Re:Post any Virtual Villagers: New Believers technical issues here only

[Post New]by dcg106 on Mar 10, 11 9:20 PM
My Chief disappeared and now I am unable to give the necklace to him. When you drop a villager on the necklace it states that the "Chief is not at home." Will I be able to finish the game? I can't seem to find all of the items to pick up and I'm wondering if this is why. If you drop a villager in the area he was sitting at it says, "The Chief is thinking about his daughter." Any advice?

[Post New]by kalanessa on Mar 12, 11 6:33 AM
I have the same problem as pinkbudgie; I've never had a heathen Building Master. My wife has a seperate tribe going and has the Building Master but in my game there just wasn't one down there. I can't win the building contest, so no necklace piece, no puzzle completion and on and on. Is this just a glitch?

Edit: After thinking about this for a minute, I realized something; very, VERY early in my game, I had a random event where a heathen 'turncoat' had the option of joining my tribe. Now I recall that this character, who I allowed to join, was a Master Builder. Is this a problem with the game, wherein this random event can select the heathen Masters early on and negate them from fulfilling their role later in the game?

Edited on 03/12/2011 at 6:42:27 AM PST

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Mar 12, 11 1:02 PM
I think you hit the nail right on the head - there are some events that can make the purple masks and even the chief join your tribe before you completed the puzzles. I've heard rumours about a new version of the game having fixed this problem, though...

Pinkbudgie
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by Pinkbudgie on Mar 14, 11 6:48 AM
That must be it. If that's true, it is odd that it never occured to anyone making the game that you shouldn't let the heathen masters convert too soon. Or at least, have another heathen take his place. I started over but kept that original game going just to see what happens. I can't ever win that game. I will be careful in my new game to try not to allow converts during an event.

[Post New]by aNormalGirl on Mar 19, 11 9:19 PM
On my "main" tribe, I've completed most of the trophies and just working on mastering all skills. But... now all my pregnant women, even those that have NOT been made younger, are stuck on being pregnant for 123 on the fast option, 246 on normal, 410 on slow. I had paused my other tribes to finish this one, but resumed one with 2 pregnant women - for 1, the time has gone down to 0, but she is still carrying the baby. An earlier posts states that the developers chose not to fix this - is that true? If so, it is total BS!

Warbaby
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Warbaby on Mar 23, 11 11:39 AM
Something really weird really happened yesterday after I logged out of the game. I always pause the game because I really don't want any 'disasters' happening when I'm not around to do my godly duties. Before I logged off I paired up 5 females with males to make 5 mummies to convert the mummy heathen, which worked just fine.

However, when I logged on this morning I unpaused the game, as usual, and checked out my new mummies. Oddly, I now had a total of 7 mummies, not 5, one of them was my favourite master builder, that I want to keep child free in order to demolish the Mausoleum as quickly as possible, the other mummy was/is a 20 year old male who is one of my master scientists. I did not have his parenting box ticked so how and why he came to give birth I'm not privy to. When I logged on I had the same percentage of tech points, food, energy and the same percentage of progress on demolishing the Mausoleum that I had when I had paused the game and logged off the night before.

Does anyone know if this is a known bug?

Warbaby
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Warbaby on Mar 27, 11 11:31 AM
Another glitch seems to have arisen with VV New Believers, I cannot seem to make further progress with upgrading the statue. When I try to put a builder on to carry on with the building, I get the message "Further tech needs to be collected", the thing is I'm maxed out with my tech for the statue.

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Mar 27, 11 3:44 PM
Have you upgraded both your construction and devotion technologies?

Warbaby
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Warbaby on Mar 29, 11 9:11 AM
SeverineSnape wrote:Have you upgraded both your construction and devotion technologies?

Thanks for that. I've upgraded my construction tech and the builders are busily slaving away now to complete the statue.

[Post New]by squeakandmuffin on Mar 31, 11 7:51 PM
Warbaby wrote:Something really weird really happened yesterday after I logged out of the game. I always pause the game because I really don't want any 'disasters' happening when I'm not around to do my godly duties. Before I logged off I paired up 5 females with males to make 5 mummies to convert the mummy heathen, which worked just fine.

However, when I logged on this morning I unpaused the game, as usual, and checked out my new mummies. Oddly, I now had a total of 7 mummies, not 5, one of them was my favourite master builder, that I want to keep child free in order to demolish the Mausoleum as quickly as possible, the other mummy was/is a 20 year old male who is one of my master scientists. I did not have his parenting box ticked so how and why he came to give birth I'm not privy to. When I logged on I had the same percentage of tech points, food, energy and the same percentage of progress on demolishing the Mausoleum that I had when I had paused the game and logged off the night before.

[Post New]by squeakandmuffin on Mar 31, 11 7:54 PM
I haven't had the exact problem, but something similar. If you nee your Master Builder really quickly and have not already figured out another strategy, try using the time warp on her. The have their babies in half the usual time. Too bad I didn't know about that trick when i was having all of mine - really - in real life!

[Post New]by jfoster2004 on Apr 4, 11 9:07 PM
Warbaby wrote:Something really weird really happened yesterday after I logged out of the game. I always pause the game because I really don't want any 'disasters' happening when I'm not around to do my godly duties. Before I logged off I paired up 5 females with males to make 5 mummies to convert the mummy heathen, which worked just fine.

That's really weird, so was the kid ever born to that man and who does it say his/her parents are...2 men?

Warbaby
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Warbaby on Apr 6, 11 11:13 AM
Weird sure! Yep that villager went full term and gave birth to a bouncy baby boy. He's back now working on the 'chain gang' of industrious builders. I put him on building duties hoping it would make him a little more 'butch'

Edited on 04/06/2011 at 11:16:28 AM PST

Warbaby
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Warbaby on Apr 6, 11 11:34 AM
squeakandmuffin wrote:I haven't had the exact problem, but something similar. If you nee your Master Builder really quickly and have not already figured out another strategy, try using the time warp on her. The have their babies in half the usual time. Too bad I didn't know about that trick when i was having all of mine - really - in real life!

LOL - I did as you suggested - she is on her second pregnancy atm - and got her gestation period down from 93 mins to 21 in one application of the power. Was really funny to watch her as she is one of the speediest runners and doubled up real quick.

[Post New]by Cabbagepatcher on Apr 9, 11 7:06 AM
I often have trouble closing this game down. Even if I close down the game manager completely I still have an icon in my taskbar showing that the game is running. I can't start any other games because I get the message saying another game is still running, but if I click on the icon the game doesn't open. I have to kill it off in the task manager. I run Windows 7.

[Post New]by Sportz_Chick on Apr 24, 11 7:00 PM
Have redownloaded this game several times and I do not have any sound at all. All my other games purchases here are fine with no problems but this game I am finding has several which have already been mentioned by other players. NO SOUND OR VOLUME AT ALL.... Any help would be gratefully appreciated....

Thanks...

[Post New]by lilprincessred13 on May 3, 11 5:59 PM
I've lost over a hundred energy from the time I quit earlier today until just now... I was so close to the earthquake amount too!!! Is this a glitch? I didn't use any of my powers before I quit the game.

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on May 3, 11 6:39 PM
lilprincessred13 wrote:I've lost over a hundred energy from the time I quit earlier today until just now... I was so close to the earthquake amount too!!! Is this a glitch? I didn't use any of my powers before I quit the game.
Did any of your villagers die? If your population goes down, so does your divine energy.

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on May 19, 11 9:16 AM
Hey Fishies!

Just wanted to pop in and let you know that we've released a new version of Virtual Villagers: New Believers that fixes the issue with the missing characters throughout the game.

You can get the newest version by uninstalling and reinstalling your game. Here is a link to our help article for PC and Mac:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

**If you haven't purchased the game yet, find the game and reinstall the trial version (when available) to play any remaining minutes.

If you continue to have any problems with this game, you can contact our Customer Support team for more assistance. Just click on the green on the right to get to our Help pages, and if you still need assistance, click Contact Us to the bottom-left of the screen to submit a help ticket.

Hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

[Post New]by bizeeb on May 19, 11 7:50 PM
mnkygrl23 wrote:I have a child that has been stuck at age 12 for at least four hours, despite trying the game on different speed settings. There is also a nursing mother who has been nursing for at least 3 hours and it still shows she has over another hour to go. Never had these issues with any of the other Virtual Villager games. I need more adults who can work!!!

I have the same problem, been playing the game for about 3 days now & my female got pregant & has been pregnant since the beginning of the game.
I am almost finished with all the puzzles, just have to do the earth quake.
Also my children are not aging. I'm very concerned about the pregnant females since I had to grow the tribe to increase my power capacity, but now it seems like the pregnant females will be pregnant forever.
I am beginning to think I wasted my money on this game.
Also it seems that 800 pts is a little too much for the earthquake since its so hard to increase the capacity of the power. I am now at 540 unable to get anyone else pregnant & have found all the collectibles. There's nothing else to do to increase the capacity.

But LDW please come up with another solution to the children not aging & the pregnancies lasting 4ever! Thanks in advance

Go to: