rhonayotte
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

Re:Post any Treasure Seekers: The Time Has Come technical issues here only

[Post New]by rhonayotte on Feb 19, 11 2:29 PM
Thank you Donau for a more in depth response. Hopefully we will all see a fix on this soon. I came on a little too harsh and want everyone here to know that I apologize. Lashing out in the face of frustration was wrong on my part. I know that you're doing all you can considering you are not tech support, but a Moderator attempting to help us all through this.

Darla1108
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by Darla1108 on Feb 19, 11 2:40 PM
I played the demo for 30 minutes, quit and then when I went back into it, I am getting the access violation error. I wanted to get this while they are having the sale. Please get this fixed so that we can play this game.

[Post New]by spydee on Feb 19, 11 2:48 PM
Great game but very disappointing because of tech issue - error message. I tried to uninstall and download a second time, but I still got the error message. I'd like to buy the game on sale, but after reading all the problems other fish are having, I guess I'll have to pass. :o(

[Post New]by catatood on Feb 19, 11 3:05 PM
just bought the game last nite played while then today went after pressed play error showed up then it shuts off. try uninstall and redo but still will not work

JessF
Clownfish
Clownfish
773 Posts

[Post New]by JessF on Feb 19, 11 3:09 PM
Darla1108 wrote:I played the demo for 30 minutes, quit and then when I went back into it, I am getting the access violation error. I wanted to get this while they are having the sale. Please get this fixed so that we can play this game.

Exactly what happened to me. I had trouble finding the nut. exited the game, read the board, went back into the game and got an Access violation as soon as I clicked play.

I had no trouble with the prior Treasure Seeker games.

dianaluna
Herring
Herring
339 Posts

FRUSTRATED

[Post New]by dianaluna on Feb 19, 11 3:22 PM
chillygirl wrote:Awww FIDDLE!!!! Access code violation. I've tried everything mentioned here too. I thunked maybe I'd get it on the Pres. Day sale price

Yeah, add me to the other fish-I played the whole demo without a glitch, but after I bought it...nothing but that violation message as soon as i hit "play." I am using XP & I have the latest downloads and a recent game card, but I can't get this game to work. It is especially disappointing because I had to wait so long for this game to come out in regular edition...and as Chillygirl said, I hoped I could take advantage of the sale.

nameplater
Stingray
Stingray
4,776 Posts

[Post New]by nameplater on Feb 19, 11 3:23 PM
I played for 20 min and left the game. Went back in and got the access violation error.

Uninstalled/reinstalled...started new profile. Played 10 min. Left the game and went back in and got access violation error again.

Like JeffF, I have all the other TS games & they all play just fine.

rozanne123
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by rozanne123 on Feb 19, 11 3:36 PM
lovely62 wrote:once i made a new profile the game works great!! try to do that and see what happens, The game is really a cool game..thx

I followed this advice and left the game to enter it again and I got the access code violation. Looks like a very good game if you can get into it.

[Post New]by QueenMarcy on Feb 19, 11 3:38 PM
lovely62 wrote:once i made a new profile the game works great!! try to do that and see what happens, The game is really a cool game..thx

Thanks lovely62. This worked for me. But why do I have the feeling that I've played this game already? Deja vu all over again? LOL

gjnashif
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

[Post New]by gjnashif on Feb 19, 11 3:41 PM
Well, what do you know, the access violation happened to me as well, but I am simply not going to hassle it, I will call BFG on Monday and get a refund or a game credit......

I am not going to waste my time sending in the Dr. Felix stuff, because they probably will tell me that it is my computer, which it is not, but translated it generally means ... "we do not know really know what the heck ia wrong so live with it...."

This happened to with Mishap2 on the developers site, I DL from namco, game would not run they said that I did not have enough memory, but when the game appeared on GH I was able to play it no issues..... not sure if this game will appear anywhere else, but I am not going to stick around to find out, I have too many other great games to play.... that are playable....at least that is one man's opinion....

Edited on 02/19/2011 at 3:42:54 PM PST

Blackie61958
Shark
Shark
12,595 Posts

[Post New]by Blackie61958 on Feb 19, 11 3:51 PM
I downloaded just fine, I started playing
I stopped playing,I started playing again & I get the error message that was not there when I played the 1st time

iamlindy
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by iamlindy on Feb 19, 11 4:21 PM
I played the demo of the CE and no problem, waited for the SE to come out and when i quit after 30, thinking to buy, went back to play and it would not-NOT play. Too bad! But as I see there are many, many people trying and getting the same error message for this game then they need to fix it I think. I know my computer is up to date, it's only 4 months old. I played the other Treasure Seekers and looked forward to this one. Good series if you can get it to play that is. I am really dissappointed.

gameslvr
Clownfish
Clownfish
553 Posts

[Post New]by gameslvr on Feb 19, 11 4:25 PM

I too was getting the "access violation" notice but when I did as lovely suggested and created a new profile it did work so I too suggest trying that. Thanks lovely, for the suggestion. Only this game seems familiar to me. I could swear I played it before. Anyone else?

nikma
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by nikma on Feb 19, 11 4:25 PM
purtroppo, dopo vari tentativi,compresa le reinstallazione,non riesco ad aprire il gioco,ma da sempre errore violazione d'accesso....cosa devo fare....!!!

[Post New]by SHARKY_LOU on Feb 19, 11 4:30 PM
annearnold wrote:GOOD MORNING

I played Treasure Seekers for the one hour trial then decided to buy. Had to uninstall and reinstall. This fault keeps coming up. Access violation 0x0040149e, tried to read from 0x000000c, program terminated. I have uninstaled again as I am afraid my computer will become corrupt. Whats up?

same for me. i can delete my profile and start from scratch, but i cant continue from when i left off. i get the same violation

jeene
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by jeene on Feb 19, 11 4:39 PM
another game withn issues, i dont think in all the years i have been with BF i have had as many issues as in the last few months! i am getting very weary of access code errors. crashes and getting credits. Forget the green envelope or Dr Felix, neither one helped so its a waste. you get games that look good and i would be willing to buy but they turn out to be a big disappointment because they're unplayable. and why should i have to go through all this investigation to find out why products that i pay a monthly charge for are not working? becoming more and more disillusioned with BF.

strstrk
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by strstrk on Feb 19, 11 4:41 PM
Hi Fishies,
I bought this game after playing demo for 20 minutes. Then it wouldn't work...same error problem as everyone else. I reinstalled twice, no fix.
I have Vista, so its not a windows 7 problem. Hope it gets fixed. I used my credit to buy it.
Please let us know if and when it is fixed.
Cheers,
strstrk

[Post New]by littlejoe_77 on Feb 19, 11 4:42 PM
I have down loaded this game several times and it keeps giving me an error when I TRY TO RUN IT , Is there a sotution for this ? Thank You Peter

Nynaeve70
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by Nynaeve70 on Feb 19, 11 4:54 PM
If I restart with a new profile - then it works fine. However, when I have to close it out for any reason, when I click on play - I also get the access violation.....

This means to play the game I have to find the time to play all the way through without closing it out for any reason......

rozanne123
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by rozanne123 on Feb 19, 11 5:06 PM
Tabbitha53 wrote:As soon as I hit 'Play' I get the access denied message.I have reinstalled 3 times now but still getting the same error message.

A reinstall usually fixes any games I get a problem with but sadly not this time.

Any advice gratefully recieved

ty

tabby

Go to: