Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Dark Parables: The Exiled Prince Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Lordshandmaiden on Feb 24, 11 7:55 AM
dobbiemijnboekje wrote:
Lordshandmaiden wrote:Hi all,
I am a little confused. Some of you are saying about using your punch cards to purchase this game. I thought it said that you cannot use your punch cards to purchase CE's?? Maybe I am just misunderstanding what you are saying.
We talk about the punchcard. Roxiestar and I have a punchcard with 5 punches. When we now going to buy we lose 2 punches. And that is a pitty.

Well, we have 4 days to decide. Maybe there are more nice games in februari that we can buy. And than I buy this wonderfull game.

I hope you understand me.

I am afraid I don't quite understand. I have 2 punch cards now, but you cannot use them to purchase CE games, right?

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Dark Parables: The Exiled Prince Collector's Edition

[Post New]by peglegann on Feb 24, 11 8:02 AM
Lordshandmaiden What they meant is, that if they buy this CE then it will start another card with 2 punches on it and as we are near the end of February they would have to buy games to get 4 more punches, or lose the extra 2, as they do not carry over. We cannot buy CE's with the punchcard credits, correct. Hope this helps

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Feb 24, 11 8:02 AM
Lordshandmaiden wrote:
dobbiemijnboekje wrote:
Lordshandmaiden wrote:Hi all,
I am a little confused. Some of you are saying about using your punch cards to purchase this game. I thought it said that you cannot use your punch cards to purchase CE's?? Maybe I am just misunderstanding what you are saying.
We talk about the punchcard. Roxiestar and I have a punchcard with 5 punches. When we now going to buy we lose 2 punches. And that is a pitty.

Well, we have 4 days to decide. Maybe there are more nice games in februari that we can buy. And than I buy this wonderfull game.

I hope you understand me.

I am afraid I don't quite understand. I have 2 punch cards now, but you cannot use them to purchase CE games, right?
That is true, I now that. When I buy a SE I get an punch. Than I have 2 cards now, but not to buy this game. But when I buy this game than I lose 2 punches.

I am a Dutch fishie, maybe someone can explain it better. Sorry!

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Feb 24, 11 8:03 AM
Lordshandmaiden wrote:
peglegann wrote:
banor wrote:At work but I can't wait to go home and download - luckily I can afford the CE and am closed to finishing two punch cards - sad when your credit card company calls me to verify game purchases and never hear of HOGS, they are so vigilant about fraud these days but I wonder if it is a sign that I purchase too many games.

Yes. It could be a sign that you purchase too many games
Don't we all?

Have you ever looked at your purchase history??? That can be eye-opening!

Yes I have looked and counted them all

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Feb 24, 11 8:03 AM
peglegann wrote:Lordshandmaiden What they meant is, that if they buy this CE then it will start another card with 2 punches on it and as we are near the end of February they would have to buy games to get 4 more punches, or lose the extra 2, as they do not carry over. We cannot buy CE's with the punchcard credits, correct. Hope this helps
Thanks!

[Post New]by Lordshandmaiden on Feb 24, 11 8:06 AM
Ahh! I understand now, thank you so much.
I never think of that, I just go..."Oooooo...two game credits"

djrum525
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,389 Posts

[Post New]by djrum525 on Feb 24, 11 8:13 AM
Normally, I don't like FROGs. But the Dark Parables games are the exception for me!! Based on demo only-and it will be a definite buy!
Stunningly beautiful graphics! Music may've imitated the first one with a few little differences here and there as far as I can remember. I haven't played the first one in awhile and I loved the music in Briar Rose so NBD.
Re the fractured objects, I think it's a bit more difficult to find them in this game. Or maybe my eyesight has gotten worse! Challenging!! Plus the morphing objects (I love 'em), I've only found two as I keep forgetting about them. Totally immersed in other aspects of this game!
Puzzles, WOW...the first one stumped me, but I got through it! The joy of solving a puzzle w/o using HINT! One puzzle I stumbled upon...loved it! Good one devs!!
It seems there will be some backtracking and my memory will have to be in top form to remember all these places and my time ran out before the alloted time given...so it will be a long game for me!!
No tech issues on my Windows Vista machine. Always a big plus!

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Feb 24, 11 8:16 AM
Lordshandmaiden wrote:Ahh! I understand now, thank you so much.
I never think of that, I just go..."Oooooo...two game credits"

[Post New]by hydrogibbon on Feb 24, 11 8:40 AM
Rose Brier was one of my favorite games so of course I'm going to buy this one. I just played a half hour of the demo and purchased. I'm downloading now. I love the look of this game and know I won't be sorry I bought it.

patjoy
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,880 Posts

[Post New]by patjoy on Feb 24, 11 8:41 AM
Yea! The sequal to Briar Rose is finally here! I couldn't be happier...well maybe if it hadn't come out when I'm having wall to wall company for the weekend and won't have time to play. However, I'll have it to look forward to for Sunday night. Thanks everyone for your reviews and helpful hints.

Debnfla
Herring
Herring
336 Posts

[Post New]by Debnfla on Feb 24, 11 8:56 AM
What a fun hour I just spent playing the demo! And I too jumped when it ended. 4 days until the new month but I checked my punch card and would only loose one punch if I buy the CE now. Surely I could find 5 games to buy in 4 days....hahahaha My precious husband just shakes his head as I sit and try to figure out how to buy this CE and NOT lose any punches. Thank goodness the man indulges me...hahahaha!!!
I wonder if my daughter has seen this new game? I told her that Mudrock said it was coming out this week...to keep an eye out for it. I just bet she is hope MOM will buy this one for her too...LOL Who knows??? Perhaps MOM will!

Deb(the MOM)

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Feb 24, 11 9:01 AM
This game is a "winner". Just bought it and I'm still drooling.

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Feb 24, 11 9:04 AM
mhatfie wrote:This game is a "winner". Just bought it and I'm still drooling.

Oh no! You got me all wet! Ooops no. it is not you mhatfie, I am in a pond Silly me.
I agree, it is a winner, I am thoroughly enjoying it, using the sneakers a lot as goofy says.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Feb 24, 11 9:11 AM
Hello everyone,

Thank you for starting up this thread! I'm going to go ahead and sticky it so that others can join in the review fun.

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

If you are experiencing technical issues with the game, please refer to our Technical Issues thread here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

-bfgArnoStyx

gentlegirl
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by gentlegirl on Feb 24, 11 9:23 AM
Hi!

I absolutely LOVE this game The graphics are stunning and the story interesting It is indeed a worthy follower to the first Dark Parables

lorialcorn2006
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

yet another collectors edition

[Post New]by lorialcorn2006 on Feb 24, 11 9:45 AM
Is this now standard practice to put good games on CE and less than good games on SE because if this keeps up I'm going to cancel my game club . I had to wait for the treasure seekers game and glad I did because it was not that great a game . I have a game credit about to expire because there are just no good games available to use it on and the months almost over and Ill have a new credit for a 6.99 game that Ill probably not be able to use until a CE come down to SE . seems like Ive been waiting forever for the one I want to be available to me . I cant afford 14.99 games anymore . every day I check to see if there is a game I can afford but I'm not going to just willy nilly buy a SE because its there if its not that good, I went that rout with house of cards .. played it once and trashed it . I would so hate to cancel my game club but with nothing coming out I can enjoyably play whats the point in keeping it ... sorry just had to vent

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Feb 24, 11 11:40 AM
peglegann wrote:
mhatfie wrote:This game is a "winner". Just bought it and I'm still drooling.

Oh no! You got me all wet! Ooops no. it is not you mhatfie, I am in a pond Silly me.
I agree, it is a winner, I am thoroughly enjoying it, using the sneakers a lot as goofy says.

I have alot of sneakers in my closet just waiting to be used.

Rose151
Clownfish
Clownfish
520 Posts

[Post New]by Rose151 on Feb 24, 11 12:18 PM
I had the good fortune to beta this game. If for no other reason, I loved it because the Mini Games were so original!!

MsNona1126
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,880 Posts

[Post New]by MsNona1126 on Feb 24, 11 12:48 PM
WOW...Excellent, exciting, clear and wonderful story. Loved everthing about this game...Will be buying it after I pay the mortgage..

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Feb 24, 11 12:53 PM
I love this game! I really like the "find the pieces" type of game (sorry, don't know all the abbreviations for the different games, but you know what I mean). I bought the first Dark Parables CE and loved that one as well. Awesome graphics, and story line. I like the games because they are very different than what we are use to getting, but need a little more explanation as to what you are to do. Strategy Guide is a bit confusing as it has the casual mode instructions as well as the more difficult version together, but I figured it out. Played the demo with 9 minutes to spare and only used the SG twice when I got stuck. Naturally don't like the cursor. I much prefer the standard. Moste definitely a buy for me.

Thanks for the reviews...you have said it all.

Go to: