easybake
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

Re:Post any Gourmania 2: Great Expectations technical issues here only

[Post New]by easybake on Feb 18, 11 12:00 PM
I've restarted my computer, I've made a new name and started over; I'm stuck where I (and others) have been stuck: Tuesday level at the Bon Bon Cafe, or France in general. I'm still waiting to see if they'll have an update before I uninstall because uninstalling is really my last resort kind of thing.

I think this will probably be my last post about the technical issues. I've looked at my previous posts and I find that I sound overly critical; I really don't mean to be, but I digress. I'll probably update my opinion when they fix it (if they fix it? They'll probably fix it, though, right?)

Anyway, I'll be playing other games while I wait, so here's to hoping it'll all be better soon, for everyone

On a side note, I thought it was funny when mod Donau suggested I contact live support when she did; on that day they had a work-related meeting so Big Fish would be closing live support early then (which I read when I lurked the forums). I'm not trying to offend or criticize, I just thought it was amusing.

Edited on 02/18/2011 at 12:04:26 PM PST

[Post New]by frantic1216 on Feb 18, 11 1:08 PM
I have had the same problem with getting stuck watering the flowers. I waited; I deleted the game and downloaded it again three times; I e-mailed customer service *and have still had no response; all to no avail. I did find the demo on another game site and downloaded it and had no problem with the entire demo. I too would like to purchase this game, preferably from Big Fish, but I think it has too many glitches that need to be ironed out after reading all the previous posts.

[Post New]by formicacid on Feb 18, 11 2:32 PM
I got stuck on the very first washing scene in the tutorial. I cleaned the entire sign and walls, but I couldn't get the paintbrush or anything. I couldn't do anything; the hint and menu buttons were not available. I had to ctrl+alt+del. It's a pity, because it sounds like a fun concept and I might have bought it.

Sounds from the other comments that this game is really buggy in general. Dear Big Fish Games, if you're going to raise the price of your games by $3, you should probably make sure they work first. $10 for that piece of garbage? Seriously?

[Post New]by Marinersfan04 on Feb 19, 11 7:06 AM
Problems with the game freezing for me, too. First time, it froze while watering the seeds. I un-installed and tried again. This time it froze right after cleaning the sign and walls, like the poster above, I could not click on the paintbrush or proceed any further.

I hope someone from BFG responds to these issues, and that there will be a re-issue of the game. I enjoyed the first Gourmania, and I'd like to buy this one too. But not until it's been fixed!

[Post New]by alicekramden on Feb 19, 11 9:57 AM
I can't get beyond the 2nd level at the Bon Cafe in France. The games automatically closes. I have deleted it and downloaded again. It saved all my progress up to finishing the first restaurant, I had to buy teh Bon Cafe again and start over, but when I tried to play again, the same thing happened! I also had problems with the games requesting that I repeat tasks that had already been comlpleted. BDG, please release a fix for this game...

[Post New]by macfiain on Feb 19, 11 10:18 AM
well i played the trail and got to france before my time ran out
i bought the game as i liked it
returning to the game i find that it is stuck in france
i uninstall and reinstall a few time i even start a new player the new player then gets stuck at the western bar
i have tryed to set the compatibility of the game as told by the tech isses page none of the advise given is working neither is the game .............

Iamrhea
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by Iamrhea on Feb 19, 11 10:43 AM
So far I've been luckier with it than most of you. I managed to finish the game.

There are two locations in the US, two in France, two in Maldives and the final Grand Restaurant.

When I finished with the Bon Restaurant, the game never let me finish cleaning the bar to earn the final star on the location, and I used both sponges and both bottles of spray. The same is true in the Maldives bar location. Also, on day Thursday, the game "cheats" on the ingredients.

I hope they get the bugs worked out of this one as it is a great game in concept. With so many people having issues that have purchased it, surely Big Fish will have to do something about it.

Edited on 02/19/2011 at 11:50:53 AM PST

[Post New]by crashandboom on Feb 19, 11 2:17 PM
Debbzi wrote:I was playing in the second location, France, when my trial ended. I bought the game and launched it again, only to find it would only let me play the two Brooklyn restaurants again. I can click on map to see the view of Paris but can't access the restaurant I was playing when the trial ended? Any suggestions?

So sad, same problem. Tried uninstalling and reinstalled and am at same place. Quite irritating.

Rags1027
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by Rags1027 on Feb 19, 11 4:56 PM
I get the same error code violation as easybake. I've uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail. LIve chat apparently isn't open on the weekends. Help????

[Post New]by ellen110657 on Feb 19, 11 10:02 PM
I downloaded the trial version and got an exception error. Tried to uninstall and uninstaller doesn't work either. This is not what I would expect from BFG. I still have this on my computer because I can't get rid of it!!!! Anyone with suggestions for getting rid of this game would be appreciated.

judieau
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by judieau on Feb 20, 11 2:51 AM
I bought this game and love it! However, do you think I can find the Relaxed Mode?! Nope, the option is just not in the menu or anywhere. Any suggestions please?

goeash
Koi
Koi
83,226 Posts

[Post New]by goeash on Feb 20, 11 10:30 AM
Every time I get ready to play this game it freezes my laptop - so I've deleted it altogether,

[Post New]by ravishingred1 on Feb 20, 11 4:11 PM
I am also having the same problems as a lot of . I enjoyed the trail and had no problems while playing it. So, I bought the game with the discount, then went to play, only to find out that there is nothing I can do in France. Along with the majority of you, I hope they fix the bugs too. Will keep an eye on this forum to see what happens.

[Post New]by mrskatjr on Feb 20, 11 7:48 PM
I too wasn't able to get into France after my time ran outl I choose a different player name and started from the beginning and was fine after that.

[Post New]by Mpoletti on Feb 20, 11 10:30 PM
I did the trial without problems, i purchased the game and passed USA now in the first restaurant in France, I can play and finish it but when it saves gets disconnected, I re install the game but same problem.

bedbuga
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by bedbuga on Feb 21, 11 7:02 AM
I found that if you delete your profile from the game and start a new game from the beginning this should solve your problems. Hope this helps

maggiegs
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by maggiegs on Feb 21, 11 10:59 AM
I bought this game directly from the developer. I encountered all the problems you are talking about, game freezing; the cleaning won't finish, etc. I actually contacted them and they gave no help whatsoever. Good luck if you buy it, because you have to start the game over everytime it freezes. It was extremely frustrating and possibly these problems are why it has taken so long for this to be released to other outlets. I buy lots of games from BFG and I have for years. Take it from me, Big Fish, this one is a loser for you. Too bad, too, because it was fun until it became complete frustration. I would think, between the many months ago that I bought it and the time they released it here, since they were aware of the problems, they would have fixed them. They didn't.

[Post New]by whutever on Feb 21, 11 11:10 AM
Even after completing all of the tasks and buying all the decorations it is impossible to get all gold stars. This is true with every restaurant in every level. Although it's not a technical issue, it would be wise to check the spelling of the ingredients. Especially the word waffle. Also if you are supposed to buy something to complete a task (such as cleanser) and you don't have enough money you can't proceed but you can't quit. Had to ctrl,alt del to get out.

ZoeCan
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by ZoeCan on Feb 21, 11 11:39 AM
Dude...I have golds in everything. It is not impossible! You just have to take your time and figure out what works! That is part of the fun of these games! Chill! Take another look, you can do it! =]

[Post New]by Siane43 on Feb 21, 11 7:46 PM
Dmitry_dvd wrote:
Nortank wrote:

Well.
This situation occurs only if the game is trial End
So if you want to buy the game. Close it in advance to save the game progress

Riiiight. So I am going to pay for a buggy game to see if it is less buggy in the bought version? I don't think so!

This is due to the fact that the game does not have time to save.
[removed by moderator]

Go to: