popookaka
Guppy
Guppy
110 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Pirate Mysteries: A Tale of Monkeys, Masks and Hidden Objects

[Post New]by popookaka on Mar 7, 11 8:52 AM
terrible graphics, Maybe 5 yrs ago this would have seemed good but not anymore. Didnt last 10 mins.

ChocCherry
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Pirate Mysteries: A Tale of Monkeys, Masks and Hidden Objects

[Post New]by ChocCherry on Mar 7, 11 9:16 AM
I had high hopes for this game when I downloaded it but the graphics are very poor. It could have been a great game otherwise. After 28 minutes of game play I deleted it. Maybe tomorrow.

fireeyes5
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by fireeyes5 on Mar 7, 11 9:29 AM
I played this game already and not through BF. It seems at least a year ago. I guess it is a fill in from somewhere so they could post a game.

[Post New]by quarlesqueen on Mar 7, 11 9:30 AM
I am d/l now to give this a try, I for one, like a straight up H0 game, once in a while :-)
Don't get me wrong I also love IH0 games, but sometimes I just want to chill out, and today is one of those days.
So, keeping fins crossed, that I like it, happy gaming everyone

[Post New]by snickers01 on Mar 7, 11 9:43 AM
Games have been bad ever since they started the CE.I checked other sites also..seems they started the CE about the same time as BF..As far as not saying anything about cancelling BF..we all have a say in this because last time I checked..if it were not for people there wound not be a BF to complain about,,soooooo....HAVE A GREAT DAY ALL!

SMQMC
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by SMQMC on Mar 7, 11 9:55 AM
I read EVERYBODY'S comments and reviews. It helps me to get a better grasp on what most fishies think about a game. Not that I base my decisions on their evaluations since I trust my own judgment on the things that I like and/or don't like, but it gives me a good consensus of opinion regarding values of games that, for the most part, I find very interesting.
Doctorgood and Goofyduck always have thoughtful reviews, opinions and comments, still leaving room for other's varied likes and dislikes.
Sinshack and Puzzledone: I'm with you both on your Forum comments today!
Sartasia: Tell it like it is.....good thinking.
tj1147: Great comment, but some people DO need to vent when they're frustrated.
Kris-cross48: You've got good ideas there!
MoreOver: Very reasonable and logical thinking to mull over.
All Other Fishies: Thanks for you all your comments; good and not-so-good. I appreciate all of them and value everyone's opinions. I don't comment very often, but when I do, something compells me!!! Keep up the good work!

Edited on 03/07/2011 at 9:59:03 AM PST

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Mar 7, 11 10:10 AM
This one hurt. I wanted to love it. Pirates, Alcohol, HOG,Etc. What's not to love. Itt is a straight HOG which I admit is not my favorite anymore, but still very playable. The problem is that we older people do not have the greatest eyesight any more, The poor graphics, small objects that are cleverly hidden, and fuzzy graphics make it a no buy for me. For younger eyes it looks like a very nice hog. Just not for me.

basiakosia
Minnow
Minnow
277 Posts

[Post New]by basiakosia on Mar 7, 11 10:19 AM
Thanks to everyone who took the time to offer a cogent, literate review. Don't always take the time to dld so appreciate those of you who do.

Sounds to me alot like The Hidden Object Show games. I did enjoy them when I played them but haven't played them since. Maybe some day I will replay them

Anyway, to the reviewers.

Edited on 03/07/2011 at 10:20:06 AM PST

doccat5
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by doccat5 on Mar 7, 11 10:23 AM
This was a straight hog and not a very good one. I will say again, I will not buy a game that has teenie tiny objects. I would like to be able to enjoy the game without going blind trying to see. No buy here, sigh

peeshee_1951
Stingray
Stingray
5,444 Posts

[Post New]by peeshee_1951 on Mar 7, 11 10:52 AM
I just finished the demo, yep! Time ran out. I didn't have a problem with the graphic being blurry, items being too small, etc. and I wear very strong glasses. I like the riddles part of the HOs as it breaks it up a little from straight lists. The sillouettes(sp?) were clear. The only problem I had was when I couldn't find an object, out of impatience, I clicked on hint and it gave me the exact same sillouette I couldn't find in the first place I couldn't get hint to show me where it was I eventually found it. I enjoyed the story that was meant to be silly and make fun of itself. I won't purchase unless DD or sale but I just didn't think it was awful. It is what it is advertised as and tomorrow is another day Straight HOG lovers may enjoy this one IMO.

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Mar 7, 11 11:30 AM
Does everyone stay up or set the alarm to be the first to review the games? I guess I am just not that crazy.. I like the game no matter what the critic's say..Sometimes it's nice to have a straight HOG.. Thanks BF...

SeaBamboo
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,158 Posts

[Post New]by SeaBamboo on Mar 7, 11 11:36 AM
We are just on different timezones daisyduck - you have posters from around the world here at

pvsquare
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by pvsquare on Mar 7, 11 11:43 AM
I bought this one with a credit and so far I am not too disappointed. The puzzles are easy but it is a good break from some of the more taxing games. The graphics are good and there is a story to go along with the HOG's. The dialog is amusing.

enigma5619
Minnow
Minnow
244 Posts

[Post New]by enigma5619 on Mar 7, 11 11:57 AM
[b]if u like dark(not well lit), boring, same old H.O., then this is the game for u!

catzzz666
Guppy
Guppy
126 Posts

[Post New]by catzzz666 on Mar 7, 11 12:17 PM
I was totally seduced by the excellent quality of the introductory graphics of the intro. 'Happy expectation turned to disapointment once the game started. The graphics took a dive and the game was simplistic to say the least. I lastest 15 mins before I deleted. After having experienced quality games like the Ravenhurst series and Shadow wolf mysteries etc, my standards are too high for the like's of this low budget attempt at "Entertainment"..

pungstress
Minnow
Minnow
203 Posts

[Post New]by pungstress on Mar 7, 11 12:31 PM
darkdisciple1313 wrote:This is me being snarky for a bit, so bear with me.

Therefore, leave if you must, but really: where else are you going to get great and amazing all the time? Nowhere, is my guess. Life is a series of average events, interspersed with days of pure hell, and others of bliss. Why should BFG be expected to be any different?

Edited your comments but I agree with you on everything you said, darkdisciple1313.
It is disappointing when you download a game like this one which looks promising, only to find it is not what you had hoped for. But as you said, not every game can be to each individual's taste. I still think BFG delivers some very entertaining games, IMO better than any other online game site.
I average 4-5 games a month, usually one CE among them because it's grabbed me so quickly I can't wait for the standard version to arrive. Factoring in time I spend playing and expense, that's plenty for me. But then...I have a life.

Leanda1
Clownfish
Clownfish
513 Posts

[Post New]by Leanda1 on Mar 7, 11 1:46 PM
CasualGran wrote: Not top-notch, but well worth, say, a saved gamecredit.

Not even for $2.99 would I pay for this game. I could only last 3 minutes! Story line is terrible (Agree with you Dr.good - put the old rummy in a home and get a life!) the objects were so small as to be non existant. One item I was told to find was a tomato well you look for red stuff right? WRONG! There were only 2 red items a "santa" looking hat and a red feather so that tomato wasn't red nor was it big enough to see. The flying cursor took off after only 4 mis-clicks and yes it was of short duration but come on dev's 4 clicks!!!! No buy for those reasons, couldn't even last 5 minutes.
Lean

duke216
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by duke216 on Mar 7, 11 2:25 PM
Finished the game in about four hours. Enjoyed it, but a bit simple and not worth paying for. I feel I wasted a game credit.

mcbay111
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by mcbay111 on Mar 7, 11 2:34 PM
I am no longer new to Hog and IHog games but I was a few years ago and was only able to do the regular Hogs so I will never say I dislike them. But I do prefer the more difficult and challenging IHogs but now and then I love to play a regular HOG just so I do not have to think so much and I can kick back and relax so I buy regular HOGS now and then. I am not sure this is one I will purchase but I have to finish my hour first. I also LOVE reading everyones reviews. Of course i try the game first anyway but I look for Goofy's and others who do a good review. Doc's was great on this game too. I appreciate their efforts in letting us other fishies know more in depth information about these new HOG and IHOG games. Thank you for your reviews !! Jacki

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Mar 7, 11 2:46 PM
I thought we want more challenges in hogs, or at least some things to make the players think

I certainly don't expect all tomatoes to be red, neither in a scene nor in my garden LOL. Nor is a pepper always red, or green, or yellow or maybe it is a pepper grinder or shaker. Trying to locate a chameleon that is green...well...think again, look again. I've seen complaints that a "bow" wasn't a ribbon or a thing that shoots arrows but a violin bow so demo deleted.

Can't say I'd criticize a game for opening my preconceived opinions. Good Designers know that and play off those tricks of the mind and eye, part of the fun for me. But then again, I'm one who likes green tomatoes end of season, they make the best mock apple pies.

If you can't find a certain object look around something there that is red and obvious, perhaps the artist knows red is drawing your attention away from a more recessive color as faded blue or lilac. There is a reason stop signs and cautions are yellow, they grab your attention faster. If a cigarette, we expect it to be tiny or in an ashtray. I'm one who likes out of perspectives that fool me, the cig may be the door on a train fright in my face in one game that drove players nuts. Those don't make me mad, I'm usually saying out loud OH! good one.

Just sayin....things are not always what WE expect them to be, life is full of surprises that pry us out of monotony or prejudgements and keep things interesting. Well, that's my idea of a fun game anyway and glad this game has some, not hidden objects at all, just foils my hidden ideas.

Go to: