MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Akhara: The Treasures

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Feb 28, 11 5:07 PM
kdubs wrote:I always try every M-3 that comes along so I gave this one a quick whirl. Sorry, but I can't think of one nice thing to say about it....so .
But we have had some fun M-3's recently, so back to Farmscapes and Cave Quest .

I LOVED the game Cave Quest and it gave you SOOOO many different variations to play -- I thought the VERY ending with the spirit monster was funny too. Haven't bought Farmscapes yet but I did find that game enjoyable during my hour trial as well.

MEnr56

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Feb 28, 11 5:11 PM
cherbtoo wrote:
WolfenRaindancer wrote:I played until I got a pop up that said, "Even in the easy modes, if you don't finish in time, you lose." I wasn't enjoying it much anyway. No buy for this hogger.

Thank you WolfenRaindancer now I know that I definitely won't even bother to download it.

This sort of restriction makes you wonder if some developers are actually aware that the majority of people who buy games are not fit healthy 20 year olds with lightning reflexes.

AMEN to that feeling; I've learned after spending a few dollars that I'm not in that majority as well and since when did Easy Mode mean that it's still a timed game?

MEnr56

[Post New]by Michael_Pukalo on Feb 28, 11 5:13 PM
BearKat wrote:After reading all these reviews and all the posted tech problems (btw, thanks to all who posted ) this is something of a first for me! A no TRY ! Confusion and crashes are not on my agenda today! Happier Gaming All

Hi, BearKat.
As i see not all the fishies are confused(but many), and looks like game crashes only on some computers(we're currently trying to sort out the problem). I hope you'll at least download it when we'll do some fixes.
Best regards!

[Post New]by Michael_Pukalo on Feb 28, 11 5:18 PM
gentleone236 wrote:I'm with JammyKat...how do you get the other 3 map pieces??? it says i can build the radar in the workshop but it is no where to be found...i'm sorry i wasted my money!!!
JammyKat wrote:I liked the graphics and thought the music was soothing. I was finally able to buy the hammer, but came to the end of the first map with only 3 of the 6 map pieces. When I tried to go on, as message said I need radar to find the other map pieces, and that I could assemble it in the workshop. But I couldn't find any way to do that. I tried replaying some of the levels to see if that would get me the missing pieces, but no such luck. So I basically wasted 45 minutes on a game that I couldn't continue. How annoying!

Hello, gentleone236!
There are 4 tabs in the workshop(have a look to the left side of the workshop). The radar is located in the blue tab.

[Post New]by Michael_Pukalo on Feb 28, 11 5:22 PM
Eisteepfirsich wrote:I think this is an good match 3 game. I like also the fact, that I can take my time and can play untimed, until I have finished the level. A buy for me

Hi, Eisteepfirsich!
I'm realy glad that you like the game. Happy gaming!

[Post New]by Michael_Pukalo on Feb 28, 11 5:26 PM
WolfenRaindancer wrote:I am sorry, Michael, but I don't believe I will try a rebuild. I do appreciate you coming into the forum and giving explanations, and I do think you had a good concept, but work is needed on the delivery. Perhaps you would be willing to try again with an entirely new game. I am done with this one.

Well, i want to believe that someday i'll create a game that you will give a 5. Some day.. But now, thank you for you comments, anyway!

[Post New]by Michael_Pukalo on Feb 28, 11 5:37 PM
gmac1007 wrote:This is a very different type of Match 3 and you really have to think sometimes. However I really like the game so I purchased it and it's really fun once you get use to how things work and it can be confusing but it's one of these games you learn as you go and then you have that aha moment when you've figured it out. I think this is a unique type of Match 3 and a refreshing change you don't just match the pretty gems but you need to gather enough nuts, bolts,and screws to build your way through. You literally have to build everything and I think that is really cool you have to work for your power ups and other things so for me I think it's really nice and just a fresh and nice change from the normal Match 3 games. I'm glad I made this purchase and the longer I play it the more I love it. Thanks Big Fish and developer's for a great game.

Hi, gmac1007!
I'm very happy, that you found this game fun! Thank you for your comment.
Best regards, Michael!

[Post New]by Michael_Pukalo on Feb 28, 11 6:10 PM
mcurty wrote:Thanks, Michael, for stopping by and "listening". I like the graphics and music for the game. The story is OK for the game -- really enjoy humor regarding the Dead Sea. I don't expect an epic novel in this type of game.

One part that was confusing for me was the workshop and building things. I got pop-ups saying that I had acquired skills, and that I can go to the workshop and build instead of completing the level. But when I go to the workshop, it says that I do not have the resources to build the hammer. I also got the "lightening" -- not sure what that was -- something to do with smith - can't remember. This part is really confusing at this point. Directions for what is needed to build extra items, use extra items, needs to be clearer somehow.

Liked the sliders once I got used to it. Concept of game seems good, just confusion with directions for me. Thanks for clarifying that the red circle timed level is optional. This game looks really promising, just needs some refinement.

Thanks for the game

Hi, mcurty!
Thank you for this comment.
I appreciate all the comments here(even "omg worst game ever!"). But i realy like that most comments here are constructive. I can find things that need to be fixed, or something that annoys players. I'm glad that you like the graphics and music and even the humor!=)
About building things. You will need a required skill and resources to build a bonus. But to get a skill you'll need to perform some tasks that you'll find in the workshop(check purple tab). For example. To get a "smith" skill you need to make x-3 combo and collect 100 scores. Also you can get a skill only when you have a required rank. You'll get the next rank as the game progresses.
When you've built the bonus, you can add it to the cell on the right(by clicking "Add" button), and then use it on the game field.
Best regards, Michael!

[Post New]by Michael_Pukalo on Feb 28, 11 6:13 PM
Dialogue wrote:I was going to try this game until I read that the game is timed. I like match three games but I can only play the untimed ones. I'm too slow to play with a timer and I get too frustrated to keep playing the same level without getting anywhere. A no buy for me, even as a Daily Deal.

Hello, Dialogue!
I hope you'll wait a little till we'll make it completly untimed! We are working on it atm.

[Post New]by Michael_Pukalo on Feb 28, 11 6:19 PM
MEnr56 wrote:
cherbtoo wrote:
WolfenRaindancer wrote:I played until I got a pop up that said, "Even in the easy modes, if you don't finish in time, you lose." I wasn't enjoying it much anyway. No buy for this hogger.

Thank you WolfenRaindancer now I know that I definitely won't even bother to download it.

This sort of restriction makes you wonder if some developers are actually aware that the majority of people who buy games are not fit healthy 20 year olds with lightning reflexes.

AMEN to that feeling; I've learned after spending a few dollars that I'm not in that majority as well and since when did Easy Mode mean that it's still a timed game?

MEnr56

Hi, MEnr56!
As mentioned before these levels are optional, and you can skip them. Anyway we'll untime them in easy mode asap. I hope you'll download this game when it will be untimed

gpj53
Guppy
Guppy
141 Posts

[Post New]by gpj53 on Feb 28, 11 7:44 PM
No buy for me - way too confusing though I think I may have sorted some bits out. I could click anywhere on the map already played and replay to add to my score and had just done enough to assemble hammer when time ran out. I had made the error (by accident, must have clicked on it without realising - too busy looking at bottom of screen to see whether I had acquired enough stones) of assembling the lightning first and was able to "add" it to the screen in the workshop but that appeared the only place I could see it so I never found out what it was supposed to do. I couldn't "continue" until I'd assembled the radar and can only presume the icon for that would have appeared once I'd done both hammer and lightning. I didn't run out of time in easy mode and never saw any chains, just as well as I find slider M3's irritating enough as it is. My husband loved Gardenscapes and is looking forward to Farmscapes and I really enjoyed Cave Quest trial so they'll be what I purchase tomorrow instead.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Feb 28, 11 8:21 PM
Cave Quest is great - I already played through twice.

Eagerly waiting for the new build for Akhra, even if it won't be as much fun as some other games. I get bored wayyyyy too easily.

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Feb 28, 11 8:26 PM
nutshell: chuzzle stops being cute and goes without a pop-up blocker

was hoping for a more traditional M3 but... paradise quest here i come!

after only having one bonus area opened and finding that i could go back there and lose as much as i wanted, i went on with the "map" finding... until the gears started raining down on me whoa... then i got to the end of the path and the game says - sorry, you don't have all the map pieces, you have to keep playing - ???

actually, no, i don't... that's what that little trash icon is for

Leemo
Herring
Herring
309 Posts

[Post New]by Leemo on Feb 28, 11 10:54 PM
This game could be really good, the mechanics behind it have potential but it really needs MAJOR surgery and an excellent English proof reader. I created the hammer but couldn't find 3 of the map pieces before demo time ran out.

I'd try it again if the devs fixed a few things.

[Post New]by jozkitten on Mar 1, 11 2:34 AM
well after reading the reviews I"m sorry I bought it. Not to mention I have installed / uninstalled 3 times now and can't even get it to come up with anything but the screen that asks if I want to play again. I haven't even played 10 seconds yet. REFUND or trade Big FIsh ? All of the other games work on trial or purchase but there is a problem with this one. HELP !

sunidayz
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by sunidayz on Mar 1, 11 4:21 AM
This M3 was a little confusing at times. I played the demo all the way through...had it on easy mode where it said you wouldn't run out of time but in one case I did? huh? Then it said I had enough resources to build the hammer and to go to the workshop to build it and it wouldn't let me. So I just gave up and went back to the game. It was a "4" in a 1-10 in my book.

Dialogue
Minnow
Minnow
202 Posts

[Post New]by Dialogue on Mar 1, 11 4:39 AM
Michael_Pukalo quote wrote:

Hello, Dialogue!
I hope you'll wait a little till we'll make it completly untimed! We are working on it atm.

I am looking forward to the untimed version. From what some reviewers are saying it looks like a game I would like to play.

Thank you for being a good developer who pays attention to what the customers have to say.

Pat_ric_ia
Guppy
Guppy
199 Posts

[Post New]by Pat_ric_ia on Mar 1, 11 6:30 AM
Thanks for all your explanations and comments Michael but (like most of my fellow 'fishes) I won't be buying this game. I have read through all their reviews, after playing for the trial hour, and could only find one or two who actually liked the game. Like myself the majority found it hard to follow and although I usually thoroughly enjoy M3 games I found Akhara confusing and a bit disheartening (especially as I was playing the easy mode and was timed out!)
I can see that you have taken the constructive comments of the reviewers 'on board' and will work on improving the game. Good for you.
Thanks for all you hard work and efforts.
All good wishes for the future.
Pat_ric_ia x

[Post New]by Michael_Pukalo on Mar 1, 11 7:22 AM
gpj53 wrote:No buy for me - way too confusing though I think I may have sorted some bits out. I could click anywhere on the map already played and replay to add to my score and had just done enough to assemble hammer when time ran out. I had made the error (by accident, must have clicked on it without realising - too busy looking at bottom of screen to see whether I had acquired enough stones) of assembling the lightning first and was able to "add" it to the screen in the workshop but that appeared the only place I could see it so I never found out what it was supposed to do. I couldn't "continue" until I'd assembled the radar and can only presume the icon for that would have appeared once I'd done both hammer and lightning. I didn't run out of time in easy mode and never saw any chains, just as well as I find slider M3's irritating enough as it is. My husband loved Gardenscapes and is looking forward to Farmscapes and I really enjoyed Cave Quest trial so they'll be what I purchase tomorrow instead.

Hi, gpj53!
Akhra is not only a slider M3 game. Frendly speaking slider mode is only 20% of all levels. There are 4 gameplay types and 9 mini-games(you can find even a mahjong). We added slider mode to the top of the game because it is easier to enter the game with this mode.
Best regards!

[Post New]by Michael_Pukalo on Mar 1, 11 7:29 AM
lordkalvan wrote:Cave Quest is great - I already played through twice.

Eagerly waiting for the new build for Akhra, even if it won't be as much fun as some other games. I get bored wayyyyy too easily.

Thank you for your patience! I hope you wont be disappointed

Go to: