Re:Welcome to Mystery Seekers: The Secret of the Haunted Mansion forum

[Post New]by lubna04 on Mar 22, 11 8:26 AM
somebody reply to my problem too.....please help me with this!!!

The end of the game

[Post New]by LaceyG on Mar 24, 11 5:13 PM
I'm at the end of the game, in the attic, with all three fully assembled amulets. There's that triangle on the ground and I try to put my amulets down and it keeps telling me something's missiing. But what??? The hint button tells me there are no more hints in my satchel....so I'm stuck! Any suggestions?

Stones

[Post New]by LaceyG on Mar 24, 11 5:35 PM
OK--so I hear mention of pink and blue stones and such....I take it these go with the amulets, but where in the heck do I find these stones???? I've been everywhere--tried everything, but I see no stones. It also tells me I've only found 59/66 inventory items and have only solved 32/39 mini-games....but again, I've gone everywhere and can for the life of me figure out where else to go???? HELP!!!!!!!!!!

[Post New]by paulmcnally on Mar 25, 11 1:16 AM
Hi LaceyG, highlight the text in the following paragraph, the text is white in colour to hide the spoiler from other forum users:

You need to collect the "lock pick" from the attic and use this to open 3 locked places around the mansion. Taking a hint in your current situation should advise you to be in the attic, taking a hint whilst in the attic should show you where you can collect the "lock pick" from. Similarly, once you have the "lock pick", if you are struggling to find the 3 locked places then the hint button can be used again.

Hope that helps!

[Post New]by mavel1217 on Mar 27, 11 3:49 PM
If anyone is thinking of buying this game, dont . It is very badly executed the theory is good, but the help is lousy , or none exsistant

[Post New]by Maljoaata on Apr 8, 11 6:10 PM
cinderella49 wrote:I purchased this game yesterday, and I'm asking for some assistance. Aside from the large cursor, volume preset, and huge time costs for using hints, I am getting a repeating instruction to 'visit entrance hall front" which I have done countless times. I've collected 25 crystals, complete pink amulet, 1 pc of blue amulet, knitting needle, fishing hook,lit candle, and set of keys that have enabled me to open all rooms available. What am I missing? Very frustrating, hints give little guidance!

I am exactly in the same place.
I agree, hint does not provide sufficient assistance , I regret that I bought this game.
I wish ,someone will know, how to use candle as indicated by the hint in
entrance hall front ?

Edited on 04/08/2011 at 6:19:09 PM PST

[Post New]by fiddlehead on Apr 18, 11 8:13 AM
I like a bit of a challenge, but this game has me completely stumped. Never have I been so disappointed. I can't even get off the grounds, to find objects to go any further

psylocibin
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by psylocibin on Apr 30, 11 1:25 AM
Help please! I have 10 of the 11 crystals needed to get into the library. I have two pieces of blue amulet and one of red. I have half the code for the safe. Where is that last crystal? Have looked everywhere. Please help.

queencate
Guppy
Guppy
124 Posts

[Post New]by queencate on May 31, 11 12:06 PM
i agree here ..been playing for over 3 hours and still cant find whatever w/o using hints ..plus i have been playing these games for over 5 years ...this one i am still waiting to get somewhere

gwynnyth
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by gwynnyth on Mar 1, 12 6:10 PM
The last two games that I've gotten have been useless. This game is so boring I'm falling asleep playing it. I need another "Hound of the Baskervilles" I'm getting tired of spending a lot of money on junk! Grrrrrrr!

A_reh
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by A_reh on Mar 1, 12 9:05 PM
I can't find the bathroom! I'm guessing it's upstairs but I can't get upstairs.. Please help!

gwynnyth
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by gwynnyth on Mar 3, 12 2:07 PM
Unimaginative, boring, sometimes confusing, expensive, annoying
I've been on Big Fish for a long time, and I really believe the quality of these games is faltering. This is very disappointing!

[Post New]by Snovello2010 on Mar 4, 12 6:31 PM
paulmcnally wrote:Hi Supernerd,

Thank you for posting, I will try an help you out...

If you have 14 gems, then you are probably trying to get into the Master Bedroom, for which you require 17. The previous ghost fight was in the Library which required 11 gems.

Highlight the text in the "invisible" next paragraph for a spoiler:

There are 3 gems in the Library Desk location (2 visible in scene and 1 hidden in the strange book). There is 1 gem in the Upstairs Left location (on the desk behind the fallen picture). Lastly, there are 2 gems in the Upstairs Right location (1 by the vase and 1 by the suit of armour foot). All visible gems are silver in appearance.

If all else fails, you should be able to use the built in hint system, please see my other post with detailed information entitled "How to use the hint system when you get stuck!".

Regards,

Paul

[Post New]by Snovello2010 on Mar 4, 12 6:33 PM
I so stuck. I have three parts of an pink amulet however I have no idea what to do with it, the help button is useless. Can someone give me some guidance?

[Post New]by paulmcnally on Mar 5, 12 8:28 AM
Snovello2010,

In order to combine inventory items you need to touch and hold the first item, drag it outside of the inventory area, then return to the inventory area and release over another item.

Take a look in the how to play pages in the journal as this is described in there too.

Paul

[Post New]by Snovello2010 on Mar 5, 12 12:38 PM
Thank you

A_reh
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by A_reh on Mar 5, 12 10:24 PM
Anyone know how to get to the bathroom? I think I'm missing something. Does anyone have any guidance? Thanks!

[Post New]by CHAMPPAT on Sep 2, 13 12:29 PM
This is one of the best games i have ever played..... 4 1/2 hours of absolute
mind boggleing fun.... I rate this game a 10

[Post New]by ploupe31 on Dec 18, 13 6:56 AM
Im stuck. How do you open the cabinet drawr in the kitchen and where is the candle so I can get to the cellar?

I have half of the safe code, 2 red peices, 1 blue, key to the library
Am I missing anything ?

Go to: