Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Soul Journey

[Post New]by shortstuff9559 on Mar 1, 11 1:17 PM
Well its sucked . It needs to be up graded. It get hung so i have to leave game than go back to play it . The screen dosent fit the compass is off to the side off the screen unseen .And it would be nice to here them talk .

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Mar 1, 11 1:59 PM
leyahn wrote:To Quote purplehatlady - Thanks goofyduck for yet another great review.

This was a super cute game - I thought with a title Soul Journey it would be of the darker genre that we have gotten a lot of lately - don't get me wrong, I love the creepy stuff, but this was a nice fluffy change.

I got to the 7th life before the demo ended...so have to wait for a walkthru to find out how many lives there are before I buy it. I will put it on my list but wait until it hits a daily or weekly deal - $2.99 would be great for a quick diversion.
I'm not sure there will be a walkthrough for this game but I looked at the program and there are
(Spoiler) Highlight to see the spoiler 15 characters in the game. . End of spoiler.

kdubs
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,480 Posts

[Post New]by kdubs on Mar 1, 11 2:00 PM
No buy for me. Many of the objects are just too tiny! Yes, the hints quickly refill. But I really hate having to use a hint because the objects are teensy.

I really did want to like it because the premise is cute and different. The colors are bright and the map makes navigation very simple. I just wish the items had been fairly-sized and appropriately located within the playing field. I would have bought it if that had been the case.

doccat5
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by doccat5 on Mar 1, 11 2:28 PM
Weird dynamics, teeny tiny items again, sigh.........no thank you!

gama58
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

[Post New]by gama58 on Mar 1, 11 2:36 PM
This was a very cute and funny game. Yes, some of the items are tiny and I had to use the hint button, but overall it is a fun game. It might not be for everybody.

Itsupikachu
Flounder
Flounder
2,158 Posts

[Post New]by Itsupikachu on Mar 1, 11 2:37 PM
Well, I played the trial but I won't be buying this one. In the first place, some of the items really are too small which meant I had to use the hint button more than should have been necessary. Then, even though I exited the game, it didn't quit running, even after bringing up the task manager so, I guess I'll have to re-boot. Too bad. It could have been a neat game.

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Mar 1, 11 3:23 PM
The premise of the game is cute and really different. The scenes are clear and bright. There are a variety of different tasks to complete as each soul. It’s not a straight HOG but it is about 75 percent HOG and 25% tasks or puzzles. I only ran across one puzzle in the demo time I played. I played for 50 minutes and finished 3 of the 15 souls, so the game would probably last me about 4 to 4 ½ hours. Unfortunately my eyes hurt and my forehead was all scrunched up when I finished the 50 minutes of play. The objects are too small for my eyes.

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Mar 1, 11 3:26 PM
I played the Demo and I thought the game was cute and alot of fun..very refreshing from some of the other games, I give this game a Thumbs up, Ty BF..Hope tomorrow has a much better HOG..

katiepops
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by katiepops on Mar 1, 11 3:35 PM
OhPamela wrote:I don't comment very often but I just had to this time! I only got as far as the second
body when time ran out! The loading took up most of my time! Everything else worked fine & I was starting to enjoy it! I haven't read anything about loading times so I'm going to assume it's just my computer, even so I might use a credit for this one because it will take hours to finish!!
\

I had the same loading issues. I know it's not that my computer is not compatible because it plays perfectly and no quirks or jerks, just the loading time between scenes is excruciatingly long.
If they can fix this I would be happy to play but I don't want to spend my trial time waiting.

[Post New]by Pammie627 on Mar 1, 11 3:35 PM
I think this game could be kind of fun if it worked right. It downloaded to my computer fine, but playing it ? HA !!! Very slow loading time and a screwy cursor. It kept you going back and forth between rooms, but with the slooooww loading time, I didn't get anything much done in the 45 minutes I tried to play .....

GrammaKj
Clownfish
Clownfish
541 Posts

[Post New]by GrammaKj on Mar 1, 11 3:44 PM
goofyduck77 wrote:
GrammaKj wrote:It's a cute game and I've played 20 minutes. I'm considering a "buy" when I get my punch card credits. I won't be buying anything that is coming out later this week because I either already own the games or am not interested. I will need to use my credits for something.

Care to share what the games coming out are?

I was basing my comment on Mudrock's weekly update in the "chit-chat" corner forum. I already own Shadow Wolf (CE) and mis-read that Fear For Sale was for MAC users, but I own the PC CE of it too.

I tried the first 2 games in the Margrave series and didn't really care for them, so I doubt I will buy Margrave: The Curse of the Severed Heart - and, lastly - I don't care for TM games.

Hope this answers your question

Edited on 03/01/2011 at 3:49:14 PM PST

GrammaKj
Clownfish
Clownfish
541 Posts

[Post New]by GrammaKj on Mar 1, 11 3:46 PM
cottoncandy2 wrote:This reminded me very much of Snarkbusters. It's a nice change from some of the dark and dreary vampire stuff that seems to have been common lately.

I absolutely loved Snarkbusters - that was a fantastic game.

divaprods
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by divaprods on Mar 1, 11 4:36 PM
Cute idea, but the play was very boring.

Stevihj
Clownfish
Clownfish
507 Posts

[Post New]by Stevihj on Mar 1, 11 4:40 PM
The graphics are very nice. The gameplay is IHOG/HOG with some minigames. All of the objects were of proper shape and more or less easy to find. There weren't any small dark objects which is nice.The storyline for this game made me laugh. Rich details with a twist of humor. Never has being 'not quite dead' been so much fun. Loved the hour demo and how quickly I changed from one body to the next. Lovely!

This game is an A-.

wolfrun_cb1
Guppy
Guppy
159 Posts

[Post New]by wolfrun_cb1 on Mar 1, 11 4:59 PM
I rarely have to use hints so much as I have had to do in this game. Items are way too hard to find and this is just a boring game. Glad there are a lot of fishes that like it but it is a no buy for me. Maybe if and when it comes out as a daily special.

johnmouse
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by johnmouse on Mar 1, 11 6:21 PM
This HOG is a DOG. And I don't mean that character. The first clue was the trying-to-look-sexy-70's angel. After I finally composed myself from my fit of laughter, I played a little bit of it. Very little, but enough. Nearly got diabetes from the sappiness.

Scottsteaux63
Minnow
Minnow
222 Posts

[Post New]by Scottsteaux63 on Mar 1, 11 6:31 PM
Maybe the kiddies will like this one, but I couldn't get past the unbearable silliness of the concept. I have no problems with angels, but the *soul-into-the-dog* thing was beyond absurd. Also there is far too much chit-chat and the music is irritating in the extreme.

No sale.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Mar 1, 11 6:49 PM
This was cute, but not quite what I like and not very challenging. Didn't have much in the way of **** and hardly any extra games. Others will like it, I'm sure, because it is relaxing, but it just didn't hold my interest very long. I'll save my credits for something else.

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Mar 1, 11 7:02 PM
For me the items were a bit too hard to find. The game is designed for a widescreen monitor, and mine is a squarish one, so I had black bars at the top and bottom and a smaller display area to search. So the items were smaller. Lots of hints, but not worth the eyestrain for me I think ;-).

Leanda1
Clownfish
Clownfish
513 Posts

[Post New]by Leanda1 on Mar 1, 11 7:16 PM
I thought it was VERY cute. Such a blessed relief from the typical HOG's that have come out lately (Like the past YEAR) No Vampires, No missing Father, Mother, Sister, Brother, Uncle or Grandfather. I thought the story line was very very cute. Made me laugh ALOT. The bad grammar was good enough to overlook and acutally made the game even cuter for me. The hidden objects were clear but like Goofyduck said, when you used the hint (cuz you just couldn't find it) DUH oh yeah its right there! So in my humble opinion, it is a fun HOG. If you are into straight hogs, (with some typical mini games in between) it is a fun game with enough of a challenge in the HOG areas to make you think twice about how good of a "Hogger" you are! Happy gaming fishies!

Lean

Edited on 03/01/2011 at 7:17:52 PM PST

Go to: