lkp33
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Virtual Villagers: New Believers

[Post New]by lkp33 on Mar 3, 11 11:05 PM
I enjoyed all of the other VV games but this one. It is way tooooo slow especially trying to get Master builders I have started over 4 times now by the time you have a master builder there too old and die. I don't like this game at all if I don't succeed this time I give up. I'm glad I did'nt waste 19.99 on it. You really should develope the game a bit more before introducing it.

lkp33
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

[Post New]by lkp33 on Mar 3, 11 11:08 PM
By reading more of these replies you have quite a few disappointed gamers with this latest VV game and I'm one of them.

Rosebud217
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by Rosebud217 on Mar 5, 11 10:18 PM
I've played the last 4 all the way through. This one, I'm grateful that things progress a little quicker. Sick to death of Rascal, that annoying little wanna-be Heathen!!! Any way to kill him off? Ha Ha!
My main concern, is that I'll end up like the previous game, where I accomplished all the trophies, and never made the population requirement!

[Post New]by dottiecom0 on Mar 7, 11 3:58 PM
I loved the game, I did get aggravated with the heathens though. I cant wait untill the next one comes out.

[Post New]by Cabbagepatcher on Mar 9, 11 12:25 AM
I'm surprised at some of the negative reviews. I didn't find it any slower than the previous ones and I thought this one was better than Tree of Life, which bored me after a short while, especially with trying to catch those ridiculous crabs, and I do NOT miss the potions one little bit.(On the one hand we have people complaining it's same-old same-old, and on the other we have people complaining about familiar things not being there, so it's a no-win for LDOW really!) To me the potions WERE a slow, monotonous feature. I also thought the conversion of the heathens added something different - I understand that some people don't like this concept though, but they're just little computer people, not real ones.... The power-ups added a different dimension, too - I think LDOW has made a successful effort to make this one more interesting.

deijiara
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by deijiara on Mar 11, 11 5:07 PM
I have to admit I did the demo, and based off the demo, I won't be buying this game. I have played and enjoyed a lot of the other VV games. Those required you to set up a few actions, but you could still wander off and leave the game to its own devices. This however requires a constant monitoring. It took a long time to realize that I was never going to be allowed anywhere near the only firewood source without a lot of trickery, and it took almost five minutes of work with 5 adult villagers to smash a totem because they kept getting chased off. Frankly, this is one that I see as being far most demanding and much more of a time sink. I have World of Warcraft for that! Sound is, as usual, annoying at worst and repetitive at best. If I had to say I was sorry about something, it's the being dumb enough to always do the demo doesn't net you more than a box of text. Won't buy this one.

Rosebud217
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by Rosebud217 on Mar 11, 11 8:35 PM
I've played all versions of Virtual Villagers to the very end, and this one was the least interesting. For sure, those heathens were quite annoying...just as much as that going to push the boulder senario in a previous version!

My main complaint, is that I managed to do the puzzles well before the first generation of villagers had died. There was nothing left to do except keep teaching others to gain abilities. Granted, I still had the annoying heathens to contend with...but, was this really worth my time and effort?

All in all, I enjoyed the previous versions because you had a relationship with the villagers, and lived with them though several generations. This version, I barely got to know them!!!

kaluca
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by kaluca on Mar 16, 11 2:37 PM
I really love this game, I've played all of them and this is by far my favorite. I already finished the game twice and I was wondering if anyone knows of anything similar to the VV games?

Thanks and Happy playing!

Edited on 03/16/2011 at 2:39:33 PM PST

[Post New]by ovacus on Mar 18, 11 8:53 AM
I was so happy to see a new Virtual villagers. Hope you have another one in the works. I found this one very easy compared to the others. I wish it would have been more of a challenge. I understand by reading comments on message boards that the majority of game players prefer not to be so challenged. Dont understand why but to each there own. Please remember when making the next game that there are some of us that do prefer to be challenged. If this version there really was no need for many children since by the time they grow up you have finished the game. All the other games you needed those children and needed them to grown up so you could use them for work to help completed challenges, gain tech points, etc. With this version, you do not need much population to completed the entire game. There was not even time to get connected with any of your villagers or look forward to the little ones growing up and have little ones of their own. That was the most disappointing. I was able to figure out all the puzzles without delay or help. I like getting stuck on a puzzle once in awhile and having to think it through. So that was disappointing that is be so obvious that the creators of this game are now catering to the lazy game player. Please do not forget about us that love a challenge when making the next version and I hope it will not be long since this one was just a tease which just left you craving for a new game to be released. Its like we never really got a new version.

Edited on 03/18/2011 at 8:59:30 AM PST

nanekochan
Minnow
Minnow
261 Posts

[Post New]by nanekochan on Apr 11, 11 5:36 PM
I've now played all the Virtual Villagers games and this game was both more and less interesting than the others. Every individual building project took less time and fewer things depended on them being completed to progress in the game, than in VV4 and VV3 especially. At the same time there was more of them. There were also more things to do for the builders so they could progress...like in one previous game I had to start over because I didn't have enough master builders before all projects were completed. Still there was quite the delay before I could get 2 or 3 master builders which caused the game to drag in the middle. Food was constantly a problem in the beginning but I don't think it was as bad as some of the earlier games.

The most annoying thing about the Devotion skill is that once you've converted all the blue heathens, I have not been able to figure out a way to get the villagers started from scratch (or even from barely started) on this skill. Is there no where to drop them so they can practice?

And the medical area is entirely too small, especially the part where you can drop characters to get them to study medicine.

At first I thought the scenario for this game was really interesting, because I get to interact with an "opposing" faction, but especially after a certain point these guys constantly hampered my efforts and caused me to lose artifacts and food to the point that I had to constantly watch the game's progress. So this game was ultimately the most time-consuming version, I couldn't just let the game go without my constantly having to intervene.

There are one or two things that have been bugging me since the beginning of these games and I don't know why something so simple couldn't have been changed early on, but on the character information page, why can't it tell me whether I've achieved Master status or not without my having to go back and check the main game playing area? And when they have achieved Esteemed Elder status, you have to guess about whether they have gotten far enough to be a Master in any new areas. This has frustrated me since the beginning. At least this time they put in arrows on the main game page to flip through all your characters without having to constantly change views.

[Post New]by MrsW_2007 on Apr 18, 11 11:58 AM
I have played every V V game so far so I was excited when a new one came out. However after playing it I realize that there are no plants to discover, no cooking, no potions... The new one was VERY different from all of the others. I did find the heathens a nice touch and other new things made the game very challenging. I am still disappointed though. It's just too different from the rest and the whole game just revolves around the irritating heathens and nothing really interesting to discover.

Edited on 04/18/2011 at 11:59:32 AM PST

[Post New]by Random1___3 on Apr 26, 11 2:01 PM
Personally, I had only one problem with this-

I BELIEVE IN FREEDOM OF RELIGON.

And I'm an atheist. So both converting people to my religion while playing "God" and calling people who don't think like you do heathens slightly angers me. If I had a hundred bucks for every time I'd heard anyone say one group of religous people were heathens, I'd be broke.

Edited on 04/26/2011 at 2:02:40 PM PST

Goldgrl87
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by Goldgrl87 on May 21, 11 3:04 PM
I am not gonna buy this game, I wanted to buy something other than a hidden object game or a time management game so I tried this out and it was not good. It was way too slow and the tutorial did not help at all, i feel the same way about another virtual villagers game.

Goldgrl87
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by Goldgrl87 on May 22, 11 6:30 PM
[i] This game was really boring, I tried this and another V V game and I didn't like either and it took forever to get certain things done.

Alpaca210
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by Alpaca210 on Jun 4, 11 2:47 PM
what a stupid stupid,,, BORING Game,,,,, waste ov money,,,,,

Rosebud217
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by Rosebud217 on Jun 22, 11 8:01 PM
I've mastered every Virtual Villagers until this one. The fact that the females are better left for dead leaves me uneasy. They are useless after a single lifetime, while the men can continue after being reborn. Why the women continue for many years to remain pregnant escapes me...It is confusing if you didn't put an asterisk next their name to remind you that they were in a second life.

This was also the most boring of the series. I have no idea what the goal is, like in latter versions, where you sought for treasure beneath a rock, or merely gained totems for becoming an esteemed elder.

I had hoped for more from this version, and I think it's a bust. Waste of time and money!

Rosebud217
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by Rosebud217 on Jun 22, 11 8:03 PM
PS: What is the actual outcome supposed to be?

I doubt that anyone has made it that far!!!

[Post New]by margreet58 on Jul 7, 11 11:44 AM
Ik merk dat ik niet de enige Nederlander ben die hier op het forum zit. Zou het niet fijn zijn als we dit gewoon in het Nederlands doen. Een van de medewerkers hier Nina komt uit Nederland en ook zei vind het jammer dat er nog niets in het nederlands wordt geschreven. Dus bij deze doe ik een oproep voor alle spelletjes, De tree of live kan ik al veel duidelijk beandwoorden, met de vv new believers schiet ik ook al op, ik moet de begraafplaats nog, dus ben nog wel even bezig,maar zeg maar zo waar voor je geld gr Margreet Harderwijk

kathiebee
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by kathiebee on Jul 27, 11 10:14 PM
I didn't think I would like it at first, but after trying it for a little while, I really got into it. Some people don't like it because it isn't challenging enough, but I am not always up for a challenge! Sometimes I like to just sit back and take it easy, and enjoy the game without it hurting my poor old brain too much!

I am not dissapointed in this version of Virtual Villagers. Thoroughly enjoying it.

Any more?

Cultistmum
Guppy
Guppy
162 Posts

[Post New]by Cultistmum on Sep 11, 11 8:40 AM
I have played all the VV games and I have to say I think I have enjoyed this one no more and no less than any other. I was glad they decided to do something different instead of potion hunting, I was rather sick of that (it was at its most tedious on VV3), and I didn't feel the kind of offence others seem to have over the God aspect of it - it is just a game, after all. The Rascal was bloody irritating, and I think was a bit too much, but I liked the challenge of converting the heathens and indeed of getting at the totems, wood, food and so on, without them botching it up for you. It made me think about ways of using the god powers to achieve my aims more. And that I think was better, because in the past my role has really been limited to working out what to drop the villagers on and when, and setting preferences. On the other hand there were not enough puzzles, or at least they were completed too quickly, and as others have said that meant less time connecting with the villagers and getting interested in them. I would have liked to see some change on the population thing - letting you upgrade huts to hold more people, for instance. And a temple where they could study Devotion would have been nice.

Edited on 09/11/2011 at 8:40:31 AM PST

Go to: