barbee44
Clownfish
Clownfish
667 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mystery Agency: A Vampire's Kiss

[Post New]by barbee44 on Feb 18, 11 7:30 AM
bezzer wrote:I have never posted before but just had to with this game! This has to be one of the worst games ever put out by BF. It is utter rubbish. I buy every HOG going but this is one I most definitely will not be buying. Not even worth downloading to be honest. Especially after seeing how brilliant games are nowadays, yesterdays for example was superb.... No most definitely a thumbs down on this one!

Of course it is.... otherwise it would be 13.99! Sorry, folks but this is about as good as it will get for 6.99. Really depressing, isn't it? Anyone want to buy some credits?

Edited on 02/18/2011 at 7:32:16 AM PST

penrose47
Stingray
Stingray
4,597 Posts

[Post New]by penrose47 on Feb 18, 11 7:36 AM
THANKS GOOFY, for your TIME !!

Its pretty bad game when the 1st page of REVIEWS says ITS a STINKER...PPPUUUU

HUGS TO ALL

Happy Gaming .......>>>>going>>>>>to look at the SALE today

PEN

mcbay111
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by mcbay111 on Feb 18, 11 7:48 AM
BearKat wrote: Am I the only one who had the wide black lines at the top and bottom of the screen? The remaining picture made large things small and small things teeny tiny! Sorry BFG but this one just put me to sleep ! On the plus side it only left one file on my pc to manually remove after I uninstalled it after 12 minutes . I love the vamp stuff but this one just didn't have it for me. However, as always I urge everyone to try it for themselves as opinions are always subjective! A BIG NO buy here!

Nope you are not alone. I had the same black lines above and below my screen. But the game is not what I want anyway. I am now better at playing these games but when I first began playing HOG games I had no clue about the more difficult and adventure type HOGS but now I love those. this is not a buy for me either.

wunder
Guppy
Guppy
141 Posts

[Post New]by wunder on Feb 18, 11 7:50 AM
mspaws wrote: I rather enjoyed this game. I had no issues with finding objects, even with my bad eyes..but then I have a 24 inch monitor...I love HOG's so maybe that is why my opinion is different than the rest. I will say it is a little behind the times from what we are expecting now, but it is a fun game!

Paws

I'm going against the grain of most posts and agree with Paws - I rather enjoyed this game too! Most HOGs were fairly easy, only had problems with one where you had to find the tiny pieces of paper. Once past that, the rest of the demo was not difficult at all. STD's are usually a pain in the neck, but at least when you click on the difference, it disappears and isn't circled by a big bold line. Didn't have to skip any puzzles, graphics are pretty good and did not appear fuzzy IMO. Talking between characters can be moved through quickly by left-clicking, but I wish the developers used voices and not just the "baloon" captions.

If I can find out the approximate length of the game, I will probably purchase during the sale this weekend. Happy President's Day weekend to everyone!

gama58
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

[Post New]by gama58 on Feb 18, 11 8:11 AM
I was excited to see another HOG, because I have credits that I wanted to use, but after playing this one for about 10 mins I uninstalled it. I normally play the whole hour, but I just couldn't do it with this one.

joyzebra
Minnow
Minnow
234 Posts

[Post New]by joyzebra on Feb 18, 11 8:12 AM
when you can;t see items even when hint shows them, time to dump!

darksprires
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by darksprires on Feb 18, 11 8:36 AM
I was so bored that I closed the game after 20 minutes. It ranks as one of the worst I have ever seen and it also did not have and needed a magnifying option on the HOG scenes.

nightmusk
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by nightmusk on Feb 18, 11 8:36 AM
sorry
have to agree with most of the posters on here
a complete and utter load of rubbish
only played for 10 mins
went straight in the trash can
when are we gonna get some decent games
to rival return to ravenhurst
13 skulls
the queen of spades
to mention a few

[Post New]by satexasgirl on Feb 18, 11 8:45 AM
I was soooo excited at first because the game actually fit the widescreen monitor. That's a rarity. Unfortunately it's one of the only positives about the game in my opinion. The H0 scenes were not too cluttered. Graphics were okay. The story was boring though, and skipping the mini games meant skipping each level of the game at least for the first one where you had to line up the objects on the diagonal. I don't care for the game and the hour I played seemed much longer than that.

JoFin
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by JoFin on Feb 18, 11 10:34 AM
With all the comments regarding how old this game seems, I wanted to check length so I tried to open the walkthrough even before downloading, page was blank EXCEPT it was headed by a 1969 date??????? Now that IS OLD.

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Feb 18, 11 10:51 AM
Raska wrote:I totally agree with the former post.
Some people can make great games, others cannot !!!
This is certainly not a buy for me !
Dull,dull, dull !!!!

I Can't argue with that. Seems to be the general concenses

Edited on 02/18/2011 at 10:53:14 AM PST

steve_san
Clownfish
Clownfish
586 Posts

[Post New]by steve_san on Feb 18, 11 10:52 AM
The graphics of this game are beatifully drawn and the sounds are appropriate and not overdone. There are no voiceovers, all the dialog is shown on the screen. However, it is direct and to the point. The story is nothing really novel, but what do you expect? It is about vampires and the characters bear a resemblance to a certain series of novels/movies. The whole game has a simple, minimalist feel to it.

There are those who do not like spot the difference puzzles and there are quite a number here. However, they are fairly straightforward, although some objects are very small. Same goes for the hidden object scenes. You'll probably need a large monitor to see the smallest items.

Some of the puzzles are a little unusual but they are not that difficult either. Instructions are clear.

This game does not deserve some of the harsh comments I've seen on this blog. It is a decent game and I would recommend that you try it first yourself. Do not dismiss it as others have suggested or you may miss out on a good game . You just might like it.

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Feb 18, 11 10:54 AM
CasualGran is right on.. She is one of the best review gamers and always has a great review.. Thank you from a newbee...

doccat5
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by doccat5 on Feb 18, 11 10:59 AM
Again, teeny, tiny items, really slow between scenes. No buy on this one

[Post New]by hookedonHOG on Feb 18, 11 11:12 AM
Bought it right away without doing a trial since i only had to pay 4.99 when it started downloading i knew it wasnt for me 70,000 kbs or mbs cant remember anyway it was a short download i have played so many good games with no timers and can't play this kind any more especially since most were so small and couldnt find in the allotted time and had to play over and over / hate STD i didnt play long enough to see if there were anymore. The mini game square thing was impossible / gave up and will uninstall. This is my opinion someone just starting on straight hidden object games might like it (maybe /maybe not)

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Feb 18, 11 12:12 PM
Of course, I had to try this one for myself. It isn't nearly as bad as some of you made it out to be. Yes, it is pretty much a straight hog, dialogue is kinda hokey, lots of Stds, but played full screen on my wide screen, objects weren't too difficult to find, mini games were a bit different, and I bought it, with a credit, after about 30 minutes. It isn't as classy a game as the CEs are, but it is a hog, and I have seen much worse. Just have to adjust mindset and expectations after Maestro, lol. Still I think I will enjoy playing the rest of this one. It sure could have been a whole lot worse...remember Bigfoot? And that recent Dead game...where the objects were impossible to see, and you had to keep finding those same impossible objects at least three different times? I did choose not to buy that one, and heard the ending was really a stinker...it is on the review site today. There are quite a few really good sounding hogs on tap...and I feel a few of those, maybe more, will be CEs. People complain about the CEs, and then complain that the standard hogs aren't up to their standards, but they do cost less. Hey, I don't like paying higher prices for great quality games, either, but I guess we do get what we are willing to pay for. And this one is worth a game punch credit, to me anyway

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Feb 18, 11 12:25 PM
Just had to try this game after seeing all the negative comments. First thing I noticed is that it is by one of my favorite developers of "pure" adventure games -- Black Mirror series.

I like the graphics a whole lot better than those of the CE yesterday. Clear and sharp. H0 scenes were difficult -- the office was a real challenge, but after that one they improve a lot. I became fascinated with the cleverness with which items were hidden, and as I played on I was able to do better and better.

Loved the more challenging mini-games - the place tiles in diagonal was a fun mind-bender. Lots of STD's - yeh - I don't like those and usually skip, but I didn't with these because they weren't that hard.

This game has a real storyline that developed a little slowly but grows as you progress. I was in an "Oh,no" state when the demo ended. It is going to have to be a President's Day sale purchase for me. I don't usually like HOG games a lot, prefer more interaction, but this one has me hooked because of the promising story and the challenging puzzles.

Edit: Played the entire game. Story is a little cheesy and predictable.
Game is rather short. I enjoyed the puzzles and the graphics as well as trying to guess where those objects were hidden.

Edited on 02/19/2011 at 10:34:35 PM PST

jaylake
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by jaylake on Feb 18, 11 12:42 PM
What a waste of a game credit. Really bad one this time. My eyes are not that bad but even with a hint it was hard to make the item out. I actually brought the laptop close up to see the ruler in an early hidden object scene.
I can only assume whoever checked this game had xray eyes.

Not one of your best and so glad that I only wasted a credit and not my own money

[Post New]by SIRSLIMMYEEL on Feb 18, 11 12:55 PM
Whew!! Am I glad I read your comments on this game first. I don't think I will even download the trial. I don't write much or often but when thre is so much negativity on one small game --something tells you NO NO NO NO DO NOT BUY!! I am one grateful granny to all you youngn's out there.

[Post New]by wind10 on Feb 18, 11 12:56 PM
This is the worse hog I have ever played...story is slow and objects are so tiny you don't know what you are looking for....deleted it asap a real waste of time.

Go to: