mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Phantasmat

[Post New]by mcurty on Feb 8, 11 8:20 AM
puppykins wrote:I love the game ....but...I got all the piano keys but only 4 registered in my inventory so now what do I do? I can't play the piano without all the piano keys.

Read the topic "Are you missing inventory items..."

emmyjayne
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,375 Posts

[Post New]by emmyjayne on Feb 8, 11 10:20 AM
Definitely one of the best games I've ever played. Creative, awesome graphics, etc. I've played through the game a few times now to get all the achievements and enjoyed it every time.

seahorsequeen
Guppy
Guppy
143 Posts

[Post New]by seahorsequeen on Feb 8, 11 12:20 PM
Got over my disappointment at having to start again when I had reached level 14,have now finished the game and I've got to say that it's one of the best I have played in quite a long time.I absolutely love it and the novelty of the match3 is great.I actually liked interacting with the characters for once,roll on number 2.I've got a theory can't wait to see if I'm right.Happy gaming fishy people.

[Post New]by NancySusan on Feb 8, 11 2:09 PM
I also enjoyed this game, although for some reason it froze on me twice (I posted that to technical issues), but I liked the acting, which I don't usually, although I thought the male actor doing the hotel owner was seriously over the top, but what the heck. The music was great if a little (or a lot) Phantom of the Operaish, the scenes were quite good, and the story was good and pretty engrossing; even guessing where it was all going, still it was pretty creepy and rather sad. I also took maybe 7 hours to play it. I loved being able to go to Match 3 for the final one or two items on the HOG's when I was stuck, particularly since on Challenge mode you are penalized for using hints; being able to go to M3 meant that the penalties would go away quicker, reverting to a faster recharge time, but doing the M3's was quite fun as a change -- great idea. I was able to get through the game without going to the walkthrough by a combination of checking the Tasks (although often it didn't show the current task, which was weird) and using the hint button (which nicely guided you where to go or what to do next), and the usual wandering all over looking for an HOG scene or a character to interact with. Really good game.

SabreQueen
Clownfish
Clownfish
658 Posts

[Post New]by SabreQueen on Feb 8, 11 4:43 PM
Just finished the 1st time. Can't wait to play again. Regardless of if there are alternate endings this is def the best game in a long time. I'd say Game ofthe Year but the year has just started and that would be too sad if there was nothing in the rest of the year to even challenge that!

MORE dear developers MORE please!!!!

doneganart
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by doneganart on Feb 8, 11 10:40 PM
This has got to be one of the top 5 HOG games I have ever played, if not the best. Graphic were great and a lot of mystery to it that I really enjoyed. A+ grade from me. The match 3 games were a nice bonus!

greytgal
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by greytgal on Feb 9, 11 8:12 AM
After reading several reviews before playing this game, I was a little disappointed in the graphics. I have played quite a few HOG and LF games so maybe I am just getting jaded, lol!

I also am not crazy about games that use the exact same objects over and over in the HOG scenes---so when you are asked to find a hair clip, for example, it is the same hair clip that you found before. Same teddy bear, same button over and over.(BTW, does anyone else think games tend to use one particular item a whole lot? I think this game developer really, really liked buttons! I have noticed in previous games that you are asked to find one particular thing like an umbrella in the majority of the HOG areas. There always comes a point in the game where I think "oh yeah, this developer likes swords"--or whatever.) Anyway, I love when the items look different each time or use word play such as a "bat" or "glasses".

And last but not least---a real pet peeve, especially because this game had not 2, but 3 playing levels, why oh why when you are promised that you will be "on your own" are they still telling you what to do and where to go? I played this game on level 3 and was certainly not on my own at any point. sigh.

BUT---all that being said, this game was fun and well worth buying and I enjoyed my time playing it. I will probably play it again trying to use the M3 option the most which was a great idea and really adds to the replay value.

[Post New]by Signing2Worship on Feb 9, 11 9:53 AM
I have played the trials for both CE and regular but I really don't see a difference. What's in the CE that isn't in the regular?

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Feb 9, 11 10:16 AM
@Signing2Worship -- On page 2 of this forum is a topic CE v/s SE -- it has all the info there.

mary102696
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mary102696 on Feb 9, 11 3:08 PM
I love this game. This is the first dark and creepy interactive HOG I've ever played. I like the graphics, the story line and it's not too difficult. Now I did lose my teacup when I activated it after the trial so I had to start over. But still, I'd rate this 5 stars. I'm really surprised though how much I like this game. I've always been a time management, strategy or straight up HOG scenes person. {edit} I was having a problem with dialing the phone but that has been cleared up.

Edited on 02/09/2011 at 9:41:42 PM PST

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Feb 9, 11 3:22 PM
@mary102696
You shouldn't have to start over if you mis-dialed the phone. You can just dial it again over and over until you get the right number. As I recall, the coin just stays there and lets you dial as much as you want.

Sorry you downgraded the game because of BigFish's activation problems. This game doesn't have that problem when downloaded from developer.

Edited on 02/09/2011 at 3:24:40 PM PST

mary102696
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mary102696 on Feb 9, 11 3:33 PM
@mcurty. I've tried to dial the correct number a couple of times now and it says your call can't be completed as dialed.

I've been a game member for years but until recently hadn't really been in the forums. I love all you fishies. Thanks for your response mcurty

Edited on 02/09/2011 at 3:40:33 PM PST

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Feb 9, 11 3:40 PM
Are you talking about the phone in the town ruins? Have you dialed the correct number? The one found on the phone? The message you got is the one that is usually heard when the number is dialed incorrectly.

SPOILER!!! Highlight between smilies to read:
The number is SECRET

mary102696
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mary102696 on Feb 9, 11 4:05 PM
Yes I dialed it several times after I messed it up the first time. But if you guys think I'll be successful I'll keep trying. I just don't want to start all the way over from the beginning.

Well after retrying a bunch of times it finally worked thanks guys and I'll be updating my review. I'm still tickled how much I like this game. I've demoed others like it and didn't like them at all.

Edited on 02/09/2011 at 9:39:46 PM PST

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Feb 9, 11 5:02 PM
One other question, mary,
Did you put the coin in the phone? Did you dial the spoiler
letters - secret ?

I dialed wrong a few times too, but then when I dialed them right, the call went through. I can't imagine what is happening with your game -- unless you were at this spot when you purchased and activated the game from BF. Sometimes that can cause weird things. And the only fix that I know for that problem is to start over with a new profile.
m

PS You may want to exit out of the game and restart. Sometimes that can help.

@mary -- So glad you got it to work. Great that you were able to enjoy the rest of the game!!

Edited on 02/11/2011 at 9:48:10 AM PST

[Post New]by sprouthouse on Feb 9, 11 5:25 PM
I LOVED this game. The storyline is good and the puzzles are great! I can't wait for the sequel! I'm picky about games and I found this one to be a winner! Not too easy and not too hard. I wish it would have been a little longer though. The hidden object part is not boringly tedius like most hidden object games. There was a good mix of puzzles that were pretty frequent. Overall, I thought it was well balanced and it held my attention. RECOMMEND IT!!

euphoria
Herring
Herring
386 Posts

[Post New]by euphoria on Feb 10, 11 3:02 AM
Absolutely brilliant. Superb graphics? Check. Superb voice acting? Check. Compelling storyline? Check. Decent length? Check. Logical puzzles? Check.

Things I love: that it tells you what percentage of the game you've completed. That you have an alternative (and fun) way to complete HOG scenes. That your hand isn't held, but the hint button gives you a clue in case you go astray. That the puzzles are difficult enough without being frustrating. That you get trophies for certain accomplishments. That you simply can't wait to see how it ends!

I would say this is right up there with RTR & Madame Fate, except I think in many ways it has surpassed even those. Absolutely brilliant.

Bevwhiskey
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by Bevwhiskey on Feb 10, 11 6:41 AM
Really enjoyed this game, played the demo for the C/E but decided to wait for the "regular" version. So glad I bought it, I enjoyed it immensely. Played in HOG version, so will play again in the difficult setting in match 3. 2 games for the price of 1! BONUS!!!

BlueOctober
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by BlueOctober on Feb 11, 11 6:44 AM
REALLY enjoyed this game! I thought the graphics were great, and the storyline was fun. The voiceovers were some of the better ones I've heard in a long time in a game.

I love that they give you the option of playing either HOG or M3...what a great concept!

I think my only complaints in the game are 1) that during either the HOG or M3, the music got so loud and obnoxious, I had to mute just to keep from losing my mind. LOL And 2) it was a tad on the short side for me, but I'll play it again on difficult.

Other than that, I give this game a 9 out of 10.

EMS71
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by EMS71 on Feb 11, 11 8:44 AM
I LOVE,LOVE LOVE this game,great story, great graphics , and lasts, welldone BF,

Go to: