lillijeff
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

Re:Post any Treasure Hunters technical issues here only

[Post New]by lillijeff on Mar 14, 11 4:11 PM
Oh, and another thing: it took a surprisingly short time to download the game!!!! I think this is a bad sign -my internet connection is not THAT fast!!

[Post New]by 9552516451 on Mar 14, 11 4:20 PM
Well, I thought BFG had finally come out with a decent game that wasn't ghosts, spirits, or any such thing related. I'm assuming this game didn't have any of these.
But boy, was I disappointed when I tried to play it! BFG you let me down! You used to have good games but I'm agreeing with everyone else, you are not doing your job by testing these games for problems before trying to get the public to buy them.
Some of the players are lucky..at least they can get to the starting screen. All I get is a black blank screen with a rotating circle.
Could I just have my game credit refunded to me please? I'm not into taking my time trying to get a game to work which should have worked before offering it to the public.
I'm not even going to try this game anymore. Keep going like this BFG and you will lose me as a customer. Disappointed in Pocomoke

[Post New]by luvsbears on Mar 14, 11 5:18 PM
When I got the scanner it told me to click the scanner then click the object with the arrow... I clicked the scanner, I clicked the object, I clicked the scanner again, I clicked the object again, I clicked all around the scanner, I clicked all around the object... nothing. When I tried to "save and exit"... nothing. I had to do the dreaded control - alt- delete. Tried to do the game again, the same thing. I don't think I'm doing any thing wrong. I haven't had any freezing problems for quite a while with BF. I love Big Fish, wouldn't go anywhere else to play. Just fix the game, thanks.

[Post New]by maryquilts2 on Mar 14, 11 5:52 PM
Couldn't get the game to download, when I clicked the run button nothing happened,I have been getting errors on several games, saying it could be corrupt or missing files, lately. Have been a game player for years, what is going on?Also I ask about Epic adventure:cursed onboard, where do I find the replies?

[Post New]by ladyveteran on Mar 14, 11 7:34 PM
I have gotten as far as the cave with the key. I used the NVG got the hidden objects then couldn't get to the x-ray glasses because dial froze.Had to Ctrl, Alt, Delete to get out of game. Like others I'm tired of the games having glitches.

jscrafts
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by jscrafts on Mar 14, 11 10:06 PM
Looked like it might have been a good and interesting game. But I couldn't even get past the first screen and the music was unbearable. Scratch another one for me.

[Post New]by magicmunchkin on Mar 14, 11 10:55 PM
devilwolf81 wrote:I made it to level 23 before it froze up and won't let me use the x-ray googles. The only other problems I had was the 1st HOG in the lab, I couldn't pick up the pincers for a little while, rebooted and it worked but it's not working now.

I am having the same issue I got all the way to the cave after climbing the cliff and now need to use the x ray goggles and it will not allow me to select it then everything locks up but hitting esc got me out of the game if there is no fix I want my money back

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Mar 15, 11 3:38 AM
Eisteepfirsich wrote:I had only a very little screen while playing (I think its because I have a widescreen laptop), thats very annoying

No, Eisteepfirsich... it has nothing to do with your widescreen laptop, I have one too (see my earlier post).

The game shows only as a small box on my laptop, as I mentioned before. And I had the same problem with 2 previous games, but at least I was able to lower the resolution manually to a setting that allowed for full-screen mode. However, this isn´t happening with this game. No matter what resolution I use, the tiny screen I get isn´t changing.

Re:Technical Difficulties

[Post New]by Rdino1 on Mar 15, 11 5:59 AM
Bboo2 wrote:Game freezes after the mini game in the underwater boat. The fish still swim but nothing happens and it will not take you back or let you out of the scene.
Deleted and re-downloaded and still nothing happens.
Waiting for BFG to contact me on just what I need to do.
This was reported my email to BFG.
Iam having the exact same problem.

[Post New]by iampeacewalker on Mar 15, 11 12:11 PM
To Sherlockgirls
I run XP and the game was a real dog
So slow cursor hardly moved and it took 9 minutes from load time to putting in my name a grabbing the first object.
A game runs that poorly..I just uninstalled and gave up.

[Post New]by sanpaulo on Mar 15, 11 12:19 PM
Was really disappointed when this game froze and would not restart after scanning the document. But having read other comments it seems I was lucky to get that far. I agree BFG seem to have more quality issues recently...why???
What other sites would people recommend??

[Post New]by SherlockGirls on Mar 15, 11 10:26 PM
Thank you, Edmontonborn for testing my theory, and thank you, too, Iampeacewalker, for your feedback. Sigh! Obviously, my XP theory isn't the magic answer! I'm so disappointed it didn't work!

And in answer to Valdy, I agree with you that game developers should keep up with the latest versions, but I also think that distributors, including BF, should keep all games available to us, even the old games... but they should alert us to the fact if the game is very old or outdated, if indeed the version of our operating system is going to be an issue.

Also, I feel for the gamers who have older systems and don't want to (or can't) buy every new OS update. I'm one of them. I want XP forever!

rodsbaby
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by rodsbaby on Mar 16, 11 4:51 AM
hi i got to biuld the boat then could not get it to go anywhere

xxybcc
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by xxybcc on Mar 16, 11 7:32 AM
Has anyone been given given advice on how to fix the problems with this game? I contacted Big Fish and ran the Dr. Felix file and I have not been told if this is fixable. I guess I will just delete this game!

lyla4
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by lyla4 on Mar 16, 11 8:07 AM
Got as far as the cave and found all objects now the wheel with the xray goggles will not move really tired of problem games !

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Mar 16, 11 10:07 AM
Hello everyone,

Cursor issues, freezes, crashes and game lag can all occur if there is an outdated component in your system. Although this isn't the only reason, it's best to go through some troubleshooting steps to rule out this possibility; here is a help article with those steps:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If you've already gone through this process and are still experiencing an issue, the next best thing to do is to get in touch with a Tech Support (you can click on this link) rep so that we can assist you one-on-one. This is also a great way for us to collect more information on any recurring issues that might be occurring. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

jtrigg
Lobster
Lobster
97 Posts

[Post New]by jtrigg on Mar 17, 11 2:04 AM
Apart from continual freezes, since when due you spell "Hammer" Hummer and Belt Bell. I realise that English may not be the natural language for some of the game studios, but please correct spelling errors before the games are put out for sale!

[Post New]by linda90605 on Mar 20, 11 7:58 PM
down loaded okay...keeps frezing after hidden object game....tried twice ...there will be NO third time...this is not for me!!!!!

Re:Technical Difficulties

[Post New]by ladydazzle57 on Mar 28, 11 6:38 PM
Bboo2 wrote:Game freezes after the mini game in the underwater boat. The fish still swim but nothing happens and it will not take you back or let you out of the scene.
Deleted and re-downloaded and still nothing happens.
Waiting for BFG to contact me on just what I need to do.
This was reported my email to BFG.

[Post New]by sunsmle186 on Apr 3, 11 10:09 AM
I purchased Treasure Hunters on 3/14/11. Had no problem downloading game. Was find playing the game until I arrived to a particular scene where I had to use the goggles but every time I enter into this particular scene, I can't get out of it and I have to shut down my computer. I did this two times already. I am very disappointed in doing this. If there is something else you can do to help me out of this I would greatly appreciate it, if not then I think you should refund my money and I will look for something else. I would appreciate a quick response to my problem. Looks like I am not the only one experiencing the same situation with having to re-boot your computer. whats going on here. Sounds like there is a glitch in the game. I would like an answer. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Susan M.Emerson
(email removed by moderator)

Edited on 04/04/2011 at 9:18:57 AM PST

Go to: