Rinaanne
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

Re:Post any Dark Parables: The Exiled Prince Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by Rinaanne on Feb 28, 11 8:54 AM
I'm playing on Hard and am right where you have to get on the boat to get to the little island. But my oar disappeared from my inventory! Went back to the cave just to check yup not there and now I can't continue because I have no oar. Has this happened to anyone else?

Re:Post any Dark Parables: The Exiled Prince Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by hatestechproblem on Feb 28, 11 9:17 AM
Nafretiti wrote:Two things up with me:

1: I can't play the bonus game, I have finished the game, click the tick at the end (when it scrolls through different scenes of the game) and nothing, it comes back telling me I have to finish the game even when I have let those pictures scroll for at least 5 minutes, no ending credits or anything, it just wont finish so I can get the bonus content.

2: My game doesn't let me choose between hard mode or normal mode, I can play the game fine, it asks me if I want a tutorial and that is it, no asking about hard mode or anything, it just gives me the normal one.

I am having the same problem is anyone working on a fix?

herisf
Herring
Herring
325 Posts

[Post New]by herisf on Feb 28, 11 4:47 PM
I'm on an iMac running Snow Leopard, and also cannot load DP-EP. I've deleted the game files as mentioned by AmandaGator in the Mac forums, emptied trash and restarted the computer, twice. Still won't load game and the GM crashes. I'll wait to see if the SE does any better.

Edited on 02/28/2011 at 4:48:07 PM PST

bulldog2
Clownfish
Clownfish
608 Posts

[Post New]by bulldog2 on Feb 28, 11 6:26 PM
herisf- I have the same problem with it as well. Am also on IMac running snow leopard. I have been in contact with tech support off and on since yesterday, they said they are turning the game over to the developer to get a fix for it as soon as possible.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Mar 1, 11 3:48 PM
To all Mac Fishies,

Please uninstall and reinstall your game to receive the latest Game Manager update. This should fix any issues you are having with the installation of this game. Thank you for your patience!

If you're still having troubles, please get in touch with Tech/Mac Support (you can click on this link for more information). Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

[Post New]by hatestechproblem on Mar 1, 11 4:30 PM
any fixs for the problems with the end of the game yet? are they even working on it? I still cant unlock the bonus content no matter how many times I beat the game!

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on Mar 2, 11 10:50 AM
Not sure this is a technical problem or what but I've noticed others posting this issue in the thread, too. Why isn't the game full screen?

No full screen = no purchase from me.

lssubabe
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by lssubabe on Mar 2, 11 3:03 PM
I, along with several others I've seen are having issues w/ finishing the game. I have found all 20 cursed items, gone through every area multiple times, and finished my objective of rescuing the girl several times. All I get is the final blurb about seeing the scary chick, then I get a sequence of rooms with a green check mark @ the bottom:

Cave
Shoe Closet
Snow White's Mirror Room

When I click on the check mark, it takes me back to the main menu and when I hit play, I go back to the final part. I do not have an option to play Hard Mode and my bonus game is locked.

This is ridiculous BFG! Get on the stick and find a way to fix this or people are going to stop buying your games!

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Mar 2, 11 10:30 PM
Forums are mostly for gamers to share tips, reviews and help one another. If you are having a true technical issue that other gamers cannot help you with, it is best to contact BFG tech service directly by using the green envelope to the right of these posts. Otherwise they are pretty much unaware of the issue. They are very helpful once they are alerted! Good luck! Please let us know if you get your issues fixed - it may help others with the same problem.

[Post New]by Shannon282007 on Mar 3, 11 5:27 AM
EUREKA!!! SUCCESS!!! THE FIX WORKED!!! lol i'm happy now...can you tell? lol Thank you, BFG!!

books4me13
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by books4me13 on Mar 3, 11 3:52 PM
crnaja wrote:Help I can't find the crown for the frog to open the door in the cave. I can not proceed until I open that area. Anyone got any hints where it is. I even restarted the game and still can't find it.

You win it after completing the game.

books4me13
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by books4me13 on Mar 3, 11 4:10 PM
Are the Morphing Cursed Objects disabled in Hard Mode? I finished the game but only had 19/20 objects, and wanted to get all 20 in hard mode. Anyone else having problems with them?

PS. LOVE THE GAME!!!! It is even better than Briar Rose! The storyline is so unique and interesting, and the artwork is fantastic! They better win a lot of awards with this one!

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Mar 3, 11 4:48 PM
books4me13 wrote:Are the Morphing Cursed Objects disabled in Hard Mode? I finished the game but only had 19/20 objects, and wanted to get all 20 in hard mode. Anyone else having problems with them?

PS. LOVE THE GAME!!!! It is even better than Briar Rose! The storyline is so unique and interesting, and the artwork is fantastic! They better win a lot of awards with this one!

The cursed objects are used to recharge your hints faster. There are no hints in hard mode. So, yes, they are disabled in hard mode.

[Post New]by soquelcalifornia on Mar 5, 11 12:51 PM
greyhoundgirl wrote:I can't even find the second Cursed Object or the small knife, let alone the Frog's crown. Can anyone help me out? Thanks

I cannot find the Frog's crown, either, and I started a second game just to see if I could find it. The strategy guide is incomplete. It doesn't tell you where you can FIND it, just where you can USE it.

Not happy.

bfgDonau
Flounder
Flounder
2,464 Posts

[Post New]by bfgDonau on Mar 5, 11 1:47 PM
soquelcalifornia wrote:
greyhoundgirl wrote:I can't even find the second Cursed Object or the small knife, let alone the Frog's crown. Can anyone help me out? Thanks

I cannot find the Frog's crown, either, and I started a second game just to see if I could find it. The strategy guide is incomplete. It doesn't tell you where you can FIND it, just where you can USE it.

Not happy.

Hi soquelcalifornia!

Please see this thread for more info regarding the crown:

Playing Hard Mode and Receiving the Crown.

Hope this helps!

-bfgDonau

JessF
Clownfish
Clownfish
773 Posts

[Post New]by JessF on Mar 6, 11 11:11 AM
I am unable to enter Snow White's cottage. The door is open but when I try and go inside it tells me to finish other areas first.

Never mind - Ignore this post. I thought the map showed you everything but you have to clock on the names.

Edited on 03/06/2011 at 11:17:06 AM PST

[Post New]by Queenthea10 on Mar 6, 11 8:19 PM
Rinaanne wrote:I'm playing on Hard and am right where you have to get on the boat to get to the little island. But my oar disappeared from my inventory! Went back to the cave just to check yup not there and now I can't continue because I have no oar. Has this happened to anyone else?

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Mar 7, 11 10:32 PM
Queenthea10 wrote:
Rinaanne wrote:I'm playing on Hard and am right where you have to get on the boat to get to the little island. But my oar disappeared from my inventory! Went back to the cave just to check yup not there and now I can't continue because I have no oar. Has this happened to anyone else?

The oar is not in the cave.

SPOILER (highlight to read):
It is in the swan princess' room with her ballet dress. It is leaning against a table on the right.

If it is not there and truly lost, I'm not sure what to tell you except to contact tech support.

kdmk
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by kdmk on Mar 13, 11 7:23 PM
Hi, I am stuck in Chapter 6 at snow whites cottage. I placed the silver apple on the silver pedestal, but the golden apple will not go onto the golden pedestal. I cannot figure it out....Please help!

Edited on 03/13/2011 at 7:24:20 PM PST

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Mar 13, 11 9:26 PM
kdmk wrote:Hi, I am stuck in Chapter 6 at snow whites cottage. I placed the silver apple on the silver pedestal, but the golden apple will not go onto the golden pedestal. I cannot figure it out....Please help!

Try this - while holding the apple, focus on touching your cursor tip to the pedestal instead of worrying about the apple itself. Many of these games read cursor placement more than the item you are holding. Hope you get it! Good luck!

Go to: