rtrooney
Minnow
Minnow
210 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Shadow Wolf Mysteries: Curse of the Full Moon

[Post New]by rtrooney on Mar 14, 11 5:37 PM
Played the demo today. Definitely a "buy". But a bit disappointed. One, the demo ended when I still had 22 minutes to play. I know many games are doing that, i.e., once you reach a certain point, the demo is over. Still, I wanted to play some more. Two, the music, sound effects and graphics are classic ERS Games "stuff". I recognized the wherewolf howl from both Curse of the Raven and Black Cat. Music snippets were also familiar, and, if you know what a crowbar looks like in Black Cat, it's easy to spot in Full Moon.

It would seem that ERS Games is more into the business of cranking out games than it is producing new and innovative games.

Also have Maestro on my "to-buy" list once it becomes available in the non-CE format. But played that demo as well, and it is more of the same.

Maybe I am buying them because the have become easy.

Your Comments and Reviews for Shadow Wolf Mysteries: Curse of the Full Moon

[Post New]by sharonklaus8567 on Mar 14, 11 9:22 PM
Great Game !

cruet42
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by cruet42 on Mar 15, 11 7:32 PM
Great Game! The ending - well, it appears as though the game developers have a good start on a sequel. So, I was not upset by the abrupt ending. The game could have gone a little longer and we could see the mother reunited with her daughter, but it still was a great game.

[Post New]by acecyberwitch on Mar 16, 11 11:53 AM
good game looks great shame about the rubbish ending 7 out of 10 for me but better than some of the games that came out in the last few weeks

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Mar 16, 11 10:29 PM
Agreed... I was furious that we didn't get to see mom and daughter reunite and what about the "bad guy"??? Let's see... sequel... Gerard nabs Louise on her way back to her daughter and... hmmm what next? LOL. I don't know if I'll buy the sequel when it comes out because it was just too cheesy the way they ended this one. You can STILL tie up loose ends and bring the first part of the story to a close and yet leave the opening for the sequel. Seemed like a cop out. Oh and the fact that it was a good game until they felt the need at the end to stick in a billion extra repetitive hog scenes. :rolls eyes: What? They think we wouldn't notice?

rtrooney
Minnow
Minnow
210 Posts

[Post New]by rtrooney on Mar 18, 11 6:14 PM
Loved the game, as I do almost all ERS games, but thought the ending was a disaster. No conclusion at all. Brother is dead. You're in the barn. Narrative comes up. And the credits roll! Horrible.

[Post New]by DrChan on Mar 19, 11 12:18 AM
This game is consistently interrupting itself which makes the continuity of the game poor.

boobailey
Guppy
Guppy
187 Posts

[Post New]by boobailey on Mar 19, 11 9:38 AM
I really enjoyed this game. Lot's of fun. Tricky at time's. The ending was quick. There could be a sequel and if there is I'll want to play it.

[Post New]by boulianna on Mar 19, 11 1:44 PM
Unfortunately the game stops at the demo. I canot understand why since I bought the game Stella Flossos Bouliana

rtrooney
Minnow
Minnow
210 Posts

[Post New]by rtrooney on Mar 19, 11 4:07 PM
boulianna wrote:Unfortunately the game stops at the demo. I canot understand why since I bought the game Stella Flossos Bouliana
That shouldn't happen. But try uninstalling the demo, and maybe the game if there is a double entry in your Program Files directory. And then reinstall the game. If that doesn't work, contact BFG tech support. They are very good a solving these problems.

[Post New]by benz_girl on Mar 19, 11 5:53 PM
Has ANYONE found a way to get the rock in the wall destroyed by the mace after three strikes? I have clicked on it 100 times and no luck. I have gone to different screens, etc. and returned, and still no luck. I love figuring out games like this, but when the solution does not work, it is extremely frustrating!!

medic1960
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by medic1960 on Mar 21, 11 12:08 PM
Absolutely brilliant! This game has everything and went straight into my top five.

Thank you.

GraciesDD
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

[Post New]by GraciesDD on Mar 22, 11 8:21 PM
SeaBamboo wrote:I was happy to see the SE version finally released – it has been a long wait.

The graphics are very pleasing but as it is made by ERS that is no surprise, they really do make some lovely games; the hidden object scenes are a little dark in places for the old eyes but my widescreen monitor was filled which is a rare pleasure.

The gameplay was pretty easy although I liked that you had to open or move items within the H0 scenes to find all the objects – by the way the hint was interesting, a triangle slashed with what sounded like a sword. (I had no idea that snowdrops were called bell flowers )

Some of the mini-games did tax me so it wasn’t totally simple to play & the music fitted in with the atmosphere & the voiceovers were fine, nothing too grating to the ears although it was an odd mix of accents.

There are lots of areas to explore & I have taken my time to enjoy the artwork; it has taken about 5 hours for me to complete the game. The ending appears to leave room for a sequel; I sincerely hope so. Thanks to all who had a hand in making this game

Completely agree!!

Edited on 03/22/2011 at 8:22:31 PM PST

pinkjacket
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by pinkjacket on Mar 24, 11 11:11 AM

Yes I feel the same about the ending of most of games.........I am sure the developers have no 'romance' in them .... the endings are cold. Even if they promise a sequel, it never is a true continuation of the game we have just played. I am speaking for most of the IHOG HOG games. They don't complete the storyline (as in fantasy ) I wonder why?

blujeens
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by blujeens on Mar 30, 11 2:59 PM
OK - I've just got to say something about this game! I'm a HOG lover, and there are some good games out there, and there are some riduculous ones, too. I've played quite a number of them.

I loved this game - it had a good story line and it was fluid and filled with activity. I loved the graphics, I really loved the music, and the puzzles were not terribly easy but not so hard that I could struggle thru them without any walkthru help. I had no technical problems with game, either.

But I am truly, TRULY disappointed in the ending and its abruptness! I don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't played it all the way thru yet, but when it happens, be prepared to say "Huh?"

It left so many things unanswered for me.... geez!

[Post New]by poppete on Mar 31, 11 2:40 PM
Graphics were beautiful but disappointed in the way the game ended. What happened to Gerald? Way too many dark screens and lots of time wasted waiting. I like a fast moving game. Need much improvement. I believe they had me preview this game before release and I told them the same thing.

laffinlady
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by laffinlady on Apr 3, 11 7:53 AM
I really enjoyed this game. Great graphics, interesting story line. The puzzles varied from easy to more challenging. Music was good and I did not find myself getting annoyed with any repetitiveness. Personally, I don't like games that keep making you go back and forth through the entire game to find items in one place go all the way back to use them, then go all the way back to find another item, etc. I like my games to progress forward.

[Post New]by Miniatures1 on Apr 3, 11 2:37 PM
Sorry I do not like games like this where you have to look at the walkthrough every 5 minutes

LadyDream
Clownfish
Clownfish
515 Posts

[Post New]by LadyDream on Apr 4, 11 2:12 PM
First of all, PLEASE REMEMBER TO WARN IF THERE IS A SPOILER IN YOUR REVIEW.

A lot of us read the reviews to see if we want to buy the game, and this particular one seems to have a lot of unlabeled spoilers because people are ticked off about the ending. I sympathize, but please label them because now I know more than I want.

I love the beginning, almost expected to hear Boris Karloff reading, nice narration, which probably makes it a more of a nasty jar when you get to the gypsy. I have to agree with those that say she must have been cast as a favor, but I can probably live with her. Don't know yet, only heard her say one line and was WTHWT??!! (What the heck was that??!!) and the demo ended. I see by the reviews she doesn't get any better.

Please. Better wolf sounds. Don't mind humans sounding like Gone With The Wind rejects nearly as much as not hearing the night music. I was disappointed to read that wolves don't have much to do with the story after all. And the heaving chests, well, maybe they have been playing on a certain networking game. For some reason the "sexy" female avatars all do rapid deep breathing, and then the males caught it. I keep waiting for someone to hyperventilate and fall over, it makes me nervous. At least I'll be used to it by the time I get to that part of the game. Note to developers: DON'T. Save the money on the extra animation to give that girl acting and voice lessons.

Good work, Fishies! I loved the beginning, but from what I've read, I'll wait until I can use my freebie credits on this one. Hate non-endings, so glad to know before I spend money and feel ripped off, especially with so many other good games out there.

Edited on 04/04/2011 at 2:21:14 PM PST

krisamata
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by krisamata on Apr 6, 11 11:25 PM
Seemed ok, but I wish that an hour long demo would give you an hour long demo, instead all i got was about 23 minutes, and then that's it, all done. not fair. This has been happening on SO many games lately, it's frustrating.

this one seemed ok, and I would have liked a little more time to get hooked to consider the purchase, instead i'm a little frustrated and won't bother

Go to: