Re:Welcome to Charlaine Harris: Dying for Daylight forum

[Post New]by shellincal on Mar 3, 11 11:53 PM
There should be a disclaimer when you purchase this game that you don't get to play at your leisure. Who knows how or when the new episodes will be dictated, but one thing I can say is that if I BUY something from a website that habitually sells me a game that allows me to play start to finish, I'm seriously not happy when I find out on EPISODE 4 that I cannot finish my game until they provide the means (eg, the rest of the episodes). Not cool. I canceled cable TV because I don't have any desire to be spoon fed something I pay for.
My life is not dictated by anyone else's schedule but mine and if I god damn PAY for something, it better be a complete package that I can play, watch or access when I have time, anytime. If its free, fine, I'll play along, otherwise you better be honest.
What do you want to bet the next episodes will be chargeable, like a new game? This game was fun, but not that fun.

Seriously, world, would you buy a Snickers bar if they told you you had to wait 6 months to eat it, or even better, you can have a nibble a night????????????? I am canceling my BIg Fish membership.

marlodear
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by marlodear on Mar 4, 11 5:54 AM
meme1963 wrote:
jr449 wrote:I wish that I would have looked at the walkthrough before I purchased the game becuase it continues! Quite frankly, I purchased 1/2 of a game and should not be charged for part 2 when it comes out. To be fair, either I should have been charged 1/2 price since I only got 1/2 of a game, or when the second 1/2 of the game comes out, I should get it for FREE, since I paid for one game and only got 1/2 of a game! I wished that the entire game was put together or should have been a collectors edition game. Please do not sell anymore games such as this one becuase after playing it, it makes you feel like your not finished with the game.

Actually you purchased 1/4 a game as there are 4 episodes to the game.
She didn't purchase 1/4 of a game, at least not that we know of yet. The first 4 episodes are included in this part. You get 'to be continued' and move on to the next episode automatically when you click play again. That is, until you complete the 4th episode, then it's 'to be continued' whenever the next part is released.

marlodear
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by marlodear on Mar 4, 11 5:56 AM
Very diappointed in this game due to the continuation of what I thought was a full game. It may be a credit used, but it is not free. We pay a membership fee for those credits. I truly hope you are gonna offer the next part free or at the very least a major discount!

lavrovanna
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by lavrovanna on Mar 4, 11 7:19 AM
yeah it seems like people are expecting to see the very end of the story and not like in the movies - to be continued...
but in general that's soo exiting when you get the message that the continuation is already there!

CiCiRR
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by CiCiRR on Mar 4, 11 9:28 AM
Disappointing game. Too much idle information (check out the magnifying glasses) that adds NOTHING to game play. It's a no buy for me.

I've got lots of game credits and so far, no really good games have been released lately.

[Post New]by 1katiescarlett on Mar 4, 11 11:21 AM
I agree. I am new to BFG and was not happy with buying 1/2 of a game. I don't know about purchasing games now for fear it will happen again. I hope this is not a habit of BFG. I am always looking for new HOGs I will like. This was not one because of no ending, Plus it was too short. As slow as I am I finished way to quickly. I've already played most of the top 10 games. Any suggestions for good HOGs?

sanniek1
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by sanniek1 on Mar 4, 11 12:33 PM
Hi Mr BFG

marlodear
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by marlodear on Mar 4, 11 4:52 PM
1katiescarlett wrote:I agree. I am new to BFG and was not happy with buying 1/2 of a game. I don't know about purchasing games now for fear it will happen again. I hope this is not a habit of BFG. I am always looking for new HOGs I will like. This was not one because of no ending, Plus it was too short. As slow as I am I finished way to quickly. I've already played most of the top 10 games. Any suggestions for good HOGs?

HOG's are my fave too and I have quite few. Instead of going to top 10 or new release sections, click on HOG on the left and go to bottom for list of all HOG's, there are a ton.

My faves are the Mystery Case File series and the Puppetshow ones I think. If I think of any others, I will let you know. There should also be a forum for them somewhere. If you have questions about specific ones, feel free to message me.

sam1020
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by sam1020 on Mar 6, 11 4:20 PM
I LOVED this game. It was just long enough, light enough, funny and interesting. I want the part two to come out.
I am looking for more games like this. Does anyone have any suggestions????

Welcome to Charlaine Harris: Dying for Daylight forum

[Post New]by bob256 on Mar 7, 11 7:48 AM
bfgFlounder wrote:Welcome to Charlaine Harris: Dying for Daylight forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Charlaine Harris: Dying for Daylight players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

[Post New]by 1katiescarlett on Mar 11, 11 10:05 PM
Thanks Marlodear. I liked the Mystery Case Files games also. Will have to try puppetshow games. Just finished Phantom of the Opera. I really am liking these and am afraid I have become addicted. Thanks again.

eyesore
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by eyesore on Mar 13, 11 5:57 AM
Amusing game but couldn't have finished without the walkthru. I thought the boat trip became quite "old" after the first couple of times. Other than that, a fun game that I could stretch out over several days and enjoy. I purchased the game at a special pricing opportunity so think it was well worth the money and am looking forward to the sequel.

kath70
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by kath70 on Mar 14, 11 9:44 AM
Why won't this game start??? it downloaded no problem and used a minute up of gameplay while upacking resources!! the screen clicks into a black screen for about a second then returns to the ''play now'' , I have bought and played other games and had no problems so why now...so annoying !!

[Post New]by joanne74 on Mar 15, 11 3:50 PM
can someone tell me when the next game out to follow from this game dying for daylight plz

[Post New]by Gawie1 on Mar 17, 11 11:59 AM
bruno102577 wrote:
jr449 wrote:I wish that I would have looked at the walkthrough before I purchased the game becuase it continues! Quite frankly, I purchased 1/2 of a game and should not be charged for part 2 when it comes out. To be fair, either I should have been charged 1/2 price since I only got 1/2 of a game, or when the second 1/2 of the game comes out, I should get it for FREE, since I paid for one game and only got 1/2 of a game! I wished that the entire game was put together or should have been a collectors edition game. Please do not sell anymore games such as this one becuase after playing it, it makes you feel like your not finished with the game.

I totally agree. I beta tested this game and was so looking forward to playing the whole game that I bought it. I feel like I was ripped off since it was "4 episodes" only. When I got through the first episode and said to continue to second episode I was so impressed, because it was neat the way they did a recap graphic novel style. If I had known I was only going to get 4 episodes I never would have wasted the money (or in my case free credit). They should have given some warning (ie. Game should be called dying for daylight part one, or offered the game as one of those $2.99 specials)

[Post New]by MazzanoBlue on Mar 17, 11 6:00 PM
I am stuck with the Directory at Graveyard --- My inventory has the poster, electronic key and screen.
Where is the other part to fix the directory? Also, any hints on where the secret door to the Theatre is?

So far so good, I am glad that there are separate volume controls - I turned down the music and ambient sounds. the voice is all I need to hear.

[Post New]by tams33 on Mar 22, 11 2:02 PM
Yup pretty lame that there is no disclaimer or anything stating 'part 1 of 2' and even lamer that you get no notice of when the second half comes out. It is taking way too long. The games are like flowing stories.
Love the game but gotta admit this turned me off a bit

[Post New]by groovywahine on Mar 24, 11 3:53 AM
Definitely agree with everyone about there being no disclaimer or anything stating that it was only part of the game. I feel ripped off!! I love this game but it's a buzz kill that you get so into it and then find out you paid for half a game and have to wait ages to be able to play the second part and that you also have to pay for the second part!! Has anyone complained? I think we should get the second part for free, buyt I don't now if that will happen a.

[Post New]by aries0410 on Mar 24, 11 9:06 PM
I am a huge HOG fan, but, I wish I would have read these posts before getting the game. While I enjoyed the game I, like a lot of people here, was very disappointed to find out this game is only four chapters long. I don't remember if I bought it or used a credit but either way it was a waste for only a portion of a game. I agree with some other posts on here that IF part two comes out those of us who purchased part one should get the second part for free. Hopefully it's only a two part game and not a serial because I don't think I would be inclined to purchase each new set that came out.Overall fun game but a waste of for only a small piece

[Post New]by artemis4 on Mar 28, 11 7:04 PM
I'm with your guys. I just completed Episode 4 and then nothing! Really not liking this. When is the next portion coming out?

Go to: