Re:Post any Shop It Up! technical issues here only

[Post New]by grete007 on Feb 14, 11 9:51 AM
I am having the same issue so I went and did what it said and checked the administrator box and now I can not even get the game to open. This is so frustrating!

[Post New]by Jennifer_in_AZ on Feb 14, 11 10:59 AM
I'm having saving issues too. It's stuck on Level 36.

[Post New]by aweber on Feb 14, 11 11:15 AM
Same story here - my game is stuck at level 17. It seems like it only tracks the first time you save and gets stuck there after that. I tried checking the administrator box, uninstalling and reinstalling the game and creating a new profile yet still the same issue and no sign of the newly created profile. Only the original save at level 17. I hope this is something that can be easily fixed by BF!

[Post New]by esmerabelle on Feb 14, 11 11:50 AM
I cannot even download this game. First time that happened, it just keeps the "waiting for download" up and nothing happens.

[Post New]by stormy192079 on Feb 14, 11 11:53 AM
tool_girl6597 wrote:Ok I'm done with this game. I buy a lot of games and this one is messed up. It does not save your game. I've had to start over every time I've closed the game. I even tried to save after every level. I'm not re playing all the levels I've already beat 5 times. Huge BOO to this game.

I am having the same problem. I have been unable to figure out the solution. I even tried uninstalling the game and reinstalling it but it did not help. I have bought many games through here and I am very disappointed in this game.

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Feb 14, 11 1:36 PM
Hi everyone!

We are currently looking into the issues that many of you have been encountering with Shop It Up! not saving.

Please be sure to contact our Customer Support team if this problem is affecting your game or if you've run into any other technical issues. They'll then be able to gather information regarding the different systems that are being affected.

Customer Support can be reached by clicking on the green envelope on the right-hand side of this page and then on the "Contact Us" section on the bottom left of the next page. Once you've entered your question and clicked to "Check for Answers," you'll be led to our Help pages, from which your question can be submitted.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to one of our Live Chat representatives from 9:30am-4:30pm PST Monday-Friday. To get started, just visit your “My Game Club" page.

In the meantime, the steps in this help article may also come in handy:

Save Errors

Hope this helps!

-bfgDonau

honeekat
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by honeekat on Feb 14, 11 4:28 PM
Have never posted here before, but thought I would.

I have been having the same issues with the game, and followed the instructions above, to find as others have that I then couldn't launch the game at all from the Game Manager.

HOWEVER, I was able to lauch it directly from the programme files, and when I did that it did automatically save the progress in the game - I did it several times to check :/

I have now uninstalled the game and am reinstalling it, to see if the same problem with not saving happens again, and to see if launching it directly from the programme file and not the Game Manager works.

There does appear to be some kind of incompatability issue, as when I ran a complatability check it flagged up a problem, but couldn't tell me what it was.

I have now reinstalled game, as well as uninstalling and reinstalling Game Manager, and it appears to be working - for how long, I don't know.

Edited on 02/14/2011 at 4:49:55 PM PST

Re:Game not saving :(

[Post New]by tazzxena on Feb 14, 11 8:53 PM
I bought this game yesterday and its not saving.
It keeps starting back at level 20 when I have gone as far as Level 26.
This seems to be a known issue...what is the point of having a game you can't continue past a certain point unless you sit there for hrs?

So who do I contact about getting my game credit refunded?
Because until they fix this bug, I don't want the game

APFamily
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by APFamily on Feb 15, 11 9:16 AM
honeekat wrote:

HOWEVER, I was able to lauch it directly from the programme files, and when I did that it did automatically save the progress in the game - I did it several times to check :/

I just tried this, but this game doesn't show up in my program files! My other Big Fish games do. Does anyone know why this would be? Thanks!

Maggie

[Post New]by Gabbyellen on Feb 15, 11 9:41 AM
How long are you going to drag this out before you offer refunds? You know this problem is not our doing. We bought the game in good faith...keep up your end of the bargain...deliver a working game or issue refunds. Seems fair to me.

APFamily
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by APFamily on Feb 15, 11 10:13 AM
I'm pretty sure Big Fish is willing to work with customers if you contact them through Customer Support (green envelope on the right). I've always gotten really good customer service here.

ScoutsMom
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by ScoutsMom on Feb 15, 11 2:26 PM
So I'm having the same save issue as all the others. But, I dont want a refund. I want my game to work. I enjoy the game and would love to finish it instead of playing the save levels over and over. On a positive note, I have gotten really good at the levels that it lets me play.

I tried starting from the program file and it didnt work for me. I'm glad that it did for some though!

APFamily
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by APFamily on Feb 15, 11 2:30 PM
ScoutsMom wrote:So I'm having the same save issue as all the others. But, I dont want a refund. I want my game to work. I enjoy the game and would love to finish it instead of playing the save levels over and over. On a positive note, I have gotten really good at the levels that it lets me play.

I tried starting from the program file and it didnt work for me. I'm glad that it did for some though!

Yeah, I want to keep my game, too. It's a great game! I can't wait to unlock the sandbox mode!

nayski
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by nayski on Feb 15, 11 5:59 PM
I can't even download this game. Has the link been removed? It says error 772-98 "If you are connected, we may be having temporary technical difficulties. Please again..." It's been like that all day. Did Big Fish flush this game?

[Post New]by LoraliSophia on Feb 15, 11 8:42 PM
Can't wait for this problem to be fixed, however in the meantime, I figured a way to complete the game. I just kept the game running & paused it between times that I was playing (but I didn't try to save the game) & I was able to get through the career mode in an afternoon & evening. (I know it's hassle if you don't have an afternoon & evening to spend on the game, but it got me through the career mode at least & I figure I'm not going to play this game again until the glitch is figured out and fixed.) Anyway, not the best option, I know, but worked for me.

Hopefully, this gets fixed soon though!

[Post New]by fairydust1842498 on Feb 16, 11 4:32 AM
Game won`t save past level 37 which is where I saved it when I first played...have tried deleting saved game & starting again & when I`ve gone to play deleted profile is there not new profile....this game just won`t save you can`t get to the floor menu to choose your level either...love the game but this is a bad fault that needs to be fixed or a refund please

honeekat
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by honeekat on Feb 16, 11 5:15 AM
If you do what it says in the "save errors" section which has been linked to above, you should be able to start the game from the programme folders and it will save from there.

You won't be able to open it from the game manager, which is a bit of a hassle.

[Post New]by MelodieWu on Feb 16, 11 6:30 AM
Why no one fix this issue? This is the most complain!!!!

[Post New]by tabs_tabikat on Feb 16, 11 1:41 PM
For those who cannot find the Shop it up Folder by following the instructions to run as administrator - it is not the Programs folder you need to open (Windows 7) but the Program Files (x86) folder. You will find the Shop it up folder in there.

Although, like the other fishies here, I tried to run it as administrator but it won't run at all now.

I have been in contact with Big Fish and they seem to be working on it, but I need a break from the game for a while - I have played the first 19 levels 4 times!! I'm kinda sick of it now.

honeekat
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by honeekat on Feb 16, 11 2:44 PM
Yep sorry, I meant to say program files.

When you change the settling there, it won't start from the Game Manager, but if you start it directly from the program file, it will run and save from there.

It is working perfectly from there for me, even though it wouldn't save before I did it.

It's only an alternative that might work for others as it worked for me :/

Go to: