Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Margrave: The Curse of the Severed Heart Collector's Edition

[Post New]by baglady159 on Mar 3, 11 6:12 AM
WolfenRaindancer wrote:Goofy, And I have a question for y'all who love this type of game...do you ever hesitate to go straight to the sparkling hidden object part when you enter an area, and take the time to look around first? I always do as I get that creepy feeling, like when you are watching a scary movie, and someone goes straight to the thing they have been searching for and then there is something evil or bad in the room with them...know what I mean? So I just make sure I look first and then sorta creep into the hog scene. Nothing has ever happened but I just wondered if anyone else feels the same, lol. By the way, this game, to me, if far superior to the first two... for those of you on the fence.

haha, not surprised to see I'm not the only one who does this. Can't do the "sparklies" till I explore the rest of the room...just in case....

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Margrave: The Curse of the Severed Heart Collector's Edition

[Post New]by baglady159 on Mar 3, 11 6:16 AM
peglegann wrote:OK! I just HAVE to ask! How do most people say inVENTory? I live in England and had not noticed this but I do tend to read and click to go to the next sentence
Come on everyone, spell it out for me please, I HAVE to know now!!LOL!

I'm in the states and pronounce it IN-ven-tory and the "tory" is like Cory or gory but that's just how its done in my little place in the world...

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Mar 3, 11 6:19 AM
elldee2728 wrote:I think it speaks volumes for the quality of this game that the major flaw seems to be the pronunciation of one word--a new release just a few days ago was full of grammar and spelling snafus, but didn't warrant the same attention. Maybe developers should stick to subtitles and dialogue boxes--then we can pronounce as we see fit. This appears to be a very good game--I think I can get over the "inventory" hurdle! ( I love the above comments, though! LOL!)

Except, for me, the main problem was the cursor. The inVENTory, I got around by turning off the voice over and just reading the dialogue. I have no idea how to fix that poky, hard to control cursor. I wish I did. I would have liked to see what happened further into the game, as I only played 15 minutes before giving up.

[Post New]by RenaissanceMom on Mar 3, 11 6:30 AM
I was wondering why this game seemed so familiar, and then I remembered that I beta'd it a long time ago. I can't recall exactly why but I wasn't thrilled with it back then. I'm sure it had something to do with the voice acting which I found cloying. But it's been a while so I'll download the demo later and give it a try.

I'm not a big fan of CE versions so even if I liked it better now I'd probably wait for the SE.

GrammaKj
Clownfish
Clownfish
541 Posts

[Post New]by GrammaKj on Mar 3, 11 6:37 AM
RenaissanceMom wrote:I was wondering why this game seemed so familiar, and then I remembered that I beta'd it a long time ago. I can't recall exactly why but I wasn't thrilled with it back then. I'm sure it had something to do with the voice acting which I found cloying. But it's been a while so I'll download the demo later and give it a try.

I'm not a big fan of CE versions so even if I liked it better now I'd probably wait for the SE.

I have to admit I had to go to the dictionary to see what "cloying" meant. I had never heard that word in my life and I'm 65 (almost). Good description!

sandebeach
Shark
Shark
10,388 Posts

[Post New]by sandebeach on Mar 3, 11 6:41 AM
WolfenRaindancer made me laugh because I do the same thing! Also, sometimes I have dashed to the Hidden Object scene, got the item needed, then left the room or area without stopping to look for other items that I should have picked up in that area. So now I do the "sparkly" spot last, after I have scoped out the room. As for the "Curse of the Severed Heart" I am on the fence about this game. I did almost the whole hour demo and am still in Chapter 1. It has taken me a while to do the Hidden Object scenes, I am just having a hard time seeing the items. They are actually there, they just blend in so well that I can't see them until I use the Hint button (which is a VERY interesting Hint button! Spooked me at first!) I loved the music at the start of the game, and I actually quit the game and re-entered, just so I could hear the tune again. I am intriqued by the storyline (did not do the other Margrove Manor games, so the story is new to me) and I absolutely love the graphics. The cottage is so pretty and the scene in the orchard, with the flower petals floating across and down the screen, is beautiful. Love helping the little "lost animals"! I will eventually buy the game but not sure if it will be the CE or if I will wait for the SE.

doccat5
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by doccat5 on Mar 3, 11 7:06 AM
I'll buy it when it comes in regular mode. I didn't care for the others, but this one is a big improvement. I still had some problems following the story line, but I muddled through. Good one, BF!

Kelvarda
Stingray
Stingray
5,173 Posts

[Post New]by Kelvarda on Mar 3, 11 7:10 AM
peglegann wrote:
Kelvarda wrote:I'd like to join that club too, I always wonder if something will get me while I'm looking through the junk pile!

On a different note please:

1) Is this a straight H0G

2) Is it ANY better than the Lost Ship! I didn't play Margrave Manor, but Margrave 2: The Lost Ship just sent me straight to hell! Most boring game (next to Haunted Hotel) that I ever played.

Kel

Happy day to you Kel. Casualgran and Goofyduck both seem to say it is an IH0G and I would agree with that.

Yes, IMHO it is a lot better than The Lost Ship.

Thank you Ann - In that case, may just give it a try

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Mar 3, 11 7:17 AM
bella81762 wrote:i am in like the 3rd chapter, and its getting a bit laggy...anyone else?

Not sure where I am (nothing new there then!) but, yes, mine was getting "laggy" too. I did as someone else suggested and have started using the normal cursor and now it is fine.

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Mar 3, 11 7:24 AM
peglegann wrote:Goofyduck

A portcullis (from the French "porte coulissante" or gliding door) is a latticed grille or gate made of wood, metal or a combination of the two. Could be raised or lowered quickly by means of chains or ropes attached to an internal winch.

Clever me huh?

Very good Ann, and for your next french lesson, do you know what Porte-cochere and Porte-manteaux is? You get an A++ if you get this right.

MarkAlan
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

[Post New]by MarkAlan on Mar 3, 11 7:52 AM
I didn't like this one at all! Poor & blurry artwork. Annoying sound effects. Yet again another occult theme aimed at children. The statue of two with horns in their head... Don't these developers have anything on their minds other than the devil? But perhaps that is who they serve. I'm not buying this trash!

gama58
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

[Post New]by gama58 on Mar 3, 11 8:04 AM
I love this game. The first two I didn't really care for. As a matter of fact I don't think that I ever finished the first one. Anyway, this was a big improvement. It was a pleasant surprise.

SnowMeow
Stingray
Stingray
5,934 Posts

[Post New]by SnowMeow on Mar 3, 11 8:05 AM
WolfenRaindancer~~I thought I was alone in checking out the scene before going for the sparkles. I've always done that, it's like saving the best for last. Anyway, loved the game and bought it this morning. I love the story, the graphics...just about everything, it's going to be fun today. Thanks Goofy, Gran & peglegann for the reviews. And peglegann what a great B-day gift...lol.
SnowMeow

kinget
Guppy
Guppy
154 Posts

[Post New]by kinget on Mar 3, 11 8:07 AM
I'm downloading and can't wait. I loved the first two when they came out, but that was then and this is now. I still like the first one, but the one on the ship was incredibly slow and boring. Glad to hear this one has caught up with the HOG times.
A porte-cochere is a wooden or stone cover extending out from a doorway for a carriage (or automobile) - I guess the ancestor of the carport, but much smaller. On old English buildings they are often quite ornate. They keep you out of the weather when you're getting into and out of your car so you don't mess up your aristocratic clothing. A porte-manteau is a coatrack or hatrack, literally a holder for a cloak.

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Mar 3, 11 8:07 AM
Well, I just did the whole demo hour. But I'm still on the fence if I should get it or not.
Yes, the graphics are really good, once I got used to the style in the HOG scenes it made it easier for me to find the objects. The music fits, the voices do, too.

The problem for me is the fact that I made it about 2/3 through the game in that one hour!!! If I get that far just in the demo time there's not much left after the purchase.....Maybe if it was not a CE, especially since I still have 5 credits floating around (which is unheard of for me anyway).

Oh well......something to ponder today.

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Mar 3, 11 8:15 AM
kinget wrote:I'm downloading and can't wait. I loved the first two when they came out, but that was then and this is now. I still like the first one, but the one on the ship was incredibly slow and boring. Glad to hear this one has caught up with the HOG times.
A porte-cochere is a wooden or stone cover extending out from a doorway for a carriage (or automobile) - I guess the ancestor of the carport, but much smaller. On old English buildings they are often quite ornate. They keep you out of the weather when you're getting into and out of your car so you don't mess up your aristocratic clothing. A porte-manteau is a coatrack or hatrack, literally a holder for a cloak.

OK you're right, you get the A++ instead of Ann. Sorry Ann.

Edited on 03/03/2011 at 8:16:24 AM PST

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Mar 3, 11 8:32 AM
Well either I'm not very picky or I'm a CE devotee......... I think its the latter. I've purchased every CE so far that has come along, so why stop now? The graphics are good and I love the British accent. (wish I could talk like that), and it looks like a fun game. For me its 3 punches on the card and several hours of escapism into a fantasy land. Who could ask for more?

Edited on 03/03/2011 at 2:27:24 PM PST

[Post New]by LuvDemGames on Mar 3, 11 8:35 AM
Bought it! My poor pocketbook, another CE. LOL After 47 minutes of the demo I just had to have it. Reading the forum comments, I don't think I will be disappointed.

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Mar 3, 11 8:36 AM
mhatfie wrote:
kinget wrote:I'm downloading and can't wait. I loved the first two when they came out, but that was then and this is now. I still like the first one, but the one on the ship was incredibly slow and boring. Glad to hear this one has caught up with the HOG times.

OK you're right, you get the A++ instead of Ann. Sorry Ann.

Hey! No fair mhatfie! I was not around to answer, (too busy scoffing LOL!)
Anyway, what kinget said

[Post New]by grandmagamer49 on Mar 3, 11 8:46 AM
Another CE! Since Jan. have not really bought any regular games since most of the good ones have been collector editions! All Feb. was the same thing nothing that really was interesting to me and am just refering to my tastes. Others may find match 3 fun and cutsie but for me, not..
Why we can't use credits to apply to CE's is beyond me. makes me want to jump ship to other gaming sights to see what they have to offer.

I've been a faithful gamer since 2008 and believe we should get better privildges such as being able to use game credits on CE's!!!

Go to: