mzaura
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

Re:Post any Charlaine Harris: Dying for Daylight technical issues here only

[Post New]by mzaura on Feb 12, 11 11:21 PM
For the nurse outfit...you have to open your inventory, click on the outfit then go to the camera screen and click on her. hope this helps.

BFGJunkie
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by BFGJunkie on Feb 13, 11 2:52 AM
This is what I found in the read me file of this game, I know it explains one of my problems (firefox),which I tried closing but it did not help. Maybe this will be of help to other fishies having problems.

Dying for Daylight
[removed by moderator]

Edited on 02/13/2011 at 11:14:31 AM PST

[Post New]by loumottershead on Feb 13, 11 3:30 AM
Which site was that, I have tried yahoo games, virgin media and Big Fish games and none of them will allow me download it, Had trouble yesterday with Stray Souls, I Reinstalled Big Fish games Manger and it then worked, did the same again today and says error downloading!!

gamerdash
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by gamerdash on Feb 13, 11 5:00 AM
I had problems opening the game from the BFG console too. But I tried accessing it through the folders and clicking Dying_for_daylight.exe and the game worked.

You guys might want to try it.

cookme
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by cookme on Feb 13, 11 6:10 AM
I'm in blood alley and can't get my cursor to change to the Vampire Powers cursor in order to click on the dumpster. I've clicked all over the dumpster and gotten nothing. I'm stuck! Can anyone help me with this?

sonofstar
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by sonofstar on Feb 13, 11 7:43 AM
I run Windows 7 Pro and had no trouble with the download and play. Where I ran into an issue was on the very last cutscene that shows the showdown with the evil Vamps and the 'plague' rat being used.

That slowed down my entire computer to such a degree that I couldn't Skip out of it. The audio dialog played first then each snapshot achingly slowly came into view and crawled to its place on the screen. Took close to 5 mins for the whole thing to play out before I could can out of the scene and end the game.

tinaccarroll
Guppy
Guppy
134 Posts

[Post New]by tinaccarroll on Feb 13, 11 9:35 AM
SAME AS DEADTIME STORIES, MOUSE IS JERKY A LITTLE SLOW. GAME DIDNT HAVE CURSER CHANGE BUTTON, SO FAR REALLY GOOD GAME. WILL BUY AND TRY.

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Feb 13, 11 10:34 AM
cookme wrote:I'm in blood alley and can't get my cursor to change to the Vampire Powers cursor in order to click on the dumpster. I've clicked all over the dumpster and gotten nothing. I'm stuck! Can anyone help me with this?

Are you there the first time or the second? It won't show on the dumpsters until the 2nd time.

minnielou
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by minnielou on Feb 13, 11 1:53 PM
I was moving through the game with no problems and got to the scarab circus and my game went a little crazy. The last word of the sentence she was saying kept repeating like a broken record. I tried ctl-alt-del and it still wouldn't shut down. Had to shut it down at the tower. I guess I spoke to soon in the stray souls forum about games with no glltches.

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Feb 13, 11 2:03 PM
Hi minnielou,
Did you by any chance have any programs running in the background on your computer? Anti-virus trying to update? Open Web Browser? Anything else updating? This is often the cause of the problem that you describe because this program uses a lot of computer resources to play.

BFGJunkie
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by BFGJunkie on Feb 13, 11 5:55 PM

Edited on 02/18/2011 at 2:33:33 AM PST

cookme
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by cookme on Feb 13, 11 9:37 PM
mcurty wrote:
cookme wrote:I'm in blood alley and can't get my cursor to change to the Vampire Powers cursor in order to click on the dumpster. I've clicked all over the dumpster and gotten nothing. I'm stuck! Can anyone help me with this?

Are you there the first time or the second? It won't show on the dumpsters until the 2nd time.

Thank you! Ends up I hadn't clicked on the outfit.

Capthowdy64
Minnow
Minnow
268 Posts

[Post New]by Capthowdy64 on Feb 13, 11 10:31 PM
Buggy. The first time I downloaded it,it took an hour. The second time it installed fine. First time it crashed bad. Now after the first hidden object scene it freezes. I wouldn't pay money or a credit for this mess. It's not Big Fishes fault. The developer usually makes good games. This is an abortion of a game.

[Post New]by katzpawz on Feb 13, 11 11:43 PM
I couldn't even get to the Play page! I hit the Play Now button and got the UNPACKING RESOURCES box and then absolutely NOTHING. I had to use the computer Task Manager to get away from it. Am I doing something wrong?

bonbon663
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by bonbon663 on Feb 14, 11 1:14 AM
I was able to download it no problem. I can't however load it again after it locked up. The game locked up, so, I closed it, now, it won't open again. Problem is, I've bought it, now I won't be able to get past episode 2.

sleeplady
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by sleeplady on Feb 14, 11 4:14 PM
Took forever to 'unpack resources' and then it locked down my computer!!! Both are a first for me here at BFG. No sale here.

[Post New]by Memoryamethyst on Feb 14, 11 7:40 PM
Same thing here. Yet another no play, no buy, no fun trial. Does Big Fish even HAVE a Q.A. team? This is getting tedious.

carnick
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by carnick on Feb 14, 11 8:13 PM
Hi fishies, I downloaded the game without any problems, but the cursor is so slow. I had difficulties getting out of the game. wish we could change the cursor. If it stay that way it will be a no buy for me. I tried to download another game and had problems with that game also. it makes it hard to buy games lately. hope we will be able to download games without problems soon.

Gieyo
Clownfish
Clownfish
766 Posts

[Post New]by Gieyo on Feb 15, 11 4:54 AM
GrammaKj wrote:First of all when I clicked "play" in the game manager, a box popped up that said "unpacking resources" and it took forever for it to unpack.

Plus dreadfully slow loading each time you have to switch locations, very slow cursor, some hotspot issues.
Too bad, as the game in itself was interesting.

[Post New]by jimmyjock on Feb 15, 11 5:35 AM
Access Violation on chapter 2, even tried disconnecting from internet turning off everything on the computer apart from the processes needed to run computer and still same problem, and very bad lag between scenes, worked fine in the demo but now bought the game teh problems started, wont get the credit back that is for sure. happening in to many games, and other games with problems on trail period and then tried downloading from author site or another site that sells the download and then the game works with no problems.

Looks like I need to start shopping elsewhere for my games

Go to: