squirlly
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

Re:Welcome to Dark Parables: The Exiled Prince Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by squirlly on Mar 3, 11 4:32 PM
Hi everyone, I am stuck on the slipper in the shoe room. I can't get the shoe to come up so I can ger the Gold Lever. Love these games. Help please!

 
WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

Re:Welcome to Dark Parables: The Exiled Prince Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by WilJul on Mar 3, 11 4:45 PM
squirlly wrote:Hi everyone, I am stuck on the slipper in the shoe room. I can't get the shoe to come up so I can ger the Gold Lever. Love these games. Help please!

Are you clicking on the correct shoe?
SPOILER (highlight to read):

The shoe is on the shelves on the right, about the middle shelf. When you click on it, it will zoom in and you can see the lever under the shoe. Just click on the lever.

Hope this helps!

 

Re:Welcome to Dark Parables: The Exiled Prince Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by Liberty1234 on Mar 3, 11 8:39 PM
WilJul wrote:
zizie wrote:HI Im stuck. Where can i find Secret Tree Disc??

If you're playing the game for the first time, you cannot get the Secret Tree Disc. You will get it during your second game. You do not need it to complete your first game.

I'm stuck in the same place and can't go further because none of the armory features will work, I can't place the mirrors or the orb, because I can't finish the secret tree disc. o I have to start over? in Hard Mode??? Bummer

 
WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

Re:Welcome to Dark Parables: The Exiled Prince Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by WilJul on Mar 3, 11 10:55 PM
Liberty1234 wrote:
WilJul wrote:
zizie wrote:HI Im stuck. Where can i find Secret Tree Disc??

If you're playing the game for the first time, you cannot get the Secret Tree Disc. You will get it during your second game. You do not need it to complete your first game.

I'm stuck in the same place and can't go further because none of the armory features will work, I can't place the mirrors or the orb, because I can't finish the secret tree disc. o I have to start over? in Hard Mode??? Bummer

Liberty1234, you do NOT need the Secret Tree Disc to complete your game. Just ignore that part and get on with your game. Placing the mirrors and the orb in the armory have nothing to so with the Secret Tree Disc. MargieB created a thread discussing this (it only mentions the Golden Crown, but it's the same issue), called Playing Hard Mode and Receiving the Crown, it's near the top of the first page of this forum marked with a yellow sticky note.

 
Indigo_Frost
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

Re:Welcome to Dark Parables: The Exiled Prince Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by Indigo_Frost on Mar 4, 11 12:57 AM
WilJul wrote:
Indigo_Frost wrote:

Mostly I am really happy with the game, although I have to say that the in-game Strategy Guide is a big FAIL! It's poorly done, has many missing steps left out, and the scene-shots are so small you really can't see much of what's going on, and/or what the person who wrote the guide is trying to show and tell you.


Did you try clicking on the pictures? They will enlarge in another window.



Yeah, and I couldn't get it to work, but I am going back in to replay on HARD and we'll see if that changes anything.

Oh, btw, for those who couldn't find the Frog Crown, when I opened the game in HARD mode, after playing the BONUS GAME, it just appeared in my inventory! Go figure, lol; maybe it will do the same for you guys? Good luck, and thanks for the comments ~

 
squirlly
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

Re:Welcome to Dark Parables: The Exiled Prince Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by squirlly on Mar 4, 11 2:50 PM
Thank you for telling me wherethe shoe was, but now I am stuck again, I can't find the secret tree disc. Appreciate your help again. Thank you

 
WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

Re:Welcome to Dark Parables: The Exiled Prince Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by WilJul on Mar 4, 11 4:10 PM
squirlly wrote:Thank you for telling me wherethe shoe was, but now I am stuck again, I can't find the secret tree disc. Appreciate your help again. Thank you

Hi squirlly! The secret tree disc cannot be found the first time you play. It is not required to finish the game the first time through. Just continue on without it.

 
WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

Re:Welcome to Dark Parables: The Exiled Prince Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by WilJul on Mar 4, 11 4:14 PM
Indigo_Frost wrote:
Yeah, and I couldn't get it to work, but I am going back in to replay on HARD and we'll see if that changes anything.

Oh, btw, for those who couldn't find the Frog Crown, when I opened the game in HARD mode, after playing the BONUS GAME, it just appeared in my inventory! Go figure, lol; maybe it will do the same for you guys? Good luck, and thanks for the comments ~

That's weird, can't imagine why your SG pictures wouldn't enlarge, hope it's working now.

MargieB has a thread devoted to the frog crown issue called Playing Hard Mode and Receiving the Crown, it's marked with a yellow sticky note near the top of this forum.

Edited on 03/04/2011 at 4:14:44 PM PST


 

Re:Welcome to Dark Parables: The Exiled Prince Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by amenjc on Mar 4, 11 6:32 PM
Can't get into the greenhouse. I have the key but can't find the bolt cutters. Help!!

 

Re:Welcome to Dark Parables: The Exiled Prince Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by MajaBieneMaja on Mar 4, 11 7:24 PM
I'm stuck as well....I have the magic wand, and absolutely nothing in my inventory left! The map says that I should go to the green house and also search the princess' temple....but there's nothing to do anywhere....I have no locations with red stars left either...i thought the whole point was getting this wand, and the game would be pretty much over after that, but yeah....

What do I do with the magic wand???

Edited on 03/04/2011 at 7:26:51 PM PST


 
WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

Re:Welcome to Dark Parables: The Exiled Prince Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by WilJul on Mar 5, 11 12:52 AM
amenjc wrote:Can't get into the greenhouse. I have the key but can't find the bolt cutters. Help!!


SPOILERS (highlight to read):

The bolt cutters are in the cage with the skull on top. Use the key you found in the HOG near the princess statues.

Hope that helps!

 
WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

Re:Welcome to Dark Parables: The Exiled Prince Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by WilJul on Mar 5, 11 12:59 AM
MajaBieneMaja wrote:I'm stuck as well....I have the magic wand, and absolutely nothing in my inventory left! The map says that I should go to the green house and also search the princess' temple....but there's nothing to do anywhere....I have no locations with red stars left either...i thought the whole point was getting this wand, and the game would be pretty much over after that, but yeah....

What do I do with the magic wand???


SPOILERS (highlight to read):

You use the wand on the round pedestal in front of the tiara puzzle. You need to use the uncursed potion on it. After that you use it on the prince.

Hope this helps! The strategy guide is pretty detailed and can really help you when you get stuck!

 

Re:Welcome to Dark Parables: The Exiled Prince Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by GameCrazy10 on Mar 5, 11 7:04 AM
Wow oh wow! After reading all the posts on the new game, I wonder why I spent $14 for a game that leaves us all up a creek without a paddle. I speak to the crown to the frog on the door at the beginning of the game (chapter 2). I came into the forum to see if I was playing the game wrong or if someone had an answer to why I could not find this crown for frog even while I am using the strategy guide. Guess I am among many who have this problem.
My question/statement is: "why would BF put out a game with so many glitches?" BF gives us good games usually.
Oh well, I have stated my thoughts. Hope the game is not like this all the way through.

 
WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

Re:Welcome to Dark Parables: The Exiled Prince Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by WilJul on Mar 5, 11 3:57 PM
GameCrazy10 wrote:Wow oh wow! After reading all the posts on the new game, I wonder why I spent $14 for a game that leaves us all up a creek without a paddle. I speak to the crown to the frog on the door at the beginning of the game (chapter 2). I came into the forum to see if I was playing the game wrong or if someone had an answer to why I could not find this crown for frog even while I am using the strategy guide. Guess I am among many who have this problem.
My question/statement is: "why would BF put out a game with so many glitches?" BF gives us good games usually.
Oh well, I have stated my thoughts. Hope the game is not like this all the way through.


The frog crown is not a glitch. It is a game design element formulated to give value to repeat game play. You do not need this item to progress in your first playing of the game.

 
Shirm1
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

Re:Welcome to Dark Parables: The Exiled Prince Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by Shirm1 on Mar 6, 11 8:00 AM
I am stuck in the cottage. I am supposed to click on the red dot on a picture, but I can't get close enough to find it. What have I done wrong?

 
WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

Re:Welcome to Dark Parables: The Exiled Prince Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by WilJul on Mar 6, 11 9:15 AM
Shirm1 wrote:I am stuck in the cottage. I am supposed to click on the red dot on a picture, but I can't get close enough to find it. What have I done wrong?

I'm not sure, Shirm1. I just clicked on the painting to zoom in, then pushed the button. Are you in Snow White's cottage? Did you get the bracelet? Are you looking at the correct picture?

 
Shirm1
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

Re:Welcome to Dark Parables: The Exiled Prince Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by Shirm1 on Mar 6, 11 11:33 AM
I found my error and fixed it. Thanks!!

 
Indigo_Frost
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

Re:Welcome to Dark Parables: The Exiled Prince Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by Indigo_Frost on Mar 6, 11 4:21 PM

"That's weird, can't imagine why your SG pictures wouldn't enlarge, hope it's working now.

MargieB has a thread devoted to the frog crown issue called Playing Hard Mode and Receiving the Crown, it's marked with a yellow sticky note near the top of this forum. "

Ok, thanks for the advice. When I went back in and played on HARD MODE, the screen-shots opened up and I could see them much better; not sure why I couldn't get it to work first time through.

SPOILER ALERT: there were still a couple of mysteries to be solved within the game, (places to explore), and a tie-in with the BONUS GAME, and a (hopefully) sequel, then became apparent. At least this game follows through with this particular story-line and they didn't leave you hanging, without finishing this particular story-line (like a couple of other games I've played recently). I hate it when the devs. do that!
END OF SPOILER ALERT

Anyway, thanks for the information ~ Cheers!

 
sixmilecoss
Guppy
Guppy
134 Posts

Re:Welcome to Dark Parables: The Exiled Prince Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by sixmilecoss on Mar 6, 11 6:27 PM
decemberldy wrote:having trouble in chapter 7, where it says to exit thru vine room , where is the vine room?




i got the vine room, but i don't have the things to put in the hands of the statues and don't know where to find them. the map isn't giving me any clues.

 
WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

Re:Welcome to Dark Parables: The Exiled Prince Collector's Edition forum

[Post New]by WilJul on Mar 6, 11 7:25 PM
sixmilecoss wrote:
i got the vine room, but i don't have the things to put in the hands of the statues and don't know where to find them. the map isn't giving me any clues.


SPOILER:
You need a Prince Portrait and a Princess portrait.

 
 
 
 
Go to: