Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

Re:Post any Stray Souls: Dollhouse Story technical issues here only

[Post New]by 2easy on Mar 18, 11 4:24 PM
Floating cursor....FIX IT!

[Post New]by tinahdans on Mar 19, 11 3:24 AM
BFG instructs us to "Post any Stray Souls: Dollhouse Story technical issues here.", yet they do not address any of the posts. WTF? Is this merely a "venting" forum for all of us to gripe to each other about our various "issues"? There are 3 pages (so far) of problems regarding this game, and not 1 reply from BFG tech. This kind of customer service is ineffective, to say the least.

Edited on 03/19/2011 at 3:25:37 AM PST

[Post New]by bpearce2001 on Mar 19, 11 2:40 PM
Game keeps freezing my computer. Running Windows 7 with 12gigs of RAM, and an i7 proc. All other games from BF play fine. This is the first game I've had trouble with. It plays fine on my laptop, which is also running Windows 7 and has an i5 proc with 4 gigs of RAM. I have two ATI 6850 graphics cards with 1gb of DDR5 RAM in each card, so I don't think it's a system capability issue.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Mar 19, 11 3:48 PM
Hi folks,

It sounds like a number of you are having display or Access Violation errors. There are a couple of help articles that I would like to point out in case you haven't gone through these troubleshooting steps yet:

Access Violation

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If you've already taken these steps and are still experiencing issues, please get in touch with Tech Support (you can click on this link) for further assistance so that we can work on getting this resolved for you.

I just wanted to clarify that although our tech threads are extremely useful for players to connect with any technical issues that might be occurring, the best way to work out these issues is by contacting our Tech team. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

lisam63
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by lisam63 on Mar 20, 11 8:48 AM
same, same, same, no error msgs tho..
just chunks of white ..was able to find the first 2 beyond objects cuz they were the only images in the white bottom half was ok...
weird ...
played on another pc with np ...this is a used /new hard drive..so nothing is on it yet..lots of space ..good memory..meets all requirements
could it be the graphics card ?????..mine is 64mb or whatever

[Post New]by pussinboots64 on Mar 20, 11 2:07 PM
roodysrealgram wrote: I downloaded the game and everything was fine until I tried to move from the scene where the two dolls are trying to saw the lock off. When I try to move to the next scene everything goes white. I can stil click on the the yellow sparkles but can't see what to do. Any suggestions on how to fix this problem? All help will be appreciated.

Same here except my computer just turns itself totally off & back on again!

[Post New]by NancySusan on Mar 26, 11 8:10 PM
pungstress wrote:
coffelady wrote:i am also having trouble with the screen going white on me, i have uninstalled and reinstalled twice, what else can i do?

Same problem here; I recall having the same problem with the CE version of this game. It's really disappointing because it looks like a game that's right up my alley.

Yup, screen went white on first HOG, then I exited the game via Ctl, Alt, Del., then uninstalled and reinstalled, finished the HOG and it went white when I tried to read the journal, back to Ctl, Alt, etc. Have no idea what the problem is, it looks like an interesting game, but this is absurd. So, I'm going to uninstall and see if there is some kind of fix later on.

gmac4
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

Post any Stray Souls: Dollhouse Story technical issues here only

[Post New]by gmac4 on Apr 7, 11 11:19 AM
Unfortunately I bought this game without a trial first. The cursor just floats around. The game seems like it would be interesting but I don't have the patience to try and get the cursor to go where I want it to go. Another thing is I put the fangs in the gate and I'm stuck on the rotating rings (because of the floating cursor) and there isnt a "skip" option. Got any suggestions?
bfgFlounder wrote:
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>. Using our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a> is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=166">Frequent Crashing of Game</a>
<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=438">Game Compatibility</a>

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>.

**Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking standard help with the game (ie. hints and tips), feel free to start a new thread with your question in the Game Forum.**

[Post New]by Angela53 on Apr 24, 11 11:45 AM
I thought it was my computer. its xp but this is the first time i cannot play game properly. Had Game downloaded through Gamehouse at first. than big fish, but same problem as other people are having. screen goes white. was going to purchase this game, but not if it does not play properly

eponym
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by eponym on May 27, 11 12:19 PM
My game froze all I had was a blank screen at the gate puzzle. BFG sent me a refund. I hope they fix the problem soon since I will repurchase it. I hate to miss out on a really good collector's edition.

LaniKat
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by LaniKat on Jul 4, 11 4:07 PM
Was happy to see the SE version, but still have problems! None of the mini games will load! Playing on Mac. Like the game but really wish they would fix the bugs!

Edited on 07/06/2011 at 2:37:00 AM PST

blueskies01
Guppy
Guppy
161 Posts

[Post New]by blueskies01 on Jul 5, 11 10:27 PM
angiinjax wrote:I am having the same trouble Hazel53Xby is having. I cannot read the journal or play the mini games.... everything else is fine.

After the CE wouldn't work, I hoped that this version would. But here the screen
goes black for journal and most minigames; in any event, none of the minigames will play. Have to wait to press "Skip" to continue. Won't buy while until these problems are fixed.

[Post New]by elizabethbotzner on Aug 4, 11 10:00 PM
Janferie wrote:I get as far as putting the steel fangs in the gate but it won't let me do the puzzle there. In fact, once I've done that, I'm stuck and can't do another thing! Help!

I am having the same problems with this game on my Mac. Please help!

[Post New]by gembob13 on Aug 14, 11 4:59 AM
blueskies01 wrote:
angiinjax wrote:I am having the same trouble Hazel53Xby is having. I cannot read the journal or play the mini games.... everything else is fine.

After the CE wouldn't work, I hoped that this version would. But here the screen
goes black for journal and most minigames; in any event, none of the minigames will play. Have to wait to press "Skip" to continue. Won't buy while until these problems are fixed.

I'm having the same problems! I just get the environment screen instead of the puzzles... it sounds like the puzzles should be there when I click, but all I can do is wait for the skip button to load so I can move on.
I'd def buy this game if it worked. Have contacted BFG & will post reponse when I get one.

[Post New]by Shdoyle on Sep 23, 11 7:25 PM
Help. Can't get to play all I see is black screen with two spinning bolts at right bottom of screen. Thought maybe was a loading thing but that is all it does.

Game crashes when I place last doll in the house (iPad)

[Post New]by Anada_mx on Jan 8, 12 10:06 PM
Hello,
I have reached the orphanage and i rescued Sam's doll, but the game crashes when I place it in the house and the game tries to play the animation.
Is there a solution for this?
Thanks.

[Post New]by AntipodesAnnie on Apr 5, 12 9:57 PM
Loaded stray souls for iPad. Has frozen up (just has the little timer cogs in the corner). Any suggestions?

anges35
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

[Post New]by anges35 on Jun 10, 13 3:15 PM
iPad version: Unlocking freezes game!!

EDIT to update: in-app unlock freezes game. Use either the Full or CE app version initially or the system will freeze after you attempt the in-app unlock.

First time: Played up to>>>
Enter the police station.
Chapter 4
Got unlock message. Went through the full unlock for $4.99. Seemed to go okay, but screen returned for the HOS above and froze there> unable to do anything in or on the game. Showed Hint, Inventory, Journal, Menu but none worked.
-------------------------------------------------
Deleted game, downloaded and installed again
------------------------------------------------
Second time: Played up to>>>
Chapter 3
Got unlock message. Decided to try the CE unlock for $6.99. Process seemed to go okay, but screen returned, BLACK with 2 gold dials on lower right corner turning. Nothing else on screen.
--------------------------------------------------

Edited on 06/11/2013 at 9:09:22 AM PST

Go to: