Re:Post any Stray Souls: Dollhouse Story Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by keames56 on Feb 11, 11 12:31 PM
The problem I get is that the map and the mini games don't appear at all, I can still see the main game pages but the game is saying that I have the mini-game up! If I click on the sides of the screen I can move about as normal but the view hasn't changed at all, very strange!

Re:Post any Stray Souls: Dollhouse Story Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by cinco52 on Feb 11, 11 3:14 PM
Error access violation and game terminates on the opening scene-I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling-same problem, same place; I, too., am getting fed up with Big Fish-more often than not I encounter problems now; it sucks!

[Post New]by Wyswmn2b on Feb 11, 11 3:26 PM
yep, getting nothin' but white screen... dang it. I'll uninstall and try again later I suppose.

snoopy13
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by snoopy13 on Feb 11, 11 6:17 PM
Another game I can't play on my Alienware gaming machine with WIN 7. I always demo to see if it will play. Lately it's been a toss of a coin. Too bad, I really wanted this game.

PamBevill
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by PamBevill on Feb 11, 11 6:29 PM
Chexmixmonet wrote:My game manager wants to update I think, but it's not working and now I can't open it at all....sad face

Same thing here....now I can't play any of my games.

[Post New]by Garnet124 on Feb 11, 11 7:27 PM
Getting the white box thingys, too. Do we have any suggestions on how to fix? I have been a Big Fish Gamer for several years and the good far outweighs the bad. For me it is so-o-o-o much better than other sites I have tried over the years.

goddess280653
Guppy
Guppy
141 Posts

[Post New]by goddess280653 on Feb 11, 11 8:26 PM
Error Access Violation - please BFG is there a fix coming for this - I have just uninstalled and d/loaded again and still no go - it must be costing big bucks in lost sales right now because lots of fishies really want to play this game including me !!!

lvbrule
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by lvbrule on Feb 11, 11 9:52 PM
Has anyone else who had the "game not saving" issue gotten a solution? I was able to play for a couple of days and everytime I went to play it was fine and saved...but today it totally started the game over. I have a message into the tech folks but just thought I'd inquire here also tonight.

Libtard55
Minnow
Minnow
206 Posts

[Post New]by Libtard55 on Feb 12, 11 12:57 AM
What kind of computer you have? All I got is a Celeron 1.6ghz dual core. And I'm on win xp. And I've never had any trouble with Big Fishes games. You must be running teensy computers with pentium 3 or 4.

slotfish
Minnow
Minnow
245 Posts

[Post New]by slotfish on Feb 12, 11 4:42 AM
I have a brand new computer and now I am getting is the white screen what is going on????

[Post New]by wcptink on Feb 12, 11 8:01 AM
I have had the same problem as a lot of you. Has BF responded to any of it? is the game manager no longer safe? I haven't seen them reply to any of you here. Do they read this stuff?

huggzz
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by huggzz on Feb 12, 11 9:12 AM
sollys wrote:In the middle of the demo session, after I fixed the dollhouse and placed the boy in the dollhouse the screen turned completely white. Had to shut down my computer,. Am going to
uninstall and reinstall again. I will let you know. What happened?

This happened to me too.......Any fixes.....???
Annie

Carole22759
Minnow
Minnow
288 Posts

[Post New]by Carole22759 on Feb 12, 11 10:10 AM
Other than the BFG Manager/Toolbar issues, I believe we are all experiencing graphics card issues with this game. Therefore, I went online to read about my graphics card (Nvidia). There were multiple issues with various graphics cards combined with various games (this game was NOT listed) of freezing, crashing, missing graphics, displaying white/black blotchy "blobs", etc etc etc. AGAIN...this game was NOT listed, but it is relatively new to the market.
After further reading, it described the graphic card setting to a specific game's graphics problem. All of these issues were noted as various settings of the graphics card = problems with graphics, or crashing in various games.
I'm not technically versed in tweaking my graphics card's settings for each game, but this may be an option for you. Can't hurt to check out your specific graphics card to see. And you can always hit the DEFAULT button if things get thrown out of whack.

HOW TO ACCESS YOUR GRAPHICS CARD SETTINGS:
R-click on your desktop [select] Properties, [select] Settings tab, [select] Advanced tab, [select] Your Graphics Card Name tab. From there, I'm not sure what your specific graphics card may/maynot offer for further navigation, but this will bring you to the area you would want to check out for tweaking & adjustments.

This may provide some information as to your graphics card settings and if you would be able to tweak them accordingly. Whether or not it would be a sure-fix? I have no idea.

marthadunk
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by marthadunk on Feb 12, 11 12:37 PM
I attempted to download the game and am unable to complete the process due to the toolbar not loading. I am now unable to play any of the Big fish games because the tool bar is not accesible. ARRGH

[Post New]by kimsmiracl on Feb 12, 11 2:51 PM
PastaKitty wrote:Immediately after I clicked on the box indicated by the tutorial (which I checked as not needed) i receved the following "Access Violation at 0x00505904" . Subsequeent restarts of the games only resulted in screen freezes. Yes, I have an older system, However, I can play most games. I have never experienced this type of problem before. There needs to be a fix created. The games does not look very high tech, and therefore we should be able to play it.

I had this problem as well. took about 5-6 minutes to get game to turn off. My computer totally stopped with a loud musical looping sound that would NOT mute. only got as far a the wooden crate on the desk.

Edited on 02/12/2011 at 2:53:11 PM PST

[Post New]by tigerhenry on Feb 12, 11 4:02 PM
second game i have had trouble i keep getting big white blocks so you cant see the screen help

goddess280653
Guppy
Guppy
141 Posts

[Post New]by goddess280653 on Feb 12, 11 6:21 PM
wcptink wrote:I have had the same problem as a lot of you. Has BF responded to any of it? is the game manager no longer safe? I haven't seen them reply to any of you here. Do they read this stuff?

After d/loading this game and the games stub update / resource unpack etc the game manager icon has totally disappeared off my desktop ??? - the only way I can access the games I currently have loaded is via the icon for each one on my desktop !!!

Edited on 02/12/2011 at 6:22:49 PM PST

lvbrule
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by lvbrule on Feb 12, 11 6:52 PM
Libtard55 wrote:What kind of computer you have? All I got is a Celeron 1.6ghz dual core. And I'm on win xp. And I've never had any trouble with Big Fishes games. You must be running teensy computers with pentium 3 or 4.

Libtard55, I have a Dell 3400+ w/1.80GHZ and 3.48GB RAM....also have the latest NVidia driver. I have played BFG games for over 2 yrs. and have never had this problem w/any games SE or CE. Any suggestions I would humbly appreciate...I really was enjoying this game immensely...I'm still waiting to hear from BF.

[Post New]by pineapplerae on Feb 13, 11 12:00 AM
I am also getting the error access violation message when I try to start the game. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the demo, but that didn't work. Has anyone figured out why this is happening or how to fix it?

bluesea30
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by bluesea30 on Feb 13, 11 4:54 AM
My pc got the blue screen of death upon downloading this game. I've never had that happen with any other game before, my pc's less than a year old. So needless to say I'm hesitant to try again.

Go to: