melting snow for the boiler/ won't let me back in to the cabin to melt the snow so I can put it in

[Post New]by artistonboard on Mar 12, 11 2:06 PM
after i have the med-pak filled with snow...I can't get back in cabin with the fire to melt the snow to take back to the boiler. I have downloaded the game twice and am still stuck with a bucket of snow I can't melt.

diggermonty
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

Re:Post any Hallowed Legends: Samhain Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by diggermonty on Mar 12, 11 4:11 PM
sartoria wrote:I haven't seen this problem yet in the forum - I can't open the hidden object scene at the very beginning. I can open the inventory and the journal, but I've clicked on everything else and nothing happens.

The same thing is happening to me!
I've changed cursors, resolution and started new games. I still can't open that H0G scene.This game is a no-buy for me

UPDATE:

I lowered the resolution and minimized the game. It works now.
This is a serious problem in a game. It should detect your settings and adjust it self to suit. Older games do it. Why not newer ones?

Edited on 03/16/2011 at 2:50:22 PM PST

Re:Post any Hallowed Legends: Samhain Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by hilohattie on Mar 12, 11 4:35 PM
I can't close out of the car the beginning of chapter 11. I clicked on the scratched number and saw the journal page but then it freezes and there is no entry in the journal.

diggermonty
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by diggermonty on Mar 12, 11 7:00 PM
Another buggy game that was rushed through the process. I wish the developers would do more beta testing AND follow up on the comments. I guess the chase for the almighty bucks over shadow that. I have not heard about this developer before. Probably from an east European sweatshop. They really crank them out over there. Quality control? Pshaw. Who cares.

rosapre
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by rosapre on Mar 13, 11 5:53 AM
I'm also having trouble with many of the puzzles. I had to skip 3 so far because of glitches and I HATE skipping puzzles. I always try and play games in advance mode and I don't use the hint button or the skip button so this is really disappointing!

Rainbow722
Flounder
Flounder
2,404 Posts

[Post New]by Rainbow722 on Mar 13, 11 11:56 AM
Had to change my screen resolution also to get the game full screen--hate doing that because you have to change back and forth every time you go in & out of game!

Had same glitch in the weights puzzle as everyone else is having--weights just won't behave and just give me a message that tells me I have to move them!

In the chapel key puzzle, I got the keys in the right place, but can't figure out the right sequence to press the buttons--the SG says press according to "your solution" but I don't know where to find that. I pressed in the order of the colors, according to the shield, starting w/green of course, in all directions and finally had to skip that one too.

Now I am trying to get the gas can filled, but it says I need a wrench to open gas valve, the SG says place the handle on the gas valve--I don't have a handle or wrench and can't find in the SG where I should get either. The handles I had previously in the game have been used.

I am finding the game very enjoyable (great graphics and story), but a bit frustrated with the glitches I have been running into. I sure hope there is a fix for this one soon! I actually wouldn't even mind if I had to start the game over in order to re-play the puzzles I have had to skip as it is very entertaining.

[Post New]by greenie101 on Mar 13, 11 3:26 PM
I am not able to choose the phonebook in the bonus gameplay. The hint shows it, but I cannot pick it.

mouseclick2
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by mouseclick2 on Mar 13, 11 5:13 PM
ThoughtFox wrote:All previous puzzles have worked for me, but I'm now on the lion head puzzle with red and yellow spheres. I have found the missing sphere, but the game won't let me move the rings around to solve the puzzle. I really don't want to skip!

Is anyone else having this problem? Any solutions?

Thanks,
ThoughtFox

[Post New]by aunteek816 on Mar 14, 11 2:23 PM
I had the gas can and it vanished by the time I wanted to use it. Very frustrating....I can go no further in the game without it. I read that others had problems with things disappearing also. Any solutions, Big Fish? This game wasn`t cheap and was loving it.

penhaligon
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by penhaligon on Mar 14, 11 7:58 PM
rosapre wrote:I'm also having trouble with many of the puzzles. I had to skip 3 so far because of glitches and I HATE skipping puzzles. I always try and play games in advance mode and I don't use the hint button or the skip button so this is really disappointing!

I am having the exact same problem; having to skip puzzles because they suddenly quit working . This is exasperating, especially when you pay extra for the Collector's Edition

Weretacha
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by Weretacha on Mar 14, 11 9:28 PM
I can't even open this game. Direct X is up to date. Computers were built 6 months ago. This is the second game giving me this kind of issue. This is getting annoying...

[Post New]by MerryMaryQC on Mar 15, 11 6:19 AM
greenie101 wrote:I am not able to choose the phonebook in the bonus gameplay. The hint shows it, but I cannot pick it.

I am having the same problem. Any solution?

[Post New]by JoManita on Mar 15, 11 1:32 PM
I am having issues with trying to pick up that phone book in the bonus issue. I love the game but this is getting to be a pain in the you know where. Can someone please tell me how to get past the issue. I've clicked and clicked and clicked and I've clicked exactly where the "hint" sent me and still NO BOOK! HELP!!!

AnnieO_2424mad
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by AnnieO_2424mad on Mar 15, 11 3:37 PM
Exhausted from trying to resolve issue of picking up phone book in first **** scene of bonus gameplay.

Tried exiting game and going back in.
Tried with new profile.
Reinstalled game and tried with a 3rd profile.
Wrote to CS.
Checked for updates on drivers, adobe flash and shock players, DirecX, and you name it.
Played with 4th profile in Advanced Mode.
Same problem is still there.

No problems with puzzles or anything else throughout the regular game. But this one problem knocks me out of the bonus gameplay - which is the primary reason I bought the collector's edition. (I have many CEs and this is the first problem with any of them, ever.)

Running Windows XP Pro

Edited to say that UNCHECKING the custom cursor solved the problem and I am playing through the bonus gameplay just fine now.

Edited on 03/15/2011 at 4:56:46 PM PST

serena302
Catfish
Catfish
1,598 Posts

[Post New]by serena302 on Mar 16, 11 12:35 PM
diggermonty wrote:
sartoria wrote:I haven't seen this problem yet in the forum - I can't open the hidden object scene at the very beginning. I can open the inventory and the journal, but I've clicked on everything else and nothing happens.

The same thing is happening to me!
I've changed cursors, resolution and started new games. I still can't open that H0G scene.This game is a no-buy for me

I having the same problems any fix to this yet?

togood2be
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by togood2be on Mar 17, 11 1:15 AM
Kya27 wrote:I am having problems with the weight puzzle....sigh! I know how to solve it, that's not my problem. The problem is a glitch, the weights are stacking up on eachother and now they are totally stuck and can't move any of them. It just keeps saying I have to move them to the other chain! And the skip button won't work

Suggestions? I really don't want to have to start over!

I am on my second restart because of a glitch in another puzzle later on: sliding the icons into the matching slots, it seems to have some ghost pieces on the board, no reset? Second time around now I have the same issue with the weights. Anybody finish without glitches? I can't skip the puzzles it won't let me and I hate to do that anyway! Happy St.Patricks day all you irish folk

Jeni15
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by Jeni15 on Mar 17, 11 1:07 PM
calsmom2001 wrote:
GiGi_Guppy wrote:This is my first post, as I usually do not have any issues with the BF Games. I bought this game, and everything was proceeding well, until I was trying to go underwater. When I select Menu, or strategy guide, or inventory, nothing happens. I deleted and re-downloaded, but the same issue is present. The download was VERY slow as well. I am running Windows 7. I was really loving this game, so I am bummed I can not proceed to the end. Any suggestions?

GiGi_Guppy,
I am having the exact same issue. Everything was fine to this point, I hope we get a fix soon. I really love this game (gave 5 in a review post) and I WANT to finish. Please , address this!

Same problem here!! Very frustrating

Edited on 03/17/2011 at 1:09:27 PM PST

Rainbow722
Flounder
Flounder
2,404 Posts

[Post New]by Rainbow722 on Mar 18, 11 7:25 PM
Just checking in here to see if we have a fix for this game. A bit disappointed that we haven't heard from a mod or someone who knows to say a fix was in the works!

I really like this game and don't want it refunded--rather see it fixed.

djrum525
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,389 Posts

[Post New]by djrum525 on Mar 19, 11 7:58 AM
Same here Rainbow. I don't see the point in playing any longer until an update is issued and I'd really like to finish this game!

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Mar 19, 11 9:50 AM
Hello everyone,

If you are seeing display issues (i.e. black screen, slow game, etc.), please be sure to check if there are any updates available for computer as this might help. Here is a help article with those steps:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If you're unable to pick up a hidden object item and have purchased your game through Big Fish Games or if you are having an issue with the weights, please write in to Tech Support (you can click on this link) and please include as much information, including screenshots if applicable and/or a Dr. Felix report, so that our reps can better assist you. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

Go to: