[Post New]by OLDBAY on Feb 21, 11 10:14 AM
Nope ...not for me ...

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Relics of Fate: A Penny Macey Mystery

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Feb 21, 11 10:16 AM
A very cute game for preteens. It is a little too simplistic for my tastes but will probably buy it at the lesser price so that I have something to play since I have solved all the CE games. I agree with another player that it is slightly reminiscent of the Nancy Drew games; however, the Nancy Drew games are much more challenging than this game. Okay game for something to do but don't expect to find very challenging puzzles here. But at least it isn't all HOG scenes which is pretty common for this type of low end game. Very well done graphically and the imagery is pretty good.

JanG7
Guppy
Guppy
110 Posts

[Post New]by JanG7 on Feb 21, 11 10:20 AM
Just finished the game and it was a bit on the shorts side, but I thought it was well worth the sale price. Graphics were nice and I didn't mind the music. It is also a simple game (for me), and a great beginner game for new comers to IHOG'S. I hope the next "Penny Macey Mystery" is longer if a sale isn't going on. lol.

Happy gaming and thank you BFG for the President's Day sale.

[Post New]by gamebaby47 on Feb 21, 11 11:15 AM
It does seems to be a little short and kind of easy. But it is still a cute game. I think I may buy it at the felix sale price. This is one my grandkids could probably enjoy playing when they come over to visit.

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Feb 21, 11 11:16 AM
Enjoyable diversion. I play games to help pass the time and enjoy retirement. This game is a pleasant way to pass the day. It's a buy for me.

LOLOVESHOG
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by LOLOVESHOG on Feb 21, 11 11:25 AM
BEWARE!!! I encountered an error popup at the end and I'm not the only one!!!!!!

Cobweb55
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by Cobweb55 on Feb 21, 11 11:38 AM
Hmmm.... most of the negative comments about this game seem to be about the length of it. That aside, most have really enjoyed it, so I think I'm going to jump into the deep end of the pond and buy it... especially at the sale price.

Do the math: $4.99 for a 3 hour game = $1.66 an hour. Try going to a movie for that price!! Even at the dollar matinee you'd pay another $5.00 for a huge bucket of popcorn!!

I prolong short(er) games by playing on the expert mode and by finding all the objects in the order listed, or in alphabetical order. (when you are old, you get to make up your own rules!! ) Sounds squirrely... but it works for me!!

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on Feb 21, 11 11:42 AM
hannah57 wrote:Well I played the demo and then deleted it. I find this game way too easy and kind of boring. I hope those who bought it enjoy it.

Ditto.

jaylake
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by jaylake on Feb 21, 11 11:44 AM
Used a credit for this and cannot finish it. I assume I was right at the end and got an error message. Tried to reinstall no joy ArrGH. Seem to be getting my fair share of probs with games just recently. Must admit however this is always dealt with in a prompt and fair way. Not the best game but I would have liked to finish it

[Post New]by dolores3355 on Feb 21, 11 11:59 AM
Question: i know what a hog (hidden object game) is, but i don't know what an iHOG is or a FROG. could someone please enlighten me??? love those HOGs though, they are my favorite type of games. thanks to anyone who answers this!

cme550
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by cme550 on Feb 21, 11 12:24 PM
This is a cute game! Demoed and bought before I went to work this morning for the Presidents Day sale. It's different than most HOG games these days, not dark and spooky. Though I LOVE dark and spooky games, its also nice to have a lighter game to enjoy.

I positively love the cute doggie hint!

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Feb 21, 11 12:27 PM
Old_Man_River wrote:Enjoyable diversion. I play games to help pass the time and enjoy retirement. This game is a pleasant way to pass the day. It's a buy for me.

I totally resemble the above comments!

Its a nice change from dark gloomy spooky.

honeyg412
Clownfish
Clownfish
985 Posts

[Post New]by honeyg412 on Feb 21, 11 12:36 PM
dolores3355 wrote:Question: i know what a hog (hidden object game) is, but i don't know what an iHOG is or a FROG. could someone please enlighten me??? love those HOGs though, they are my favorite type of games. thanks to anyone who answers this!

Hi Dolores3355

At some point most of us have asked the same question.
iHOG = interactive hidden object game
FROG = fractured hidden object game

Hope this helps. Happy gaming

honeyg412
Clownfish
Clownfish
985 Posts

[Post New]by honeyg412 on Feb 21, 11 12:39 PM
Must say I really am enjoying this game. Between the games that wouldn't work and games I'm just not into this game comes as a welcome relief. It may be short but I love iHOG's so for the sale price - Had to have it.

Happy gaming fellow fishies.

angelfishsb
Minnow
Minnow
258 Posts

[Post New]by angelfishsb on Feb 21, 11 1:35 PM
I enjoyed the game very much. It was especially enjoyable that I had no problems, did not need a walkthrough and hints were enough. I am looking forward to more games by these delvelopers and of course Penny.

mycatluna
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

Happy Gamer Here

[Post New]by mycatluna on Feb 21, 11 3:43 PM
Without comparing it to any of the CE's we've had released lately, this is a very well done game in it's own right. It is relaxing, the puzzles are intuitive and fun, the story is interesting (although it's not a new idea by any means) and you actually get the feeling that you are "playing detective". There are several nice touches including the characters you meet, the evidence board, the cute dog and the collection of clues.

Overall, it's a nice way to spend part of a day. The game overall is well-polished with only a few grammatical errors (one of my biggest pet peeves) but not enough to negatively affect game play in any way.

I appreciate the variety. It's part Hidden Object, part IHOG and part adventure. The variety makes sense to the current task at hand and keeps the game interesting.

While it may be shorter in length, with the sale this weekend, it is a definite buy for me. Additionally, quantity does not always equal quality. I would rather spend two to three hours on a very well done game than five to six hours on a "so-so" game. With that said, even without the sale, I would have purchased it.

I hope to see more in this series! Good job developers-the reviews have been good enough that creating a series with this heroine should be easy!

[Post New]by iampeacewalker on Feb 21, 11 4:02 PM
Thank You Thank You Thank You BFg...finally a game that runs uninterrupted
No access violations it ran with ease and was fun

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Feb 21, 11 4:34 PM
it is well made, is bright, easy and has a cute dog..........but i found it boring!

Masanders
Guppy
Guppy
124 Posts

[Post New]by Masanders on Feb 21, 11 11:35 PM
I really liked the game. I liked the fact that everything you add to your inventory has a logical purpose for later in the game. I was considering buying it while the sale was still going on, but since I always play the demo all the way through I was disappointed that I had found 4 out of the 8 relics during my hour of play. Because of this, I decided to wait for it to come out as a DD.

Artwork was good, there's not too much dialogue (one click would get you to the next line and you could get through it quickly if you read fast, like I do), and the puzzles were interesting. I played the game on the Advanced mode and was still able to get halfway through in an hour. Well, at least I was able to find half of the relics. This is not to say that the game is over when the 8th relic is found. There could still be some more story afterward.

From what other members have said, the game is not that long, so I will wait for it to come out at a lower price. It's easy to find yourself dropping some serious cash buying interesting games to play. You have to choose which ones are worth buying as CE's, which as SE's and which will be (possibly) DD's. Unfortunately, this one will have to wait until it appears as a DD for me to buy it.

bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Feb 22, 11 1:24 AM
Hi fishies,

This thread has been stickied!

We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments and opinions in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread here.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

Go to: