[Post New]by xpetch on Mar 12, 11 6:35 PM
I just wish it was LONGER!! Great game.

xssa
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Reviews for Stray Souls: Dollhouse Story

[Post New]by xssa on Mar 12, 11 8:02 PM
i loved the morphing objects. the game seemed to go pretty fast, though, even though i tried to take my time.
was it just me, or is the doll a rip off form that movie 'nine'? it even had the zipper in front and made out of burlap and stuff.
i didn't like all the occult stuff, the demons in the trunk and stuff.
overall, though, i loved the game. very nice the way you do things like put out the fire and the room changes.
nothing too hard, i thought, but then i think i have been playing often enough i'm catching on. not sure i could have zipped through the game when i first started playing hidden objects.
great game.

lisam63
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by lisam63 on Mar 12, 11 8:35 PM
i like to read your reviews casual gran !!
keep up the great writing
btw..i just found out this game is here cuz i was sick with a fish flu last nite...
now i am wondering if i should try it cuz i am here all by myself tonite ...

gamergirl675
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,156 Posts

[Post New]by gamergirl675 on Mar 13, 11 12:26 AM
bamlink wrote:
lucyloket wrote:I'm surprised there's so few reviews for the game and quite a number appear to be from people who got the CE.

I think that by the time the SE comes out, the excitement about a game is long gone. Most of the enthusiasts bought it already as a CE and probably posted their reviews in that forum (I don't know that for certain as I would never look into a CE forum. I'm just a lowly 'credit' member and don't belong there. In fact, I don't know if SE buyers are permitted in CE forums.) Nevertheless, you should probably spend your credit on it as not too many decent games come our way any more.

Why would you say that? Everyone is welcome in any forum and there is only one type of membership so we're all the same. Plus you don't even have to be a member to enjoy the forums.

sunidayz
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by sunidayz on Mar 13, 11 3:43 AM
Three days in a row! Great games! I love it! Played this one before, but enjoyed playing it again. It's an "9" out of 10 in my book.

Mrs_Kim
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by Mrs_Kim on Mar 13, 11 4:04 AM
I never buy a CE before even though when this game's CE was released I was very tempted to, since living outside the U.S means higher price of the games, so I have to wait for the SE. I was spooked on the demo, I think the graphic was great.. I first thought that the doll who helps us along the way is an evil one, looks like that to me, but looks is deceiving, hahaha..

I'm happy I bought the game.. I wish it was longer.. I found around 25 Beyond objects, when I was near the end, I thought the game will be longer, because I still have around 11 beyond objects left to find..

I don't know the rest of the ending because no bonus gameplay, but I wish the doll was saved... I began to like him during the game, he's not annoying and certainly very helpful with hints..no strategy guide needed with such a hint-friendly option.

9gamer5
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by 9gamer5 on Mar 13, 11 9:31 AM
Just finished playing the standard edition. It was a terrific game. Enjoyed the graphics and looking for the "Beyond" objects in each scene. Well worth the investment of time and money.

barbee44
Clownfish
Clownfish
667 Posts

[Post New]by barbee44 on Mar 13, 11 12:13 PM
Just to let you know that my friend got the CE and told me the extra play wasn't that great and that the HOG scenes were the same ones used during the main part of the game and she was very disappointed. The objects to find in some cases were the same too.

So I'm glad I waited for the SE. The only thing I miss is the guide, it's more trouble to pause the game to find a WT.... but for the price, it's just fine. I can cope.

Enjoy the game, it is a good one.

Edited on 03/13/2011 at 12:16:19 PM PST

lucyloket
Guppy
Guppy
138 Posts

[Post New]by lucyloket on Mar 13, 11 1:36 PM
Finished the game today but still hadn't found all the morphing objects - grrr!
Not sure how long it took but I seemed to play for ages!
A really good game and I hope there are similar ones on the way - with the morphing items too (I think they're like a little 'extra' game in game ;D)

Yay - just seen that I've morphed myself - into a Lobster.............

Edited on 03/13/2011 at 1:37:39 PM PST

pvsquare
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by pvsquare on Mar 13, 11 1:48 PM
This game suits me to a tee. I love the hint guy. The background music fits the mood of the game. I am going to try to play the game with going to the walkthrough and at my speed it should take several hours.

The_Wanderer
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

re:Your Comments and Reviews for Stray Souls: Dollhouse Story

[Post New]by The_Wanderer on Mar 13, 11 2:14 PM
Just finished the game and really enjoyed it. I ended up with 35 out of 36 morphing objects so am happy with that.

The graphics were excellent, the music was great. I would definitely recommend this game.

[Post New]by tammylovesred on Mar 13, 11 10:37 PM
i just got through finishing this game loved it well worth the credit. one of the best games on here so far but have played a lot of great games here, my oppion is BIG FISH RULES............

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Mar 13, 11 11:43 PM
ginny46 wrote:Wow! Glad I did'nt purchase the CE. Just finished the game, and I finished in two hours. No skipped puzzles. Great game, but short.

Hi there,
Just wondering if you managed to also completedthe other challenge within the game. Did you find all of the Between Objects?
Cheers.

Edited on 03/14/2011 at 12:09:12 AM PST

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by thistle809 on Mar 14, 11 3:08 AM
Beautiful graphics, appropriate music, good sound effects, chillingly interesting storyline, widely varied mini-games; just too short. Great for those of us who like a somewhat creepy, but not too horrifying, setting. There were a couple of times when I had a chill run up my spine; especially when an insect (or insects) ran across the screen. The story is really quite creepy, but if you do not allow yourself to dwell on it too much, you should be okay. The map is a tremendous help, because it shows you where something needs to be done, as well as places you will need to re-visit eventually. The "Beyond" objects make the game even more fun (even though I found only 28 of them). I give it 4-1/2 out of 5 stars, with a deduction only because it is rather short. I finished in about 3 hours; using only one hint, and skipping no mini-games, as well as reading all the journal entries and dialogue. 1/2

phisherman
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by phisherman on Mar 14, 11 10:27 AM
What is the deal recently with all the slow motion games with sluggish cursor. All games worth playing lately have been this way. This is extemely annoying. This has become the norm instead of the exception. I would rather wait on a game and have it work properly. Come on BF, what happened to quality.

grma61
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by grma61 on Mar 14, 11 10:31 AM
I just finished this game and I had a great time. I would recommend this game to everyone. It had everything I would want in a HOG. I was beginning to think the only good games were CE'S. Thanks BF this has been a long time coming.

SoHoGirl
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by SoHoGirl on Mar 14, 11 11:43 AM
I thought this was a pretty cute game. Nice graphics.....a little too short for me. I finished it in a couple of hours....but I did skip a few of the mini games.

I found some of the hidden object hard to see so I had to use the hints more often than I would have liked.

I enjoyed it....but I am glad that I waited for the SE edtion. You really didn't need any kind of walkthrough. It was much too simple for that.

I guess I am just waiting for a game that will really keep me walking. I like to wander from place to place and there really just didn't seem like there were too many places to wander to in this game....or at least wander to and have to return to to finish a task. I got bored really easily and then it was over before I knew it.

Just not enough going on to keep me satisfied.

Wished I hadn't spent a credit on this one.

Edited on 03/14/2011 at 11:47:11 AM PST

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Mar 14, 11 4:03 PM
Very great game - good graphic, good gameplay. A buy for me

[Post New]by lindala1955 on Mar 14, 11 11:21 PM
Absolutely loved this game. Finished it and started over again. Am still playing. Love the freaky, creepy clown. Cool story. Very enjoyable.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Mar 15, 11 1:38 AM
I only pay extra for a CE because I usually need the SGuide, but haven't bought this one. If some can play this in 2 or 3 hours, well that means long enough for me at over 4 hours. Sounds like if a walkthrough wasn't needed, and good hint system, journal and a MAP I shouldn't need a SG. I do like shorter wandering walks because I'm short term memory impaired and can't remember how to get back for something to find or use. So, that makes a game longer for me wasting time wandering in loops, and frustrating.

If you find all the morphing objects then is there a bonus game or something or is that just to score yourself or a trophy.

I guess a SE is a good way to go since one can upgrade later if it isn't enough play or features. I just don't enjoy having to leave a game for help or a WT, but if enough are saying it is easy and a fun play I'll probably use a credit. Was waiting for some good DDs or COW I didn't have but seems most are TMs lately so I have some extra cash with my credit to spend.

I don't mind "creepy" if there's no blood or vampires or such, just love fantasy which some call occult (?). I like games where there are evil spirits or ghosts that I can cleanse the place of evil, some redeeming quality IMO. Nicer than murders and violence. This sounds like my kind of game.

Go to: