy.

Edited on 02/03/2011 at 10:36:54 AM PST

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Feb 3, 11 10:59 AM

No buy...I was glad when the trial ended

Just a series of puzzles, HOG and FROGs with no real story or unifying premise.

Edited on 02/03/2011 at 11:57:03 AM PST

bumblebea
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by bumblebea on Feb 3, 11 11:10 AM
barbee44 wrote:
cherbtoo wrote:Well this has put a smile on my face today as I enjoy playing this type of game and I like the puzzles so far but am glad to see that they come with a skip button should I get stuck on any in the future.

Have fun everyone .

Cherb

I agree... I like the game because it is a bit different than your run-of-the-mill. The beginning reminded me strongly of another game about a year ago that began with a mom taking her kids on vacation and they ran into a haunted house with mirrors... anyone else remember that one?

Anyway, it's a buy for me as I love FROGS and this is a FROG/IHOG/HOG game with the type of varied puzzles I like. For you pipe puzzle fans, there is a nice one in the demo.

No cons for me... so far I liked everything. At first I thought it was too easy, and some of the items were blatantly unhidden, while some eluded me for quite some time. I am not ashamed to admit I had to use the hint button to find a few items that were well hidden. (Yes, I used it to find the last zodiac sign!)

Music was appropriate and not blaring, the graphics were fine and I loved the pointer. The game behaved well too.

I'll be buying this one. It is definitely worth trying. A lot of you are saying it's too easy, but easy is a good change of pace for me and easy doesn't mean it isn't fun.
If the game play is diversified and being easy doesn't put me off the game at all. It makes me feel brilliant.

bumblebea
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by bumblebea on Feb 3, 11 11:12 AM
biomix wrote:I very much like this game. I love IFROGS. It is not too easy for me. I like the graphics and the music is pleasant, not pressuring.
Good story line. Lots of minis/puzzles that are just right for me right now.
Have not run into any bugs thus far but if do I am not worried as BFG always helps out any way they can.
I am using one of my punchcard coupons on this one.
Thank you Alawar.

Sadeyed
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by Sadeyed on Feb 3, 11 11:42 AM
This wasn't too bad. Not the best game I have ever played, but definitely not the worst.

I really like mini games and there are plenty of those, but they are a little on the easy side, would have been nice to have some that were a bit more challenging.

Main criticism is the sound effects. I quite often turn the music down but I do like to hear some sort of effect when I click on something, so I always leave the sound effects on. But the ones on here were driving me crazy. I would have thrown my headset if I could have afforded a new one.

Other than that it was playable and reasonably enjoyable.

Edited on 02/03/2011 at 11:44:14 AM PST

[Post New]by Mosey_Louise on Feb 3, 11 12:21 PM
Hi - just wanted to jump in that I wasn't going to try this after reading the first few hours of reviews, but gave it a chance, and I really like it! I bought it after finishing the demo, and in m opinion it has become more interesting. I love the creative settings and the fantasy sense of the drawings, and I really enjoy the FROG puzzles. I don't find it as easy as some posters - yes, the minipuzzles for the most part are easy, and you can skip them if you'd like. The hint comes back very quickly. I never listen to sound so I can't comment on that. So, thumbs up from me!

SnowMeow
Stingray
Stingray
5,934 Posts

[Post New]by SnowMeow on Feb 3, 11 12:45 PM
Thanks for the reviews! I'm going to try it, I have to admit i'm easy to please. Great day!!!
SnowMeow (Calif.)

[Post New]by WiccanWoman530 on Feb 3, 11 1:50 PM
Well after the mixed reviews I had a quick try.. right up my ally. Nice IHOG/FROG to play in between a more difficult HOG or my new Match 3 quest for one that suits me. I like the fact its not just a FROG only, with HOG scenes and lots of mini games that I don't have to skip..that always makes me feel like a game is a waste of if I can't even make it through the mini games.

The story seems OK.. I like hokey lol.. then again I always like the odd novel or movie that ends up in the bargain bin.

Its worth a PC credit for me. Will update more when finished.

Happy gaming all!

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Feb 3, 11 1:54 PM
Goofyduck pretty well summed up my thoughts on the game. I liked the graphics and it was an easy play. I don't like the "fan" type finding objects, but this one was better than most. I liked the way you traveled between scenes to find things. The sounds and music were Ok, but sometimes I just had to turn the volume down.

Everything worked fine for me in the 40 min that I played. There were a lot of puzzles which I like and I had fun with those. Looks like a fun, easy play for some relaxing moments.

PS I did have to raise brightness to lighten scenes so I could see things clearly.

Edited on 02/03/2011 at 1:56:03 PM PST

lvfao
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
499 Posts

[Post New]by lvfao on Feb 3, 11 2:33 PM
i am not liking this game. it seems rather juvenile and sophomoric. and to paraphrase Randy Jackson, it seemed a little glitchy to me, dog. kind of a no-brainer, which is fine sometimes, but i didn't enjoy the play, was bored and often annoyed. and when i caught up with the stolen boy, i was wondering why anyone would want him back. had the appearance of a future serial killer...

[Post New]by pinchy_wayne on Feb 3, 11 2:36 PM
Thanks for the 411, CasualGran. Really appreciate it

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Feb 3, 11 3:24 PM
The graphics are okay. The gameplay is IHOG with HOG and minigames. The storyline is okay, but it doesn't keep ones interest for long.

This game is a C.

kristidumplin
Manatee
Manatee
3,656 Posts

[Post New]by kristidumplin on Feb 3, 11 3:25 PM
I have never been a FROG enthusiast, although I have found a game or two where I've really enjoyed it...this isn't one. I read all of the reviews and decided to give it a try and I just found the whole 20 minutes I played to be quite annoying. I think it's a "me" thing - NOT the game. I didn't care for the story - I didn't care for the FROG thing - I'm one of those who like to find one thing - not several pieces of something to make something else. I don't mind a few of those things in a game, but not a whole game of them. The 20 minutes that I played got me from her losing the child to getting what she needed to move on - I used the hint button a couple of times to see how long it took to recharge, then forgot to time the thing..lol...but it seemed fairly quick. About the time I thought it was time to get going, I'd have to find several pieces of something else that had little if anything to do with the story.

Graphics were fine - stuff was pretty easy to find.
Music - I turned it down a bit, but I do that with all of my games.
Story - rather hokie and something seen so many times
On a 1 to 10 scale - I give the game about a 4 - but those who really like FROG's may really enjoy the game.

dcairns
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by dcairns on Feb 3, 11 4:09 PM
For lack of very many good games lately, I used a coupon on this one. It was okay, a bit too easy and not very challenging (for me anyway). It lasted a couple hours so for a free coupon, worth it.

I would love to see a good challenging game that isn't a CE first. It used to be that CE's were a rarity, now they seem to be the norm.

For those who like this game, enjoy!

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Feb 3, 11 5:00 PM
I thought the iHOG was a good game and something a little different. I guess you might find it boring if you are into the hard HOG's but it was refreshing for me to be able to enjoy the puzzles and have some relaxing time.

[Post New]by nemo10 on Feb 3, 11 5:24 PM
I actually really enjoyed this game. I am kinda tired of werewolves and ghosts so this was a nice change. It was very simple, but fun!!

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Feb 3, 11 6:15 PM
I bought and played the game on Jan 1st, and I was disappointed, It was too easy for the most part, with bits of difficulty thrown in, and I thought it was kinda short. But I wanted a hog and I got one, lol.

brooklynblonde
Guppy
Guppy
175 Posts

[Post New]by brooklynblonde on Feb 3, 11 6:54 PM
This is on my DD list-it's a nice way to pass some time, not too hard, cute story. I like it, but not enough to buy right now.

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Feb 3, 11 7:28 PM
barbee44 wrote:
elldee2728 wrote:I think this is just an "average" effort on Alawar's part--in my experience, they're known for better games than this one.

Well, think of it this way... if it were better than average it would be twice the price.

I'm just comparing it to great (IMHO) ones like "Snark Busters..." and "Twisted Lands...". Only measuring "quality," not BFG's pricing structure.

VTCT
Clownfish
Clownfish
591 Posts

[Post New]by VTCT on Feb 3, 11 8:28 PM
Another game without the walkthrough. Are you on a merry go round or stuck in park.

Go to: