chgo
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Serpent of Isis:Your Journey Continues

[Post New]by chgo on Feb 26, 11 2:39 PM
I agree. Robert needs to be at home and not on every screen shot.

cnbmimi11
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

[Post New]by cnbmimi11 on Feb 26, 11 3:10 PM
no buy for me..loved the first one but this is so boring . it is like the story line does not fit with the first one..

AirCoco
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by AirCoco on Feb 26, 11 3:26 PM
Hello to all, first time posting, long time buying,.

I hope you dont take this as meing mean or anything, it is just an observation Ive had for a few months and since I have an example in this thread I hope you dont mind me pointing out my thoughts.

This whole Big Fish message board seems to be the same X number of people talking to each other especially in reviews of games. There are probably hundreds of people who regularily buy games here and even read the boards but never post. I have not becaue sometimes all this 'talking in code' and back and forth to each other really makes me feel left out of some tight little party Im not invited to. Especially with this review, terms like Ihog and piglet, etc, are being thrown around as if everyone who ever comes here knows everything and are just talking to each other. it would be so so so nice if one person just simply wrote a profession, detailed, review of each game so people dont have to read through 9 pages of banter to see what's what. a lot of times too there are games that are really not at all good or cost way too much )like all the CEs lately, if Im paying $6.99 a month for a membership why would I pay $13.99 for a game every month? this is the same $19 I can pay in stores. ). But when there are games that cost a lot I see a bunch of people more defending Big Fish and game developers and telling us all that producing games cost a lot so we should understand that. CDs and things cost a lot too. The idea is to sell the games to us, its not my problem to pay a lot of crummy games. It gets so its not objective here because y'all are just defending anything Big fish does. please remember there are people here who are just stopping by to buy or browse games . please talk plain english. stop all the 'in jokes'. thats what parivate mail is for. I hope I dont sound mean. I dont mean it to be. thank you!!!

cagamenut
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

[Post New]by cagamenut on Feb 26, 11 3:52 PM
The game looks really interesting but I'm not sure I can stand to look at Robert. Beautiful graphics so why in the world would they put an ridiculous cartoon man in the lead?

jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on Feb 26, 11 4:19 PM
AirCoco wrote:Hello to all, first time posting, long time buying,.

people who regularily buy games here and even read the boards but never post. I have not becaue sometimes all this 'talking in code' and back and forth to each other really makes me feel left out of some tight little party Im not invited to. Especially with this review, terms like Ihog and piglet, etc, are being thrown around as if everyone who ever comes here knows everything and are just talking to each other. it would be so so so nice if one person just simply wrote a profession, detailed, review of each game so people dont have to read through 9 pages of banter to see what's what. a lot of times too there are games that are really not at all good or cost way too much )like all the CEs lately, if Im paying $6.99 a month for a membership why would I pay $13.99 for a game every month? this is the same $19 I can pay in stores. ). But when there are games that cost a lot I see a bunch of people more defending Big Fish and game developers and telling us all that producing games cost a lot so we should understand that. CDs and things cost a lot too. The idea is to sell the games to us, its not my problem to pay a lot of crummy games. It gets so its not objective here because y'all are just defending anything Big fish does. please remember there are people here who are just stopping by to buy or browse games . please talk plain english. stop all the 'in jokes'. thats what parivate mail is for. I hope I dont sound mean. I dont mean it to be. thank you!!!

Hi AirCoco.

(Sorry had to edit to fit it all in)

I am a reletive noobie here ( although my posts do seem to be creeping up )

Being in the UK, I tend to download the TGT at 8 am is & try it out after Jeremy Kyle ( Don't ask, He makes Jerry Springer look like Oprah Winfrey). Mean while, the reviews I look for are Goofduck, Casualgran & Dr Good & Poutle amongle a few.

I am on no means chatting terms with them.

I hardly ever post in my usual forums now because of the negativity that they bring. ( Digital and spy) but I have yet to encounter anything like that here apart from the few, who are proberbly kids who think the world owes them.

Lisa's pigs ratings do make sense after a while. I personally like to rate a game out of 10 not 5.

More importantly, I hope you keep posting ! The terms used , everyone will explain to you, I still don't know the ifference between an IFRog Etc.

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Feb 26, 11 4:27 PM
As an avid reader anyway, I don't mind the postings by familiar faces. I speed read so it is easy for me to click through and find what I need. And this thread is not only for Reviews, but for Comments...I don't really review, but I do comment alot, lol. Some of the posters do a very thorough review and I appreciate them. Others just comment and I appreciate most of them, too. There is room for all of us.

Corie60
Herring
Herring
379 Posts

[Post New]by Corie60 on Feb 26, 11 4:37 PM
I read all of the reviews and find most of them very helpful. Some folks have been writing for quite some time and have developed a friendly relationship and have some friendly banter. I find it refreshing and enjoy it myself. I will review on occasion and read these other reviews so often I feel warmly towards the regulars as well.

A straight up dry review can be pretty boring and perhaps what you are looking for is for BF to write up a step by step function of the particular game sans personality. They used to do that, but now leave it up to the forum users.

Folks being friends is not something that should make you feel left out as they are most welcoming here.

Oh, and since this is a review thread, I love the game as much if not more than the first one. Great game play and fun. Wish the WT would hurry up and post.

Corie

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Feb 26, 11 4:43 PM
Think I will go back and play the first one before I purchase this one. I have played 30 min of the trial and like it.. Graphic's clear and a map to show you where you are and I like that. Good to have 2 games follow each other and now have to deceide it I want to buy the CE or SE??

bluecat434
Clownfish
Clownfish
858 Posts

[Post New]by bluecat434 on Feb 26, 11 4:45 PM
I agree with most of the reviews. It's a good, solid ihog, and I'm really heartened to see one that has an initial release as a standard edition. I don't have anything to add to the positives already mentioned. Just a few (fussy) things about details:

1) I found the inventory interface to be a little awkward. It appears at the top of the screen but it's necessary to click on the bottom of the screen to open it. I thought this sort of interfered with the auto-pilot aspects of playing a game---the things you do just as a matter of course without having to consider.

2) As some mentioned, the constant pop-up-of-Robert was a little distracting and detracted from the flow of the game.

3) Mention in the tutorial that various objects in the inventory can be studied individually and that they yield clues to some of the puzzles and mini-games.

3) Since it was necessary to refer to inventory objects quite frequently, and often frequently in one mini-game alone, it might be an advantage if the inventory remained open until the gamer chooses to close it again, rather than having to re-open every time you need to study another item.

Other than that, I think it's a great game. You have much free movement through many scenes. The mini-games are creative, often challenging, nice story. Much to see and do .

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

Your Comments and Reviews for Serpent of Isis:Your Journey Continues

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Feb 26, 11 6:06 PM
peglegann wrote:It has been 2 years almost to the day since the 1st. one came out! I have tried this one for a short time the grapics are clear and the H0 scenes seem to be reasonably easy. Depending on the length it looks like a buy. First though, I think I will replay the other one. Looking forward to the reviews.

I did recently replay the first one in anticipation of this sequel coming out. I really liked the first one a lot - it was a very fun game.

My question... what the heck happened here?? Jeez... I am only in chapter one and I am already sick to death of one HOG scene after another for no apparent reason. This is not the typical IHOG I have come to expect. Sure, you pick up an inventory item here and there but... oh, man, so far I am so disappointed in this sequel... I am hoping that it gets better but I was thinking the same thing as I played through the introduction - then I started chapter one thinking "Okay then, here we go" and it really hasn't improved much yet...

I am just warning my fellow gamers - don't be too quick to buy because you liked the first one - be sure you "test drive" the whole demo first on this one. I will have to play the full demo hour to form my final opinion but so far - icky!!

[Post New]by birdcatfish on Feb 26, 11 6:12 PM
I liked the first game so I was looking forward to trying this one. Played the one hour demo and I found this a complete disappointment. I agree with another poster about Robert popping in too often and it aggravated me that you had to mouse click to get rid of him. I found the game play unintuitive and frustrating and the mini games with no direction was just a huge flaw, imo. No buy for me.

Your Comments and Reviews for Serpent of Isis:Your Journey Continues

[Post New]by mdut123 on Feb 26, 11 6:16 PM
shadowfax44 wrote:
peglegann wrote:It has been 2 years almost to the day since the 1st. one came out! I have tried this one for a short time the grapics are clear and the H0 scenes seem to be reasonably easy. Depending on the length it looks like a buy. First though, I think I will replay the other one. Looking forward to the reviews.

I did recently replay the first one in anticipation of this sequel coming out. I really liked the first one a lot - it was a very fun game.

My question... what the heck happened here?? Jeez... I am only in chapter one and I am already sick to death of one HOG scene after another for no apparent reason. This is not the typical IHOG I have come to expect. Sure, you pick up an inventory item here and there but... oh, man, so far I am so disappointed in this sequel... I am hoping that it gets better but I was thinking the same thing as I played through the introduction - then I started chapter one thinking "Okay then, here we go" and it really hasn't improved much yet...

I am just warning my fellow gamers - don't be too quick to buy because you liked the first one - be sure you "test drive" the whole demo first on this one. I will have to play the full demo hour to form my final opinion but so far - icky!!

[Post New]by mdut123 on Feb 26, 11 6:22 PM
I just wanted to say that I completely agree with Shadowfox44 I was so excited when I saw there was a sequel but it is nothing like the first one, which I loved, this hog scene after hog scene is just tedious, I too was hoping it was going to get better but it isnt I shall be deleting and not buying, pity

goslin55
Starfish
Starfish
46 Posts

[Post New]by goslin55 on Feb 26, 11 6:31 PM
You can also open the inventory at the top of the screen you just need to click on the very center of the tool bar. It sometimes closes if you miss click on an item but it does work. I would prefer the inventory at the bottom like most games.

The other thing that bothered me was needing to complete the conversation before you can continue with the next task or picking up something. I don't really pay attention to the dialouge since most time it's not necessary to play the game. I just search the screen to find what I need to do next or look for an item .

Don't get me wrong I thought this was a great game, wonderful graphics and unique and different puzzles. I also liked the way clues were cleverly hidden . I thought the game was a step above most making you think more than just finding items in the **** scenes.

I have played thru more than once and each time the list of items changes which makes the game well worth the price. I would HIGHLY recommend it to anyone.

rhonayotte
Catfish
Catfish
1,555 Posts

[Post New]by rhonayotte on Feb 26, 11 7:15 PM
Not sure this one is for me either! Bad enough you have to click each time to get through the dialogue before you can do anything and you're constantly interrupted by it...but you have to have Robert's head right out there and it's SOOOO Big! Eeeek! I also hate having to find "special items" to increase the hint count. I've gotten used to hints that recharge, so I was surprised to see this. Graphics are ok, not a big deal. Had to turn the music and effects and sound way down. Even so, the reason I am not sure how I feel is because I was kinda enjoying it..... So will wait till March and see what else turns up before I make a decision. Definitely not one of those "Have To Have" type games.

tuttepeever
Herring
Herring
366 Posts

[Post New]by tuttepeever on Feb 26, 11 7:51 PM
I bought the first one years ago and have played it many times. However, I wouldn't buy this one. I find the graphics muddy and uninspired in comparison to the first one. Especially after Parables of the Dark. This is a no buy for me.

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Feb 26, 11 8:03 PM
rhonayotte wrote:Not sure this one is for me either! Bad enough you have to click each time to get through the dialogue before you can do anything and you're constantly interrupted by it...but you have to have Robert's head right out there and it's SOOOO Big! Eeeek! I also hate having to find "special items" to increase the hint count. I've gotten used to hints that recharge, so I was surprised to see this. Graphics are ok, not a big deal. Had to turn the music and effects and sound way down. Even so, the reason I am not sure how I feel is because I was kinda enjoying it..... So will wait till March and see what else turns up before I make a decision. Definitely not one of those "Have To Have" type games.

i agree mostly, but i liked finding special objects, its not like the hints were really needed , i finished with like 20, and didnt even find all the special objects, i do wish there was a option to revisit old areas as i hate missing things like that

enigma5619
Minnow
Minnow
244 Posts

[Post New]by enigma5619 on Feb 26, 11 8:17 PM
really liked the first one....the **** are kinda of good but the play and segue between each section, like the **** to the inventory to the play is tedious

orijojo
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by orijojo on Feb 26, 11 8:53 PM
Hear, Hear Aircoco, regarding your comments about people using inhouse dialogue in their reviews and comments on new games (Aircoco’s comments:This review page 3).

I rely very heavily on the comments in this forum, especially GoofyDuck, CasualGran and others, but find I don’t get the real meaning of some of the comments because people use acronyms which I do not understand.

Examples:
LOL what does it mean?
Lots of Love, Laugh out Loud, Look out Ladies, Language of Love, Lloyds of London, Lets Object Loudly. In the context it’s used, non of the above seem to apply.

STD’s I have no idea what this means and there are many other acronyms used which elude me.

I have managed to get HOG’s, FROG’s and FRAG’s and I think the preceding “I” , means interactive, but I‘m not entirely sure.

And thanks Bella81762 for the PIGLET review overview.

Having said all that, KISS (keep it simple Sam)

orijojo

lauriedoss
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by lauriedoss on Feb 26, 11 9:51 PM
STD - Spot the Differences

Go to: