elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mystery Seekers: The Secret of the Haunted Mansion

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Mar 8, 11 6:12 AM
Let me check the calendar--oops, thought it was April Fool's Day already! At least, that's what I thought after a bit of time with today's TGT! This can't be for real, right? The title kinda sucks us in ("Treasure Seekers," anyone?), but then so does quicksand. The (no-choice) cursor, that's about the size of my thumbnail, reminded me of an arcade-style shooting-gallery game. I found it quite challenging to find a 5-pixel hidden object with a 100-pixel round (no-pointy) cursor. The movement directions--"Outside left," "Outside right," "Outside Afar"? Just give me an arrow!

Guess you can tell that I'll take a pass on this one. Too bad--the title had a lot of promise, as did the d/l file size. Oh well, tomorrow's another day.

P.S. But as the ever-astute doctorgood reminded us, as least we all got an unsolicited DirectX checkup!

Edited on 03/08/2011 at 7:07:12 AM PST

dfringer
Clownfish
Clownfish
864 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Mystery Seekers: The Secret of the Haunted Mansion

[Post New]by dfringer on Mar 8, 11 6:16 AM
agree with you all- this game is H-O-R-R-I-B-L-E! I'd rather collect roadkill all day then finish this game.
There is a serious drought of good SE IHOGS/AHOGS. what is up BF?

Mudrock said in his weekly preview post,
Mystery Seekers: The Secret of the Haunted Mansion . This is also a Hidden object game and one many of you will fall in love with right away.

well I did fall in love with my delete button after ten minutes of the demo, and I love all of your clever reviews and comments!

Edited on 03/08/2011 at 6:17:11 AM PST

dogmama
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,998 Posts

[Post New]by dogmama on Mar 8, 11 6:17 AM
I've only played 15 minutes, but I don't believe it's a bad game. It is, however, a game for children. On the dev's website, it states that it is mainly for the 7-11 year olds. I'm surprised it was released here since the huge majority of players are adults.

dfringer
Clownfish
Clownfish
864 Posts

[Post New]by dfringer on Mar 8, 11 6:24 AM
dogmama said,
I've only played 15 minutes, but I don't believe it's a bad game. It is, however, a game for children. On the dev's website, it states that it is mainly for the 7-11 year olds. I'm surprised it was released here since the huge majority of players are adults

thanks for the info, Perhaps some of you with children in the 7-11 age range could have them demo the game and get back to us.

[Post New]by Coronagold on Mar 8, 11 6:25 AM
Good grief, I'm not even gonna bother downloading after these reviews. But hey, don't start blaming BFG for any lame games. These are mostly the only HOGs out there on planet Earth being made. Look at other HOG game sites and see what they still list as "new". It's a joke. A sad joke.

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Mar 8, 11 6:28 AM
I really wanted to like this game but it was just a walk down frustrating road. What's going on here with these less than good games. I have a game credit for this month and another credit for whenever. At this rate, I'll never have the chance to use them. What happened to Adventure games, without all the hidden objects? I mean like the Siberia one and Shelock Holmes. You have to be able to get your hands on some of those kind of games. I like games where you have to think and it has a story behind it. I don't like a game like this where they fine you for using a hint when clearly a hint is the only way you will get past the first scene. Please BF try and get a great adventure game so I and all the other adventure games lovining fishies have something to keep them happy for a couple days.See all these bad games have got me rammbling.

hannah57
Clownfish
Clownfish
760 Posts

[Post New]by hannah57 on Mar 8, 11 6:28 AM
I really wanted to like this game but it was just a walk down frustrating road. What's going on here with these less than good games. I have a game credit for this month and another credit for whenever. At this rate, I'll never have the chance to use them. What happened to Adventure games, without all the hidden objects? I mean like the Siberia one and Shelock Holmes. You have to be able to get your hands on some of those kind of games. I like games where you have to think and it has a story behind it. I don't like a game like this where they fine you for using a hint when clearly a hint is the only way you will get past the first scene. Please BF try and get a great adventure game so I and all the other adventure games lovining fishies have something to keep them happy for a couple days.See all these bad games have got me rammbling.

[Post New]by LuvDemGames on Mar 8, 11 6:38 AM
Huge cursor, fuzzy h0 scenes, made it through 4 minutes! Lousy game!

gailweis
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by gailweis on Mar 8, 11 6:45 AM
I can't wait to demo - if only to see if it's as bad as everyone says! We're not having too much luck lately, are we?

Dr. Good - Loved your review!

Gail

dianaluna
Herring
Herring
339 Posts

[Post New]by dianaluna on Mar 8, 11 6:45 AM

I have had to break down & buy CE's because I'm going crazy waiting for a good game. I have three game credits & no game on which to use them. Yesterday I broke out a jigsaw puzzle & started a new book & bought a cross-stitch kit. It's all good I guess but I still have that itch for a good game!

cme550
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by cme550 on Mar 8, 11 6:47 AM
Well, I decided to finish the demo thinking maybe once I got into the mansion it might get a little better. I managed to find the gems and fight the ghosts and a few other things before I quit the game with 5 minutes left in the demo. Nope, didnt get better.

However, I did enjoy "fighting" the ghosts. I always liked arcade shooters and am pretty good at it.

[Post New]by sunshine12750 on Mar 8, 11 6:52 AM
Another bad review. That's three in a row. Must be time for a CE. that seems to be the only decent games being released

[Post New]by cottoncandy2 on Mar 8, 11 6:52 AM
I tried really, really hard to like this game and maybe 10 years ago I would have. If you like puzzles and hidden object scenes then you might like this game because they seemed to be the actual highlight (which isn't saying much). I kept cleaning my glasses because I thought they were dirty but no such luck, just bad, fuzzy graphics.

auntj38
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by auntj38 on Mar 8, 11 7:02 AM
[b]Oh my......this is truely an awful game.All the comment's from the Fishies was right on. I was determined to finish my hour free trial to see if I could pull something interesting from this game....WRONG!!!I felt like I was swimming up stream in a flash flood.There goes another day w/o a decent game. i am sitting here wanting to use a free credit for a game I can sink my teeth in. Maybe tomorrow.

barbee44
Clownfish
Clownfish
667 Posts

[Post New]by barbee44 on Mar 8, 11 7:39 AM
What in the world does BFG think we'll do with our credits? Certainly can't use them on this crappola. If a good game does come out... guess what? It's a CE.

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Mar 8, 11 7:39 AM
!!! I think that about covers it.

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Mar 8, 11 7:41 AM
i had no problem with the sound, i turned down my speakers! i also did'nt mind the cursor. that is about all i can say that is positive about this game. oh, i lasted 10 minutes!!!

poggyapoo
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by poggyapoo on Mar 8, 11 7:41 AM
mhatfie wrote: !!! I think that about covers it.

Haha LOL!!!

ARETHORN
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by ARETHORN on Mar 8, 11 7:43 AM
Agree with all the comments made this is another rubbish game.How are we meant
to use up our credits when at the moment the only decent HOG/ADVENTURE games
coming out appear to be SE editons where we cannot use credits on.Im starting to
despair that BF are struggling to find decent titles worth releasing for the PC as game
studios switch over to IPAD ,IPHONE games.BF any chance of reviewing the credits
issued and allowing us to use them on SE games?????

barbee44
Clownfish
Clownfish
667 Posts

[Post New]by barbee44 on Mar 8, 11 7:44 AM
Coronagold wrote:Good grief, I'm not even gonna bother downloading after these reviews. But hey, don't start blaming BFG for any lame games. These are mostly the only HOGs out there on planet Earth being made. Look at other HOG game sites and see what they still list as "new". It's a joke. A sad joke.

Sorry but I do blame them. They are charging us a credit every month that we can't possibly use. This is why I quit the club. If things change, I'll join back, but I refuse to buy a credit every month that I cannot use.

Comments on the game.... another 6.99 loser.

Edited on 03/08/2011 at 7:50:35 AM PST

Go to: