SnowMeow
Stingray
Stingray
5,934 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Charlaine Harris: Dying for Daylight

[Post New]by SnowMeow on Feb 12, 11 10:28 AM
Fantastic game! I'm lost in it. Its lovely, thought provoking, funny and has that feeling you get when you are playing a really good game...you feel like your there. It's also nice to know "there is another one coming!".

SnowMeow (Calif.)

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Feb 12, 11 10:48 AM
A little dark, a little slow, a lot of fun

Carole22759
Minnow
Minnow
288 Posts

[Post New]by Carole22759 on Feb 12, 11 11:03 AM
alvertis5706 wrote:.....partial quote.....
(I thought maybe they were unpacking the crowbars and umbrellas). It's the usual HOG/iHog game...walk around, find things, talk to people, do a few HOG scenes. There's continuing dialogue and comments from Dahlia; all with entertaining voiceovers. It didn't seem overly difficult in the demo; didn't need a WT, nor hints in the H0 scenes. I liked it. I bought it.

Alvertis...you said exactly what I was thinking...crowbars and all!
Game's got some challenge to it. After the disappointing StraySouls-CE (which I saved $14 by not getting suckered into purchasing), I was VERY pleased to see this offering.

[Post New]by smokeyjobe on Feb 12, 11 11:05 AM
Quirky and funny. I like it a lot.

I won't repeat the gameplay style as it's already been explained well. Nice graphics and actors voices aren't wooden or ridiculously child-like as many others are. I've only played with demo time, so I can't comment on the whole game, but I'm buying it now and can't wait to keep going!

I give the demo out of 5.

doccat5
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by doccat5 on Feb 12, 11 11:07 AM
I had to buy it! I was snickering the entire time I was playing the demo. Loved the quirkiness. Took a bit to figure out the sequence of play, but it was well worth it!
Thanks BF!

pixielily
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by pixielily on Feb 12, 11 11:14 AM
I hope the players that are having issues with this game are able to get the bugs worked out, because this is a very entertaining game! The first thing that grabbed my attention was the sense of humor used and the voice overs IMO are spot on (I usually have not sound on when I play).

The story line had me engrossed and I found that as the game play went along I became more interested in the ending. I will gladly buy the the sequel when it comes out, which hopefully will not be a long time from now.

The only issue that I had with this game was the time it took to do the boat scene, but that was about it.
The length is great and the graphics are wonderful it is obvious the developers put a lot of thought and care into this game.
Overall I give this 5 out of 5

steelerlady1
Minnow
Minnow
213 Posts

[Post New]by steelerlady1 on Feb 12, 11 11:31 AM
doccat5 wrote:I had to buy it! I was snickering the entire time I was playing the demo. Loved the quirkiness. Took a bit to figure out the sequence of play, but it was well worth it! :Thanks BF!
OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!! AGREE WITH YOU ENTIRELY! FANTASTIC GAME!

Edited on 02/12/2011 at 11:32:39 AM PST

Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on Feb 12, 11 11:34 AM
Well, I gotta say that I haven't had this much fun in a good while! Hee!

This game was...
funny,
quirky,
cheesy,
campy,
clever,
amusing,
entertaining,
challenging at times,
with unique puzzles,
fun dialog (I love shiny things, lol)
catchy music,
irreverent,
cute dog,
funny blood sucking bat,
long game play (over 4 hours)
giggle provoking,
and just plain out loads of fun!!!!
The only con was the music puzzle, which are my bane!

And all at the SE price (and for me, a punch card credit)
Bravo, Big Fish!!! This was a real winner!

I was so sorry to see it end before the story was resolved!
Geez, I hope we don't have to wait a whole year for part 2!!!!

unicornone
Guppy
Guppy
133 Posts

[Post New]by unicornone on Feb 12, 11 11:39 AM
Great game, for me great because the cursor works and I get to play a very entertaining game. It does have a ghoulish theme but then again it is done with humour.. and it is about the right level of difficulty for it to be worth buying and playing... which I did straight after the trial version.... just had to play on.. and on. Buy it folks, it is a little different to the 'must find lost relative on the lost island theme'. Good games at the normal game price is a treat. Only one little annoyance for me .... not sure why they decided to split the games into episodes... not really necessary as it is not really of epic length.

sandebeach
Shark
Shark
10,388 Posts

[Post New]by sandebeach on Feb 12, 11 12:01 PM
I am not really into vampires, so wasn't sure I would like this game, but the music started playing and Dahlia started talking (Shopping! Tiffany's!) in her sassy snarky way, and I was hooked. Gotta love her and her mouth. Used a punch card credit, this game is fun! And I love doing dress-up!!!!!!!! I have been playing for about two hours, just started Episode 3, and I don't want it to end. What a great day, I also picked up the DD because that had been on my "Buy Someday" list for a while and I LOVE the DD price. Happy gaming weekend to all the fishies!

mycatluna
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by mycatluna on Feb 12, 11 12:44 PM
Kalavinka wrote:There are members who are sensitive about the Hokey Pokey.

Yes Snaphiss. There are people who will choose to buy the game, choose to play the game, and then spill lots kbs explaining why the game was evil (because of the seductive leather wearing vampire and sexy music) or offensive to them (or how they are somehow abused by some aspect of game play) and why the game should be appropriate for children (who do not have the attention span to play these sorts of games anyway). If you debate the issue-- the person will get offended, tell on you to the moderators, and the moderators will send you a pm telling you that you are harassing the other poster (regardless of how reasonable you try to be). There are lots of week (nothing offensive in the word week) minded people who post here. Some days it is like the kindergarten peoples' tolerances are so low. IMO- warnings are always good. You think that people could figure things out and make good decisions for themselves.... but yet....

-Kala

Well said. You have said something that I have been thinking for a couple years while reading through the forums.

However, I have a favorite quote that seems relevant to this.

"I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to my death your right to say it"--Voltaire.

That doesn't mean I can't roll my eyes though.

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Feb 12, 11 1:22 PM

Oh, for heaven's sake, "can't we all just get along"? Thats a quote from someone that just got beaten up by police, I think, but I thought it might work here....

Edited on 02/12/2011 at 1:22:49 PM PST

dk5793
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,792 Posts

[Post New]by dk5793 on Feb 12, 11 1:25 PM
My apologies -- I guess I offended some people even though I tried very hard not to. So sorry, jkuci.

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Feb 12, 11 2:00 PM
Just finished it and I loved it. A lot of humour, good music, nice voices, good graphics, intereting story. The hint system is so helpful that you don't need a WT. Loved the little game included in the H0 scene. I hope she's going to keep the rat...

Still I'm a little frustrated that it is in 2 parts, I hope it won't take ages before the seond one appears. Very good game.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Feb 12, 11 2:00 PM
From my corner of the world, this is a really fun game. More please.

auntj38
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by auntj38 on Feb 12, 11 2:20 PM
Bought this game to complete my punch card and so glad I did. This was a fun game.Sorry it ended. Now I just have to wait until the sequel.Hope it doesn't take too long. Dahlia is one gutsey V. Sure she will meet up again with the CIA agent. He is kinda dorky,but cute.

[Post New]by Classicaljazz on Feb 12, 11 2:34 PM
I wanted to like this game and thought that I would since I usually like vampire games. But, after playing about 58 minutes of the demo I realized it just wasn't going to happen. For one thing, the story line didn't grab me. For another thing, the functions of the game seemed awkward. I'd consider myself in the mid range when it comes to speed in most HOG's, but in this one it seemed my progress was very slow. Therefore, I found myself losing interest in continuing. For those reasons, it's a "no-buy" for me.

BUT, many fishies in the pond will probably enjoy this game, so be sure to give it a try before you make a decision. You may love it.

Classicaljazz

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Feb 12, 11 2:47 PM
jkuci wrote:
Oh, for heaven's sake, "can't we all just get along"? Thats a quote from someone that just got beaten up by police, I think, but I thought it might work here....

Rodney King in 1991.

Krissy41
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by Krissy41 on Feb 12, 11 2:51 PM
WOW what a great game...I think BF got this game and the Stray Souls mixed up as to which one should have been a CE..lol I'm not in vampire games either but I really liked this game. It lasted alooooonnnnnngggggg time and really enjoyed playing the game. The BIG downfall to this game is it is "to be continued" and that bites...lol Kudos to you BF for offering this game now if you can just keep em coming you will have a huge pond full of happy fishies Have a great weekend everyone and enjoy the game!!!!

uwflossi
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by uwflossi on Feb 12, 11 2:51 PM
Hallo Fishies, I looove this game. The bat drinking blood and at the end of the game: the rat. Lovely. Happy gaming

Go to: