Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Hallowed Legends: Samhain Collector's Edition

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Mar 11, 11 1:41 PM
Don't know if this will solve your screen issue, but I noticed there is an option that says Full Screen ---Wide Screen. I clicked it and it opened up my whole screen, no more black bars down the side, and the graphics remained clear.

Debnfla
Herring
Herring
336 Posts

[Post New]by Debnfla on Mar 11, 11 2:00 PM
I am so enjoying this game! Although I've had some glitches and had to skip the some puzzles....this is a wonderful game! So much fun!

KimiKanda
Guppy
Guppy
145 Posts

[Post New]by KimiKanda on Mar 11, 11 2:40 PM
"AWESOME" game. I was amazed at the graphics, music, interactive play and . . . . . . Oh! Everything about this game is a steaming mist of mystery. Searching the pond, releasing the souls, to the eerie music, makes it all the more spine-chilling. Yes! Yes! My kind of game. Thanks, to the developers, tech crew, designers, etc., etc., etc. Lov'in it!

Silvia_B
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by Silvia_B on Mar 11, 11 3:28 PM
The 60 minutes flew by. I knew 15 minutes into the game, I would get it. Loved all the mini puzzles although skipped quite a few not to waste time. Like kdubs, I missed the voice overs but probably reduced the the size of the game. Looking forward to playing it under a new name & taking my time to enjoy it.

Great Job!!! I have a free game credit but I need you guys to give something besides the CE games <grin>

Silvia

eire11
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by eire11 on Mar 11, 11 5:46 PM
Although I am not normally a great fan of HOGs this one was an exception for me because of all the challenging puzzles. I love games that tax your intellect to some degree. The fact that there were so many different kinds of puzzles made it all the better and worth the price. Bring on more of these and I will be spending the extra for the Collector's Editions.

LadyBlue0321
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by LadyBlue0321 on Mar 11, 11 5:48 PM
moonlightgrey wrote:I think the bird is a blasted night hawk. Ask me how I know. I just don't know if they have them in Cornwall.

I'm not sure I'm following this. Which bird, what's a blasted night hawk, and if the birds aren't in Cornwall, where do they live?

LOL??

[Post New]by hookedonHOG on Mar 11, 11 8:40 PM
I too am loving this game I usually skip the cut scenes but these are wonderful especially the one going down the river
The puzzles are hard but i love a challenge and i love the different ones you have never seen.
The lock puzzle is fairly easy once you get started so please dont skip it /its the challenge thats fun
I am so glad its great because i was so ready for a good one that i didnt even trial it i bought it right away and i am so happy i did

Those that dont like scary, evil, or vampires if they were real i wouldnt either, but this is a game so i usually remember that as i am playing

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Mar 11, 11 10:10 PM
I liked it but without the SG I would have been lost. Not much rhyme or reason to the stuff you had to do, and where you had to go to get it. I kinda harrummphed a bit after putting together that wooden walkway, across the tower, only to get...well you know what. And the bird is a raven, lol.

Edited on 03/11/2011 at 10:10:56 PM PST

[Post New]by BlueLikeJazz on Mar 11, 11 10:25 PM
Boring. I quit after 15 minutes into the demo.

nelliegemini
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,898 Posts

[Post New]by nelliegemini on Mar 12, 11 4:27 AM
I bought this game, and am playing it but now I am just bored.

I don't know why, I've just stopped caring about what is happening and who I'm chasing - I don't even know if I'll finish it since Stray Souls has come out today. I am now just skipping puzzles to get to the end (SPOILER for you who have finished I have got to the seaplane).

I just don't know where the urge to play went, I know I was joking at the allegedly Cornish setting, but hey, there were a few howlers in Dire Grove and I soon stopped noticing them. It's just got very dull.

Maybe it's me, so I'll dl Stray Souls and see if I can get my mojo back.

And I would expect to see ravens in mountains, certainly the mountains in Cornwall lol.

Edited on 03/12/2011 at 4:29:40 AM PST

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Mar 12, 11 5:27 AM
nelliegemini wrote:I bought this game, and am playing it but now I am just bored.

I don't know why, I've just stopped caring about what is happening and who I'm chasing - I don't even know if I'll finish it since Stray Souls has come out today. I am now just skipping puzzles to get to the end (SPOILER for you who have finished I have got to the seaplane).

I just don't know where the urge to play went, I know I was joking at the allegedly Cornish setting, but hey, there were a few howlers in Dire Grove and I soon stopped noticing them. It's just got very dull.

Maybe it's me, so I'll dl Stray Souls and see if I can get my mojo back.

And I would expect to see ravens in mountains, certainly the mountains in Cornwall lol.

I kind of feel the same way. I'm not really that interested in finishing it but that might have something to do with the rather flat HOG scenes and most of the puzzles are the type I don't have much talent at... sliding balls or bars, algebra... not really what I consider 'fun'.

nelliegemini
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,898 Posts

[Post New]by nelliegemini on Mar 12, 11 5:57 AM
Strange isn't it, the way you suddenly go off a game, only happened to me twice before, once with Drawn Painted Tower, which I will start again once I feel stronger, because I don't know why I went off it and I never finished Secret of Margrave Manor, which just seemed to go on and on and on.

I had problems with the HOG scenes right from the beginning and found the puzzles odd, strange since I absolutely loved Eden's Quest: The Quest for Akua, which was puzzle after puzzle, but they all seemed logical to me.

[Post New]by Rene1969 on Mar 12, 11 6:30 AM
This is an enjoyable, engrossing game.It reminds me little of DeadTime Stories, although DeadTime Stories was about voodoo and this one is about Celtic folklore. I am sure some will be offended by it due to the Samhain Festival references. The topic may be a little dark and spooky, but I think that is what made the game a must have for me.. The puzzles are different and a little challenging, but not too hard to where you are going to want to skip them every single time. Why skip them when you can always go to the Strategy Guide for tips and solutions, or here with a Walkthrough provided?

You earn achievements for tasks performed throughout the game, which I liked! I loved the graphics, they are stunning. The music fits the storyline, fantastic. There were no glitches, freezing screen, or any other type of errors. ( Not for me, but may differ from what other gamers experienced.)

This game is very detailed and is a long playing game. Not sure, but I think we might see a part two for this one. This game is worth the money you are going to spend on it for the Collector's Edition!

That being said, happy gaming to all!

elhar02
Guppy
Guppy
149 Posts

[Post New]by elhar02 on Mar 12, 11 1:00 PM
IMO this is an absolutely terrific game. The graphics are perfect and no problem running on Windows 7, 64 bit However, I really have to add that I purchased the CE edition and no way could I have gotten thru the game without the integrated Strategy Guide which was truly a lifesaver on many, many parts otherwise I wouldn't have known where I was going or what to do. I started out OK but as I went further into the game I was completely lost -- guess I needed to take notes as I progressed but truly hate to do that -- guess I rely on memory too much!!!!! TG for the Guide which was very detailed and told me exactly what I needed to do and even provided welcome help wth solving all the various puzzles -- at least a starting point and perhaps I could carry on from there -- not always but sometimes!!
Kudos to all those you didn't need it but I truly did!!! Guess that's why I love CE's with all the added info. Probably by the time the SE is released there will be a walk-thru and, unless you aren't as dense as I am, you will certainly need it at various points through-out the game.

Perfect adventure type game which should appeal to a lot of fishes and just hope you are more alert than me. How long does it take to become proficient in these type of games?????

Other than my denseness, the game was terrific and I thoroughy enjoyed it. The developers did a terrific job!!!

Edited on 03/12/2011 at 1:06:35 PM PST

abarrett
Clownfish
Clownfish
990 Posts

[Post New]by abarrett on Mar 12, 11 2:34 PM
I really loved playing this game. It is the usual "rescue the missing loved one" storyline and there were mystical/magical elements to it. But the Celtic mythology/folklore setting made the storyline one that we havent seen in quite a while.
I thought the comment that was along the lines of "Oops, I think I just opened the gate to the next relm..." was kind of an understatement. LOL

Pearly11
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,429 Posts

[Post New]by Pearly11 on Mar 12, 11 4:28 PM
Bought it somewhere else and like it, but the music...is that not the same monotonous tune that I heard in Hidden Expeditions Titanic a loooooooong time ago?

Edited on 03/12/2011 at 4:29:14 PM PST

KayleighJ
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by KayleighJ on Mar 12, 11 4:32 PM
Smallhaven wrote:Comment: First off... As a Hedgwitch, I found nothing to be offended by in Hallowed Legends. Though Cerrunos is portrayed darker than I'm comfortable with, I accept the developers artistic license with the creation of the character in their game. They took a subject matter that is prone to misconception and bastardization and made it entertainingly their own. Kudos to them for that.

This is one CE that I have found value in and intend to replay at some point in the future. Like at Samhain.

That's the only thing really bugging me about this game. Am I offended by the subject matter (as a celtic neopagan)? No. I love the dark stuff; and you've got to try pretty hard to offend me. However, I can't help but be irked on some level by a game that really does hit the nail on the head with some things, but so completely misses the mark with others.

missy12
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,263 Posts

[Post New]by missy12 on Mar 12, 11 7:30 PM
really liked this game.
The picures were great,the story alsome,if you are think about buying ,you won,t regreat
it.the itmes were easy to fine.loved all the scences,the only thing I wished it had was vocies.
that would of been cool and more scray,but all and all a great games.

abhita
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by abhita on Mar 12, 11 10:14 PM
A great fan of hogs, liked the demo, will purchase for sure. I like the context, and anyone wanting to find true nature of any pagan identities can look them up...Its fun and easy to see, the music is fitting.

sionnach_dhu
Herring
Herring
305 Posts

[Post New]by sionnach_dhu on Mar 12, 11 11:19 PM
wyldedragonfly wrote:As for the game, I won't buy it - due to the fact that Samhain is one of the high holidays in the Pagan/Wiccan religion and I won't see it made out to something it isn't. I'm sure the many other religions represented on this forum wouldn't buy a game that involved one of their sacred days (really, can you see a Passover or Easter HOG?).

I've only played about 25 minutes of the demo, and the game itself is fun, but the ugly warping of religion is, so far, more than a bit on the offensive side.

Editing to add: I see that other pagans have weighed in that it's not as bad as the first few minutes seem to make out, so I may continue to play and make a fuller judgement.

Edited on 03/12/2011 at 11:21:18 PM PST

Go to: