Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Gourmania 2: Great Expectations

[Post New]by loulou5536 on Mar 3, 11 1:35 PM
Really not worth buying this game unless its on sale to be honest, very short and very easy, after the many issues of the game crashing and having to email bigfish to sort it out, it really isnt worth the money, i could finish it in two days !

Really wish id bought a different game now.

Lisa522
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

[Post New]by Lisa522 on Mar 3, 11 10:32 PM
Never really got very far on this game since each and everytime I would spend a good deal of time fixing up the outside of the restaurant, the game would stop responding and/or crash completely.

From the little bit of gameplay I did play, this is nothing like the first Gourmania, was not entertaining in the least, was frequently annoying, and has many bugs. Extremely unstable game and very early on too - how did this get past beta testing?

Ironic that the name is Gourmania 2: GREAT EXPECTATIONS

Great Expectations? Yes.

Failed to meet them? Yes

[Post New]by LisaLaffer on Mar 5, 11 2:56 AM
mkastor wrote:The first one was much better..this is a true YAWN!

That's true, but even so, I like games about food

frostledge
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by frostledge on Mar 5, 11 11:03 AM
I was looking forward to playing this because I love the colors and textures of food and thought I'd give it a whirl in spite of being a TM game. Playing on relaxed mode was fine. Didn't seem to have bugs at all, although it was highly annoying to be cleaning something and it not getting cleaned until I happened to see the bar and watched the little bar above the item slowly go down as I scrubbed. Thought the pricing was way off and kinda wondered who'd pay $50 for an ice cream unless it was made of solid gold or something. One thing I found exasperating was the spelling errors. I know spellings can very from place to place, but "wafle" instead of "waffle"? It was like the game was thrown together with no proofing on plot, price or spell check at all which is a shame because I really was kinda liking it once I got the swing of it. No buy for me as I feel like it's a waste of a credit like paying for something that isn't complete. Maybe next time.......

ebec
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by ebec on Mar 7, 11 7:10 AM
I played the trial for about 30" and then purchased this game. Since I have the other one, I was pretty sure I would like this one. However, no I do not!! I did not mind the cleaning and decorating at all. What I found absolutely absurd, was a sponge costing $200.00, etc., etc.!! When I went to Paris to open the first place, I had to continue working over and over again to earn enough money to do the cleaning and decorating. Apparently, the game is programmed to end the level whether you have completed the above or not!! Soooo, I simply had to leave some of the cleaning and all of the decorating undone! My conclusion is this: DO NOT purchase this game if you have a Type A personality!! BECAUSE ------ It will make you crazy!!!

[Post New]by mikied60 on Mar 9, 11 9:05 AM
bedbuga wrote:Game keeps crashing after i've finished Tuesday in France. Very disappointed. Please fix

Sparkytoo
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Sparkytoo on Mar 12, 11 3:02 AM
I like this game. *Touch wood* I have not encountered any technical difficulties -- just user error and fatigue. Yes, it will definitely make you crazy if you are a Type A personality (which I am), but I enjoy trying to train myself to relax. This is, after all, a GAME -- Games are supposed to be fun, which even Type A's are allowed to have (and I think we should have some). Secondly, do not play this game after you have been cleaning all day, it really makes you want to throw something. But I really, really like this game -- Type A's never back down from a challenge.

suzy230
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by suzy230 on Nov 20, 11 2:51 PM
It took a little time for me to get used to this game, but when I did, I really liked it. Unfortunately.....I think Joan Crawford owns the French restaurant I can't seem to get the bar clean enough...very frustrated...

Go to: