sammi21
Guppy
Guppy
150 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Jewel Quest: The Sleepless Star

[Post New]by sammi21 on Mar 4, 11 3:55 AM
It's fantastic! I have all the JQ games and I have loved them all....I love the value for money and the story lines....I have no problems with sound, and the pictures are running perfectly....I don't like to give up when I run out of time, so it;s try, try try till I get through..At least I know I can come back to it tomorrow and STILL have heaps of hours to go....Onya BIG FISH.....I will hate to finish this game as it's so challenging....If I'd never played the JQ games I guess it would be a bit daunting, but, as I said try, try...who wants to play a simple game anyway? I would guess that most of us are adults right? I'm a senior....I hate to finish (eventually) as I will have to wait for the NEXT ONE to come out....Thanks a million....sammi21

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Mar 4, 11 6:28 PM
mtgirl wrote:Too easy.I was surprised as the previous one(with the monkey traps)was so much harder. This was no challenge at all.

There are boards with monkeys in this one too, it's just that you don't have to play them if you don't want to.

[Post New]by FLAMEonfire on Mar 6, 11 2:51 AM
I have most of the Jewel Quest series and love to play them over and over again. Most of the games give me a challenge, which is good, that's what I buy them for! This one is too easy and not up to the quality that the rest of the series is. I find in this one if you watch the board you can see the moves that the game maker wants you to make. I played 4 or 5 boards and was bored out of my mind with this game. Not up to the standards of the Jewel Quest series. I'll pass this one up. I hope the next one they put out is back to their old style of being a challenge!As others have said, it would be nice to have a untimed version in the game too so you could relax and build up your score and get at those gold coins.They also need to watch their music, I noticed in some of their games the music skips it's very noticeable in this game.

grannnydee
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by grannnydee on Mar 7, 11 5:57 PM
I am board 6 and I tell you there aren"t enough specisls to eat the gobblers..I think it's a shame that you play the game almost to the end and can't complete it.. I can't stand a game that does NOT give you a chance.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Mar 7, 11 11:24 PM
Is that the board in chapter 6 that has 3 of the gobblers (enemy jewels) with a long narrow section in the middle? The trick is to work fast and look for matches at the bottom next to the enemies when the board loads, then match those out before the jewels get eaten. Then let the enemies climb up the board some so that they work like a roadblock, then drag jewels down into the empty spaces created to match out the long narrow middle section and any other parts of the corners at the bottom where the other 2 enemies were. The cascades should take care of a good part of the top section for you and you should be able to get at least a couple of specials to send the 2 enemies from the left and right sides back down to buy a little more time. Then if you need more time to finish working the board, work on getting another special and send the middle enemy back down. If you repeat this cycle again you should be able to finish the board. Hope that helps.

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Mar 13, 11 11:37 PM
I'm love love loving this game!!!

I've played thru it, and I'm up to Chapter 6 in getting gold stars on all levels. I've started a new profile just for untimed or no artifact play, and I plan to start another profile for match 5 type artifact play. Yes yes yes!!!!

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Mar 14, 11 6:23 PM
gimmegames wrote:I'm love love loving this game!!!

I've played thru it, and I'm up to Chapter 6 in getting gold stars on all levels. I've started a new profile just for untimed or no artifact play, and I plan to start another profile for match 5 type artifact play. Yes yes yes!!!!

Ooh, I never thought to play without any artifacts. That would make the game quite a challenge! Aren't you already playing "match 5" if you're getting gold stars on all the levels (since most of the artifact/amulet thingies are triggered when you match 5)?

BTW does your game run slow? I can't figure out why my copy moves so slowly when I'm playing. The cutscenes run just fine, it's just the gameplay that's annoyingly slow.

rentonwa
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,075 Posts

[Post New]by rentonwa on Mar 14, 11 11:52 PM
I love this game! I don't find it boring at all - as a matter of fact, I have to tear myself away from it because I want to play another chapter so I can find out what will happen next.
The game is challenging enough for me (I'm a long time avid match 3 player) and I'm only at chapter 3...
Thanks for a great game!

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Mar 18, 11 5:19 AM
SynthpopAddict wrote:
gimmegames wrote:I'm love love loving this game!!!

Ooh, I never thought to play without any artifacts. That would make the game quite a challenge! Aren't you already playing "match 5" if you're getting gold stars on all the levels (since most of the artifact/amulet thingies are triggered when you match 5)?

BTW does your game run slow? I can't figure out why my copy moves so slowly when I'm playing. The cutscenes run just fine, it's just the gameplay that's annoyingly slow.

To play with no artifacts, go to the artifact selection screen and click remove. Or select whatever artifact you want active. For my Match5 player profile, I don't select artifacts that *automatically* add time or turn tiles gold every minute - just the ones that require a match of 5 or more to make something happen.

And no, my game doesn't run slow - but it can be a pain waiting for all the matches and movements to stop at times - especially with the falling large blocks. You might try uninstalling and reinstalling your game to see if that helps any.

Edited on 03/18/2011 at 5:22:07 AM PST

AmyCT
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by AmyCT on Mar 21, 11 6:01 AM
I just finished the game and found it to be very good. I tried, and finally succeeded in getting gold in all levels, so that could be why I found it challenging enough. some took 20 or more tries. I found the extra time with a 5 match the most useful overall. I am not sure why I would need that last reward, since I was already done when I got it, but again, I thought this a very good game if one likes the timed challenge. I would find the relaxed mode too boring.

[Post New]by carmiegirl0 on Mar 21, 11 3:08 PM
Are y'all sure you are playing the Sleepless Star? Not only does it have an untimed mode, it is far from boring. As you get into the 3rd chapter and higher, it really gets complicated. There is a vast variety of challenges. Unfortunately for me, I have to do most of the boards in untimed. It's too stressful for me to try to beat the timer. I am having fun just trying to figure out how to get around all the obstacles and turn the whole board to gold. For me, the best Jewel Quest game is JQII. It allows you to save up the gold coin points for future boards. Then you can use them when you need them in a tight spot. This is the only one I've been able to finish in timed mode. I would love it if Sleepless Star had that feature. I might try it timed. Also, I agree with just about everybody who says the game runs slow because you can't make other matches while tiles are falling. This is definately a drawback.

sweetie58
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by sweetie58 on Mar 22, 11 7:31 PM
dootney wrote:The Jewel Quest Series are my favorite M3 Games. I have had it for quite some time and have finished it. However, it lacked the lustre and game satisfaction I experienced with the previous games. Cartoony characters and graphics and lack of imagination on the game boards. I liked some of the old game boards much more than the ones on this game. The ones they chose to repeat from other games are not the ones I would have chosen but thats the way it is. Still I would give it 4 out of 5 for a rating. Its hours of play time.

sweetie58
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by sweetie58 on Mar 22, 11 7:32 PM
it does have an untimed mode if you use the right animal you can play the whole thing untimed
however i can not get past the ones that eat you in number five

sweetie58
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by sweetie58 on Mar 22, 11 7:35 PM
carmiegirl0 wrote:Are y'all sure you are playing the Sleepless Star? Not only does it have an untimed mode, it is far from boring. As you get into the 3rd chapter and higher, it really gets complicated. There is a vast variety of challenges. Unfortunately for me, I have to do most of the boards in untimed. It's too stressful for me to try to beat the timer. I am having fun just trying to figure out how to get around all the obstacles and turn the whole board to gold. For me, the best Jewel Quest game is JQII. It allows you to save up the gold coin points for future boards. Then you can use them when you need them in a tight spot. This is the only one I've been able to finish in timed mode. I would love it if Sleepless Star had that feature. I might try it timed. Also, I agree with just about everybody who says the game runs slow because you can't make other matches while tiles are falling. This is definately a drawback.

sweetie58
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by sweetie58 on Mar 22, 11 7:36 PM
i agree with you, in fact you reflect my feeling about it exactly. Nice to talk to someone who shares my views

Nethelem
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by Nethelem on Mar 25, 11 6:53 AM
I played a trial period. And, i'm sorry, i was bored Music annoyed me .. Maybe i liked the story... I give B with "-" to this game.

Re: SPOILER ALERT-Your Comments and Reviews for Jewel Quest: The Sleepless Star

[Post New]by DAWP2003 on Apr 2, 11 8:11 AM
Spoiler Alert-Wish I had read the reveiws before I purchased. I don't like a game that prevents me from playing any other part of it if I can't master one board. Will not buy any others in this series.

Edited on 04/02/2011 at 12:41:11 PM PST

hellfern
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by hellfern on Apr 4, 11 12:14 PM
I'm one of those people who find the Jewel Quest games very difficult. I would like some more power-ups. I'm truly stuck on the Unbury Board in Chapter 5. Don't like not being able to skip a board and then go back to it. It takes me too many tries to finish the boards. The optional boards are easier.

[Post New]by carmiegirl0 on Apr 4, 11 4:56 PM
THIS IS THE MOST FRUSTRATING GAME EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I CAN ONLY FINISH MOST BOARDS IF I GO TO UNTIMED. EVEN THEN IT'S A CHALLENGE WHEN YOU HAVE THE TRAP BOARDS. AT FIRST IT WAS FUN JUST TO BE ABLE TO FINISH, BUT NOW I JUST DO NOT LIKE THIS GAME. I'M SORRY I BOUGHT IT.

[Post New]by b_m_j_h on Apr 4, 11 10:10 PM
I was really looking forward to this game, and after playing it for days and can't get past chapter 5 board 21, what do I have to look forward to? Not sure I like this game. A relaxed mode would be nice, or a better chance of getting some reward help from getting gold stars. Yep, gold and silver stars are weird. How many points do I need in order to get a gold star, and when I get one what do I recieve??? Going to go play another game..............

Go to: