Developer's Clutter Corner

JoeKazz
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

Re:Developer's Clutter Corner

[Post New]by JoeKazz on Jan 12, 15 4:45 AM
Hi Kali:

Sorry, but I didn't put that option in until Clutter II: He Said, She Said. It's an available option in all the games except for the original Clutter. (I just didn't think about it, until someone like yourself mentioned it in either a review or in these forums).

Glad you're enjoying the game otherwise.

Joe

kali55
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by kali55 on Jul 8, 15 9:57 PM
JoeKazz wrote:Hello all:

I wanted to thank everyone who took the time to post comments here on Clutter.

All the feedback is much appreciated and I learn from all of it.

If you have specific questions for me, I'll try to answer them here.

I will tell you this much. I am a lone developer and I look nothing like Leon Poncelette. Leon is quite fictional and although he occasionally pontificates a bit too much, my intent was to have him come across as much more humorous than he does.

I can vouch for Leon, and I know that he would never want anyone to get rid of any beloved house pets for instance.

The best I can say about Leon, is that I tried to make it as easy as possible to ignore him if you don't like that kind of stuff. (and it's very nice...that some people seemed to enjoy all the "clutterisms" and other advice he gave).

Thanks again. It means a lot to me that some of you seem to really appreciate some of the choices I made in the design of the game.

Joe

Hi Joe and Anna, A friend of mine and myself are addicted. We have all versions of clutter and are waiting for more. However i do have some complaints like some others. The blurred cutter pages are no good. Not good for people with bad eyesight. The plates cannot be won. I think out of 100 times i won once. And the shadow/flashlight also is a pain.We are hoping to see more Clutter games soon. Thank you for getting me out of housework. Kali

Edited on 07/08/2015 at 9:59:19 PM PST

kali55
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by kali55 on Jul 8, 15 10:02 PM
Masanders wrote:I am really enjoying the game. It is hard to quit playing. I keep telling myself, "Just one more screen and then I MUST get to bed." HA!! That was hours ago.

The mini-games are really unique and challenging. I like the Window Shade puzzles the most and the Clock ones, too, even though the Clock puzzles are extremely maddening. I feel so proud of myself for persevering when I finally solve the puzzle.

I am reading all of the tips to help de-clutter my house (a problem I have long suffered from). And I like the story about Leon and his ancestors, too.
(I think Leon is very attractive, by the way.)

Thank you very much, Joe, for developing such a fun game.

Edited on 07/08/2015 at 10:07:39 PM PST

kali55
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by kali55 on Jul 8, 15 10:03 PM
Masanders wrote:I am really enjoying the game. It is hard to quit playing. I keep telling myself, "Just one more screen and then I MUST get to bed." HA!! That was hours ago.

The mini-games are really unique and challenging. I like the Window Shade puzzles the most and the Clock ones, too, even though the Clock puzzles are extremely maddening. I feel so proud of myself for persevering when I finally solve the puzzle.

I am reading all of the tips to help de-clutter my house (a problem I have long suffered from). And I like the story about Leon and his ancestors, too.
(I think Leon is very attractive, by the way.)

Thank you very much, Joe, for developing such a fun game.

Joe??? The coin puzzles??? What did I miss? kali

kali55
Minnow
Minnow
269 Posts

[Post New]by kali55 on Jul 8, 15 10:08 PM
kali55 wrote:
JoeKazz wrote:Hello all:

I wanted to thank everyone who took the time to post comments here on Clutter.

All the feedback is much appreciated and I learn from all of it.

If you have specific questions for me, I'll try to answer them here.

I will tell you this much. I am a lone developer and I look nothing like Leon Poncelette. Leon is quite fictional and although he occasionally pontificates a bit too much, my intent was to have him come across as much more humorous than he does.

I can vouch for Leon, and I know that he would never want anyone to get rid of any beloved house pets for instance.

The best I can say about Leon, is that I tried to make it as easy as possible to ignore him if you don't like that kind of stuff. (and it's very nice...that some people seemed to enjoy all the "clutterisms" and other advice he gave).

Thanks again. It means a lot to me that some of you seem to really appreciate some of the choices I made in the design of the game.

Joe

Hi Joe and Anna, A friend of mine and myself are addicted. We have all versions of clutter and are waiting for more. However i do have some complaints like some others. The blurred cutter pages are no good. Not good for people with bad eyesight. The plates cannot be won. I think out of 100 times i won once. And the shadow/flashlight also is a pain.We are hoping to see more Clutter games soon. Thank you for getting me out of housework. Kali

Joe, you mentioned in another post about the Coin puzzles????? What did i miss????
Where?

JoeKazz
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by JoeKazz on Jul 12, 15 7:48 AM
Hi Kali:

The "Coin Puzzles" are in the first Clutter game. I'm not sure what I mentioned about them, but they're in the first game.

Let me know if there's anything else I can answer for you.

The Plates puzzles are all solvable. (You can use the spacebar as an undo).
Look ahead, and don't always take the easy choice.

I would try them on the easy levels...and then move up to harder levels when you can consistently solve the easier ones.

(The Stacked Plates are a bit harder....but those too....always have a solution).

Joe

GreyGhost
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by GreyGhost on Aug 6, 15 4:14 PM
I only now was introduced to the first Clutter game, and really enjoy playing it for the most part, though waiting for "Leon" to get down so I can play the levels does get tedious after awhile, especially when you play it through more than once. My biggest issue right now (I'm playing the Mac version of the game), is that when you want to replay the second 25 levels by clicking on the mini-game icon for them, it never advances from Stage 1 Level 1 automatically like it does for the first 25 levels. The rest of the game seems to play fine, though sometimes the screen flickers, which it doesn't do that on any of my other games, so I have to assume it's something with the Mac version of the game.

It would be really nice if you could figure out how to make the replay levels advance properly.

aa60
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by aa60 on Sep 23, 15 1:17 PM
[b]can I save a game I'm in the middle of?
Great game!

[Post New]by bema12 on Oct 2, 15 3:30 PM
Hi...love your clutter games...have purchased all and am ready for a new one!!

[Post New]by bobbijoan on Nov 19, 15 3:57 PM
I have purchased all the clutter games which under windows 8 ran fine. Now, under Windows10, not only do the games not load correctly but it does not read my mouse. I have just purchase ClutterV and it will not load properly. Can someone please help me.

[Post New]by RogeRoge on Jan 29, 16 4:02 PM
Too bad that the wonderful Clutter doses'nt fonction with Apple El Capian (OS 10.11.2).
The display is small and impossible to have it full screen

womper52
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by womper52 on Apr 9, 16 8:17 PM
The game is fun. The game is good. HOWEVER.....not knowing how to spell state names or the location of the Grand Canyon (which is NOT in Colorado) is unforgivable. Learn how to use apostrophes, for cryin' out loud! It isn't difficult! There's no reason for this sloppiness. For shame!

coolmom4
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by coolmom4 on Jul 7, 16 11:09 AM
Will you have more clutter games for Apple that work with El Capian? I love theses games and want more!

sompanther
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by sompanther on Dec 4, 16 8:56 PM
Hi - I am looking for a slider game that I can use my own pictures like I do with Jigsaw Galore. Love the sliders in clutter games but want more pictures as I get tired of doing the same ones over and over. Any suggestions?

karolyneb
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,459 Posts

[Post New]by karolyneb on Dec 5, 16 4:41 PM
Sompanther, did you try the puzzle game that he did? It is called, creatively enough, "Sliders and Other Square Puzzles" Sadly, you can't upload your own puzzles but there are lots of them there

sompanther
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by sompanther on Dec 7, 16 12:13 PM
Thanks. Will check them out.

[Post New]by q1q2q3q4q5 on Jan 21, 17 10:51 PM
Where is the "Casual" option? And where is the "Skip" option on all those black and white games? They're just too hard for an older person like me to see. I bought "Clutter He said She said" first and loved it. (Except for all those devilish-looking pictures. Not sure what the purpose of all that was, but I'm sure I don't like it!) I regret purchasing Clutter.

[Post New]by Tabitha77 on Jul 7, 17 11:25 AM
i have been wanting to write for years and finally, after playing a couple of minutes of Clutter VI, decided now is the time....not that it will come to anything.
CONCERN: Clutter's cursor is the most leaning cursor in favor for right-handed people of any game I have ever played and believe me, I have played hundreds. It is obvious that whoever developed that cursor is right-handed with no regard given to the compensation of the wrist for lefties. I have compared cursors by copying from dozens of games into Word and the difference is significant! Perhaps you might take a look to compare and you will see the difference for yourself.

Due to the over compensation and twisting my wrist, Clutter is the only game that I can play only for very short periods and then must rest my aching wrist! So, bottom line, could you not address this issue and straighten that darn arrow!

Edited on 07/10/2017 at 1:03:40 PM PST

[Post New]by redhood9 on Sep 22, 17 9:44 AM
Hi, I have the first clutter and can't get the screen to go any bigger. Its really small and in the upper left corner. Makes playing almost impossible. Want to get one of the new clutter games and wondering if that issue is fixed? Already tried going full screen it doesn't work. Thanks for any help...

Go to: